Random Arguments & Strawmen #15

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Arguments & Strawmen #15
Random Arguments & Strawmen #15
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 46 47 48
By eliroo 2016-12-01 10:51:11
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »
Well what do you expect, it clearly bothers Trump that he lost the popular vote by the largest margin ever for a person that ended up in the WH, thats why he keeps going on twitter tirades and taking nausi's lies about voter fraud to the global stage...where they are still lies. So naturally, his fiercest supporters are going to carry that fight with them.

To be fair, Democrats won't STFU about it either.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-12-01 10:54:56
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Depends on how you view a half filled/emptied glass.
Oh wow he paid some people to stay in Indiana

do either of you have an example of another politician keeping a campaign promise before he/she ever got into office?

I'd really like to see how it stacks up.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-01 10:57:33
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
eliroo said: »
People like you are the ones I don't get.
Before he ever took office, over the thanksgiving holiday, he did this...

carrier deal

so...he's impressing the ***out of me already.

That was Mike Pence governor of Indiana that made it happen but he and Trump still couldn't keep 1000 jobs from leaving the state.
The real question is how much of the taxpayer's dollars paid for the export of 1,000 jobs or the non export of 1,000 jobs?

And then, how many businesses will scramble for their own slice of the dollar pie?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-12-01 10:58:26
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Wanna see something even more surprising? Overlay a map of proclaimed "sanctuary cities" over that map savel.

Its like the majority of the people in those cities share the same opinion on illegal immigrants or something.

Are you really using that point to argue about illegals voting? Because that is pretty dumb.
Why is it dumb? Plenty of people have suggested it. I guess should we humor the whole Russian hacking scheme instead?

No one is going to suggest illegals don't vote right?
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-12-01 11:00:48
Link | Citer | R

Another job that Americans won't do being filled by immigrants?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-12-01 11:02:02
Link | Citer | R

When not even actual citizen bother to go to vote, it feels at very least unlikely that illegal immigrants do.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-01 11:04:16
Link | Citer | R

do either of you have an example of another politician keeping a campaign promise before he/she ever got into office?

Your qualifier of before being in office has a problem since this occurred in Indiana where Pence is governor and was involved in said negotiations.
By Zerowone 2016-12-01 11:05:44
Link | Citer | R

Wanna see something even more surprising? Overlay a map of proclaimed "sanctuary cities" over that map savel.

Its like the majority of the people in those cities share the same opinion on illegal immigrants or something.

Are you really using that point to argue about illegals voting? Because that is pretty dumb.
Why is it dumb? Plenty of people have suggested it. I guess should we humor the whole Russian hacking scheme instead?

If you honestly feel that way then you validated the need for a recount.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-12-01 11:06:07
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
The real question is how much of the taxpayer's dollars paid for the export of 1,000 jobs or the non export of 1,000 jobs?

And then, how many businesses will scramble for their own slice of the dollar pie?

it was a tax break. so if the company left the tax payers would have gotten zero... the employees still have to pay taxes so.

1,000 people x average tax 15% of average earnings = five million in the plus collumn

as to tyour second question a lot I hope.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-01 11:07:12
Link | Citer | R

The tax breaks apparently offered them more money than what they would save on shipping the jobs oversea. It seems like a band-aid to keep jobs in America but take money out of the tax payers pockets. Imagine if other companies want to make deals like these.

Jobs will stay in America sure, but Companies will just be robbing us of more and more of our tax dollars.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-12-01 11:09:11
Link | Citer | R

Your qualifier of before being in office has a problem since this occurred in Indiana where Pence is governor and was involved in said negotiations.

I'll take than as a NO then and do the IN YOUR FACE!! touchdown dance!

YouTube Video Placeholder

@1:58
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-01 11:10:41
Link | Citer | R

Both of those conclusions are unintelligent and uninformed. Both parties in this instance have no definitive proof of either action, nor or any legitimate reason to suspect that anything occurred other than the fact that the lost the election or in the republicans case, those cities.

I find it funny how you are quick to parallel your own argument with the Russian hacker argument without realizing how hypocritical it is.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-12-01 11:11:33
Link | Citer | R

I'm cautiously optimistic about the deal... waiting to see what into it before I go one way or the other...
[+]
By eliroo 2016-12-01 11:13:11
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »

I'm cautiously optimistic about the deal... waiting to see what into it before I go one way or the other...

Sanders isn't to optimistic about it - https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/12/01/bernie-sanders-carrier-just-showed-corporations-how-to-beat-donald-trump/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.1b23a08898ba

inb4 "Sanders is washed up" from the right-wing group here. He has made a lot of valid points and has been right on a lot of things. His voting record has also shown that he has the best interest for the people in mind.
By Viciouss 2016-12-01 11:13:14
Link | Citer | R

Both of those conclusions are unintelligent and uninformed. Both parties in this instance have no definitive proof of either action, nor or any legitimate reason to suspect that anything occurred other than the fact that the lost the election or in the republicans case, those cities.

I find it funny how you are quick to parallel your own argument with the Russian hacker argument without realizing how hypocritical it is.

The key difference is several prominent Senators from both sides of the aisle are calling for/announcing investigations into the scope of Russian interference. But when it comes to the voter fraud myth, its just Trump and his clueless supporters.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-01 11:14:13
Link | Citer | R

I'll take than as a NO then and do the IN YOUR FACE!! touchdown dance!

@1:58

I'll take that as you don't care that Pence is Trumps VP and is the governor of the state and can deliver state tax breaks that Trump currently does not have the power to do.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-12-01 11:16:36
Link | Citer | R

Jobs will stay in America sure, but Companies will just be robbing us of more and more of our tax dollars.

yes....which is a hell of a lot better than no jobs and no taxes and paying for all the unemployed people.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-01 11:16:54
Link | Citer | R

Sanders isn't to optimistic about it - https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/12/01/bernie-sanders-carrier-just-showed-corporations-how-to-beat-donald-trump/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.1b23a08898ba

inb4 "Sanders is washed up" from the right-wing group here. He has made a lot of valid points and has been right on a lot of things. His voting record has also shown that he has the best interest for the people in mind.
What's better in your mind?

2100 jobs shipped overseas which equals $0.00 of additional tax revenue

Or

1000 jobs stayed, 1100 jobs shipped overseas, which equals to $5,000,000ish of additional tax revenue?

Remember, those are the only 2 choices. If you demand that all jobs stay, then they automatically go overseas and you lose!
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-12-01 11:18:15
Link | Citer | R

I'll take that as you don't care that Pence is Trumps VP and is the governor of the state and can deliver state tax breaks that Trump currently does not have the power to do.

I don't care.

Have you ever seen a politician work!?

because I haven't for sixteen *** years
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Cruz Missive 2016-12-01 11:19:02
Link | Citer | R

C'mon now, we all know you're older than that
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-12-01 11:19:22
Link | Citer | R

I was unaware that he only saved A bit less than 1000 of the current 2100 jobs of which the others will still be outsourced...
By fonewear 2016-12-01 11:19:25
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Another job that Americans won't do being filled by immigrants?

FFXIAH mod ?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-12-01 11:20:37
Link | Citer | R

yes....which is a hell of a lot better than no jobs and no taxes and paying for all the unemployed people.
So basically give companies whatever they want as long as they keep some people employed?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-12-01 11:21:49
Link | Citer | R

So basically give companies whatever they want as long as they keep some people employed?
Better than regulating them all into extinction.

How much tax revenue does a homeless person pay again?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-12-01 11:22:59
Link | Citer | R

yes! especially the ones I am invested in!

Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-01 11:25:05
Link | Citer | R

I don't care.

Have you ever seen a politician work!?

does math...

If that's the case, I guess one can conclude the terrorists won.

that or, the politicians haven't returned from the cocaine orgy celebration over Bush's victory.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2016-12-01 11:27:59
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Better than regulating them all into extinction.

How much tax revenue does a homeless person pay again?
Giving more tax breaks and continuing to decrease tax revenue via lower rates of employment doesn't really do much to benefit us either... the whole idea is that decreasing tax burdens on corporations will increase their ability to invest and increase their business therefore creating more jobs and economic growth...

There is a give and take there... what you're suggesting is just to give them whatever they want and settle for less than we already get lol... where is the benefit to Americans? More corporate welfare and no economic growth?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-12-01 11:28:45
Link | Citer | R

does math...

that or, the politicians haven't returned from the cocaine orgy celebration over Bush's victory.

oh!?... so the terrorists are all gone then are they!?

/waits for it

DIDN'T THINK SO!!!
[+]
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Terlet Sangria 2016-12-01 11:33:03
Link | Citer | R

the whole idea is that decreasing tax burdens on corporations will increase their ability to invest and increase their business therefore creating more jobs and economic growth

The core problem with trickle-down, though, is that it's all carrot and no stick. Only one or the other doesn't work. All carrot, and there's little incentive to not just pocket the money as executive bonuses. All stick, and companies just leave.

KS and LA have been demolished by this; it can work, but the current implementations of it are basically handouts, and that's never going to work long term.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-12-01 11:34:21
Link | Citer | R

does math...

oh!?... so the terrorists are all gone then are they!?

/waits for it

DIDN'T THINK SO!!!

/Consults Rabbi Strawman.

He said your blood sugar is low, eat a bagel and lox.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 46 47 48