Random Arguments & Strawmen #15

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Arguments & Strawmen #15
Random Arguments & Strawmen #15
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 46 47 48
By Ramyrez 2016-11-30 10:28:59
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
Ramyrez said: »
And yet another follow-up question, what is my exact mental disorder that I care about discussing any of this on a Final Fantasy XI message board!?

Paranoid schizophrenic with a touch of bi polar !

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Ramyrez 2016-11-30 10:29:19
Link | Citer | R

Plato's Heebee-Jeebies!
By fonewear 2016-11-30 10:29:45
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
If we don't destroy the liberals they will multiple rapidly and try to take over the world !

BUT THEY'RE THE ONES HAVING ABORTIONS.

BUT WHO'S DOIN THE RAPING!

I'll show you:

[+]
By fonewear 2016-11-30 10:31:07
Link | Citer | R

Little sidebar: 90% of FFXV is driving in a car to somewhere !
[+]
By Zerowone 2016-11-30 10:31:19
Link | Citer | R

Let's get you some Lithium

[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-30 10:34:18
Link | Citer | R

Zerowone said: »
Let's get you some Lithium

By fonewear 2016-11-30 10:34:57
Link | Citer | R

Lithium is good but we should bring back lobotomies !

By Viciouss 2016-11-30 10:36:52
Link | Citer | R

Little sidebar: 90% of FFXV is driving in a car to somewhere !

I ride a chocobo for the most part.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-30 10:41:41
Link | Citer | R

Lithium is good but we should bring back lobotomies !

[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-11-30 10:42:51
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-30 10:54:28
Link | Citer | R

Move to Ashland OR.

They not only have this NEAT Shakespeare festival, they have natural lithia water.

Lithium chemtrails too....

(We really need a Lordgrim signal. We can repurpose the batsignal, I mean its got a bat on it, right?)
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-11-30 11:10:50
Link | Citer | R

Chanti, you shouldn't do that.

I mean, trolling a person who's essentially banned is never look up upon here.

Edit: Stupid spellchecker.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-11-30 11:30:37
Link | Citer | R

True King but these last few days I keep running into things that are so right on his radar screen.

Sometimes I miss him.

And meanwhile in the cruel and unusual punishment department....

drunk drivers in Canada being forced to listen to Nickelback as punishment
Quartz (but this is ALL OVER the web)

Quote:
In an instance of the punishment possibly being harsher than the crime, a Canadian police department is subjecting drunk drivers this holiday season to music from possibly the world’s most hated band.

Kensington Police Service, which operates in the province of Prince Edward Island in Canada, announced on Facebook this week that “those dumb enough to feel they can drink and drive” in the remainder of the year will be slapped with not only a hefty fine, a year’s driving suspension, and a criminal charge—but also “a bonus gift of playing the office’s copy of Nickelback in the cruiser on the way to jail.”

“I’m sure there’s some kind of law prohibiting this sort of police brutality,” one person commented on the police department’s post. Said another: “Don’t you think the type of people that has made such a horrible decision to drink and drive […] probably are Nickelback fans anyways?”

Why Nickelback draws so much intense dislike remains the subject of much contention amongst scholars and internet dwellers; but the fact is that, thanks to years of online memes, the band’s name has become synonymous with a certain universal awfulness. (Several researchers have attempted to explore the roots of people’s revulsion. Some say our hatred of Nickelback is, in fact, a deep-down hatred of ourselves.)

If nothing else, the Kensington police’s warning might be memorable enough to stick in people’s minds—which, given that alcohol-related road incidents tend to soar during the holiday season, is likely the point.
Personally I'm more worried on the effects on the cops. I mean the drunk drivers have some insulation from the alcohol.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-11-30 11:38:36
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
If we don't destroy the liberals they will multiple rapidly and try to take over the world !

BUT THEY'RE THE ONES HAVING ABORTIONS.

BUT WHO'S DOIN THE RAPING!

BED INTRUDER!!!

[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-11-30 11:50:41
Link | Citer | R

Looks like Pelosi kept her position. The doubling down on stupid continues.
[+]
By Zerowone 2016-11-30 11:52:36
Link | Citer | R

What happened to the campaign promises of draining DC of the Swamp Donkeys?
By eliroo 2016-11-30 11:59:04
Link | Citer | R

Drain the Swamp and turn it into a gold plated bath resort that only the 1% can access. That is what he meant.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By eliroo 2016-11-30 12:06:06
Link | Citer | R

I do hope that he follows through with the Term limits and anti-lobbying ideas that he proposed. That would be the one good thing to come from his presidency; it would allow for more progressive thinkers to get into congress.
By Viciouss 2016-11-30 12:09:22
Link | Citer | R

eliroo said: »
I do hope that he follows through with the Term limits and anti-lobbying ideas that he proposed. That would be the one good thing to come from his presidency; it would allow for more progressive thinkers to get into congress.

Thats up to Congress. The issue has never gotten off the ground, neither party has ever gotten behind it. He can do a few things about lobbyists on his own but term limits is completely out of his hands.
By Ramyrez 2016-11-30 12:09:47
Link | Citer | R

Part of me worries that term limits will give lobbyists more power because then there's no one with long-standing clout to counter them.

Then again, it also doesn't give people as much of a chance to develop long-term relationships with their bribers donors.
By eliroo 2016-11-30 12:19:06
Link | Citer | R

Viciouss said: »

Thats up to Congress. The issue has never gotten off the ground, neither party has ever gotten behind it. He can do a few things about lobbyists on his own but term limits is completely out of his hands.

You are correct but congress is in a unique situation where they have to support their president and will just look bad if they don't. The democrats can use this to their advantage to leverage some of Trumps more "democratic" views in their favor. There is hope. Sanders is already trying to press Trumps ideas with his bill that is aimed at companies shipping their jobs overseas.
By Viciouss 2016-11-30 12:23:00
Link | Citer | R

You are correct but congress is in a unique situation where they have to support their president and will just look bad if they don't. The democrats can use this to their advantage to leverage some of Trumps more "democratic" views in their favor. There is hope. Sanders is already trying to press Trumps ideas with his bill that is aimed at companies shipping their jobs overseas.

Looking bad is what Congress does, they have had a ~15% job approval rating the last 8 years.
[+]
By eliroo 2016-11-30 12:23:41
Link | Citer | R

Looking bad is what Congress does, they have had a ~15% job approval rating the last 8 years.

You, unfortunately, make a very good point.
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-11-30 12:30:20
Link | Citer | R

Yatenkou said: »

Regardless though, conservatives have helped the country just as much as the Democrats if you take into consideration the democrats back then are more likely republican today in terms of values, and vice versa
If you were referring to what Shiro I wrote:
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Yatenkou said: »
I guess it stems from the fact that I don't think it's ok that people are just fleeing from their problems and demanding more and more and more from the countries they flee to. I suppose I'm just thinking "Why not fix your own damn country if so many of you are migrating? You certainly have the numbers.

Maybe you should open history books and learn about who built the country you love so much.

But ignoring the irony of your opinion, if I had the choice between leaving a shitty country for a better one or dying trying to fix it. I think the choice is easy, maybe you don't value your life.

I'm pretty sure he is talking about the different waves of immigrants that have settled and worked in the US throughout our history. Immigrating because of war, famine, cheap land, indentured servants, slavery, religious freedom, etc.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-11-30 12:32:39
Link | Citer | R

Hey TTP is dead. That is a win
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2016-11-30 12:33:07
Link | Citer | R

*TPP
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-11-30 12:34:48
Link | Citer | R

Transgender Parental Parenthood.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2016-11-30 12:36:04
Link | Citer | R

Non funny jokes aside, most people in Europe(as in not politicians)were badly against the tpp. It would have been a one-sided benefit for America while european countries bent over begging senpai to go harder.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 46 47 48