Random Politics & Religion #09

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #09
Random Politics & Religion #09
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 53 54 55
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-08-16 15:26:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Pleebo obviously didn't read the article. It's not spelled out in crayon for him.

So don't bother to reply to him.
More like you got to the part about her being a Democrat and inferred the rest.
Either way, like I said before, the Republican's message on this point was for religious freedom. Not against gay rights
Religious freedom to deny gays simple rights like not being discriminated against. You're just in full talking points mode today, aren't you?
By fonewear 2016-08-16 15:31:08
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
structural poverty, disenfranchisement, racist policing

that isn't coming from us. (evil white people incorporated)

So... the way we rich white guys achieve and maintain wealth is by buying stock in companies that successfully sell things that people don't really need but buy anyways because they are the suckers that are born every minute...

so the more people that have money the bigger our profits are. that's why expanding into china is so important because there are a billion consumers there. it doesn't matter if they are black or yellow or red as long as their money can be exchanged with the green foldy kind we'll sell you our mom...or at least rent her to you for the hour

racism goes against everything we believe in, which is money....we're like Mister Krabs on spongebob

unless you can figure out some way to make money off racism... then I am all ears...

Al Sharpton says hello !
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-16 15:36:51
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Not giving equal rights is discrimination. It as simple as that, your christian values doesn't give you the right to discriminate against other people.
And what about Christians?

Last I saw, there are more Christians than gay people.

Should we infringe and discriminate against a majority to satisfy a minority?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-16 15:38:00
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
@ Ramy:

To expand, you still haven't proven that Republicans are attacking gay people. All you have shown is that Republicans have Christian values.

What part of "forcing Christian ideology on the country violates the First Amendment and is an attack on the personal freedoms of not just homosexuals, but everyone who doesn't share those beliefs" aren't you getting?
They aren't forcing Christian ideology on anyone.

You are putting too much on one little paragraph.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-16 15:42:11
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Not giving equal rights is discrimination. It as simple as that, your christian values doesn't give you the right to discriminate against other people.

definitely not. we should let Christians marry anyone they want to as well, as long as they have consent.

I strongly believe in that. they deserve the same rights as any other human being.
That's my point.

I don't care if you are gay, straight, alien, human, whatever, your money is good with me (if I was a business owner).

Those who want to deny service because of religious reasons, they are all idiots, because they are losing sales for their own ideology.

But at the same time, government shouldn't force people into doing what they don't want to do.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-16 15:54:40
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »

definitely not. we should let Christians marry anyone they want to as well, as long as they have consent.

I strongly believe in that. they deserve the same rights as any other human being.
That's my point.

I don't care if you are gay, straight, alien, human, whatever, your money is good with me (if I was a business owner).

Those who want to deny service because of religious reasons, they are all idiots, because they are losing sales for their own ideology.

But at the same time, government shouldn't force people into doing what they don't want to do.
So we have a political party here announcing they are going to try and reverse a law to let them deny basic human rights to other humans, and that doesn't bother you?

If they announced that they were going to try and change the law to remove the right to vote from black people, would that bother you?
A) Yes, it would bother me.

B) Whoever proposes that is completely stupid and should be removed from office.

C) Nobody is going to take away basic human rights.
By maldini 2016-08-16 16:14:20
Link | Citer | R

Adding some bounce to politics, this is sick, yet accurate.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-16 16:27:19
Link | Citer | R

The Republican's message isn't to outlaw homosexuality. Far from it....
Not that far. Read the platform. They want to overturn gay marriage, allow "conversion therapy", reinstitute discrimination against gays where it has become illegal, and pretty much force gays back into the closet so they can believe they don't exist.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-16 16:34:20
Link | Citer | R

A Constitutional amendment making marriage between one man and one woman isn't trying to outlaw homosexuality? Separate but equal II.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-16 16:51:31
Link | Citer | R

You honestly expect a party structured towards Christianity to not have Christian values?
So you admit that the GOP is basically a theocratic party?

I'm shocked. I always thought they, like the dems, were a plutocratic party.

THERE'S ACTUALLY A DIFFERENCE!!!
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-16 16:53:17
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Yes, minorities want free stuff. So do whites. Businesses. Old people. Military. Politicians and on and on. Everyone wants to suck on that free tete but lets pretend like minorities are the only one under the cow.
And yet, the liberals/democrats are pandering free stuff only to the minorities.

Or are you going to deny that? ...
I will.

Both parties pander free stuff to the .01% and the corporations.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-16 17:31:34
Link | Citer | R

And in news that is sure to set Hillary and her team dancing in the streets:

Report: Roger Ailes Is Prepping Trump for Debates
But campaign denies any formal or informal role for ex-Fox exec

Quote:
(Newser) – Roger Ailes has reportedly found a new role since resigning from Fox News last month: helping Donald Trump prep for the presidential debates. According to three anonymous sources who spoke to the New York Times, Ailes is helping Trump's team as they get the GOP nominee ready for his first face-off with Hillary Clinton on Sept. 26. The Trump campaign, however, flatly denied the report: "He is not advising Mr. Trump or helping with debate prep," says a statement, per Reuters. "They are longtime friends but he has no formal or informal role in the campaign."

Two of the Times' sources, however, say that Ailes is not only helping with debates but may end up playing a larger role in helping Trump fix what the newspaper calls his recent "series of self-inflicted wounds" that have dragged him down in the polls. Politico notes the pair's "long history," though it also points out Trump had a sometimes-contentious relationship with Ailes' former employer.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-08-16 18:30:29
Link | Citer | R

Well, you know. Their religion is "better".
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-16 18:34:30
Link | Citer | R

What amaze me is how you dont mind governments making laws based on a religion, its exactly what you hate about the middle east.

Comparing the US to the Middle East that is the biggest stretch I've seen in quite a while.

Do you really think that or did you say that just to be controversial ?
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-08-16 19:11:16
Link | Citer | R

He threw in an attention getter, but he's not wrong. Theocracies are never good, regardless of the religion. The point of a Democracy is that we're allowed to be different and believe in different things. Theocracies insist that we live within the confines of the ruling religion, regardless of what we believe in. In the Middle East, if there's even a rumbling of you being an Atheist, you're hunted down like an animal. Same thing goes if you're a homosexual.

Can you imagine an America ruled by Christianity? First off, everyone who's gay will either be sent to gay camps or stoned to death. Same deal with Atheists. Progression has been halted and slowed due to religious disagreements. Do you know why it took decades for Darwin to publish his findings in Madagascar? His father was a preacher and he was afraid he would anger him. Galileo proved that the Earth revolved around the sun and was imprisoned for his findings.

Yes, religion has changed since then (the Inquisition and all), but it took years of fighting and progress to get to this point. If we had stayed the path, we'd probably still be utilizing the Inquisition.

Finally, if the argument for a Theocracy is morality, my question to you is what kind of sick monster is stopped from killing people only because they're afraid of going to hell? Isn't knowing that you'd rip families apart and destroy lives be enough?

Let's stay different and not be governed by a religion. Otherwise we may not be so different from the Middle East.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-16 19:24:37
Link | Citer | R

This is why we don't discuss religion on here 99% of you are anti religion.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-08-16 19:30:06
Link | Citer | R

Well, if people weren't so vehement about their religion and were willing to talk about it, I'd imagine we could actually have a decent amount of discourse. Also, this is technically the Politics and Religion thread, after all.

I'm not cutting down your belief system. I'm just saying how it wouldn't work as a government. It's too exclusive.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-16 19:43:08
Link | Citer | R

This ***is *** up, Husby isn't too far away from where I live

Quote:
Police and rescue services struggled on Monday night to cope as cars were torched in cities across Sweden.

In Husby, a suburb in northern Stockholm, emergency services were called at 2am to a parking garage.

“There was a lot of smoke. Two cars were totally burned out. There were 47 cars in total in that part of the garage and most of them have sustained smoke damage,” said Sven-Erik Olsson at Stockholm Police.

Police found a bottle of flammable liquid at the scene in Husby, an area that was at the centre of extensive unrest three years ago.

Earlier, at midnight, rescue service were also called out to Jordbro, a south-eastern suburb of Stockholm.

“Seven vehicles were on fire in the centre there,” said Olsson.

In Malmö, which has seen a rash of car burnings in recent days, police received reports of cars on fire in nine different places in the space of half an hour.

“We’ve received a lot of alerts about cars burning outdoors. Most of them are at addresses in Hyllie. We and the emergency services are getting there as quickly as we can,” said police press spokeswoman Anna Göransson.

But residents were forced in some cases to put the fires out themselves as rescue workers struggled to keep up.

“Residents have acted heroically They have put the fires out themselves with hand-held extinguishers. They are the only ones affected by this. It’s their cars that are burning,” said Göransson.

In Södertälje, 40km south of Stockholm, a biogas car was set alight in the Fornhöjden district.

In Borås in western Sweden, rescue services put out fires that had engulfed a motorbike and two mopeds.

Police made no arrests in any of the overnight cases.

On Monday police in Malmö arrested a 21-year-old man whose car contained cans of petrol and a hammer used to smash car glass, newspaper Sydsvenskan reported.

Former justice minister Beatrice Ask has called on the government to act.

“There has been an exceptional increase in the number of car fires over the years. A proper effort is needed now: more muscle for the police, more police officers, and the government needs to gather the authorities and insurance firms affected,” she told news agency TT.

The fires cost a lot of money for residents in the areas hardest hit, she added.

“Losing a car can mean that you’re not able to do your job.”

Roger Haddad from the Liberals said a greater police presence was needed in the affected areas.

“When people don’t feel secure shops move, businesses close, and social control disappears.”

Haddad also called for a law change making it easier to move abandoned cars, which he said were often the ones torched.

“It’s also the case that burned out cars are left there for weeks. That’s unacceptable and increases insecurity,” he said, adding that he was in favour of more surveillance cameras to help prevent car fires.

And in southern Sweden

Quote:
The wave of summer car burnings in Malmö has continued, with nine more set alight between Thursday night and Friday morning. And police have still been unable to catch any perpetrators, despite calling in extra resources.

The most-recent string of vehicle burnings started at just after 20:00 on Thursday evening, when five cars were set on fire in less than an hour across the Nydala, Rosengård, Östra Sorgenfri and Augustenborg neighbourhoods.

Later on in the night further cars were lit in Långängen, Hermodsdal, Lindängen and Kroksbäck, while a moped was also burned in Rosengård.

“This kind of pace won’t be sustained indefinitely,” Southern Sweden Police information officer Calle Persson told news agency TT.

Police say there have been no disturbances around the scenes of the fires when they arrived to investigate, and warned that the damage can spread.

“In several of the fires more than one car has been damaged. If a car is sitting beside the other it can get damaged,” Persson noted.

Over 70 car fires have occurred in Malmö since July 1st this year, and police have been left scratching their heads as to why the trend has occurred.

“A lot of cars have been burned in a short time now. We don’t know why it’s happening right now. We haven’t had any major social unrest,” Malmö police spokesperson Ewa-Gun Westford told TT.

In response to the burnings, the city’s police have now called in a helicopter from Gothenburg to assist in their search for perpetrators, but have been so far unable to make any arrests.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-16 19:49:28
Link | Citer | R

Dunno, they don't like to disclose information in an ongoing investigation, something called förundersökningssekretess that I can't find a word for lol

'Investigation secrecy'

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-16 20:19:41
Link | Citer | R

Geze Drac, you Sweeds just don't know how to do a barbecue do you?

You need to take a few lessons from Americans or Australians. Burning cars is even worse than using too much starter fluid.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-16 20:37:55
Link | Citer | R

Big difference between being anti-religion and not wanting your religion to dictate a country's laws.

But apparently when we repeat, "your religion should not dictate laws" that's all people hear.

And that makes sense, but there is a grey area there where religion and philosophy overlap, and quite frankly who gives a crap where someone gets the idea that, for example, murder is bad. If there's a practical, secular application for your religious belief, then you should be allowed to make the case for it. It just needs to specifically be mentioned that no religious organization should be in control of government.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-16 20:49:35
Link | Citer | R

About 2 hours ago 4 more cars were set on fire in Malmö

9th day in a row with fires now
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-17 01:41:20
Link | Citer | R

Even more cars destroyed in Norrköping <_<

12 were totally destroyed and 7 were nearby and only slightly damaged

So weird that they keep doing this
By Odinz 2016-08-17 03:45:45
Link | Citer | R

Big difference between being anti-religion and not wanting your religion to dictate a country's laws.

But apparently when we repeat, "your religion should not dictate laws" that's all people hear.
That's very anti-democratic.If the majority of a country want religious law, then who is anyone to say no?
Its biased to veto religion from government, law and policy based on your individual opinion. Unless you're an anarchist, this argument is inconsistant. Why do we have democracy, laws and government at all if we're going to impose our opinions on other nations?
This is the typical colonial thinking that put the world in the mess it is today. "we need to educate them" and "teach them our way of life".

Our way of life isn't so great. In fact, we've done exceptionally well by exploiting other cultures, peoples and resources. Our way of life exceptionally barbaric until we were influenced by "them" and their cultures. I'm not talking about the past 10 years. I'm talking about the past 1,000.

And what have we done for them? They exported science, poetry, spices, silks, exotic foods, coffee, tea, etc... we exported war, division, genocide, imperialism...

I'm not anti-european or west, but I am most certainly wise enough to understand there are different strokes for different folks.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 53 54 55