Random Politics & Religion #25

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #25
Random Politics & Religion #25
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 59 60 61
By Nausi 2017-07-05 10:38:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Nausi said: »
Coercion is also against the law.
Federal and state law.

To be honest, that reddit user has the ability to file criminal and civil charges against CNN.
...but considering the certain and violent pubic backlash from radical leftists, will they have the courage?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-05 10:40:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Federal and state law.

To be honest, that reddit user has the ability to file criminal and civil charges against CNN.

When Trump hopes, it calls for obstruction of justice charges and impeachment.

When CNN threatens, it is just the First Amendment at work.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-07-05 10:58:19
Link | Citer | R

Sure, coercion, extortion whatever. Non-legal definitions have some overlap. (do you feel better?)

Didnt say it wasn't. Too bad he got doxxed by 4Chan. Ruined all the drama.
By Nausi 2017-07-05 11:03:46
Link | Citer | R

Imagine living in such a bubble that a multi-billion dollar company threatening an average citizen for political satire is considered a hero.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-07-05 11:04:34
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Sure, coercion, extortion whatever. Non-legal definitions have some overlap. (do you feel better?)

He got doxxed by 4chan? Did you hear that on CNN?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-07-05 11:22:23
Link | Citer | R

Nope. Read it on 4Chan's /pol/ and r/The_Donald.
By Nausi 2017-07-05 11:33:57
Link | Citer | R

Nope. Read it on 4Chan's /pol/ and r/The_Donald.
I have not read he has been doxxed yet.
By Yatenkou 2017-07-05 11:58:34
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Blackmail:

Noun: the action, treated as a criminal offense, of demanding money from a person in return for not revealing compromising or injurious information about that person.

Verb: demand money from a person in return for not revealing compromising or injurious information about that person

Literally not blackmail. Possibly Coercion (maybe) but the timeline of events between the parties is muddled.
The definition has shifted however to demanding that someone do what you want or else you will do something bad to them that'll ruin them either financially, maritally, or damaging to your reputation. It's not just about money, and CNN held this person's identity, personal information on them for something as stupid as a meme.

Lemme put this in perspective. The only reason this person got attention was because Trump tweeted it, and the fact is that this should have been a case of an ant hurling insults at a titan, the 'titan' should have ignored it. But no, they went out of their damn way to find this person, and then threaten them with releasing their information in that statement "Unless circumstances change we reserve the right to publish the information" or something to that effect. That right there is blackmail, and it carries the IMMEDIATE danger to that person's life as someone could very well track them down and harm them. There are people that are crazy enough, such as someone who shoots up a congressional baseball practice.

So is CNN ***? Yes, they are 100% *** and KN has already cited the laws that the victim could easily file charges under. I'm giving CNN 5 years before this baggage tears them apart and their advertisers start dropping them.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-05 12:10:34
Link | Citer | R

I mostly wanted Trump for the Supreme Court pick(s), but seeing CNN self-destruct would be some sweet, sweet icing on the cake.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2017-07-05 12:13:35
Link | Citer | R

Everyone is self destructing! *and holy ***, I posted in a PnR Thread again!*

*waits for incoming thread nuke and gif of Gordon Ramsay shaking his head*
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-05 12:22:15
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
I mostly wanted Trump for the Supreme Court pick(s), but seeing CNN self-destruct would be some sweet, sweet icing on the cake.

The left in generally is losing it's grip right now. Their answer to Trump is to create so much vitriol and hate to force Trump to resign. The people supporting them have the sick mentality of a fanatic and we can expect increasingly radical and violent responses.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-05 12:28:54
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
gif of Gordon Ramsay shaking his head
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-07-05 12:31:24
Link | Citer | R

Yatenkou said: »
is CNN ***?

I doubt it...they're owned by time warner now... who is up 60 bucks a share over the last five years.

It's probaby just wishfull thinking
By Yatenkou 2017-07-05 12:35:55
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
is CNN ***?

I doubt it...they're owned by time warner now... who is up 60 bucks a share over the last five years.

It's probaby just wishfull thinking
Time Warner is also being bought by AT&T, and that's about an 85 billion merger. If enough people were outraged (And trust me, there are tons of people these days willing to fight the advertisers and potential merger companies) in order to stick it to the other political side. I wonder if the long list of sponsors posted on 4chan will start receiving any phone calls now that CNN has done this? It'll kinda be like what happened with Hannity when USAA said they were dropping him. Their consumers were SO PISSED that USAA was forced to stay with Hannity due to the backlash from their customers.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-07-05 12:45:43
Link | Citer | R

85 billion.... If enough people were outraged

TWX is 80 billion on their own...you can buy a hell of a lot of people with 80 billion dollars..

try to imagine hearing anybody complain behind a wall that you made out of 80 billion dollars...and 80 billion dollar money fort... of solitude....and go *** yourself...

/recieves a discreet packet of hundred dollar bills

this just in... I love ted turner...and CNN is great...you should go watch it right now... I know that's what I'm doing
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-05 12:51:52
Link | Citer | R

Oh, that's from me.

That's your ransom money for the release of my kitty reward for the rescue of my kitty.

Please, continue hating Ted Turner.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-07-05 13:12:27
Link | Citer | R

85 billion.... If enough people were outraged

TWX is 80 billion on their own...you can buy a hell of a lot of people with 80 billion dollars..

try to imagine hearing anybody complain behind a wall that you made out of 80 billion dollars...and 80 billion dollar money fort... of solitude....and go *** yourself...

this just in... I love ted turner...and CNN is great...you should go watch it right now... I know that's what I'm doing

Worth and Cash are two entirely different things. If you purchased a $500K home using a loan from a mortgage, then you are "Worth" that 500K plus the cost of your education, plus the value of your car, plus the contents of that home, retirement accounts and so forth. Pretty easy to hit a million that way. Doesn't mean you can spend a million or even 500K, much less the liabilities and debt that might be carried from student loans, car loan and that mortgage.

Companies work the same way, they have their value on paper but they don't have that much just laying around in cash.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-07-05 13:19:13
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
Worth and Cash are two entirely different things.

yeah...well... best of luck to you then geting cnn off the air...because of some douchebag named han *** solo...

I'll be over here not holding my breath waiting for them to fall..
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-05 13:19:54
Link | Citer | R

best of luck to you then geting cnn off the air
Sad part is, we don't have to do a damn thing.

They are doing all the work for us.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-07-05 13:51:46
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.
Meaning they can publish his name should anyone else actually dox him or the story would change in some other way, you chucklefucks. What the hell benefit would CNN get from blackmailing or coercing some random literal *** off the internet? Use the non-lizard parts of your brains once in a while, please.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2017-07-05 13:59:56
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Use the non-lizard parts of your brains once in a while, please.

no.

/folds arms and turns away
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-05 14:15:56
Link | Citer | R

What the hell benefit would CNN get from blackmailing or coercing some random literal *** off the internet?
What the hell would CNN have to gain from going after the guy in the first place?

Down, knight! You don't have to rescue CNN on this issue. They are perfectly capable of *** up on their own.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-07-05 14:21:27
Link | Citer | R

So is CNN ***?
As long as cable subscribers are forced to bundle and pay for them via buying basic cable services they will always have some form of income.

Lets get new regulations going that shift the paradigm into an a-la-carte service where I can tell the to *** off if I want.

We can call it the "Make Cable News Great Again" act.
By Nausi 2017-07-05 14:25:13
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.
Meaning they can publish his name should anyone else actually dox him or the story would change in some other way, you chucklefucks. What the hell benefit would CNN get from blackmailing or coercing some random literal *** off the internet? Use the non-lizard parts of your brains once in a while, please.

Pleebo, your "white knight" skill isn't leveled enough to tackle this one.

Trust me.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-07-05 14:34:45
Link | Citer | R

None of your interpretation of this story makes any sense but you're going to believe it wholeheartedly to ensure your perpetual victimization by some imaginary liberal cabal so who cares.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-05 14:57:22
Link | Citer | R

None of your interpretation of this story makes any sense
And why is that?

I think it's because you A) automatically argue with anyone who's not within the same scope of political identity as you are, and B) attack anyone who Trump has attacked before.

Because, I 125% guarantee you, if the shoe is on the other foot, you would be the one who would be screaming "coercion" instead of Nausi. I would (probably) say "coercion" too, but not as loudly, and probably drop it quick.

And I say this because we all know what a partisan hack you really are. Even if you are going to deny it.

-Love, you average partisan hack.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-07-05 15:14:15
Link | Citer | R

I don't care about your made-up hypotheticals. It doesn't make sense to blackmail or coerce this guy. He apologized before contacting CNN. The posters identity was never published but CNN made clear they made no agreement to never post it for whatever reason. Why the *** would you even publish a blackmail threat? Like I said, none of it makes sense.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-05 15:17:10
Link | Citer | R

It doesn't make sense to blackmail or coerce this guy.
It makes no sense to even search the guy in the first place.

And yet, CNN did just that.

Why the *** would you even publish a blackmail threat?
It doesn't make sense to publish said threat online.

And yet, CNN did just that.

So, why again are you defending CNN?

Like I said, none of it makes sense.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-07-05 15:26:21
Link | Citer | R

It's their job to research stories. They never released his info nor threatened to in return for anything. What the *** would they even want? More poorly animated wrestling gifs?

But its a nice distraction from the fact that the infant currently residing in the WH tweets shitposts off reddit in the official capacity of the president of the US.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-07-05 15:41:34
Link | Citer | R

Funny thing is Trump is responsible if the guy does get doxxed, he is the one that plastered the guy's video on his twitter, elevating him from internet troll to national attention he didn't want/ask for. Of course he was going to be discovered the second Trump tweeted, I wonder if the President even bothered to shoot him a heads up?

Like hey I am stealing your video, welcome to the circus!
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 59 60 61