Random Politics & Religion #25

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #25
Random Politics & Religion #25
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-07-25 15:59:08
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
And Clinton would have done what, exactly? Fly in on her broom and assassinate Assad herself? ...
I like this image.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-25 16:00:56
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Yes I did, a coup has the be violent, this is clearly not violent, but maybe it's violent enough to hurt Nausi or Trump's feeling, it still wouldn't be a coup.

One thing to note about the English language is that it is rarely ever as simple as one definition being absolute. Not only has the word taken on different meanings over the years, but there is such a thing as a "bloodless coup" even though that would be completely contradictory to the definition you provided.

tl;dr - Semantics, really?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-07-25 16:18:31
Link | Citer | R

Half brained is an epithet for intelligence. Him towing the party line has always been the complaint again McCain. He likes to talk as the sensible bipartisan "maverick" sometimes but his actual voting record says otherwise. Whether or not he follows through on his Trump comments if he's ever given the chance remains to be seen but I'd be skeptical.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-07-25 16:24:24
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Yes I did, a coup has the be violent, this is clearly not violent, but maybe it's violent enough to hurt Nausi or Trump's feeling, it still wouldn't be a coup.

One thing to note about the English language is that it is rarely ever as simple as one definition being absolute. Not only has the word taken on different meanings over the years, but there is such a thing as a "bloodless coup" even though that would be completely contradictory to the definition you provided.

tl;dr - Semantics, really?

Always.

Personally I prefer my 2 door cars without blood.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-07-25 16:27:10
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Half brained is an epithet for intelligence. Him towing the party line has always been the complaint again McCain. He likes to talk as the sensible bipartisan "maverick" sometimes but his actual voting record says otherwise. Whether or not he follows through on his Trump comments if he's ever given the chance remains to be seen but I'd be skeptical.

Well the vote today is just to bring it to the floor for debate. Which is supposed to be an everyday thing...but with these last couple of congresses it's worthy of throwing a kegger in the Rose Garden.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-25 16:38:25
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Well the vote today is just to bring it to the floor for debate. Which is supposed to be an everyday thing...but with these last couple of congresses it's worthy of throwing a kegger in the Rose Garden.

It's getting to the point where getting anything done is a victory. It's like tee ball with toddlers. They need a lot of praise for performing the simplest actions.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-25 16:38:33
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Half brained is an epithet for intelligence

I'm aware of this, but I'm also aware of the context in which the statements were framed, and they were definite shots at his condition. Comments such as "now that he only has half a brain" aren't really open for interpretation.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-07-25 17:48:16
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
... The Saudis? Don't seem to care about continuing to fund terrorism or giving them safe haven. But Trump didn't seem to mind giving them an arms deal discount....
Actually that arms deal that Trump so proudly claimed was set up under... are you ready? /drumroll Obama's administration.

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-07-25 18:55:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
ISIS would not exist if it wasn't for Obama and his policies regarding BUSH INVADING the Middle East.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-07-25 19:56:17
Link | Citer | R

If anything Trump isn't doing better than Obama in the war against ISIS, but his claim to defeat ISIS with a 30 days plan was dumb.
It wasn't dumb. Among other things Trump is a con man, and must always exude confidence. That was exuding confidence.

Of course he had no plan. That is irrelevant.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-07-25 20:07:02
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
Vote to open healthcare up to debate has passed.

Libs BTFO-ed again!
But McCain BLISTERED the GOP directly afterward.

McCain returns — backing and blasting his own party

Closing statement:

Quote:
I have every intention of returning here and giving many of you cause to regret all the nice things you said about me.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-07-25 20:10:51
Link | Citer | R

No, I did not. Reading comprehension must not be something taught in Texas. Canadian deers are more literate.
The plural of deer is deer.

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-25 20:21:50
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
ISIS would not exist if it wasn't for Obama and his policies regarding BUSH INVADING the Middle East.

Bush never invaded the Middle East. The troops under his command did.

#Duh
#Lrn2History
#911WasAnInsideJob
#RavStopPosting
#UrNotFunny
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-07-25 20:44:11
Link | Citer | R

It just got 3 No votes from Graham, Corker and Paul. I think that might be that for the late night attempt. McCain voted yes.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-25 20:57:14
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
It just got 3 No votes from Graham, Corker and Paul. I think that might be that for the late night attempt. McCain voted yes.

If I'm reading this correctly, they were 60-vote proposals that were doomed to fail anyway (basically just show proposals for the constituents back home).
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-25 21:03:40
Link | Citer | R

So, the Syrian civil war is now Bush's fault?

Are you really that desperate to deflect all blame away from Obama and his atrocious policies?
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-07-25 21:22:43
Link | Citer | R

ISIS would not exist if it wasn't for Obama and his policies regarding BUSH INVADING THE ORIGINAL SETTLERS OF the Middle East.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-25 21:34:07
Link | Citer | R

Somehow, the liberals would still blame Bush about that.

French Revolution? Bush took a ***200 years later, and the French got offended.
Vietnam? That war was so Bush can join the National Guard.
Civil War? Two Bushes and a Clinton conspired about that.
Crusades? Bush wanted a drink, so the Crusaders went to get him the Holy Grail.

Somehow, everything is Bush's fault, at least, according to the liberals and Obama faithful.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-07-25 23:04:11
Link | Citer | R

So, the Syrian civil war is now Bush's fault?

Are you really that desperate to deflect all blame away from Obama and his atrocious policies?
No and no.

Bush opened the floodgates. Obama didn't close them.

But it really started with letting the Sha into this country for cancer treatments.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-07-25 23:16:47
Link | Citer | R

Although this is from my favorite lefty mommy blog there is no politics in this one, promise.

Some Weird *** Zombie Apocalypse Cults Are Feuding And We Need To Know EVERYTHING

Quote:
Quote:
Wonkers! Put your deerstalker caps on and get ready to do some detective work, because we are about to jump down the weirdest rabbit hole I have ever discovered. This ***goes DEEP and I cannot do it alone.

Earlier this week a headline piqued my interest — Woman kills boyfriend after spat with reptilian cult. RELEVANT TO ALL OF MY INTERESTS, thought I! ...
After this its descending down a rabbit hole in wide eyed amazement. 10/10 would read again.
By Nausi 2017-07-25 23:43:11
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said: »
"Silent" coup.

"Alternative facts" coup
Silent coup is a thing. Just saying...
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-07-25 23:55:16
Link | Citer | R

“Set aside Putin and follow the money”: a Russia expert’s theory of the Trump scandal
Why the collusion story begins with money, not politics.

Vox

Worth the read.
By Nausi 2017-07-26 08:26:12
Link | Citer | R

The savage, not muh "transgenders in the military" too....
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-07-26 08:38:49
Link | Citer | R

But it really started with letting the Sha into this country for cancer treatments.
It really started with some graffiti on some walls and some kids being punished for it, which sparked a civil war that the US should not have been involved in.

But hey, denying life-saving treatments to somebody you don't agree with is your prerogative, then don't blame me when doctors deny you life-saving treatments because your ideas made their lives a mess as it is today.

And here I thought liberals/democrats are supposed to be the party of compassion. I guess compassion only goes to people who they completely agree with. Remember, if you hold a pro-life stance, you aren't allowed in the party, even if you agree with anything/everything else they stand for. Because, well, reasons.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61