Random Politics & Religion #09

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #09
Random Politics & Religion #09
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 53 54 55
By fonewear 2016-08-01 15:59:42
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
fonewear said: »
cheap labor!

The Chinese outsource to Vietnam and other places now apparently lol

And companies are looking outside of China for manufacturing since the cost is going up a bit

Vietnam...
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-01 16:27:13
Link | Citer | R

Look at those shoes you can practically taste the tears of the slave labor !

All I taste is American jobs never coming back.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-08-01 17:02:47
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
The ones who ask to be put in power are always those who are best to not give any.

My campaign for XIAH moderator status in a nutshell:

Mine:

That's one of the projects I worked one when I was in Satchi and Satchi XD
By Blazed1979 2016-08-01 17:07:30
Link | Citer | R

Also while everyone is distracted with the US elections, no one seems to be noticing that Turkey, the 2nd largest military in NATO, is accusing the US of sponsoring the coup attempt last month.
By fonewear 2016-08-01 17:08:44
Link | Citer | R

Blazed1979 said: »
Also while everyone is distracted with the US elections, no one seems to be noticing that Turkey, the 2nd largest military in NATO, is accusing the US of sponsoring the coup attempt last month.

I think I can speak for all Americans when I say "No one cares about anything that happens outside of America."
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-01 17:16:47
Link | Citer | R

Blazed1979 said: »
I noticed Blazed, but the media has had this FOCUS on the conventions these last few weeks. Only other things that get through are disaster, gory accidents, and murders.

I haven't even seen anything about the extradition request since GOPcon day 1.
By fonewear 2016-08-01 17:18:02
Link | Citer | R

You can't expect people to care about Turkey when most Americans think of Turkey we think of Thanksgiving !
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-01 17:21:41
Link | Citer | R

You can't expect people to care about Turkey when most Americans think of Turkey we think of Thanksgiving !

Mmm.... Now you've got me Hungary for some Turkey.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-01 17:21:57
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-01 17:22:42
Link | Citer | R

KJU wants to shoot nukes...at Nibiru!

Quote:
An anonymous source with close ties to North Korea’s secretive government revealed today that Kim Jong-un’s lofty ambitions include more than than just irritating western powers with blusterous bravado and threats of war. Kim Jong-un, according to our source, learned about Nibiru several years ago. Since then, he has become obsessed not only with solving the Nibiru equation but also with finding a means to save his people from the dark star and its seven orbiting planets–which Nibiru enthusiasts fear will ravage planet Earth sometime in 2017. That desire cemented Kim Jong-un’s resolve to accelerate his country’s nuclear weapons program; thunderous threats to the contrary, Kim Jong-un has no desire to provoke the west or launch a devastating nuclear strike against the United States. That is all a well-crafted smokescreen concealing the primary reason North Korea opted to enter the nuclear arena: It wants to nuke Nibiru.

“Despite having a fledgling space program of its own,” our source said, “North Korea is ill equipped to locate Nibiru. In fact, Kim Jong-un didn’t even know about Nibiru until his agents learned about it through the internet. It’s really quite funny, in a tragic way.”

His agents had not hacked an impenetrable pentagon computer. They did not clandestinely siphon the information from 10 Downing Street. Nor did they steal information from the very walls of the Kremlin. It seems that all of Kim Jong-un’s original information was obtained via a publicly accessible, popular internet conspiracy forum known as godlikeproductons.com.

Digging deeper, our source discovered that the paranoid dictator maintained a team of twenty cyber agents, who prowled internet forums in hopes of ferreting out rumors that might belittle or shame Kim Jong-un, and tried to squash posts and threads assassinating his good character.

“When they started seeing posts about Nibiru they became concerned, very concerned. And they promptly collected all posts about Nibiru and delivered them directly to Kim Jong-un. Based on the sheer number of posts, he became convinced Nibiru is real and began devising a plan to save his people from certain doom. But that is not his only reason,” our source said. “Kim Jong-un is tired of being shamed and outmanoueverd by the United States. He wants the limelight. He wants to save the the world from Nibiru before Obama, our Putin, or whoever else does. He wants the glory.”

Believing that the United States and Russia were close to solving the Nibiru Problem, Kim Jong-un sought help from his scientific advisers at the Korean Committee of Space Technology, that country’s space program. He tasked them with finding a solution before the United States or Russia could beat him to the finish line. When his technical team failed to find a timely solution, Kim Jong-un decided that a massive nuclear strike against the Nibiru system might alter its orbit just enough to save the Earth.

“He convinced himself of it,” our source said. “He sold himself on the nuclear option, and this deepening madness drove him to accelerate his country’s nuclear ambitions. When Nibiru gets close, he plans to launch a barrage of nuclear missiles at Nibiru. How close is that? No one knows but him. But there is a bigger problem.”

Washington and Moscow have discovered Kim Jong-un’s enterprising yet foolhardy plan to save the Earth and urged him to not act against Nibiru. Washington, our source revealed, threatened a retaliatory strike if satellites detected any launch warnings from the Korean Peninsula, even if telemetry data indicated the weapons were aimed at deep space.

A Washington insider speaking under conditions of anonymity provided a likely motive for Washington’s threat. “North Korea’s nuclear weapons program is largely untested and has already been deemed a failed effort by most nuclear capable nations. Its weapons explode on launch pads or fail to detonate. Instead of applauding this failure, other nations are now deeply troubled. They fear that if North Korea launches against Nibiru, the weapon might simply topple out of the sky and strike Japan. Washington, obviously, cannot allow this to happen.”

A sense of nervousness currently looms over Pyongyang for an entirely different reason. According to usually reliable sources, twenty-six of North Korea’s brightest minds, scientists and academics, formed a committee to convince Kim Jong-un that Nibiru is nothing more than an elaborate hoax designed to illicit fear from paranoid and frightened people. The entire delegation was taken outside and executed by a firing squad for treason and refuting irrefutable evidence on Nibiru’s existence. The dead include some of North Korea’s most noteworthy scholars: Lei Ying Kim, Tai Ni Kim, Nah Pah Lei, Kum Hiau Lei, and many others.

from conspiracy websites, it might not be true!
[+]
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-08-01 17:24:18
Link | Citer | R

Wow. Just saw that Brock Turner is getting out September 2nd and still doesn't accept responsibility for what he did, now blaming party culture for what happened.

*** this planet.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-01 17:25:48
Link | Citer | R

Grumpy Cat said: »
Wow. Just saw that Brock Turner is getting out September 2nd and still doesn't accept responsibility for what he did, now blaming party culture for what happened.

*** this planet.

I'm so shocked I have no idea what you are talking about !
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-01 17:29:38
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
(CNN)Jabhat al-Nusra, one of the biggest jihadist groups in Syria, has cut its ties with al Qaeda, and changed its name.
The organization claims the move is meant to foster unification among rebel factions but the US and others say it just a PR exercise. does the announcement signal big news for the troubled country?

Jabhat al-Nusra, one of the biggest jihadist groups in Syria, has cut its ties with al Qaeda, and changed its name to Jabhat Fateh Al-Sham (the Front for the Conquest of the Levant).

Mostafa Mahamed, one of the group's leaders, says that prior to the split al-Nusra "was an official branch of al Qaeda. We reported to their central command and we worked within their framework, we adhered to their policies.
"With the formation of JFS, or Jabhat Fateh Al-Sham, we are completely independent. That means we don't report to anyone, we don't receive our directives from any external entity."
Syria expert Charles Lister, a senior fellow at the Middle East Institute, says the move "has not come entirely out of the blue" -- elements within Jabhat al-Nusra have been arguing in favour of a split since 2013.
Lister says about a third of the group threatened to splinter off earlier this year: "That, and the potential threat of U.S. and Russian airstrikes put pressure on the group's senior leadership," to make the change.

"Al Qaeda as an international organization has been changing," says Lister. "It is becoming more of an idea than an organization. It is looking to decentralize jihad, to give more autonomy to individual affiliates with the aim of making jihadi rule more likely.

"Jabhat al-Nusra has demonstrated the value of that," he says, distancing itself from some of the more bloodthirsty Islamist groups. "It has an explicit ban on tough punishments: It doesn't chop hand off for thievery, it doesn't execute for murder."
Such a stance has been aimed at securing popular acceptance for the group, Lister says, adding that their next goal is to make it more of a mass movement within Syria.
The split and efforts to rebrand are a key part of widening al-Nusra's appeal in the country, where al Qaeda's international focus is viewed with suspicion by other Syrian rebel groups, he says.
Mahamed says the new organization will focus solely on Syria: "If dissolving external organizational affiliations or ties will remove the obstacles that are in the way of unity, then this must be done.
"When we were part of al Qaeda, and as our five year track record shows, our core policy was to focus all of our efforts on the Syrian issue. That was our policy before and it will be our policy today and tomorrow."

Lister says nobody should be under any illusions as to the newly-named group's ambitions: "Their long term aim is to establish an Islamic emirate in Syria."

"The belief that Islam should govern the affairs of the Muslims isn't exclusive to any group," says Mahamed. "This is the core belief... What you have to understand is that Muslims, when given the opportunity, when given the freedom, they will always choose to be governed by their faith. It's that simple.
This idea of imposing a Western liberal democracy on a Muslim nation, this stems from an arrogant imperialistic mentality," he adds.
For now, Lister says "Syrians across the spectrum reject [the idea of an Islamic emirate] as too extremist," he says, but in future it might be deemed acceptable by the country's Islamists -- if it is Syrian-only, and not part of a wider international entity.

Mahamed says the move is "part of a long road map towards unifying all the groups on the ground," for which "negotiations over unity have been ongoing for several years."

Just how many of Syria's myriad rebel groups will be willing to align themselves with the new-look Jabhat Fateh Al-Sham is still unclear.
But Lister says that since the name change, "of the six other jihadist groups in Syria tacitly supporting al Qaeda, all of them have come out in favour of JFS [and are] considering some kind of unity proposal."
Over time, he says, JFS is likely to swallow up more and more of the country's mainstream Islamist groups.
"The Syrian people have been constantly demanding the groups on the ground to get together, to merge," says Mahamed.
"A true unification amongst groups will be a huge game changer here in Syria. When we stand in solidarity, al-Assad has no chance against us."

The rebranding has been dismissed by many in the international community as little more than window dressing by many in the international community.

Director of National Intelligence James Clapper called it a "PR move ... to create the image of being more moderate," while State Department spokesman John Kirby said the U.S. would "judge a group by what they do, not by what they call themselves,"
Lister says the U.S.'s designation of the group as a foreign terrorist organization is unlikely to change, but he says al-Nusra's shift "puts the U.S. and Russia in a tricky situation," since they had planned joint operations against the militants.
If the new JFS does link up with other rebel groups, any international action against its fighters may be seen as counter-revolutionary -- effectively supporting the Assad regime.
Lister believes that the split from al Qaeda could make it harder for the international community to argue against foreign countries such as Turkey and Qatar doing more to arm and fund the rebels.
"This has really put a spanner in the works on an international level," he says.
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-08-01 17:34:54
Link | Citer | R

*** this planet.

I'm pretty sure it was in one of the other RP&R. He was a student at some big shot school, swim team star etc. Sexually assaulted a girl, was found guilty on 3 counts including intent to rape.

Judge only gave him 6 months because any more would have "too severe an impact". The newspapers all made a big deal about how he lost his shot at becoming an olympian etc etc.

Kids dad said something like "now his life is ruined because of a night of cheap fun".

He served ~2 months? Woo Justice.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-01 17:35:18
Link | Citer | R

Ah, Nibiru. Everyone's favorite apocalypse-causing planet whose arrival gets pushed back a few years every time it fails to appear.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-01 17:35:55
Link | Citer | R

"A terrorist group by any other name would smell as sweet" "Shakespeare"
By fonewear 2016-08-01 17:37:19
Link | Citer | R

*** this planet.

I'm pretty sure it was in one of the other RP&R. He was a student at some big shot school, swim team star etc. Sexually assaulted a girl, was found guilty on 3 counts including intent to rape.

Judge only gave him 6 months because any more would have "too severe an impact". The newspapers all made a big deal about how he lost his shot at becoming an olympian etc etc.

Kids dad said something like "now his life is ruined because of a night of cheap fun".

He served ~2 months? Woo Justice.

He must have hired the ghost of Johnny Cochran. Any other person would be looking at like 10 years in prison.
By fonewear 2016-08-01 17:41:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Ah, Nibiru. Everyone's favorite apocalypse-causing planet whose arrival gets pushed back a few years every time it fails to appear.

I got my Nike's on waiting for the Hale–Bopp!

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-01 17:42:05
Link | Citer | R

Where is this from lol
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-01 17:46:19
Link | Citer | R

Where is this from lol
You know guys I have a favourite conspiracy website!

It was reported there, taken from this totally legit website.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-01 17:54:49
Link | Citer | R

Where is this from lol

Stop sourcing material from Lordgrim's website!
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-01 18:06:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

Where is this from lol

Stop sourcing material from Lordgrim's website!

I get my all my source material from this:

By fonewear 2016-08-01 18:09:52
Link | Citer | R

Actually I get all my information on what to think and say from the holy grail of websites:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/section/women
By Ackeron 2016-08-01 18:10:54
Link | Citer | R

Where is this from lol

Pokemon are real in Africa!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-01 18:16:44
Link | Citer | R

Not many Rhyhorns left though
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-01 18:39:06
Link | Citer | R

All the Pyroars hunted them down.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-08-01 18:44:05
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

I thought it was named Sedna.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-01 18:46:10
Link | Citer | R

PLANET X

I used to listen to Coast to Coast all the time. I miss those crazy callers preparing for the end.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Primex
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2016-08-01 19:25:27
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
I noticed Blazed, but the media has had this FOCUS on the conventions these last few weeks. Only other things that get through are disaster, gory accidents, and murders.

Its pretty serious. The Turkish/American relations have never been this bad since the end of the Ottoman Empire.

Erdogan is in Russia later this week to normalize relations with Putin.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-08-01 19:39:06
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Primex said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »

Its pretty serious. The Turkish/American relations have never been this bad since the end of the Ottoman Empire.

Thats probably an overstatement. Erdogan seems to be blaming the entire planet for the coup attempt. A Turkish newspaper accused a retired Army general of being the ringleader, fairly ridiculous. They asked us to arrest and extradite a rival cleric without providing any actual evidence, and have still yet to provide any reasoning other than hurt feelings. Given how sweeping the crackdown has been, I don't see that request being fulfilled without some hard evidence.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 53 54 55