Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 130 131 132 ... 141 142 143
 Asura.Bootus
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Sgtsalt
By Asura.Bootus 2022-01-21 05:07:20
Link | Citer | R

If I'm mostly playing solo right now, doing omen,gathering some UNM gear, farming Lilith (6/9, starting to get there!) What AF would you recommend I +3 first? Hands legs or body?
 Carbuncle.Gabvanstronger
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Gabvanstronger 2022-01-21 06:57:35
Link | Citer | R

I'd go with Hands cuz they are used in Enhancing Duration and WSes.
 Asura.Bootus
By Asura.Bootus 2022-01-21 08:17:49
Link | Citer | R

Thanks! I figured the answer would be hands for those reasons or legs for better Temper & enspells.
 Asura.Bootus
By Asura.Bootus 2022-01-21 08:53:59
Link | Citer | R

Another question that I'm sure has been asked and answered many times in the last 131 pages but I don't have the time to sort through it all.

My current adoulin ring is vocane, and I plan to change soon to either karieyh or weatherspoon. I know karieyh is great for savage blade and has use on most DD jobs, but just how good is weatherspoon for things like Savage Blade?

I also intend to begin seriously gearing PLD, THF, and WAR soon if that makes a difference.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2022-01-21 08:59:20
Link | Citer | R

Uh, this is one of those questions you can answer by just looking at the stats lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-01-21 08:59:45
Link | Citer | R

Weatherspoon is amazing for Seraph Blade with Crocea + Daybreak. It's useless for Savage blade.
 Asura.Bootus
By Asura.Bootus 2022-01-21 10:06:49
Link | Citer | R

Woops! I meant Seraph Blade, not Savage Blade! It's very clearly useless for Savage Blade.

I'm asking, is it great enough for Seraph that it's worth giving up Karieyh in my SB set & for other jobs?
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-01-21 10:08:33
Link | Citer | R

It is definitely great. Unless you also have RNG I'm not sure it's great enough to take over Kariyeh for the multitude of jobs that benefit from that one...
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-01-21 10:40:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bootus said: »
Woops! I meant Seraph Blade, not Savage Blade! It's very clearly useless for Savage Blade.

I'm asking, is it great enough for Seraph that it's worth giving up Karieyh in my SB set & for other jobs?

Karieyh Ring has competitive alternatives/betters (e.g. Epaminondas's Ring; Beithir Ring; Metamorph Ring +1), whereas Weatherspoon's light empowerment effect is unique.

IMO, the best choices for Adoulin Ring are Weatherspoon, Shneddick, and Thurandaut, depending on what job(s) you play, with Weatherspoon & Shneddick having the most benefit for more jobs.

Karieyh and Janniston are both good rings, but also largely superfluous relative to alternatives.

All that said, while I have Weatherspoon, and it's convenient for the Fast Cast on various jobs, I find myself using Seraph Blade much more rarely than I'd like compared to Savage or Sanguine. So, yeah, unless you also play RNG, I'd probably recommend Shneddick slightly higher if you have any jobs that don't have 18% movespeed options. Or Karieyh if you lack its alternatives.
[+]
 Asura.Bootus
By Asura.Bootus 2022-01-21 13:14:28
Link | Citer | R

Metamorph is on my to do list, and I haven't downed much of Sheol Gaol yet. I can't afford an Epaminondas Ring yet (saving for Crocea rn), so it looks like Karieyh it is until I get those things figured out!
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-01-21 13:47:26
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »
I just want to verify I understand this correct:
RDM ML20 casting a stymie + saboteur'd frazzle III in:
ItemSet 374997
r15 staff, r0~15 belt

Potency

floor(floor((Base Potency × Saboteur) + {dStat Modifier}) × (Enfeebling Magic Effect+ Gear))

(([6/21(554-205)]*1.37){0,10})*1.54)={207,222}

Duration

((Base Duration × Saboteur) + (6s × RDM Group 2 Merit Point Level) + (3s × RDM Relic Head Group 2 Merit Point Level Augment) + RDM Enfeebling Job Points + RDM Stymie Job Points + Gear that list Seconds) × (Augments Composure Bonus) × (Duration listed on Gear) × (Duration Augments on Gear)

just gonna assume floor at every multiplication
((300*1.37)+30+0+20+20+0)*1.35*1.25 = 811s or 13min 31s
So w/ this set a stymie saboteur frazzle3 should last an entire gaol fight assuming there is time spent buffing/pulling at all.

or did i screw up somewhere and frazzle won't last nearly that long?
oops, forgot that 1.45 includes a different hands equip.
fixed.

To circle back around to this, if duration is yoru concern, then yes this is the set you want. A master RDM ML20, this set would put you ~584 skill, which is 40 away from cap on potency. Based on the formula you'd lose ~12 potency (to Base Potency). If potency is a concern, you need to get it to 625

Edit: I'd also add in regards to duration, isn't duration 1/2'd for NMs?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-21 14:34:50
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
It is definitely great. Unless you also have RNG I'm not sure it's great enough to take over Kariyeh for the multitude of jobs that benefit from that one...

Well, every job benefits from Weatherspoon via Fast Cast build, since it's the highest Ring option. With that being said, I have seen a very high amount of players trading in their SoA ring for Schneddick +1. All Jobs Movement Speed +18% in the current endgame of Seg Farming in a low priority slot is basically unmatched by nearly all jobs. I feel like the rings that only boost damage by a smaller percentage than the next best option is still an inferior choice to Schneddick +1, for what it offers. just my 2c
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-01-21 15:16:07
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

Well, every job benefits from Weatherspoon via Fast Cast build, since it's the highest Ring option. With that being said, I have seen a very high amount of players trading in their SoA ring for Schneddick +1. All Jobs Movement Speed +18% in the current endgame of Seg Farming in a low priority slot is basically unmatched by nearly all jobs. I feel like the rings that only boost damage by a smaller percentage than the next best option is still an inferior choice to Schneddick +1, for what it offers. just my 2c

That is definitely a great point, there is more to weatherspoon ring than just light affinity. If the only reason you're considering it is light affinity though, it may or may not be worth it just for rdm. having Trueflight makes it much more valuable for that aspect imo.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-01-21 15:44:18
Link | Citer | R

TF is one use most commonly paired with the ring. Can also use it for Seraph as was mentioned, and SAM can us it for Tachi: Koki, which it should be pretty busted for (like mini Orpheus' Sash for ring). BLU can also use it for Blinding Fulgor set, like Zetaking does. Not a ton of uses like Karieyh, but like I said, with the FC, it offers something for a lot of jobs. But it's not a particularly great choice either.

RDM certainly doesn't need it for the FC either, so unless you're looking for Seraph Blade build, I would personally move on. TF is a toy as well, not used for a ton of stuff outside of maybe Dynamis and Marmokrebs?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Serveur: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2022-01-22 00:16:25
Link | Citer | R

Worth mentioning, Flash Nova is a pretty strong WS if geared properly and also benefits from Weatherspoon.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-01-24 10:13:19
Link | Citer | R

Is it though?

Can't get the elemental WS bonus from Crocea + Daybreak. I don't see any reason why a rdm would ever consider using flash nova when Seraph Blade benefits so strongly from Crocea.

Edit: My general point is that if you're only considering for rdm.... probably not worth it. If you have other jobs that can make use of it, then it becomes more attractive. Lets not kid ourselves about where rdm would use it though, and that is strickly for Seraph Blade spam with Crocea.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-01-24 11:21:36
Link | Citer | R

If you're single wielding and Light damage is your only real option, then Bunzi's Rod + Flash Nova probably outdoes Crocea Mors + Seraph Blade.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-01-24 11:58:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
If you're single wielding and Light damage is your only real option, then Bunzi's Rod + Flash Nova probably outdoes Crocea Mors + Seraph Blade.

Can you elaborate?

Edit: I guess you can spam Flash Nova at 1000 tp where you have to get to at least 2000 for Seraph, but you also have to ignore extra white DPS from enspell.
By SimonSes 2022-01-24 12:35:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
Bunzi's Rod + Flash Nova

You meant Daybreak right?
[+]
 Cerberus.Nolatari
By Cerberus.Nolatari 2022-02-02 08:40:43
Link | Citer | R

Hello currently working on Murgleis. Was curious with Death Blossom being a three hit WS. What would be the best off hand for it? I have pretty much all Non-REMA weapons a RDM can use.
By SimonSes 2022-02-02 09:16:56
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Nolatari said: »
Hello currently working on Murgleis. Was curious with Death Blossom being a three hit WS. What would be the best off hand for it? I have pretty much all Non-REMA weapons a RDM can use.

I think you shouldn't look what's the best for Death Blossom, but what's the best to get TP faster. Because the best for WS damage on DB would probably be with WSD+10% DM augment Colada :P

Crepuscular Knife, Gleti's Knife or Kraken Club would be my choices :)
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2022-02-02 15:16:08
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
I think you shouldn't look what's the best for Death Blossom, but what's the best to get TP faster. Because the best for WS damage on DB would probably be with WSD+10% DM augment Colada :P

Crepuscular Knife, Gleti's Knife or Kraken Club would be my choices :)

AFAIK, the max DM augment for weapons (not armor) is WSD+7% and can't recall ever having seen any higher reported ones. I've personally seen only one WSD+7% (on Kanaria), having burned a lot of DM tries on Kanaria & Colada.

But yes, TP generation is probably the way to go anyway. I use Gleti's myself, not having Crepuscular or K.Club. Ternion +1 R15 follows pretty closely behind.
 Bahamut.Skald
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jimmyjazz
By Bahamut.Skald 2022-02-02 17:53:11
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
AFAIK, the max DM augment for weapons (not armor) is WSD+7% and can't recall ever having seen any higher reported ones.

I can only attest to 8% being a thing, granted I have not thrown any weapons at dm campaigns since this skinflayer. I assumed weapons could 10% like any other?

[+]
By Masaru 2022-02-03 06:58:20
Link | Citer | R

DB isn’t our best WS for DMG. The only reason you want to use DB is for aftermath. If you want MACC with AF1 then sub for MACC, Ammurapi shield or Tauret for example. If you want for MATT with AF2, then sub Bunzi’s rod or Maxentius for example. I never thought about to nuke with Murgleis anyway. If you going for OAT with AF3 then sub Thibron to boost WS DMG. This last option is what I use it for, for easy multi stepping: DB>CDC>EA>SB>CDC or SB>CDC>EA>SB>CDC. If ACC is a problem then sub what others already suggested, Ternion dagger for example. I want to try sub Sequence for STP next time in this situation and see how it’s going.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2022-02-03 09:24:02
Link | Citer | R

If you're primary WS is going to be death blossom Thibron is not what you want to use. If you're putting up AM3 and then using savage, then you can do that.
 Asura.Bootus
By Asura.Bootus 2022-02-05 12:31:12
Link | Citer | R

What situations might actually want Drain or Aspir? I have a few pieces for a drain set taking up space in my wardrobes, but I'm not sure I've ever actually had a reason to cast it.
 Asura.Disclai
user: Disclai
By Asura.Disclai 2022-02-05 12:37:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bootus said: »
What situations might actually want Drain or Aspir? I have a few pieces for a drain set taking up space in my wardrobes, but I'm not sure I've ever actually had a reason to cast it.

As RDM, virtually never that I can think of. Refresh III is generally more than enough to maintain MP, and Convert is always available as an emergency.

Aspir is more important for jobs without quite so much native sustainability, like BLM, DRK, or sometimes SCH. (Though for BLM & SCH, Myrkr is also an option.)
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-02-18 08:47:16
Link | Citer | R

RDM 15k nuke in Omen,

Tier5 sitting right around 14-15k, gain-int maxed

set used
ItemSet 383767
Am I missing anything obvious?
anyone know if throwing on marin staff+1 and doing Aero V is the answer?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-02-18 08:53:49
Link | Citer | R

Are you not using weather/day bonuses, or are you just using the belt for max damage and banking on hitting the bonus randomly?
First Page 2 3 ... 130 131 132 ... 141 142 143