First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 53 54 55
 Bismarck.Gippali
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2018-05-18 03:17:40
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tacothecat said: »
here is the thing, i don't care. not going to cater to some snowflake feelings because i didn't name things the same as someone else, the way I worded it is perfectly fine, the math didn't change especially with it all being broken down right afterwards

p.s. I never even called it a 4 hit or 5 hit or anything, I called it an xhit, seavel came in with a twist in his panties and flipped out, at this point I am encouraged to do it the way he doesn't like just to piss him off

xhit is just the amount of hits it takes you to get to 1000% tp, it doesn't matter if you add in or subtract your ws from the amount of swings as long as you understand it, throwing a tantrum and telling someone they are wrong because they name it differently and get the same result is ignorant, crying about it is childish and looking over numerous amounts of post between the two of you, I am also encouraged to block you both to avoid anymore of the childish squabbles you two seem to consistently be involved in

If you read it like I did, it was just one long salty *** sentence.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2018-05-18 07:27:37
Link | Citer | R

or you could just go here and plug in your numbers, keeping in mind it doesnt do -15 for sam sub.

http://fadedtwilight.org/storetp-calc.html
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-05-18 08:07:01
Link | Citer | R

for one thing the site is wrong

it also assumes 0 to 1000 without ws return values
[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2018-05-18 12:00:02
Link | Citer | R

Ok so is there another program out there to use? I'm not great at maths. It told me to have 80stp for rag, less 15 for Sam sub. What should it be?
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2018-05-18 12:47:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arnan said: »
relic hands are worth upgeading, outside those and legs, use your money on something else.

The headpiece you should also get +2 at least. Any extra macc during your DS/NV Drain 3 is very welcome

I personally stick with pixie +1 for drain, when you pop ds/nv the m.acc is cranked up pretty high

Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
Ok so is there another program out there to use? I'm not great at maths. It told me to have 80stp for rag, less 15 for Sam sub. What should it be?
http://www.ffxicalculator.com/
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-05-18 13:25:02
Link | Citer | R

Use the Dark Seal head for Drain 3 to boost the Drain 3 HP boost to the point your Dark Seal/Nether Void are back up by the time it wears. Pixies only good for drain 1 and aspir, unless you don't care for the length of your HP boost. It's possible to get Pixie in mid-cast .. but most of the time (server lag, other things) it's far too much hassle. Get Ratri Feet as well, for the duration. The longer the HP boost, the more time you have to kill stuff.

PS: As Taco said, magic accuracy isn't an issue when Dark Seal is active.

Relic Head
[+]
 Asura.Umopepisdn
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Umopepisdn 2018-05-18 23:38:41
Link | Citer | R

I agree, being able to full time HP boost (barring dispel obvs) is much more useful than potency, hence I use the relic head for drain 3 as well.
 Asura.Arnan
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2018-05-19 06:38:39
Link | Citer | R

Even when you use DS/NV you can still get resisted, a lot less chance then normal but its still possible. Ever popped a DS/NV drain 3 and get less than full 5+ min duration? That's because of resist and it happens occasionally if your planning on using DRK for anything worth while. To say magic accuracy is no issue with DS/NV drain is very wrong. Unless you plan on never fighting anything high level
 Cerberus.Tacothecat
By Cerberus.Tacothecat 2018-05-19 14:16:26
Link | Citer | R

getting resisted with ds/nv up is extremely rare. it even works on dark based nm's like the caturae, omen and schah both as well as dynamis. you can easily use drain without the added magic accuracy of reforge, pretending it isnt possible when people were doing it before the relic head came out is very wrong

you can also get more than 5 minutes, the ds/nv recast time, without the use of relic head.
 Asura.Umopepisdn
By Asura.Umopepisdn 2018-05-19 19:04:23
Link | Citer | R

you can also get more than 5 minutes, the ds/nv recast time, without the use of relic head.

I must being doing something wrong then, not even trolling, please explain.
 Asura.Arnan
user: amadis
By Asura.Arnan 2018-05-20 06:24:58
Link | Citer | R

getting resisted with ds/nv up is extremely rare. it even works on dark based nm's like the caturae, omen and schah both as well as dynamis. you can easily use drain without the added magic accuracy of reforge, pretending it isnt possible when people were doing it before the relic head came out is very wrong

Ok so go into a hour and a half Dynamis run and cast DS/NV drain 3 every time its up, I guarantee you that you will not get full duration 5+ mins every time. you will need to use drain 2 or whatever atleast once or twice through the run in order to full time the hp boost regardless if you have relic +3 head/hands or not. resists happen, its part of the game and unless you plan on fighting nothing but fodder on DRK you will get resists.
People have been doing this before relic hands and head got macc, yes absolutely but they were doing so with 75 macc less which is a big deal. your trying to make a point that 75 macc is not a big deal. DRK casts DS/NV drain 3 every 5 mins, it is a very crucial part of the job now, you should be trying to maximise this drain 3 every time and a very good way to do so is to add 75 macc to two pieces that you should already be using in your set anyway, especially since they are now are getting cheaper and cheaper. even +2 gives 55 macc from those 2 pieces.
 Sylph.Darkside
Serveur: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-05-20 09:24:43
Link | Citer | R

Ratri feet also help with the duration reaching 5min+.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2018-05-26 02:47:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
If your wielding a 513 base delay weapon you have a 142 TP per hit base. 207/142 = 1.457, 46 Store TP. /SAM gives you 15 Store TP both in WS and in TP and you can just go from there.
by this are you saying that you count the 15 from sam twice and only need 16? or is it 31 like i think it is? also, just curious what rag's need on stp is. i think im way over if that other person is right about fadedtwilight that i linked earlier. x.x
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-26 03:14:38
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
If your wielding a 513 base delay weapon you have a 142 TP per hit base. 207/142 = 1.457, 46 Store TP. /SAM gives you 15 Store TP both in WS and in TP and you can just go from there.
by this are you saying that you count the 15 from sam twice and only need 16? or is it 31 like i think it is? also, just curious what rag's need on stp is. i think im way over if that other person is right about fadedtwilight that i linked earlier. x.x

Store TP is Store TP is Store TP regardless of where it comes from. /SAM gives +15 Store TP that's permanently on. You don't WS in the same gear as you TP in, and your WS counts as your first hit, so it's very important to know how much TP your getting back from the WS. Rag requires around 70 total Store TP, it's one of the reasons Montante +1 is so much better.
By Tehdoze 2018-05-26 19:31:43
Link | Citer | R

wheres everyones newer sets these days would like to compare to mine
 Carbuncle.Calout
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Calout
By Carbuncle.Calout 2018-06-03 18:52:55
Link | Citer | R

So i'm using Azagarth's GS from the main page and for some reason i cant get it to equip my midcast set's for Drain 2/3 and Aspir 1/2 seems to be ok with Drain 1 but everything else doesnt work can someone take a look Please.
Ok found a work around for now by making a new set for each one. But if anyone still knows the right way to fix it so i dont need one for each spell would be helpful.
 Sylph.Darkside
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-06-04 12:18:08
Link | Citer | R

Looking for some suggestions on ways to improve my current set. I just finished AG Calad and this is what I’m using. I’m concerned about switching to other pieces that may take away from my gear haste being capped. So I’m hesitant to use Sulevia Gauntlets +2 even though it’s got like 15 more accuracy. I have a pocket Corsair and 4 song bard who will soon have honor march so Im usually pretty buffed.
So curious to see if anyone else can think of some improvements.
ItemSet 359322
 Shiva.Humpo
Serveur: Shiva
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2018-06-04 12:46:12
Link | Citer | R

I'd probably use Flamma Ring over Petrov for the ACC bonus if/when needed. Never hurts to lose the +enmity either. You could also swap out hands for Sulev+2 and brutal to Telos. You'd maintain the STP, pick up 3 DA, pretty good amount of ACC, as well as -5% Damage taken and some MEVA. (assuming path D on hands).
 Sylph.Darkside
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-06-04 18:23:37
Link | Citer | R

But those gloves drop me to 24% gear haste. 25 if I pony up and get the +1 belt but still. Hmm. Any other idea
By Fendarin007 2018-06-04 18:36:46
Link | Citer | R

Darkside you could always swap in sulevia hand when last resort is active that way the haste drop doesn’t matter, can add windbuffet belt while your at it for more MA too.

Drops to 24% haste others wise doesn’t sound like a good idea too me
By Tehdoze 2018-06-04 21:26:07
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Darkside said: »
Looking for some suggestions on ways to improve my current set. I just finished AG Calad and this is what I’m using. I’m concerned about switching to other pieces that may take away from my gear haste being capped. So I’m hesitant to use Sulevia Gauntlets +2 even though it’s got like 15 more accuracy. I have a pocket Corsair and 4 song bard who will soon have honor march so Im usually pretty buffed.
So curious to see if anyone else can think of some improvements.
ItemSet 359322

you should be good thats pretty much the same as my set but i use cessance/telos in events i usually have 2 mythic brds and a cor and stewpots
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-06-04 21:49:40
Link | Citer | R

<ammo>Ginsen</ammo>
<head>Flam. Zucchetto +2</head>
<body augment="S11444853974637226649">Valorous Mail</body>
<hands>Sulev. Gauntlets +2</hands>
<legs>Ig. Flanchard +3</legs>
<feet>Flam. Gambieras +2</feet>
<neck>Ganesha's Mala</neck>
<waist>Ioskeha Belt +1</waist>
<ear1>Dedition Earring</ear1>
<ear2>Telos Earring</ear2>
<ring1>Petrov Ring</ring1>
<ring2>Niqmaddu Ring</ring2>
<back augment="S255463270418575">Ankou's Mantle</back>

If i recall, that's a DA +5 body, with DA +10 cape. Although, i think my GS TP builds might be slightly out of date because i typically favor Liberator over other REMA.
By Fendarin007 2018-06-05 07:43:57
Link | Citer | R

Everyone seems to be going the multi attack 6 hit route these day but i believe a stp 5hit performs better from my experience. I’m hoping saevel or someone with similar knowledge can can throw some math at it to work out what is the best setup gear wise. I have both personally I tend to use a ma set while am3 up but still I wonder what’s best. Dropping a hit doesn’t make sense to me
[+]
By zaxtiss 2018-06-22 13:52:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Azagarth said: »
These are my current set's. Feel free to offer advice, I love to improve.

SCYTHE BUILDS
GREAT SWORD BUILDS
Utility Sets

how much acc do you run in the scythe acc set?
 Siren.Demetreos
Serveur: Siren
user: Riggy
By Siren.Demetreos 2018-07-01 17:33:01
Link | Citer | R

So I'm trying to set up a rule in my lua that uses a specific standard engaged set based on what weapon is equipped automatically, rather than having to cycle with f9.

sets.engaged.ragnarok when rag is equipped or sets.engaged.anguta for that etc.

Not entirely sure on how to go about it.

I've been playing around with function customize_melee_set (meleeSet) to no avail.

Any ideas?
By kylespit 2018-07-13 11:29:23
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ballzack said: »
Shiva.Alcadias said: »
Bahamut.Ballzack said: »
Shiva.Alcadias said: »
Hi, I'm using Azagarth's edited Ganno's lua and i'm trying to get it to recognize my Raetic algol. I swapped it with Rag and swapped it out in the weapon array at the top of it but it doesn't seem to work, my Apoc works just fine.
Need to add it to the different Idle sets, and make TP sets for it if you havent already
I have set it in every set I could find that had rag in it and it still didnt seem to swap for me
Try something like this ['Raetic Algol'] instead, if you havent already, so something like sets.Idle.Regen['Raetic Algol'] instead of sets.idle.Regen.Raganrok, do that for whatever sets you replaced ragnarok with

Could someone elaborate on this please. Doing this gives me the syntax that an "=" is expected near the "}".

Thanks in advance.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2018-08-13 10:42:22
Link | Citer | R

Figured i'd post my fancy sleep set for dyna-D wave 1+2 lowman farm.
Drk/blm so i'm the only one sleepga'ing all the things for a party of 5ppl.

Had one sketchy pull of 4 statues at once but high hp+dreadspikes and dt set = no problem

ItemSet 360517
Cape Augs:
+20int
30macc
20magicDamage
10FastCast
-10pdt resin
[+]
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2018-08-17 17:27:03
Link | Citer | R

Neat, I always love seeing funky lowman setups, especially with Liberator. Any particular reason for using AF+3 body over a higher macc body like Flamma+2?

On the topic of Dyna-D, I could use a bit of optimization assistance. Dynamis Sandy D's magic damage taken eyes have convinced me that I need a magical WS set, and I really don't know too much about optimizing a magic damage WS. Heres what I have at the moment:
ItemSet 360660
Hecate's earring is garbage, I know, but I haven't bothered to replace it yet. The real question is WSD vs MAB. My Cor friend tells me WSD > MAB for leaden, but my own initial testing is showing carmine body (NQ Path D) outdoing my AF+3 body, at least on worms outside Bastok. At what points are MAB and WSD interchangeable with each other? I know its a super-niche setup, but I want to optimize for it!
By aigulfe 2018-08-17 21:22:48
Link | Citer | R

It usually depends on how much MAB you're stacking but the rule of thumb is 1 WSD = 3~4 MAB. Personally I think its closer to 3. So not surprised Carmine is ahead of AF. the MAB vs WSD is close but carmine has Macc. I havent played much DRK in dynamis but I did try to get a magic WS set together. It wasnt amazing lol. But I am a COR and my COR tears dyna to shreds. If you have carmine +1 hands, im certain they'd beat rati +1 hands.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 53 54 55