First Page 2 3 ... 106 107 108 ... 141 142 143
 Bismarck.Ringoko
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-05-24 01:53:16
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I had that exact same CDC set, but I started using R15 Imperial Wing Hairpin recently, since its only about a 6 DEX loss with max unity. Still not sure which one comes out ahead, so I went with the 10 Critical Hit Rate, since RDM is so starved for it. Anyone know if Malignance is better than Hairpin?

I did the same and added r15 zoar subligars as well because they're funky fresh.

I also use 1 mache +1 instead of moonshade
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-05-24 07:32:28
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Should be Aurgelmir Orb and Duelist Torque, no?
Aurg sounds like a winner for sure (granted Ullr would be better but I hate relying on the ranged slot)
For the neck I dunno. I currently use that one but does MND+15 really beat other options? No attack, no STR, no acc. Sounds like something that might win in overcap situations-onry.
What would other options be I wonder?
I used Caro Necklace before I got my Duelist+2.

Thanks for sharing your CDC sets guys! Mine is similar but atm I have Mache+1/Sherida in the earring slot and I'm using Jhakri+2 in the Hands/Legs slots.
Wonder if Malignance would be better there?
Would be a noticeable Att loss, granted that Attack is less relevant for CDC than for other WS, given how it's based on crit.

And yeah I can see Hairpin/Subligar being the winners but I can't really afford inventory+2 atm, especially for what is a secondary WS for me.
 Odin.Taytar
Serveur: Odin
user: Bryan1218
By Odin.Taytar 2020-05-24 10:12:23
Link | Citer | R

I dug a fair amount, trying to find info on what augments you want on your Grio to make it BIS for ENF potency and Enfeeb Magic

I have daybreak and mors, trying to be efficient with my points.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-24 11:00:15
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
I had that exact same CDC set, but I started using R15 Imperial Wing Hairpin recently, since its only about a 6 DEX loss with max unity. Still not sure which one comes out ahead, so I went with the 10 Critical Hit Rate, since RDM is so starved for it. Anyone know if Malignance is better than Hairpin?

I did the same and added r15 zoar subligars as well because they're funky fresh.

I also use 1 mache +1 instead of moonshade

Yeah. I figured whatever DEX/attack loss RDM suffers from both of these swaps it more than compensates for in Critical Hit Rate. +15% is pretty huge for a job that doesn't get a ton of native options to increase that value. It might not be totally better than Taeon/Malignance (especially getting hit with it on), but it should be close enough and spike damage should be very good IMO.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-05-24 12:23:53
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Taytar said: »
I dug a fair amount, trying to find info on what augments you want on your Grio to make it BIS for ENF potency and Enfeeb Magic

I have daybreak and mors, trying to be efficient with my points.
I'm not sure I would use Grio for anything other than Frazzle and Distract.
For those having a Grio with lots of Macc and Enfskill +15 or more can be nice towards reaching that Enf Skill cap without sacrificing too much MND.

It's a huge hit in terms of magic accuracy though compared to other options.
To compensate for that you can cast Frazzle1 in your max macc gear ignoring any sort of potency. If you can land that, then it will make it easier to land Frazzle3 even if you have less macc than all your other enf sets.
But doing all of this can take time and you don't always have this luxury, depends on the fight right?
 Shiva.Hiep
Serveur: Shiva
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2020-05-24 16:37:02
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder

Go RDM! I'm thinking Bastok will be next.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-27 13:22:52
Link | Citer | R

Hiep, can you elaborate on why you use Relic +3 feet for Sanguine Blade over Amalric +1 (set bonus, Path D)? I have had this discussion with people for a bit and they have stated Amalric+1 is generally always better. (You might just not have them, but I figure it would be worth asking you) - Is there any advantage to Relic+3 in a sanguine set over amalric?
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-05-27 13:45:06
Link | Citer | R

Hiep, can you elaborate on why you use Relic +3 feet for Sanguine Blade over Amalric +1 (set bonus, Path D)? I have had this discussion with people for a bit and they have stated Amalric+1 is generally always better. (You might just not have them, but I figure it would be worth asking you) - Is there any advantage to Relic+3 in a sanguine set over amalric?

I'm guessing that unsupported CL145+, you're gonna want any extra macc that you can get for more stable WS #'s. And then there's some marginal defensive advantages to relic, too.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-05-27 13:54:13
Link | Citer | R

Thank you. I overlooked the Macc aspect.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-05-29 05:19:12
Link | Citer | R

So RDM soloing Kirin/Kouryu is doable, can't wait to see anyone who tries it.

One thing I noticed was if you kill the 4th God just before Kirin turns into 2nd form, Astral flow only deals damage and then he won't use Astral Flow again for a while. So it might be worthwhile waiting out all 4 Gods for astral flow as a strat.
Dread spikes can be ignored on Kouryu as they don't deal much damage at all, mostly due to being severely under pDif cap. Kouryu doesn't seem to have that high MND as Paralyze was seemingly getting full potency from a Sabo Frazzle > Paralyze, on 2 attempts it procced 5-6 times in a row back to back.
My accuracy on Kouryu was 85% without the use of Distract which is worth the sacrifice for Frazzle. Here is my set:

Here is the notes of the mistakes I made which I posted on a my first attempt which may help anyone trying:

Stymie Distract 3 on Kouryu instead of Frazzle - enspells got resisted.
Took too long killing Byakko - wasted time.
TP set lacked enough Macc to support enspells - use same set as a WoC solo.

Chainspell Aero V magic burst from CDC to CDC might be best way to take down Kouryu. He only seems to have 300k HP.
I still need to test if fighting Kouryu in the front or the back is better. With AAHM tanking, Spike Flail shouldn't be an issue, but fighting infront comes with Terror/Full dispel as a threat.
Need to figure out ways to deal with Astral Flow - Paralyze Genbu, Silence Suzaku, Slow Seiryu and Byakko might be best?
By SimonSes 2020-05-29 09:51:43
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shiraj said: »

I mentioned it in comments on yt. Mischief did it first try (if I recall correctly), but his strategy was completely different than what actually happened. He somehow locked Kouryu to not spawn gods I think. I will ask for details.
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-05-29 10:19:21
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
He somehow locked Kouryu to not spawn gods I think. I will ask for details.

That's what I mentioned in my comment. It's possible to do it and it is by making all 4 gods spawn before 2nd phase. I will be trying it again at some point, but wiped 4 times today and pops are like 5m/pop and just gonna burn away my gil lol.

Edit: Just seen comment on my video. You are talking about a whole different way to block gods. Ok that is different to my strat. I am intruiged, but it seems like a glitch if i'm honest. The whole Kirin/Kouryu fight being hard revolves are the gods spawning and *** you up.
 Shiva.Hiep
user: Hiepo
By Shiva.Hiep 2020-05-29 20:10:14
Link | Citer | R

I still don't understand how to lock out the 4 gods? I wanted to try this without trusts. I killed all 4 gods before Kouryu form, but then he astral flow'd and spawned all 4 at 44%?

Asura.Shiraj said: »

One thing I noticed was if you kill the 4th God just before Kirin turns into 2nd form, Astral flow only deals damage and then he won't use Astral Flow again for a while. So it might be worthwhile waiting out all 4 Gods for astral flow as a strat.
Dread spikes can be ignored on Kouryu as they don't deal much damage at all, mostly due to being severely under pDif cap. Kouryu doesn't seem to have that high MND as Paralyze was seemingly getting full potency from a Sabo Frazzle > Paralyze, on 2 attempts it procced 5-6 times in a row back to back.
My accuracy on Kouryu was 85% without the use of Distract which is worth the sacrifice for Frazzle. Here is my set:

Here is the notes of the mistakes I made which I posted on a my first attempt which may help anyone trying:

Stymie Distract 3 on Kouryu instead of Frazzle - enspells got resisted.
Took too long killing Byakko - wasted time.
TP set lacked enough Macc to support enspells - use same set as a WoC solo.

Chainspell Aero V magic burst from CDC to CDC might be best way to take down Kouryu. He only seems to have 300k HP.
I still need to test if fighting Kouryu in the front or the back is better. With AAHM tanking, Spike Flail shouldn't be an issue, but fighting infront comes with Terror/Full dispel as a threat.
Need to figure out ways to deal with Astral Flow - Paralyze Genbu, Silence Suzaku, Slow Seiryu and Byakko might be best?

I don't think you're going to be able to land any debuffs since Kouryu has one of the highest MEVA in the game (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Your best bet is to reapply everything right before he transforms, so 51%ish.
 Lakshmi.Arcaniz
user: Arcaniz
By Lakshmi.Arcaniz 2020-05-29 20:14:41
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Hiep said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

Go RDM! I'm thinking Bastok will be next.
Update your equipviewer icons:

Icons.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-05-30 04:40:12
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Hiep said: »
I don't think you're going to be able to land any debuffs since Kouryu has one of the highest MEVA in the game (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Your best bet is to reapply everything right before he transforms, so 51%ish.

So what I learned in my solo attempts, Stymie Frazzle 3 is the only way you're landing debuffs. With Frazzle 3 on it, I was landing Paralyze after a few casts, sometimes it stuck 1st try, sometimes it took like 3-4. I landed Distract once, but might've been pure luck.

And fun fact, I actually noticed that while Kouryu is out, Kirin is still in the battlefield as his debuffs wear off, but don't count towards Kouryu. I had the game say "Kirin's Evasion down wears off" but when I tried applying Distract to Kouryu, it got resisted before that like it was never on in the first place.

and the Gods comment: I done this by accident, and was able to replicate it twice with a friend. So never done on solo or prob would've won... I killed the 4th god just before Kirin despawned and I wait to kill it for Astral Flow to happen. If Astral Flow from 1st form happens it summoned Ifrit twice for me and only done damage. And Kouryu never summoned any gods for at least 6min~ for me. This happened twice and both times same thing happened.

Next time I try some attempts I'll try record the god lockout and see if it's luck based, or it's an actual thing. I understand 2 times could have been luck, but worth a try.
 Siren.Sebian
Serveur: Siren
user: Camilien
By Siren.Sebian 2020-05-30 05:53:02
Link | Citer | R

Recently mastered Red Mage and have a question I was hoping you guys could answer

Currently using this as my TP set

ItemSet 373443

Would I be better off using Tauret offhand in a capped haste situation ?

Or any other general improvements outside of SU5 sword and Almace (which I’m working on)

Cape is DW 10 Dex Acc/Ark

Thanks
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-05-30 06:31:54
Link | Citer | R

I believe Ternion +1 is best if accuracy is not an issue, but Tauret is still pretty decent regardless.
 Shiva.Applesmash
user: Hyriu
By Shiva.Applesmash 2020-05-30 09:44:45
Link | Citer | R

Also Machaera+2/Thibron if you're using savage blade^
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-12 23:01:30
Link | Citer | R

Ok two small questions about buffs.
Phalanx II, now that it's a scroll spell, is exactely the same as Phalanx I in its formula, with the only difference that it can be cast on other party members, correct?

Now the real question about Haste2, is 14mins really the max duration with BiS gear? Assuming Composure up of course.
Because I think I have the BiS gear but my duration is 13.something, not 14.

Here is what I use to cast Haste2 on others:
Colada (4% duration) / Ammurapi / ... / ...
Empy+1 / JSE+2 / ... / ...
Empy+1 / AF+3 / ... / ...
Ghostfyre (20% duration) / Embla / Empy+1 / Empy+1

Of course I have 5/5 merits in duration.
Tried with Ambu cape but I actually get under 13 mins.
I really have no clue what I could be doing wrong, other than an error in my lua somewhere...
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-06-12 23:14:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Ok two small questions about buffs.
Phalanx II, now that it's a scroll spell, is exactely the same as Phalanx I in its formula, with the only difference that it can be cast on other party members, correct?

Now the real question about Haste2, is 14mins really the max duration with BiS gear? Assuming Composure up of course.
Because I think I have the BiS gear but my duration is 13.something, not 14.

Here is what I use to cast Haste2 on others:
Colada (4% duration) / Ammurapi / ... / ...
Empy+1 / JSE+2 / ... / ...
Empy+1 / AF+3 / ... / ...
Ghostfyre (20% duration) / ... / Empy+1 / Empy+1

Of course I have 5/5 merits in duration.
Tried with Ambu cape but I actually get under 13 mins.
I really have no clue what I could be doing wrong, other than an error in my lua somewhere...

I'm sure Phalanx 1 and Phalanx 2 are the same now because they were the same if you used 5/5 Phalanx merits, now that merit spells come at full potency there is no reason they shouldn't be the same. I've started having a toggle for an Idle Phalanx set on RUN so a RDM can Phalanx me over my own as it's the same, but longer duration.

And with the duration I've often questioned the same thing. Most of the time I don't use Colada/ammurapi unless prebuffing/not attacking cos TP loss, but I get similar durations to you and whenever people mention they get 14 minute timers I always have the same gear as them which makes no sense. So I do just think just over 13 minutes is the max you can get.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-12 23:17:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shiraj said:
I've started having a toggle for an Idle Phalanx set on RUN so a RDM can Phalanx me over my own as it's the same, but longer duration.
Exactely my point, and it's actually better than mine since I midcast Phalanx on RUN with 473 skill.
Doesn't happen often that I get a RDM in the same pt as myself though, and sadly Phalanx2 can't be cast cross-pt.

Quote:
So I do just think just over 13 minutes is the max you can get.
Unless we're doing something wrong... that's my line as well.
Well you could get >14min on a RUN thanks to their 100 JP gift I guess lol
By Chimerawizard 2020-06-12 23:23:39
Link | Citer | R

(Base Duration + (6s × RDM Group 2 Merit Point Level) + (3s × RDM Relic Hands Group 2 Merit Point Level Augment) + RDM Job Points + Gear that list Seconds) × (Augments Composure Bonus) × (Duration listed on Gear + Naturalist's Roll) × (Duration Augments on Gear) × (Rune Fencer Gifts)

(180+(6*5)+(3*0)+20+0)*1.35*(base+10%+20%+10%+30%+??)*(base+4%+25%+20%)*(1+??)

230*1.35*(1.7+??)*1.49*(1+??)=
13min 6sec before accounting for rolls & who your target is.

don't forget the Embla Sash has enhancing duration +10%.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-06-12 23:28:30
Link | Citer | R

oh ***, lemme doublecheck if I have Embla in my Midcast >_>''
Edit: it's there, pheew

So basically 14 mins is a lie, period? With current gear I mean, of course.
 Ragnarok.Lowen
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Rorrick
By Ragnarok.Lowen 2020-06-13 04:06:33
Link | Citer | R

I thought Vitiation Tabard+3 was better for duration than the Lethargy Sayon. +3 is 15% duration, I think the Sayon only adds 10% from the set bonus?
 Asura.Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2020-06-13 05:05:42
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Lowen said: »
I thought Vitiation Tabard+3 was better for duration than the Lethargy Sayon. +3 is 15% duration, I think the Sayon only adds 10% from the set bonus?

I tested this as I seen people using +3 relic body in their sets and I found the duration overall to be lower. Iirc by like 30-45s.
By Chimerawizard 2020-06-13 05:21:11
Link | Citer | R

set bonus adds:
2 pieces: 10%
3 pieces: 20%
4 pieces: 35%
5 pieces: 50%

feet is guaranteed, so anything on top of it will start the set bonus.
Head is a comparison between augment 10% & set bonus 10%, with +49%; 1.1*1.49 > 1.59.
Next, legs: 1.2*1.49 > 1.1*1.59
Finally with the body we're up to a 3 & 4 set bonus comparrison. empy vs relic vs telchine
1.35*1.7*1.49 > 1.2*1.85*1.49 > 1.2*1.7*1.59
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2020-06-13 05:22:43
Link | Citer | R

That is correct, it's because how much relative % increase the composure modifier has. Both give 15% in BiS duration sets, but the modifier for % increase is naturally higher than the modifier for composure.

Duration = (base duration + flat duration bonus) * % increase * % augment increase * composure bonus.

BiS Sets should be either

(Vitiation Tabard +3) duration * 1.85 * 1.49 * 1.20 = 3.30 total multiplier

(Lethargy Sayon +1) duration * 1.7 * 1.49 * 1.35 = 3.41 total multiplier.

Edit: tldr version, which ever modifier has the lowest base starting modifier before swapping equipment will benefit more from an equal %amount of bonus.

Edit2: That is why a Ghostfyre cape @~18% will beat an ambu cape too.

Edit3: Someone mentioned Naturalist's Roll above, and if you have a perfect Nat roll, with Geo in pt, and +7 and BiS set with Lethargy Sayon +1, you should have 15 minutes 36 seconds or very close. :D
By Chimerawizard 2020-06-13 06:10:26
Link | Citer | R

With a perfect naturalist's roll with rolls +8 & job buff should be 33%? I think 5/5 Lethargy may actually win even before adding in crooked cards.

230 * 1.5 * 1.83 * 1.49 =‬ 940

230 * 1.35 * 2.03 * 1.49 =‬ 939
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-06-18 02:41:11
Link | Citer | R

So I do a lot of quadboxing/tanking on RDM and I realized today that I can make a SIRD cure set that's pretty damn good and without much sacrifice;

Ammo: Staunch Tathlum +1 - 11%
Head: Kaykaus Mitra +1 (Path C) - 12%
Neck: Phalaina Locket
Ear1: Magnetic Earring - 8%
Ear2: Mendicant's Earring
Body: Kaykaus Bliaut +1 (Path C) - 12%
Hands: Kaykaus +1 Cuffs (Path A)
Ring1: Evanescence Ring - 5%
Ring2: Stikini ring +1
Cape: Sucellos with SIRD +10% - 10%
Waist: Rumination Sash - 10%
Legs: Kaykaus +1 (Path C) - 12%
Feet: Kaykaus +1 (Path C) - 12%

What do you all think? Should have: 50% Cure Potency, Full Kaykaus +1 Set Bonus, 102% SIRD (with merits), and capped CCT.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2020-06-18 05:38:28
Link | Citer | R

I mean aside from the whole enmity situation looks fine not that I’d imagine you’re tanking for any heavy dd

Edit: also I hate tranquil heart
First Page 2 3 ... 106 107 108 ... 141 142 143