First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 141 142 143
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-01-17 13:59:13
Link | Citer | R

I have DD sets for BRD, GEO and RDM.
My impression is that RDM is the job that can prove to be the best melee DD out of these three mage jobs.
Not only it has access to interesting WSs (CDC, Savage Blade) and gear, but also unique and powerful buffs (Gain-STR or DEX, Temper providing up to 30% TA).

You need buffs of course, but when you're capped I wouldn't be surprised to see a RDM outdamaging other "main" DDs like MNK and such.
Not saying it's gonna happen, I never tested it thoroughfully after all, just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-17 14:08:58
Link | Citer | R

A good player on rdm is going to be a better DD than a lazy/average player on even his best DD.

That good player would've been better on a better DD.

The tier of job is not equal amongst all players.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-01-17 14:13:35
Link | Citer | R

Further, if you do get to go to events and you do not DD with it (when it's safe to do so) you should consider doing it (if inventory space provides).

The added benefit covers the extra tp you feed (situationally)

Granted, sometimes a shout group will ask you not to melee... it's unfortunate.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2018-01-17 14:16:37
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Shiva.Spynx said: »
I loved RDM in the 75 era where it was absolutely a beast but at this stage it's a very niche job. The only distinctive feature it still has are very powerful enfeebles (slow/para2, dia3, frazzle/distract3) that are hardly required for anything and often dispelled too easily by mobs. It's been nice for a couple of ambuscade thanks to the long-lasting dark-based sleep(qiqirn month) and potent slow 2 (Qutrub month) but if you are planning to use it to get invites to endgame content I would advise to work on something else. If you actually enjoy the job a lot and plan to mostly solo/lowman, go for it, it's actually a fun job to play that takes a lot more than just key-mashing

As for many in this forum, RDM was my startup job over a decade ago when I began this mess. So I have a certain affinity to it that I'll never have for other jobs. But Spynx's post hits it on the head.

For a long time, I enjoyed being in a shell with another well geared, well versed RDM, so we always had one of us on pretty much all content. Its a great luxury to be able to throw a saboteur'ed Distract3 on WoC, silence maju without headache, have Flurry II for your Rangers on a Schah, or land a sabo-Frazzle3 on Zerde. RDM used to be a requirement (back in the 75 cap) for anything endgame. Nowadays, its a luxury- never necessary, but life sure is good with it.

As someone who typically plays white mage, I didn't appreciate how much a red mage brought to the table until I went from always having a good one to not having one at all. Having the potent enfeebles, Haste2 when needed, spot cures or status recoveries, it's a great addition to a group. GEO can cover some stuff but mostly I find myself on WHM doing everything while the GEO casts bubbles and afk's... RDM is definitely a luxury but it's a great one to have.

I revived my own RDM (was my main at 75) because after seeing what the job brings to the table I wanted it as an option myself.
 Cerberus.Goldenfoon
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Goldenfoon 2018-01-17 22:39:42
Link | Citer | R

So in my attempt to get refresh on some merlinic gear I ended up getting: Attack +2 Mag. Acc+3 MAB+30 Weaponskill damage +8% on Merlinic Crackows. Not the best augments and the melee stats aren't really on this item, but is this piece anything to consider for Rdm?

Thanks.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-01-17 22:40:32
Link | Citer | R

sanguine blade
[+]
By Afania 2018-01-18 02:44:23
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
My impression is that RDM is the job that can prove to be the best melee DD out of these three mage jobs.
Not only it has access to interesting WSs (CDC, Savage Blade) and gear, but also unique and powerful buffs (Gain-STR or DEX, Temper providing up to 30% TA).

You need buffs of course, but when you're capped I wouldn't be surprised to see a RDM outdamaging other "main" DDs like MNK and such.
Not saying it's gonna happen, I never tested it thoroughfully after all, just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

IMO the best use of DD RDM is multi step SC just because of how multi step works. We did ambuscade vol1 August (Sahagins) with COR+RDM using allies+inundation and multi step, it kills just as fast as 2 real DD multi step, if not faster.

Having RDM spam WS as fast as possible really isn't the best way to DD on it, IMO. Many other DD jobs are better at spamming WS as soon as 1000 TP but a DD RDM play like that probably would lose parse unless he has some godly DM augment for TP/WS. RDM has access to all 4 lv2 SC WS, and able to swap to different weapons for inundation bonus, which makes it a great SC linker.
[+]
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2018-01-18 02:57:17
Link | Citer | R

Main DD's like mnk? It's not nice to poke fun at mnk but really?
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-01-18 03:17:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Verbannt said: »

Main DD's like mnk? It's not nice to poke fun at mnk but really?

It's true RDM struggles to keep up with RUN DRK and war, but it absolutely flattens BRD and GEO, it's not even close. Though to be fair, BRD comes closer than GEO.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-18 07:51:39
Link | Citer | R

RDM's DD potential is about where it should be considering all the other stuff it has. It's not really something you'd use in a big super boss fight but more then adequate for smaller stuff with trusts or random friends. The new relic gloves are absolutely monstrous even at the +2 stage.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2018-01-18 10:42:07
Link | Citer | R

After many a parse in Omen, it's definitely ~= MNK. That's not saying a lot, though. My BLU is unfortunately comically stronger than my RDM. Temper II helps bridge the gear gap considerably making TP gain between the two pretty similar, but the difference in WS damage is enormous.
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-01-18 17:28:02
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
After many a parse in Omen, it's definitely ~= MNK. That's not saying a lot, though. My BLU is unfortunately comically stronger than my RDM. Temper II helps bridge the gear gap considerably making TP gain between the two pretty similar, but the difference in WS damage is enormous.

When I get home I'll record some vods for RDM DPS and post them here, and I'll give a brief overview of how I'm going about it. I'm by no means the best there is, but I think I can conclusively prove RDM is stronger than MNK is.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-01-18 19:03:42
Link | Citer | R

That would be more related to how pitiful H2H WS is because MNK is the highest "melee" DPS job in the game. RDM has Savage Blade, CDC and Vorpal Blade, all three of which are better then anything MNK has. Any discrepancies would come down to attack buffs due to MNK having Smite, Berserk from /WAR and a higher attack cap.
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-01-18 21:36:28
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Saevel said: »
That would be more related to how pitiful H2H WS is because MNK is the highest "melee" DPS job in the game. RDM has Savage Blade, CDC and Vorpal Blade, all three of which are better then anything MNK has. Any discrepancies would come down to attack buffs due to MNK having Smite, Berserk from /WAR and a higher attack cap.

Yeah, not only do pretty much all of them have horrible fTP modifiers, but if MNK has master they have Martial Arts to worry about.

SE just *** up with Monk, no two ways about it.
 Asura.Nimhir
user: Nimhir
By Asura.Nimhir 2018-01-19 00:07:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Byrne said: »
Leviathan.Kaparu said: »

When I get home I'll record some vods for RDM DPS and post them here, and I'll give a brief overview of how I'm going about it. I'm by no means the best there is, but I think I can conclusively prove RDM is stronger than MNK is.

I'd be interested in seeing those VoDs. Trying to decide whether to play my RDM for funsies.
 Shiva.Fendarin
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Fendarin 2018-01-22 04:22:39
Link | Citer | R

Hi this is my set for savage blade Was wondering if chironic body/legs with wsd aug will win what I’m using atm, I know I need moonshade earring (really close now) more than anything, any suggestions will be great ty

sets.precast.WS['Savage Blade'] = {
main="Sequence",
sub="Ternion Dagger +1",
ammo="Regal Gem",
head={ name="Chironic Hat", augments={'STR+10','DEX+2','Weapon skill damage +9%','Accuracy+15 Attack+15','Mag. Acc.+16 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+16',}},
body="Jhakri Robe +2",
hands="Atrophy Gloves +3",
legs="Jhakri Slops +2",
feet={ name="Chironic Slippers", augments={'"Store TP"+2','Accuracy+21','Weapon skill damage +7%',}},
neck="Caro Necklace",
waist="Prosilio Belt +1",
left_ear="Regal Earring",
right_ear="Ishvara Earring",
left_ring="Rufescent Ring",
right_ring="Karieyh Ring",
back={ name="Sucellos's Cape", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
}
Is there any better swaps for regal gem/earring and karieyh ring that I’m overlooking like jhakri ring ty guys
By tyalangan 2018-01-22 10:37:02
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Fendarin said: »
Hi this is my set for savage blade Was wondering if chironic body/legs with wsd aug will win what I’m using atm, I know I need moonshade earring (really close now) more than anything, any suggestions will be great ty

sets.precast.WS['Savage Blade'] = {
main="Sequence",
sub="Ternion Dagger +1",
ammo="Regal Gem",
head={ name="Chironic Hat", augments={'STR+10','DEX+2','Weapon skill damage +9%','Accuracy+15 Attack+15','Mag. Acc.+16 "Mag.Atk.Bns."+16',}},
body="Jhakri Robe +2",
hands="Atrophy Gloves +3",
legs="Jhakri Slops +2",
feet={ name="Chironic Slippers", augments={'"Store TP"+2','Accuracy+21','Weapon skill damage +7%',}},
neck="Caro Necklace",
waist="Prosilio Belt +1",
left_ear="Regal Earring",
right_ear="Ishvara Earring",
left_ring="Rufescent Ring",
right_ring="Karieyh Ring",
back={ name="Sucellos's Cape", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
}
Is there any better swaps for regal gem/earring and karieyh ring that I’m overlooking like jhakri ring ty guys

Running through my spreadsheet I found a few things for you. Everything below is uncapped attack:

1. You would need STR20,ATK20,WSD10 Chironic Hose to beat Jhari Slops +2.

2. If you had Head/Body/Legs/Feet all STR20,ATK20,WSD10 Jhakri Slops +2 would actually beat Chironic Hose.

3. Full Jhakri vs Chironic WSD augment. Minimum augments to beat Jhakri in each comparable equipment slot:

• Head: S5,AC10,ATK10,WSD8

• Head: S10,AC20,ATK20,WSD3

• Body: S5,AC10,ATK10,WSD10

• Body: S10,AC20,ATK20,WSD7

• Legs: S10,AC20,ATK20,WSD10

• Feet: S5,AC10,ATK10,WSD6

• Feet: S10,AC20,ATK20,WSD3

4. The more Chironic WSD gear you add the smaller the increase to WSD total.

5. For your specific gear you would need Chironic Doublet: STR20,ATK20,WSD9 to beat Jhakri Robe +2.

6. Try a Floestone over the Regal Gem.
By Boshi 2018-01-22 11:17:03
Link | Citer | R

Floestone will win almost always.

Tyala has a good grasp of things:
the str/wsd ratio is a slider and will vary. Your head is baller. The feet are right at that borderline where they might win with capped attack but is it worth worrying about?

(also technically low attack jhakri+2 hands beat af+3, could argue for shukyu ring for att, ect but all that minor att ratio flips)

Moonshade will be most important thing of all.

---
As for legs, this is the one slot even on BLU main you pretty much need a near perfect non-dm aug to compete with jhakri at leg option. (ex: str14 mnd11 acc45 att30 stp5 over base HERC)
 Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2018-01-22 16:38:01
Link | Citer | R

ok i think il switch the ammo/hands for now and test it out on the battlefield and keep working on moonshade when i have the time(need to make more time) might reDM the boots and try for better aug. thanks alot for and taking the time to do that tyal, thank boshi for your suggestions great help. im going to google the spreadsheet now and have a play with it, i really have no idea how to use one yet so will be fun.
btw i still using the the caped magic haste tp set on page 1 as my main tp set i think its great but is it out of date now? if i need more acc i tend to mix jhakri/Aya or aya 5/5 for dt/acc set. really just wondering if the dd sets on page 1 are up todate? thanks guys
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-01-24 16:52:00
Link | Citer | R

waffle said: »
Asura.Cicion said: »
I was under the impression temper had no cap. If someone has tested 620+ skill ranges id be interested in that.
As far as I know, no one has tested temper in the over 610 range. I'd like to see some numbers on enspells for that range since they should be easier to test.
Enfire on Blanched Mandragora:

602 skill: 105
612 skill: 107
622 skill: 108
[+]
 Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2018-01-25 15:49:53
Link | Citer | R

hey guys, whats a easy 6 step for sword i want to try it for omen objective
ty
 Sylph.Dravidian
Serveur: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-01-25 15:53:26
Link | Citer | R

fast > burning > fast > burning > fast > burning iirc.
 Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2018-01-25 15:55:02
Link | Citer | R

ty
By Boshi 2018-01-25 16:22:24
Link | Citer | R

we do pretty much the same thing except flat/burning.
By zaxtiss 2018-01-25 16:25:53
Link | Citer | R

flat>burning would prob better since it has stun effect.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-01-25 16:53:11
Link | Citer | R

Can you reliably do that without STP roll?
Granted I was using Joyeuse MH and Ternion Dagger+1 offhand, which maybe it's not the ideal combination, but I managed to do this only when I had STP roll from a COR.
Always failed at around ~4 without the STP roll.

My TP gear on RDM is far from perfect though. What do you focus on for the specific goal of 6step?
I'm done with RDM cards, just curious.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2018-01-25 17:19:52
Link | Citer | R

ya unless your sam, mabey a blu and drg 6 steppings pretty tough without stp roll solo
 Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2018-01-25 18:28:07
Link | Citer | R

Yeah defo need stp rolls for 6 step
kyou:18k avg

Glassy gorger:27k avg

Took some screen shots of my ws avg on glassy gorger and kyou as rdm (2ktp brd cor geo buffs mostly)
Using the set I posted above,Really happy.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 141 142 143