Random Politics & Religion #09

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #09
Random Politics & Religion #09
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 53 54 55
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-09 18:44:47
Link | Citer | R

And people were bitchy about my headline?

I mean, HuffPost did the exact same thing. But like I said before, if the left says it, it's sensationalism and therefor ok.

How is any of this not libel?
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-08-09 19:40:40
Link | Citer | R

How is that not a thinly veiled call for violence? Sharron Angle suggested something similar and she got the same backlash, but at least in her case she didn't word it directly at her opponent. Seriously, who phrases it that way? Or is this another one of those "jokes" that everyone doesn't get because civil people wouldn't even say anything like that in jest during a *** presidential campaign?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-09 19:54:52
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
How is that not a thinly veiled call for violence?
What, telling people to vote?

Yup, that's really a thinly veiled call for violence there.

Did you even listen to what he said, or are you just going to listen what Chris Mathews says?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-08-09 20:06:17
Link | Citer | R

"Maybe there is. I don't know."

So, like, maybe they can vote? He doesn't know apparently.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-09 20:10:12
Link | Citer | R

He is telling a crowd that if Clinton wins, then there is nothing they can do about her selection of the Supreme Court justice. So, he makes a suggestion to get the vote out.

Sounds very violent, don't you think? Telling people to get the vote out.

The horror! We must lock him up for spreading democracy around! That traitor! What does he think this is, a democracy? You should all accept Clinton as your new Queen, it's been declared by the DNC, remember those emails?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-09 20:13:55
Link | Citer | R

So why didn't he say get the vote out then?

Doesn't this guy have the best words?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-08-09 20:21:47
Link | Citer | R

Pretty laughable comments from Trump even ignoring the mysterious comment at the end. He is lying about Clinton wanting to abolish the 2nd Amendment, he is lying about her entire stance on the issue. She has never even come close to advocating that because she knows its impossible. Trump is running the radical ideas campaign, not Clinton. Amending the Constitution is quite a feat, and the normal process doesn't even involve the Supreme Court. The guy is just delusional.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-09 20:25:58
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Pretty laughable comments from Trump even ignoring the mysterious comment at the end. He is lying about Clinton wanting to abolish the 2nd Amendment, he is lying about her entire stance on the issue. She has never even come close to advocating that because she knows its impossible. Trump is running the radical ideas campaign, not Clinton. Amending the Constitution is quite a feat, and the normal process doesn't even involve the Supreme Court. The guy is just delusional.
To be fair, Trump is right about one thing; he's an outsider. Like many outsiders (in regards to politics) he is most likely heavily influenced by the media. People don't fear having their guns taken because some politician suggests it, they fear it because the media and the NRA tell them to.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-09 20:44:16
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Stop listening to Chris Mathews for once in your life.

He isn't saying that Clinton is going to abolish the 2nd Amendment, he is saying that her choice in the Supreme Court justice is going to directly influence gun laws as they are now.

What he is actually saying is for people to go out and vote.

The media is spinning it to sound otherwise. And liberals wonder why nobody is taking the media seriously anymore....
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-08-09 20:49:57
Link | Citer | R

Who is Chris Matthews? Trump has gone on the record several times saying Clinton wants to abolish the 2nd Amendment, including today. Maybe you are just listening to the sound byte and not actually reading the transcript?
By fonewear 2016-08-09 20:51:18
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
How is that not a thinly veiled call for violence? Sharron Angle suggested something similar and she got the same backlash, but at least in her case she didn't word it directly at her opponent. Seriously, who phrases it that way? Or is this another one of those "jokes" that everyone doesn't get because civil people wouldn't even say anything like that in jest during a *** presidential campaign?

Civil people wouldn't say such things ? Where pretell are all the civil people in politics ?
By fonewear 2016-08-09 20:51:36
Link | Citer | R

pray tell *
By fonewear 2016-08-09 20:52:24
Link | Citer | R

If you are looking to be civil I would suggest anyone avoid a career in politics. Politics has never been civil.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-09 20:57:24
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
If you are looking to be civil I would suggest anyone avoid a career in politics. Politics has never been civil.

That's not true. I'm pretty sure the U.S. once had a war over which side was the most civil.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-09 21:00:40
Link | Citer | R

Not to cast aspersions on my fellow internet strangers but have you seen some of the things people post on here ? And you want to be civilized bosh flimshaw !
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-09 21:01:01
Link | Citer | R

Oh, I see. "The second amendment people" comment. Yeah, the implications were probably twisted but still, that's not a good thing to say. Lol
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-08-09 21:03:51
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Oh, I see. "The second amendment people" comment. Yeah, the implications were probably twisted but still, that's not a good thing to say. Lol

I honestly wouldn't have minded if the general approach to the comment was more like this. But those people that are screaming that Trump is calling for Hillary's assassination? Yeah, they're idiots.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-09 21:04:53
Link | Citer | R

The difference between Trump and Hillary is Trump says the things to everyone. Hillary just says all the nasty stuff behind their backs.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-09 21:07:38
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »

I honestly wouldn't have minded if the general approach to the comment was more like this. But those people that are screaming that Trump is calling for Hillary's assassination? Yeah, they're idiots.
It's very easy for the paranoid to take it that way though.

It's not what he said, it's how he said it.

"She had a crack baby." - Zach Galifinakis

"She had a crack, baby!" - Zach Galifinakis
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-09 21:08:49
Link | Citer | R

He left it vague but classic Trump baiting.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-09 21:09:21
Link | Citer | R

He knows how to work his crowd.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-08-09 21:09:58
Link | Citer | R

That's not true. I'm pretty sure the U.S. once had a war over which side was the most civil.
The Civil War: Held only to decide who was the most civil party in America!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-09 21:14:42
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »

The War of Liberal Aggression.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-08-09 21:15:13
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Bloodrose said: »

The War of Liberal Passive-Aggression.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-08-09 22:18:24
Link | Citer | R

Go back to your maple syrup, ya Canuck!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-10 04:18:15
Link | Citer | R

maldini said: »
1. Palestinian state with 1967 borders
First you need someone reasonable in place of Netanyancat and someone who isn't a terrorist in place of Hamass.
2. return gollan heights to Syria
In relation to the part I striked above: 70 years of war are enough. Israel conquered yeah, but it's time to stop fighting. Wars sometimes are lost, preserving lives is more important.

3. Kurds given their own state
Never gonna happen as long as Erdogan lives.

4. Truce and treaty between Saudi Arabia and Iran
You seem to onesidedly accuse Iran of ***. By all means it's not a land of freedom, but Saudi is a bane on this planet, let's not pretend like they're good guys here.

5. Normalized ties and relationship with Israel
I'm afraid we're a couple of centuries -or wars- away from this...

6. Bashar Al Assad to exit power, Russia given guarantees of continued access to warm water ports. New constitution written.
I don't know about the constitution, but al Assad will be gone eventually. It's just been a bit complicated to make it happen with people fighting each other on all sides..

7. Independent state of Kashmir created.
I don't think this is possible.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-10 09:34:21
Link | Citer | R

In "Giving Clinton another pass, but we would certainly condemn anyone else, especially Trump, if they did the same thing" news:

Emails Renew Questions About Clinton Foundation and State Dept. Overlap

(Mind you, this wasn't headlines, this was already in the archives, even though this story was released late last night)

Quote:
WASHINGTON — A new batch of State Department emails released Tuesday showed the close and sometimes overlapping interests between the Clinton Foundation and the State Department when Hillary Clinton served as secretary of state.

The documents raised new questions about whether the charitable foundation worked to reward its donors with access and influence at the State Department, a charge that Mrs. Clinton has faced in the past and has always denied.

In one email exchange, for instance, an executive at the Clinton Foundation in 2009 sought to put a billionaire donor in touch with the United States ambassador to Lebanon because of the donor’s interests there.

In another email, the foundation appeared to push aides to Mrs. Clinton to help find a job for a foundation associate. Her aides indicated that the department was working on the request.

Mrs. Clinton’s presidential campaign, which has been shadowed for 17 months by the controversy over the private email server she used exclusively while at the State Department, said that the emails released Tuesday had no bearing on the foundation’s work.

The State Department turned the new emails over to a conservative advocacy group, Judicial Watch, as part of a lawsuit that the group brought under the Freedom of Information Act.

The documents included 44 emails that were not among some 55,000 pages of emails that Mrs. Clinton had previously given to the State Department, which she said represented all her “work-related” emails. The document release centers on discussions between Mrs. Clinton’s aides and Clinton Foundation executives about a number of donors and associates with interests before the State Department.

Tom Fitton, the president of Judicial Watch, charged that Mrs. Clinton “hid” the documents from the public because they appeared to contradict her official pledge in 2009 to remove herself from Clinton Foundation business while leading the State Department.

The documents indicate, he said in a telephone interview, that “the State Department and the Clinton Foundation worked hand in hand in terms of policy and donor effort.”

“There was no daylight between the two under Mrs. Clinton, and this was contrary to her promises,” he added.

A number of the email exchanges released Tuesday included Huma Abedin, who was a top adviser to Mrs. Clinton at the State Department and later worked at the Clinton Foundation.

In April 2009, Douglas J. Band, who led the foundation’s Clinton Global Initiative, emailed Ms. Abedin and Cheryl D. Mills, another top adviser to Mrs. Clinton, for help with a donor.

Mr. Band wrote that he needed to connect Gilbert Chagoury, a Lebanese-Nigerian billionaire who was one of the foundation’s top donors, with someone at the State Department to talk about his interests in Lebanon.

“It’s jeff feltman,” Ms. Abedin answered, referring to Jeffrey Feltman, who was the American ambassador to Lebanon at the time. “I’m sure he knows him. I’ll talk to jeff.”

Mr. Band asked her to call Mr. Chagoury immediately if possible. “This is very important,” he wrote.

In a separate email exchange, Mr. Band passed along to Ms. Abedin and Ms. Mills a request for “a favor” from an associate who had recently been on a Clinton Foundation trip to Haiti and was apparently seeking work at the State Department.

The State Department deleted much of the information about the associate, including his name and the outcome of the job referral, in turning over the emails to Judicial Watch.

In one undeleted section, however, Mr. Band wrote that it was “important to take care of” the associate’s request. A short time later, Ms. Abedin wrote back to say: “We all have him on our radar. Personnel has been sending him options.”

The Clinton campaign suggested that Mr. Band was acting in his capacity as former President Bill Clinton’s personal assistant, not in his role overseeing the Clinton Global Initiative.

Regarding the exchanges between Mr. Band and Mrs. Clinton’s aides, the campaign said in a statement: “Neither of these emails involve the secretary or relate to the foundation’s work. They are communications between her aides and the president’s personal aide, and indeed the recommendation was for one of the secretary’s former staffers who was not employed by the foundation.” The campaign did not elaborate.

The F.B.I. spent more than a year examining Mrs. Clinton’s use of a private email account, but it is not clear how the work of the Clinton Foundation figured into that investigation.

James B. Comey Jr., the F.B.I. director, was noticeably circumspect in an appearance last month before the House oversight committee when Republicans questioned whether the investigation had looked at the Clinton Foundation. Twice, he declined to say.

What's troubling is that these weren't released in the Clinton emails, but they were addressed to Clinton herself, so that begs to question how many emails during Clinton's tenure of SOS were not released?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-08-10 09:46:47
Link | Citer | R

Pay2Play
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-08-10 09:52:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Article and commentary

*sigh*

You know, if the South wanted to go ahead and rise again, the timing is ideal. If they put forth a candidate who wasn't completely asstastic (or, inversely, that was asstastic in an aesthetically pleasing way at least?), I'd consider their proposal. -.-;
By fonewear 2016-08-10 10:36:34
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Pay2Play

Coming to a FFXI near you !
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 53 54 55