Random Politics & Religion #09

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #09
Random Politics & Religion #09
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 53 54 55
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-10 15:50:27
Link | Citer | R

Drama Torama said: »
fonewear said: »
I would like to see a leak of how the mods bad mouth us in private messages. Cant they do that ?

I don't really bother to hide my disdain
Modgate!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2016-08-10 15:51:01
Link | Citer | R

Drama Torama said: »
I would like to see a leak of how the mods bad mouth us in private messages. Cant they do that ?

I don't really bother to hide my disdain

You actually backread this stuff?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-08-10 15:51:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Don't worry guys, a president committing perjury is nothing new. Like husband, like wife.

She wouldn't even be prosecuted, she was just "extremely careless" when she lied under oath. Her carelessness was that she was caught.

She was "extremely careless" in her disposition statements.

lol

Achieving true "equality" is only possible through rigging the system.

What a joke.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-10 15:54:38
Link | Citer | R

Corruption! Lies! Deceit! Murder!

and then you have the Trump Campaign.

Welcome to Election 2016.
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Terlet Sangria 2016-08-10 16:01:44
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »

A necessary evil of the job, especially lately.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-10 16:16:31
Link | Citer | R

Terlet Sangria said: »

Could be worse.

You could work for the government.

Or the Clinton Foundation.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-10 16:17:31
Link | Citer | R

And, as the emails are starting to show, it looks like they are one and the same.

No conflict of interests here people, move along. Don't mind the foreign investments in Clinton Foundation and their possible links to the federal government.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-08-10 16:23:32
Link | Citer | R

And, as the emails are starting to show, it looks like they are one and the same.

No conflict of interests here people, move along. Don't mind the foreign investments in Clinton Foundation and their possible links to the federal government.

Hillary Clinton was indeed "extremely careless" when she set up a pay for play scheme in order to sell political influence to the highest international bidder.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-10 16:23:57
Link | Citer | R

There's nothing strange going on with the Clinton Foundation. It's just a charity!

With a lot of practice, one of these days I'll be able to say that with a straight face.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-08-10 16:24:21
Link | Citer | R

The Clinton's are the modern day version of "Bonnie and Clyde". They're robbing us blind.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-10 16:31:44
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Hillary Clinton was indeed "extremely careless" when she set up a pay for play scheme in order to sell political influence to the highest international bidder.
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
The Clinton's are the modern day version of "Bonnie and Clyde". They're robbing us blind.
Nonsense. They are robbing those "highest international bidders".
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-08-10 16:52:23
Link | Citer | R

Terlet Sangria said: »

Could be worse.

You could work for the government.

Or the Clinton Foundation.

No, I actually understand network security
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-10 17:07:00
Link | Citer | R

Individual users? We don't. P&R as a whole? Guilty.

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I have nothing to idea go ahead Wiki leaks do your worse !

I know your secrets.
If I had to watch that, I'd make sure I had a massive, coma-inducing amount of alcohol.

"Cool Cat is cooler than Barney the Dinosaur!"

Is that not...kinda bullying Barney?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-10 17:12:38
Link | Citer | R

I should also add that, while I hate smoking, those anti-smoking ads make me want to light up.

"Look at how *** cool I am because I don't smoke!" is the same as when people in the 50's said "Look at how cool I am because I smoke!"

No one has ever stopped being a massive *** up just because they did or didn't smoke. You won't fool me, dammit!
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-10 17:19:59
Link | Citer | R

Also, on the back of the DVD, it looks like Cool Cat's mom is wearing a yellow strap-on. I'm leaving it up though.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-10 18:38:58
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Also, on the back of the DVD, it looks like Cool Cat's mom is wearing a yellow strap-on. I'm leaving it up though.
I'm surprised you didn't say anything about the gun safety tips:

[+]
By maldini 2016-08-10 18:48:33
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Individual users? We don't. P&R as a whole? Guilty.

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
I have nothing to idea go ahead Wiki leaks do your worse !

I know your secrets.
If I had to watch that, I'd make sure I had a massive, coma-inducing amount of alcohol.

"Cool Cat is cooler than Barney the Dinosaur!"

Is that not...kinda bullying Barney?

My nephews school teachers told him to respond to bullying by reporting it to a teacher. So he did. She, the teacher, told the boys to play nice. They jumped him after school. He came home with a black eye.
So his dad and I went the next day after school and waited for him to point out the boys. We waited for their parents to pick them up.
We showed them my nephew's black eye, then made them a proposition.
Since there were two of them, the parents got to choose if they wanted me and my nephew to beat them down, or me and his dad to beat them down.

I think the next time those kids think of bullying someone they will remember their dad's trying to stand up for them and getting their *** beat, and then having a 14 year old kid and his uncle beating the *** out of them.

Never heard from that teacher again though. Nephew seems to be doing just fine too.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-10 18:50:38
Link | Citer | R

By maldini 2016-08-10 18:54:18
Link | Citer | R

Yeah its called fighting back.
Bullying rules at schools are to maintain order and peace for the teachers. They are not there to help the kids, build character or stop it. The rules exist to make it someone, other than the teacher's, problem.
By Bloodrose 2016-08-10 18:56:59
Link | Citer | R

The whole "tell a teacher or adult" thing has always been a crock of ***, particularly at school.

You tell a teacher, or "tattle/snitch" on someone, you got it worse than ever. And often times by more people than ever. Secondly, you have to tell a teacher who gives enough *** to do more than play depressed, and glorified babysitter who pretends that it's more work than they accepted as part of their duties to educate and look after some derpstain parents' snot nosed "expired mayo" brand child.

When the bullies aren't sure they're coming away from beating you up with a few bruises of their own, most of them tend to back down and enter a "cold war" period. Others, have and will use receiving bruises as a means to bully the victim even more, pulling out all the stops, like lying to their parents, and teachers, and having their friends (who are usually afraid of the ring leader of derps) lie for them as well. Which is kind of messed up when the schools will often have records of these kids doing the bullying as problem children.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-10 18:58:14
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
The whole "tell a teacher or adult" thing has always been a crock of ***, particularly at school.

Never works
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-10 18:59:08
Link | Citer | R

I got bullied > told teacher > meeting with them + teachers > didn't stop it > beat them the *** up > stopped
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-08-10 18:59:43
Link | Citer | R

maldini said: »

Yeah its called fighting back.
Bullying rules at schools are to maintain order and peace for the teachers. They are not there to help the kids, build character or stop it. The rules exist to make it someone, other than the teacher's, problem.
When I was still in grade 5, the Alberta school system adopted a ZERO Tolerance stance on bullying. Essentially what this did, was punish the victim further by forcing them to accept that being bullied is not OK, most of the time with suspensions. The bullies more often got in school suspensions, but no matter how bad things would get, they would never be expelled.

There was nothing in the policy that was enacted, that wasn't already in need of enforcement from previous anti-bullying rules and laws.
By Bloodrose 2016-08-10 19:02:53
Link | Citer | R

I was expelled from 3 different schools for "fighting", when it was really just self-defense. I never went further than I had to, to make people stop bullying me.

The biggest wtf moment for me in being expelled, was the first time. A known bully, and severely disturbed individual, according to school records, brought all his friends, and even some older kids from another school, to encircle me. The guidance councilor walked on by like nothing was happening.

She wanted to have me arrested for assaulting this other kid. Police said "Hahahaha! Nope. Self defense", so they expelled me "for my own safety".
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-10 19:06:23
Link | Citer | R

When the bullies aren't sure they're coming away from beating you up with a few bruises of their own, most of them tend to back down and enter a "cold war" period. Others, have and will use receiving bruises as a means to bully the victim even more, pulling out all the stops, like lying to their parents, and teachers, and having their friends (who are usually afraid of the ring leader of derps) lie for them as well. Which is kind of messed up when the schools will often have records of these kids doing the bullying as problem children.
In grade school I was tall, chubby, show off bright, sarcastic, and snarky. Needless to say I got bullied. Not by girls, by boys.

I could hold my own against two, sometimes three, but being an ambush predator worked so much better.

And keepaway... I could tell you stories....
By maldini 2016-08-10 19:08:29
Link | Citer | R

When I was still in grade 5, the Alberta school system adopted a ZERO Tolerance stance on bullying. Essentially what this did, was punish the victim further by forcing them to accept that being bullied is not OK, most of the time with suspensions. The bullies more often got in school suspensions, but no matter how bad things would get, they would never be expelled.

There was nothing in the policy that was enacted, that wasn't already in need of enforcement from previous anti-bullying rules and laws.

yup - exactly. Bullies benefit more from zero tolerance policies. Its utter ***.

When I was in highschool our PE teacher, Mr Stenning would settle things for us if we approached him. Kids would let him know which kids were the bullies and he would do stuff like pair them up with a bigger kid in wrestling. He would always take crossing duty because it allowed him to see everyone interact outside of school on their way home. If he caught wind of anything, he would always intimidate the bullies. Helps that he was an X professional football player. But try getting the school board to approve something like that and they would fire him.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-10 19:09:44
Link | Citer | R

You know blood, I think we might have a lot in common.

Except for the Canadian bit.
By Bloodrose 2016-08-10 19:14:10
Link | Citer | R

maldini said: »

yup - exactly. Bullies benefit more from zero tolerance policies. Its utter ***.

When I was in highschool our PE teacher, Mr Stenning would settle things for us if we approached him. Kids would let him know which kids were the bullies and he would do stuff like pair them up with a bigger kid in wrestling. He would always take crossing duty because it allowed him to see everyone interact outside of school on their way home. If he caught wind of anything, he would always intimidate the bullies. Helps that he was an X professional football player. But try getting the school board to approve something like that and they would fire him.
My dad used to be a boxer in reform school, so he used his methods of "toughening up"... most of which were just more extreme cases of adults abusing a child, but sad to say, they worked. He did teach me a few important lessons though, that I still carry with me.
I started weightlifting as early as grade 7. It was a daily regimen of mine all the way through to graduation. One thing the weightlifting thing did was give me confidence, and apparently, bullies are such big *** wusses, they seem to be afraid of confidence in others. They aren't the easy pickings they thought you were. Aside from the weight lifting, I did a lot of nerdy/geeky activities that would have gotten me beaten up otherwise.
By Bloodrose 2016-08-10 19:15:45
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
You know blood, I think we might have a lot in common.

Except for the Canadian bit.
Being Canadian...
[+]
By maldini 2016-08-10 19:26:35
Link | Citer | R

My dad's military. I remember going from "yay dad's home! what did you get me dad!?" at age 7 to "oh ***he's home. everyone hide. turn off the tv. grab your homework and look busy" at the age of 13.

Me and my brothers were all put into boxing at young ages because none of us wanted to join any of the sports teams.

I dont resent my old man for those days of discipline though. When all my friends were dressing like Maralyn Manson and Trent Reznor, tatoos and peircings all over their bodies, I was sporting a clean crew cut and being sent on errands all across town, paying bills, doing groceries, babysitting, cleaning out the garage. One of my friends dad got him a huge bottle of Jack Daniels for his 16th birthday. His life didn't turn out great.

All my friends are flunkies now.
My dad is pretty ok in my books - I can actually smile when I remember the beatings I got now lol.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 53 54 55