Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 141 142 143
 Bahamut.Eternallight
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-20 13:06:22
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, from what I hear, the white damage output of crocea can make you top in parse dps in a lot of content unless people have some astronomical gear.
 Asura.Sirris
Serveur: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-09-20 13:07:37
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
So given todays gear options.....

Would someone be better off investing in murg or croc if they had to pick only one?

My guess would be Croc (with temper2 ftw) over murg?

Crocea Mors for sure.

Less work to build and cap augment.
"Unique" dps niche of enspell/melee elemental WS.
Not quite as much macc but still a lot, so you can offhand Tauret and do lots of mage-y stuff while you melee.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-09-20 13:15:34
Link | Citer | R

Crocea never puts me into a "man i wish I had [insert other weapon] instead" situation, it's a very good one stop shop weapon all-rounder for anything you rdm at. It's not the top in everything all at once, but it rarely leaves you wanting.

If you have a Crocea and a Tauret, add a Maxentius and a Naegling, and you're quite set tbh. Add the new Daybreak in and you'll find yourself not really pressured to build REMAs. I find that on RDM REMAs are more a "because you want to" rather than a "because you have to".
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2019-09-20 13:20:39
Link | Citer | R

Definitely true. Wish Crocea came out before I made my Murgleis so I could’ve saved myself some effort. But Murgleis sure is fun to play with when applicable
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-20 13:29:50
Link | Citer | R

I just got Daybreak last night.

Dispelga is amazing.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-20 13:41:18
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Eternallight said: »
I just got Daybreak last night.

Dispelga is amazing.

What content is this applicable for? I haven't figured it out yet.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-20 13:42:37
Link | Citer | R

This months Ambu for sure, Dynamis D, anything basically where there are a lot of enemies.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2019-09-20 13:46:28
Link | Citer | R

Warcry effects on a group in dynamis is the only thing that comes to mind. Usually at least for me it’s all slept anyway and it’s not a big damn deal. Some ambuscades I can see for sure.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-20 14:00:21
Link | Citer | R

A lot of HTBFs that involve more than one enemy too, since they tend to self-buff.

Also, the club has some magic evasion on it <~< so thats just a nice "oh by the way" part. lol
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2019-09-20 14:02:32
Link | Citer | R

Is is additional effect? Or does it jsut make your standard dispel into a dispelga?
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-20 14:05:46
Link | Citer | R

Gives you a brand new spell.
Dispelga, 200 mp cost, same cast speed/recast time as dispel.

I think its about a 20' AoE.
[+]
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-20 14:06:33
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Nuance said: »
Warcry effects on a group in dynamis is the only thing that comes to mind. Usually at least for me it’s all slept anyway and it’s not a big damn deal. Some ambuscades I can see for sure.

It also covers a lot of random independant buffs based on enemies you pull. Getting rid of warcry, the pld protect, the ninja utsu, the whm shell, etc all at once can be rather useful.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Takomunch
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: lyrminas
By Ragnarok.Takomunch 2019-09-20 14:26:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Nuance said: »

It also covers a lot of random independant buffs based on enemies you pull. Getting rid of warcry, the pld protect, the ninja utsu, the whm shell, etc all at once can be rather useful.

iirc it stacks with Torque for removing 2 at a time too :)
[+]
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-20 14:47:22
Link | Citer | R

It does!

Now if only i could get some other +dispel item for a 3x dispelga.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-09-20 14:48:31
Link | Citer | R

does utsu even count as one of the buffs removed?
or is it like when we're hit with dispelga: utsu disappears from buff list and chat says we lost something else.
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-20 14:54:34
Link | Citer | R

As far as i noticed, the dispelga seems to wipe the shadows and then dispel 1/2 buffs under it. (At least in this months Ambu)
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-09-20 18:39:34
Link | Citer | R

On WSs like Sanguine Blade, how does INT compare to WSDMG? Is there a rough comparison?
 Bahamut.Eternallight
By Bahamut.Eternallight 2019-09-20 18:43:21
Link | Citer | R

You want a ton of everything, basically.

Int acts as a dStat so if your int is too low it does basically no damage. The higher your int goes above the enemy int, the higher your damage goes.

WSD goes stacked ontop of that.

So if you can get WSD in a slot, use that, if you can not, get int/MAB.

If a slot can give you dark afinity, thats just as good as WSD.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-09-20 20:39:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
On WSs like Sanguine Blade, how does INT compare to WSDMG? Is there a rough comparison?

Keep in mind that with Crocea's +100% Magic WSD, MND pulls ahead of INT on Sanguine Blade.
[+]
By Aerix 2019-09-20 23:49:50
Link | Citer | R

As a rule of thumb it's Affinity > MAB == WSD > Attributes for magic WSs depending on their respective amounts, of course, i.e. 4% WSD won't beat 30+ MAB. There are some exceptions such as when you stack too much MAB or WSD you get diminishing returns.
 Asura.Weinberg
user: Weinberg
By Asura.Weinberg 2019-09-21 02:48:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Elizabet said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »

Keep in mind that with Crocea's +100% Magic WSD, MND pulls ahead of INT on Sanguine Blade.
Int acts as a dStat so if your int is too low it does basically no damage. The higher your int goes above the enemy int, the higher your damage goes.

WSD goes stacked ontop of that.

So if you can get WSD in a slot, use that, if you can not, get int/MAB.

If a slot can give you dark afinity, thats just as good as WSD.

So I'm trying to understand how the formula scales for a magic WS like Sanguine Blade. BG-wiki has this formula:
Code
Base Magical WS Damage = ((152 + floor((WeaponLevel-99)*2.45) + WSC) * fTP + dSTAT + Magic Damage (Statistic)
Damage = Base Magical WS Damage × Magic damage multipliers ((I assume WSD is applied multiplicatively with this term))

fTP is just a static 2.75 for Sanguine, WSC is 50% MND/ 30% STR, dSTAT is (Your INT - Target INT)*2 and I assume the magic damage term is just +magic dmg gear/stats so at least for the marginal effects attributes have on BASE Sanguine Blade damage (before multipliers):
1 pt of MND = 1.375 base dmg
1 pt of STR = 0.825
1 pt of INT = 2

Then considering the multipliers (MAB, affinity, weather, etc): at least one of the magic multipliers depends on INT in some way, however I don't really know how to estimate its effect for Sanguine Blade.

Therefore doesn't Sanguine Blade marginally scale better with INT than MND?
By Chimerawizard 2019-09-21 02:55:23
Link | Citer | R

is there a cap on the dINT having an M=2?
also, how about negative dINT, is that still M=2, because when I last looked at the INT of a few higher level NMs they had INT's of 370~400?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-21 06:29:39
Link | Citer | R

Anybody mind sharing their Sanguine Blade and Seraph Blade sets?
 Asura.Outlawbruce
user: Cronnus
By Asura.Outlawbruce 2019-09-21 07:37:43
Link | Citer | R

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/368669
ItemSet 368669

Daybreak is off hand, Malignance earring.
Now I'm sure regal earring + Malignance earring are best in slot. I still don't have regal earring personally yet. Freke might beat Epaminondas's ring in this case as well.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/368670
ItemSet 368670

Daybreak is off hand, I'm sure Epaminondas's ring probably beats Freke ring. I've been waiting to see what people come out with.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-09-21 10:30:24
Link | Citer | R

Being that they're completely magic-based, Physical accuracy should completely irrelevant and they cannot miss, correct? They can only be "resisted", chance of which you can reduce by raising your macc I assume.

Henceforth, Mab should be the main stat to be looking at (leaving macc aside) and the main Mods act as a very marginal damage increase.

Did I say anything wrong?

I'm more curious on what is the turnout WSD vs MAB, how much mab/stats would you need to overcome 1% WSD?

Also, what about Elemental Gorget/Belt? Inferior to Opheus not questioning that, but not everybody owns an Opheus Belt.
Do they provide irrelevant bonuses for WSs like Sanguine Blade and Seraph Blade?
By Aerix 2019-09-21 11:06:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Being that they're completely magic-based, Physical accuracy should completely irrelevant and they cannot miss, correct? They can only be "resisted", chance of which you can reduce by raising your macc I assume.

Henceforth, Mab should be the main stat to be looking at (leaving macc aside) and the main Mods act as a very marginal damage increase.

1. Did I say anything wrong?

2. I'm more curious on what is the turnout WSD vs MAB, how much mab/stats would you need to overcome 1% WSD?

3. Also, what about Elemental Gorget/Belt? Inferior to Opheus not questioning that, but not everybody owns an Opheus Belt.
Do they provide irrelevant bonuses for WSs like Sanguine Blade and Seraph Blade?

1. Yeah, go for Affinity, MAB and WSD as I mentioned above. Most MAB pieces have MACC anyway, so it shouldn't be a huge concern.

2. if I recall correctly 1% WSD was about equal to 4-5 MAB or so, but I might be misremembering (will need to retest at some point). It also depends on your total MAB and WSD values due to the aforementioned diminishing returns.

3. Don't bother with Fotia except as a holdover for Seraph Blade only; try to get a Sacro Cord if you don't have Orpheus.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-09-21 11:15:28
Link | Citer | R

Fotia doesn't work at all in the case of Sanguine Blade.
By Aerix 2019-09-21 11:16:34
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
Fotia doesn't work at all in the case of Sanguine Blade.

True, I forgot about that. For the people who don't know why: Sanguine has no Skillchain properties and therefore cannot be boosted by Fotia as it needs an element to "match" just like the individual Gorgets/Belts did.
By Torzak 2019-09-21 11:56:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Weinberg said: »

Sanguine does scale with INT better than MND, until you use Crocea Mors, then MND is better than INT.

It's as if dINT exists outside of Crocea Mors' elemental WS boost. So the MND is getting Croc's boost and the INT is not.
 Asura.Weinberg
user: Weinberg
By Asura.Weinberg 2019-09-21 11:57:17
Link | Citer | R

It is pretty easy to calculate the relative worth of stats like WSD and MAB here, since they are applied purely multiplicatively.

1 MAB is worth (100 + Current WSD)/(100 + Current MAB) WSD.

So if you have 200 MAB and 50 WSD from gear/traits, 1 MAB is worth 0.5 WSD (adding 1 pt of MAB increases your damage the same amount as adding 0.5 pts of WSD, i.e. MAB is only worth half as much with these stats)

Torzak said: »
Asura.Weinberg said: »

Sanguine does scale with INT better than MND, until you use Crocea Mors, then MND is better than INT.

It's as if dINT exists outside of Crocea Mors' elemental WS boost. So the MND is getting Croc's boost and the INT is not.

Ah ok so are you saying the Croc ele ws boost applies just to
Code
(152 + floor((WeaponLevel-99)*2.45) + WSC) * fTP
and is NOT applied in the way the other multipliers are?
That is to:
Code
((152 + floor((WeaponLevel-99)*2.45) + WSC) * fTP + dSTAT + Magic Damage
First Page 2 3 ... 76 77 78 ... 141 142 143