Random Arguments & Strawmen #15

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Arguments & Strawmen #15
Random Arguments & Strawmen #15
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 46 47 48
By fonewear 2016-12-01 11:37:54
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
does math...

If that's the case, I guess one can conclude the terrorists won.

that or, the politicians haven't returned from the cocaine orgy celebration over Bush's victory.

oh!?... so the terrorists are all gone then are they!?

/waits for it

DIDN'T THINK SO!!!

Nope still here:

[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-01 11:38:44
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
eliroo said: »
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Depends on how you view a half filled/emptied glass.
Viciouss said: »
Oh wow he paid some people to stay in Indiana

do either of you have an example of another politician keeping a campaign promise before he/she ever got into office?

I'd really like to see how it stacks up.
I'm cautiously optimistic about the deal... waiting to see what into it before I go one way or the other...

Sanders isn't to optimistic about it - https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/12/01/bernie-sanders-carrier-just-showed-corporations-how-to-beat-donald-trump/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.1b23a08898ba

inb4 "Sanders is washed up" from the right-wing group here. He has made a lot of valid points and has been right on a lot of things. His voting record has also shown that he has the best interest for the people in mind.
What's better in your mind?

2100 jobs shipped overseas which equals $0.00 of additional tax revenue

Or

1000 jobs stayed, 1100 jobs shipped overseas, which equals to $5,000,000ish of additional tax revenue?

Remember, those are the only 2 choices. If you demand that all jobs stay, then they automatically go overseas and you lose!

I choose neither and re-negotiating our free trade agreements.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-01 11:42:58
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
does math...

If that's the case, I guess one can conclude the terrorists won.

that or, the politicians haven't returned from the cocaine orgy celebration over Bush's victory.

oh!?... so the terrorists are all gone then are they!?

/waits for it

DIDN'T THINK SO!!!

Nope still here:

Why they didn't send seal team 69 to the OK is beyond me.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-01 11:43:47
Link | Citer | R

Oklahoma the musical or the state ?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-01 11:44:31
Link | Citer | R

BOTH!!
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-01 11:46:03
Link | Citer | R

I've never been to Oklahoma but according to my imagination it looks like this:

[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-01 11:49:07
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I've never been to Oklahoma but according to my imagination it looks like this:

Driven through there a few times, you aren't that far off.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-12-01 11:49:23
Link | Citer | R

People like you are the ones I don't get.

Before he ever took office, over the thanksgiving holiday, he did this...

carrier deal

so...he's impressing the ***out of me already.
I read about this yesterday.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the deal... waiting to see what into it before I go one way or the other...
^
This is how I feel.

If it is more of the same in terms of keeping companies in a state/country that has been done before (no or limited state taxes, land grants, employee taxes paid directly back to companies, etc) than it is nothing new and really not helpful. It continues the serious problem in the US of companies holding taxpayers hostage by threatening to leave.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-01 11:51:56
Link | Citer | R

But it gives the disenfranchised fuzzy feels like when Whiskey simultaneously warms you from the cold and destroys your liver.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-01 11:52:45
Link | Citer | R

It's medication time FFXIAH posters medication time !

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2016-12-01 11:56:16
Link | Citer | R

But it gives the disenfranchised fuzzy feels like when Whiskey simultaneously warms you from the cold and destroys your liver.

Don't tempt me *goes on a whiskey binge*
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-12-01 12:04:16
Link | Citer | R

When is Rooks going to implement the VR chatrooms that he promised? P&R would be way better if we had to glance at each other awkwardly while people are arguing.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-01 12:09:37
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Wanna see something even more surprising? Overlay a map of proclaimed "sanctuary cities" over that map savel.

Its like the majority of the people in those cities share the same opinion on illegal immigrants or something.

Are you really using that point to argue about illegals voting? Because that is pretty dumb.
Why is it dumb? Plenty of people have suggested it. I guess should we humor the whole Russian hacking scheme instead?

No one is going to suggest illegals don't vote right?

Both of those conclusions are unintelligent and uninformed. Both parties in this instance have no definitive proof of either action, nor or any legitimate reason to suspect that anything occurred other than the fact that the lost the election or in the republicans case, those cities.

I find it funny how you are quick to parallel your own argument with the Russian hacker argument without realizing how hypocritical it is.

Except there are actual hurdles rob havkig a voting machine via the internet.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-01 12:26:20
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
The real question is how much of the taxpayer's dollars paid for the export of 1,000 jobs or the non export of 1,000 jobs?

And then, how many businesses will scramble for their own slice of the dollar pie?

it was a tax break. so if the company left the tax payers would have gotten zero... the employees still have to pay taxes so.

1,000 people x average tax 15% of average earnings = five million in the plus collumn

as to tyour second question a lot I hope.
She speaks as if we're giving them back someone else's money instead of their own.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-12-01 12:33:36
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Kara said: »
It continues the serious problem in the US of companies holding taxpayers hostage by threatening to leave.

Uh Oh! They're on to us!
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-12-01 12:42:55
Link | Citer | R

Terlet Sangria said: »
the current implementations of it are basically handouts, and that's never going to work long term.

yeah the sticky wicket in forcing corporations to reinvest their windfall in america instead of private islands with hookers and blackjack goes against our core priciples of government intervention...

and who is going to say no to blackjack
 Asura.Saevel
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-01 13:15:18
Link | Citer | R

Zerowone said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Obama is actually as much black as he is white, his mother is Stanley Ann Dunham and is extremely white. The Democrats purposefully kept the focus off his mother and on his father in an attempt to promote his "blackness" for the sake of votes. Whenever someone would point out that Obama is just as white the response was "Shut up you, he's black because that's more useful to us".

Yeah that was totally the Dems putting focus on his Kenyan Muslim father the last 8yrs in order to secure the black vote.

It actually was, which is what makes it so funny. The liberals focused so much on his black father that everyone just assumed his mother was black too. The conservatives saw that his father was not from USA, and since he was "all Black" they just assumed, the the Democrats wanted everyone to, that his mother was also black. The result was that everyone argued over his "birth certificate" being a short form certified copy and not over the fact that since his mother was an American he was a Natural Born Citizen anyway. The Democrats could of easily dismissed that entire nonsense by merely pointing at a picture of his mother at home or university and saying "see natural born citizen regardless of country of birth". But nope can't do that cause then people might think "wait he's not really black enough" and kinda ruin their moment.

Back in 2008 while the conservatives here were trying to argue against his nationality, I made the above argument that he was most certainly a Natural Born Citizen regardless of his father due to who his mother was. The liberals just kinda ignored it entirely and pressed on with the whole "your just racist" counterargument to the conservatives. Was really irrational to watch.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-01 13:17:34
Link | Citer | R

It's illuminating instead to have this conversation about whether someone is black enough.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-01 13:17:42
Link | Citer | R

the current implementations of it are basically handouts, and that's never going to work long term.

yeah the sticky wicket in forcing corporations to reinvest their windfall in america instead of private islands with hookers and blackjack goes against our core priciples of government intervention...

and who is going to say no to blackjack

Lol they aren't Bond villians but companies are extremely careful about domestic reinvestment due to liberal policies. They would like to grow, open a few new offices or attempt to expand but the risk of having to commit to long term payroll liabilities and unions is enough to made them decide to expand outside the USA.

Unions alone area huge reason to avoid expanding into anyplace that doesn't have Right To Work laws.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-01 13:18:16
Link | Citer | R

Don't worry Seha,only the democrats were the ones focused on identity politics.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-01 13:21:39
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
It's illuminating instead to have this conversation about whether someone is black enough.

Liberals are the ones who played identity politics, don't get salty when it bites you in the ***. President is just as much a "White President" as a "Black President", he's of mixed ethnicity (which is a good thing BTW) and instead of using that to project a message of unity, Democrats used that to project a message of "we're so modern and progressive cause we just elected a Black President". The proceeded to keep pushing it for eight years, all the while alienating the rural white middle-class population. Alienating that population so much that they didn't even bother counting or researching them for polls, cause you know, "rural white people don't matter".

And now Trumps elected President lol.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-01 13:31:59
Link | Citer | R

don't get salty when it bites you in the ***
Implying this partakes to me in any way.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-01 13:40:47
Link | Citer | R

the whole idea is that decreasing tax burdens on corporations will increase their ability to invest and increase their business therefore creating more jobs and economic growth

The core problem with trickle-down, though, is that it's all carrot and no stick. Only one or the other doesn't work. All carrot, and there's little incentive to not just pocket the money as executive bonuses. All stick, and companies just leave.

KS and LA have been demolished by this; it can work, but the current implementations of it are basically handouts, and that's never going to work long term.
Like every theory out there, it's plausible if it's executed correctly.

If we can create a system where humans aren't involved, I'm 99% certain that it would work the way it was intended.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-01 13:44:39
Link | Citer | R

the whole idea is that decreasing tax burdens on corporations will increase their ability to invest and increase their business therefore creating more jobs and economic growth

The core problem with trickle-down, though, is that it's all carrot and no stick. Only one or the other doesn't work. All carrot, and there's little incentive to not just pocket the money as executive bonuses. All stick, and companies just leave.

KS and LA have been demolished by this; it can work, but the current implementations of it are basically handouts, and that's never going to work long term.

If we can create a system where humans aren't involved, I'm 99% certain that it would work the way it was intended.

Humans are the reason we even need a solution to begin with.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-01 13:47:06
Link | Citer | R

Humans are the reason we even need a solution to begin with.
Way ahead of you for my solution to the human problem.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-01 13:55:31
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »

Liberals are the ones who played identity politics, don't get salty when it bites you in the ***. President is just as much a "White President" as a "Black President", he's of mixed ethnicity (which is a good thing BTW) and instead of using that to project a message of unity, Democrats used that to project a message of "we're so modern and progressive cause we just elected a Black President". The proceeded to keep pushing it for eight years, all the while alienating the rural white middle-class population. Alienating that population so much that they didn't even bother counting or researching them for polls, cause you know, "rural white people don't matter".

All I can see is someone salty about Obama's presidency trying to link gibberish together to make a point that doesn't exist.
Don't know why Obama's administration is any of your concern.

It's our problem, and now we fixed it by giving us a bigger problem to deal with.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-12-01 13:58:59
Link | Citer | R

All I can see is someone salty about Obama's presidency trying to link gibberish together to make a point that doesn't exist.

it just might be the dumbest thing I have ever read....

and I read the fracking debate where someone suggested falling off a ladder could cause an earthquake.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-01 14:04:26
Link | Citer | R

Don't know why Obama's administration is any of your concern.

It's our problem, and now we fixed it by giving us a bigger problem to deal with.

Wouldn't it be crazy if the president of the United States could effect the world by their decision and actions?
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 46 47 48