Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Escutcheons final stage
Escutcheons final stage
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21
By Staleyx 2019-03-07 18:07:19
Link | Citer | R

Shield can make you good gil if 1. You already have gil to gamble with it or 2. You farm most of the materials. One day you will make 2 or 4 hq3 in a row then lose hundreds of millions the next day.
 Cua
By Cua 2019-03-07 18:08:58
Link | Citer | R

This doesn't sound very enticing. I might just skip the shield.
 Cua
By Cua 2019-03-07 18:09:48
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
Asura.Grievance said: »
You people building shields have a big surprise coming when done....lol. you wont be the hq machine you hoped for

you say that as if anyone who finished a shield put any effort into it rather than having bots handle the dirty work for them.

if you speaking from first hand experience it sure didn't do much harm to you judging by your profile.

By bots, are you talking about the Crafting Lua with windower where you can "//craft repeat 60" and afk in your mog house?
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-07 18:16:13
Link | Citer | R

No, literally bot killing and bot crafting and bot focusing. The whole process is automated.
By Staleyx 2019-03-07 18:18:49
Link | Citer | R

Sphere farming bots. Sometimes you are better off farming gil and buying some percentage of the spheres from them. Every day it gets harder to make profit, the first wave of shields really banked.
By Marootsoobootsu 2019-03-07 18:32:10
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
Marootsoobootsu said: »
RMT are farming Medals at a rate that real players cannot match, and are converting that to Su5s and +2 necks at a price that real players cannot match. It actually is a problem right now.
I can't buy this. The only blatant RMTs I've seen are people with ajshdvha names in Ceizak and Sih on BST/dnc in full spark gear (sometimes full bayld) brazenly speed hacking half the zone.

Is the argument that RMTs are going around, gaining access to Dynamis Divergence, farming wave 1/2 for medals, and then getting crafting up to 110 + shields for the ability to make the Su5 weapons and +2 some Dynamis JSE necks to price gouge to sell to get the gil to sell to people?
And not just bot out sparks?
Pretty sure all the SU5/neck+2 sellers are just random people.

You are dramatically overestimating the difficulty of scripting to Dyna D qualifications, and dramatically underestimating the wealth you can get from it when you're bringing 18 accounts, 14 of which are getting the first-time rewards for everyone.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-07 18:35:50
Link | Citer | R

RMT with good bots also have good gear. If someone can script something like dynamis - d, do you really expect them to be running around with 5/5 sparks gear on and a giant neon 'IM A RMT' sign glued to their head..?

If you have quality automation, your characters have gearswap/ac files, proper swaps, and quality gear. It's an investment in your own profitability. Picking excessive amounts of names gets hard, and I'm sure some of my guys could be recognized as sketchy, but I'm certainly not using the automatic name generator or just keyboard smashing. They at least have reasonable syllables and look like something a real player could theoretically use.
[+]
By Shichishito 2019-03-07 18:41:08
Link | Citer | R

thats only viable tactic when the devs don't give a damn anymore. usually RMT would be concerned to get banned and lose all the good gear in the process so they'd rather sell them and sport low quality equip.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-07 18:48:33
Link | Citer | R

It's always viable, the catch is that if you don't look like RMT you won't be treated like RMT. How do you think people sell real content in real games? You can hop into WoW and hire a group to carry you through the hardest raids in the game 2 weeks after they come out. They're not doing that in the equivalent of sparks gear, they're using real characters and making a lot more as a result.

Dumpster tier naked china are not and never have been the most profitable model, just the most accessible.
[+]
By Staleyx 2019-03-07 19:10:36
Link | Citer | R

GMs do nothing anymore. They don't care sadly. As long as the monthly sub fees are coming in. Just let it gooooooo
By Shichishito 2019-03-07 20:50:09
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
It's always viable, the catch is that if you don't look like RMT you won't be treated like RMT. How do you think people sell real content in real games? You can hop into WoW and hire a group to carry you through the hardest raids in the game 2 weeks after they come out. They're not doing that in the equivalent of sparks gear, they're using real characters and making a lot more as a result.

Dumpster tier naked china are not and never have been the most profitable model, just the most accessible.

you could probably get rid of 80% of the bad eggs just by looking at peoples FFXIAH profiles without any collaterals.

there aren't any super sneaky RMT that stealth their way around the system. if you think no one notices than you are just fooling yourself, most people know or suspect something. they just tolerate it cause they can leech off of it or they can't do anything to stop it cause SE tolerates it, too.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-07 21:05:39
Link | Citer | R

I'm not totally sure what you're trying to say there, but if you use AH profiles for literally anything other than seeing someone exists. you are doing it wrong.

They are far from accurate, just because someone makes billions and has zero or few shinies on their profile doesnt automatically mean they sell it. it just means they value gear over weapons and/or only make the weapons they actually want. A lot of people don't have their ***linked too, or actively stopped it from tracking.

Hell, shield is a billion+. (roughly, etc) that's all 16 relics w/ glow. They just chose the shield instead. and shields aren't tracked.

(*) But everyone with a shield IS absolutely rmting... or... they should be if they aren't smart enough to be.
By Shichishito 2019-03-07 22:05:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I'm not totally sure what you're trying to say there, but if you use AH profiles for literally anything other than seeing someone exists. you are doing it wrong.

They are far from accurate, just because someone makes billions and has zero or few shinies on their profile doesnt automatically mean they sell it.

what do you mean with its not accurate? i mean they probably own more than what is displayed but at least whats showen is/was in their possession at some point, right?

i'm aware that there are people who don't have their stuff linked. from the players that do celebrate the show boat aspect of FFXIAH you can, most of the time, tell apart those who had to work for it and those who didn't.

and the show boat aspect seems pretty prominent considering the amount of reoccurring complaint threads cause they didn't get credit for REMA X.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-03-08 07:40:35
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
you could probably get rid of 80% of the bad eggs just by looking at peoples FFXIAH profiles without any collaterals.

there aren't any super sneaky RMT that stealth their way around the system. if you think no one notices than you are just fooling yourself, most people know or suspect something.

I have a mule with the sole purpose of offloading things after I run out of auction house space on my main character. If you checked it's auction history you'd see only sales of things like alexandrites, dyna D shards and crystals and various crafted items. There's no purchase history. I'd wager the bulk of accounts you find on FFXIAH like that aren't RMT but just some random person's auction mule. You can't just pass judgments like that, because more often than not you'll be wrong.

I also have two crafting mules to supplement my main character's crafting, and that's a pretty common thing in this day and age. You know how many people craft on two or three (or more) characters just because S-E never decided to let you max out all crafting skills on the same character, thereby forcing crafting mules for multiple crafts? There are quite a lot...
[+]
 Cua
By Cua 2019-03-08 07:43:07
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Quote:

there aren't any super sneaky RMT that stealth their way around the system. if you think no one notices than you are just fooling yourself, most people know or suspect something.

I have a mule with the sole purpose of offloading things after I run out of auction house space on my main character. If you checked it's auction history you'd see only sales of things like alexandrites, dyna D shards and crystals and various crafted items. There's no purchase history. I'd wager the bulk of accounts you find on FFXIAH like that aren't RMT but just some random person's auction mule. You can't just pass judgments like that, because more often than not you'll be wrong.

I also have two crafting mules to supplement my main character's crafting, and that's a pretty common thing in this day and age. You know how many people craft on two or three (or more) characters just because S-E never decided to let you max out all crafting skills on the same character, thereby forcing crafting mules for multiple crafts? There are quite a lot...

Good post. I'm one of those people with a mule racking up gil and just selling a bunch of crafting mats / gathering materials.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-03-08 07:48:10
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

I'm sure this happens, but what seems to happen MORE is that they're not mules, they're alternate accounts, and these alternate accounts are spending 18 hours botting for spheres and 6 hours selling those spheres.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Serveur: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-03-08 08:18:20
Link | Citer | R

The point is you can't just go around blanket banning like that. While you may be able to take out a lot of legitamite RMT, you're going to snare a bunch of innocents as well. The negative backlash would be severe and the damage it would cause to the game can't easily be measured. They already did something very similar once in 2009 with the infamous gardening ban, and they paid the price for it then. But times have changed and there's no telling how much their revenue would suffer if they repeated that mistake. They don't have a robust customer service staff dedicated to the game anymore to repair the damages, and trying to figure out which accounts legitametly need to be reinstated versus those that were rightfully banned would be a massive undertaking for their limited resources. Simply put, they might not be able to recover from it.

Remember, we're at a point where FFXI is in maintinence mode. The players remaining are loyal, but their hands are tied with how much they can do with the project. They can't release a new expansion even if they WANTED to because they're down to a dozen or two working PS2 devkits, and they never ported the asset creation process to a windows environment so once those stop working theree will be no new gear or models ever again. It would be stupidly risky to issue another blanket ban from both a management as well as a customer service perspective. The risk/reward ratio of what they would gain by filtering out the RMT versus the revenue they'd lose as a result of alienated legitamite players is NOT going to be in their favor no matter how you look at it.
[+]
By Staleyx 2019-03-08 09:35:28
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
But everyone with a shield IS absolutely rmting... or... they should be if they aren't smart enough to be.

Stop get, get some halp.
 Odin.Drakenv
Serveur: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-03-08 09:51:58
Link | Citer | R

The point is you can't just go around blanket banning like that. While you may be able to take out a lot of legitamite RMT, you're going to snare a bunch of innocents as well. The negative backlash would be severe and the damage it would cause to the game can't easily be measured. They already did something very similar once in 2009 with the infamous gardening ban, and they paid the price for it then. But times have changed and there's no telling how much their revenue would suffer if they repeated that mistake. They don't have a robust customer service staff dedicated to the game anymore to repair the damages, and trying to figure out which accounts legitametly need to be reinstated versus those that were rightfully banned would be a massive undertaking for their limited resources. Simply put, they might not be able to recover from it.

Remember, we're at a point where FFXI is in maintinence mode. The players remaining are loyal, but their hands are tied with how much they can do with the project. They can't release a new expansion even if they WANTED to because they're down to a dozen or two working PS2 devkits, and they never ported the asset creation process to a windows environment so once those stop working theree will be no new gear or models ever again. It would be stupidly risky to issue another blanket ban from both a management as well as a customer service perspective. The risk/reward ratio of what they would gain by filtering out the RMT versus the revenue they'd lose as a result of alienated legitamite players is NOT going to be in their favor no matter how you look at it.
This is too true.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-03-08 11:09:14
Link | Citer | R

The gold rush on shields is long gone. I built my last 2 just for completion purposes. I think I have turned on my Goldshield maybe 3x times in 6 months?

First, 100 skill was the standard.. Once everyone got to 100 there was no big money being made because everyone had it

Second, 110 was the standard.. Once everyone got to 110 there was no big money being made because everyone had it

Third, the minimum standard is the shield.. Enough people have it to where the margins are so small there is no massive large scale profit being made. Sure their are niches on certain items/crafts on each server. But making 100m+ in 30 minutes is dead.

Currently, 110+shield+hacks = These are the people making the gil hand over fist.
By Shichishito 2019-03-08 11:32:50
Link | Citer | R

i wasn't referring as much to the sales history (even tho its probably a good way to catch some shield owners), a lot of RMT action is done via bazaar or trade anyway.

i mean people with profiles that have dozens REMA, almost every job mastered and what ever else gets points.
there are several profiles that own almost every REMA out there yet there isn't enough inventory space to even remotely gear all jobs properly. those folks are begging for a ban.

Drakenv said: »
The negative backlash would be severe and the damage it would cause to the game can't easily be measured. They already did something very similar once in 2009 with the infamous gardening ban, and they paid the price for it then.

never heard about a ban wave that hit multiple of innocent players until now. i always had the impression SE used to ban very conservatively.
if you ban you always get players that pretend they didn't cheat and whine about it on the boards to get their accounts back, while most if not all of them did infact cheat.
i'm pretty sure SE lost A LOT more players by looking away over the years than they've ever banned innocent players in all ban waves combined.

i'm pretty sure there never have been any bans dealt purely by eyeballing their FFXIAH account, but you could pretty accurately do exactly that.
heck you could click the achievments tab and blast the first 25 people listed without even checking their profiles and you'd 100% not ban anyone innocent.

*Edit* pretty funny the whole gardning ban, its almost as if they admited "yeah, we designed the gardening system exclusively with bots and RMTs in mind." then again i have the same impression about the old fishing system, chocobo diging, mining and a bunch of other activities.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-03-08 11:45:29
Link | Citer | R

i wasn't referring as much to the sales history (even tho its probably a good way to catch some shield owners), a lot of RMT action is done via bazaar or trade anyway.

i mean people with profiles that have dozens REMA, almost every job mastered and what ever else gets points.
there are several profiles that own almost every REMA out there yet there isn't enough inventory space to even remotely gear all jobs properly. those folks are begging for a ban.

Odin.Drakenv said: »
The negative backlash would be severe and the damage it would cause to the game can't easily be measured. They already did something very similar once in 2009 with the infamous gardening ban, and they paid the price for it then.

never heard about a ban wave that hit multiple of innocent players until now. i always had the impression SE used to ban very conservatively.
if you ban you always get players that pretend they didn't cheat and whine about it on the boards to get their accounts back, while most if not all of them did infact cheat.
i'm pretty sure SE lost A LOT more players by looking away over the years than they've ever banned innocent players in all ban waves combined.

i'm pretty sure there never have been any bans dealt purely by eyeballing their FFXIAH account, but you could pretty accurately do exactly that.
heck you could click the achievments tab and blast the first 25 people listed without even checking their profiles and you'd 100% not ban anyone innocent.

*Edit* pretty funny the whole gardning ban, its almost as if they admited "yeah, we designed the gardening system exclusively with bots and RMTs in mind." then again i have the same impression about the old fishing system, chocobo diging, mining and a bunch of other activities.
*** stick I didn’t say that.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-08 11:49:32
Link | Citer | R

Wait, are we talking about banning potential buyers based on having too much progress? Jesus, this guy is dumber than I thought. That you, Starcade?
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-03-08 11:59:46
Link | Citer | R

Y
Wait, are we talking about banning potential buyers based on having too much progress? Jesus, this guy is dumber than I thought. That you, Starcade?
I also see a statement about people having too little space to support all gear sets for their huge rema collection are asking to be banned. I Dano there are people called “collectors.” Some people collect bodies,some blood, some collect weapons because it keeps them playing? Maybe feeding their addiction.
By Shichishito 2019-03-08 12:23:38
Link | Citer | R

fixed it.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2019-03-08 12:27:27
Link | Citer | R

fixed it.
Glad you fixed your mistake :pinches your cheek:
By Shichishito 2019-03-08 12:40:22
Link | Citer | R

Wait, are we talking about banning potential buyers based on having too much progress

yes. do you realy think you'd punish just one innocent person if you'd ban the entire top 25 of the achievments list?

this is a MMO, the genere is designed around the concept of extreme grinding. if you had to work for your gill there is no way that you find yourself with such a tremendous surplus of income that you can spend it on a ton of expensive BS that you never even use in the first place.
By Shichishito 2019-03-08 12:42:15
Link | Citer | R

fixed it.
Glad you fixed your mistake :pinches your cheek:

unfixed it.
 Asura.Grievance
user: ringly
By Asura.Grievance 2019-03-08 13:49:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Grievance said: »
You people building shields have a big surprise coming when done....lol. you wont be the hq machine you hoped for

you say that as if anyone who finished a shield put any effort into it rather than having bots handle the dirty work for them.

if you speaking from first hand experience it sure didn't do much harm to you judging by your profile.
Correct, my influx of gil was never from shield, I had hoped it would increase my potential. And it still may, but my initial thoughts and reality of the shield are two very different worlds.

And yes, I figured out fast that items needs to be farmed as I cringe and calculate at every break....
By aashafox 2019-03-09 20:11:33
Link | Citer | R

What's some of the chains people have done to get the most spirit return?
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21