Random Politics & Religion #09

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #09
Random Politics & Religion #09
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 53 54 55
By Blazed1979 2016-08-02 22:22:35
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Screwed the image up

Its ok there is a rumor the US can zap ballistic missiles from deathstars now.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-02 22:22:59
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Random 2nd Amendment-ish thought: If someone tries to mug you and you're stone cold enough to disarm him and drive him away, what happens to the weapon? Can you keep it, risking having criminal evidence, do you turn it in?

The thing is it may be registered to someone else or could possibly be a unregistered weapon due to illegal gun running that goes on.

You could keep it but will run the risk of having a unregistered gun which I personally don't find any issue with. Registration is code for government to dig into your privacy to see what you have so they can gather up enough force to take your property.

Or you could turn it in to your local police station so they can confiscate it. Which some states programs to turn in weapons that I strongly disagree with.
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-02 22:24:47
Link | Citer | R

Well, the suspicious guy was in a park with a police officer stationed there who would've made me surrender it. Nothing happened but I kinda wondered.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-02 22:29:11
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Lordgrim said: »
You could keep it but will run the risk of having a unregistered gun which I personally don't find any issue with. Registration is code for government to dig into your privacy to see what you have so they can gather up enough force to take your property.
I only have like three guns registered but I don't have anything to hide so I don't care.

...now if they have an issue with me removing the hammer safety from my Schofield clone, *** them. It was throwing things out of timing.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-02 22:30:18
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Face it, Obama got the peace prize just for not being Bush.

Whether you are a liberal or a conservative, or a Martian for that mater, you must admit hid hadn't earned it then and hasn't since.

Some of my friends are classic liberals and they were ALL WTF?

But then again not being Bush was BIG. Just not that big.

Obama is a bigger warmonger then Bush. Obama got involved in more foreign campaigns then Bush face those facts, both are terrible leaders.

This shows you proof the United Nations will hand out medals to any tyrant.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-02 22:31:49
Link | Citer | R

I'd honestly rather have a gun registered so I'll know it wasn't stolen and if it was involved in a crime, there's a paper trail to tell them that no, I didn't do it.

My take on it anyway.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-02 22:37:24
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Face it, Obama got the peace prize just for not being Bush.

Whether you are a liberal or a conservative, or a Martian for that mater, you must admit hid hadn't earned it then and hasn't since.

Some of my friends are classic liberals and they were ALL WTF?

But then again not being Bush was BIG. Just not that big.

You must of missed the article of the secretary who gave it to Obama he said it was a Mistake because Obama continued the same war campaign and expanded it
By Blazed1979 2016-08-02 22:38:01
Link | Citer | R

Obama is a bigger warmonger then Bush. Obama got involved in more foreign campaigns then Bush face those facts, both are terrible leaders.
Look man, those wars were not just started by Bush and continued by Obama.

Bush = evil spirit
Presidency = body
Obama = spirit

Bush was having sex. He was just about to bust a nut, when his term ended. In comes Obama to the presidency. And he's like "OH ***WE'RE AT THE POINT OF NO RETURN, I CAN'T HOLD THIS IN!"

Its Bush's fault.

I hope that explains it in terms you can understand.
By Blazed1979 2016-08-02 22:40:04
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-02 22:46:55
Link | Citer | R

You can't keep blaming other people's problems that you took the job over from to continue doing the same problems and expanding on them.

Hillary wants to continue Obama's legacy which should raise some really big *** RED FLAGS to the world and american voters that she will continue the practice of violating nations sovereignty and keep the global war going.

Enough is enough we need to change the definition of Peace back to leaving people alone.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-02 23:04:56
Link | Citer | R

There has been too much Sunni and Jewish enfluence in Obama's administration in foreign policy and domestic policy.

It's high time we have American influence and not a select few in Washington DC.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-03 02:22:35
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Meanwhile, back on Earth, Nobel Peace Prize winning President Obama announced the start of a "30 Day" US Airstrike Campaign in Libya, a nation in complete chaos after Hillary Clinton woke up one morning and decided to overthrow the government. You wouldn't hear about something this insignificant in the media though.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Day 5 of fake outrage over a Donald Trump comment. You know, the stuff that really matters when selecting a President.

These political parties have a weird definition of what Peace is, now its a 30 day aerial bombardment, it use to be Pre-emptive invasion over lies, before that it was black flag operations on our own soil to create a "new enemy" to push perpetual never ending war for their agenda of making a new definition of Peace.
I guess being informed is overrated these days.
The officially recognized government of Lybia requested the aid of US in the war. This is not a one-sided american initiative, they're assisting the nation.

Hell I posted this right after it appeared on the news.

All this talk of lying politicians and here they are the same posters making facts up to fit a narrative.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-03 02:40:51
Link | Citer | R

Gaddafi was the legitimate government no matter what your opinion of him is.

Of course the Democrat and Republican parties will recognize any group that only goes along with Washington DCs agenda.

I know full well of my governments assistance of the coup in Libya and in other nations. It was wrong for the US government to impose no fly zones over Libya so they couldn't utilize their airforce.

And all of this because Gaddafi wanted to stop using US dollars and only accept Gold which Libya has plenty of for oil.

The US or any other nations have no authority to tell a nation what they can use as money. And in doing so are in violation of national sovereignty of the nation targeted and should have war crimes placed on them or sanctions.

Wake up Dorothy your not in Kansas anymore, I'm well enough informed and I am going to change The US focus from outside our borders to inside specifically on the Democrat and Republican political parties. These war criminals will get their justice.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-03 02:55:25
Link | Citer | R

You read it here first.

The Washington DC Trials will be bigger than the Nuremberg trials.

No nation should harbor or accept residency of any former or current serving Democrat or Republican that is alive.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-03 02:57:35
Link | Citer | R

That's a strawman. We were talking about the 30 days airstrikes starting now in Lybia, not the past. Too easy to "win" a debate when you shift the topic where it's more convenient.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-03 03:06:08
Link | Citer | R

It's not a Strawman or whatever you want to call it. Your seeing the coup government either can't enforce it's laws or is going against Washington DCs agenda and is getting US taxpayer money bombs dropped in their nation for 30 days.

This wouldn't be happening if we left Libya alone under Gaddafi he was trying to improve the economic situation for the continent of Africa which is rich in minerals and natural resources but of course like it has always been it goes against the US and UN agenda.

Africa Is not allowed to prosperity nor any other region unless approved by Washington DC through the gang called United Nations
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-03 03:12:12
Link | Citer | R

Don't give a *** what you have to say. The topic introduced was the legitimacy of the current airstrikes. Hint: they are legitimate.

Continue blogging.
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-03 03:15:55
Link | Citer | R

Those airstrikes should not be happening at all. I am positive we can divert US tax payer money to be used only improving development of the United States. These 50 states need a lot of work.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-03 06:48:33
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
(CNN)Australia is deliberately abusing refugees in an offshore detention camp to try to stop people seeking asylum in their country by boat, human rights groups claim in a new report.
Daily violence, suicide attempts and children left without medical treatment were among some of the allegations documented by Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch during a visit to Australia's detention center on the remote Pacific Island of Nauru in July.

Human Rights Watch Children's Rights Division senior counsel Michael Bochenek was one of two researchers who visited the island with a legal visa, but without notifying authorities directly of his intent or who he worked for.

"In my experience there is no other developed country that I can think of who has pursued this course of conduct with people who are fleeing persecution, who are seeking freedom, who are accused of no crime," Bochenek told CNN.
"There is no parallel for this."
The rights groups said the Australian government was well aware of the issues on Nauru and appeared to be using them to deter other potential asylum seekers.
However, Australian officials said they had not been contacted about the allegations and strongly denied "many" of them.

"We would strongly encourage Amnesty International to contact the Department before airing allegations of this kind. The Department strongly refutes many of the allegations in the report," said an Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection spokesman. He didn't specify which ones.

In their interviews with refugees kept indefinitely on the island, released in a report on Wednesday, Amnesty and Human Rights Watch documented tales of fear, anger and despair.
"People here don't have a real life. We are just surviving. We are dead souls in living bodies," one woman told researchers. "We are just husks. We don't have any hope or motivation."
During his visit to the island, Bochenek said refugees told him they experienced regular harassment from locals, poor medical treatment and often discussed killing themselves, including children as young as 10.
"What's going through the mind of a 10-year-old who is thinking about killing herself?" Bochenek said.
More than 20 refugees interviewed by the researchers said they had been robbed or assaulted by Nauruans, including one man who was hit on the head with a machete.
One woman who has chronic illness which caused her to develop lumps in her breasts, throat and uterus said she could never complete treatment at a offshore hospital before she was forced back to Nauru.

"When I was in Australia, my doctor told immigration that I needed surgery for my breasts, but they still sent me back. My problems deteriorated... they gave me some pills, but they are not working, and I am in constant pain and cannot eat anything," a woman told the not-for-profit workers.
Researchers were told children in Nauru suffered from serious mental health problems such as bed wetting or even completing stopping communication, while most faced regular bullying at school.
Some young asylum seekers told Amnesty International and Humans Rights Watch that they had stopped going to school as a result.

Since 2012, refugees arriving in Australia by boat have been transferred to offshore centers in small pacific nations such as Nauru and Papua New Guinea's Manus Island, to make it clear they would not be settling in Australia.
Successive Australian leaders have defended the policy as humanitarian, to stop people drowning at sea, despite multiple reports of abuses at the country's offshore camps.
Between 2007 and 2013, the Australian government says at least 1,200 people lost their lives trying to make the journey over water.
In February, the Australian High Court upheld the government's right to hold the asylum seekers.
As of the end of June, Australia government records say that 442 people were in detention on Nauru, including a number of children, from Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria, among other places.
The Nauru government operates the detention center with support from Australia and private contractors.
In 2014, Iranian asylum seeker Reza Berati was beaten to death during a protest on Manus Island while in 2016, a man and a woman died in separate incidents after setting themselves on fire at the detention center on Nauru.

In January 2016, CNN spoke to former and current child detainees at the Nauru camp, who said it was "the worst place [they'd] ever seen for children."
Speaking to CNN, Australian director of Human Rights Watch Elaine Pearson said the country's policy towards refugees had been a "horrible human experiment."
"It seems to be a very deliberate policy to maintain a certain level of cruelty... I can't think of many other countries who would go to such lengths to inflict this level of suffering on people," she said.
Broadspectrum, who are the private company responsible for many aspects of refugees' care on Nauru, not including medical, said through a spokesman they had also been unaware of the report until Monday.
"[We] were not given a genuine opportunity to respond to the various unsubstantiated assertions and allegations before the report was published," he said.
The Australian and Nauru governments make it very difficult for journalists to see the detention center firsthand.
The Nauru government charges media an A$8,000 dollar (around US$5,800) nonrefundable visa fee per application.
The Australian Immigration department requires journalists who wish to apply to visit Australian detention centers to first sign a form saying they will not interview any detainees, and that they will submit all their content to the government for screening.
They forbid pictures, video and audio records of detainees. The government says this is in order to protect their privacy.
Nauru's government has been contacted for comment.
By Blazed1979 2016-08-03 08:02:07
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Quote:
(CNN)Australia is deliberately abusing refugees in an offshore detention camp to try to stop people seeking asylum in their country by boat, human rights groups claim in a new report.
Daily violence, suicide attempts and children left without medical treatment were among some of the allegations documented by Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch during a visit to Australia's detention center on the remote Pacific Island of Nauru in July.

Human Rights Watch Children's Rights Division senior counsel Michael Bochenek was one of two researchers who visited the island with a legal visa, but without notifying authorities directly of his intent or who he worked for.

"In my experience there is no other developed country that I can think of who has pursued this course of conduct with people who are fleeing persecution, who are seeking freedom, who are accused of no crime," Bochenek told CNN.
"There is no parallel for this."
The rights groups said the Australian government was well aware of the issues on Nauru and appeared to be using them to deter other potential asylum seekers.
However, Australian officials said they had not been contacted about the allegations and strongly denied "many" of them.

"We would strongly encourage Amnesty International to contact the Department before airing allegations of this kind. The Department strongly refutes many of the allegations in the report," said an Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection spokesman. He didn't specify which ones.

In their interviews with refugees kept indefinitely on the island, released in a report on Wednesday, Amnesty and Human Rights Watch documented tales of fear, anger and despair.
"People here don't have a real life. We are just surviving. We are dead souls in living bodies," one woman told researchers. "We are just husks. We don't have any hope or motivation."
During his visit to the island, Bochenek said refugees told him they experienced regular harassment from locals, poor medical treatment and often discussed killing themselves, including children as young as 10.
"What's going through the mind of a 10-year-old who is thinking about killing herself?" Bochenek said.
More than 20 refugees interviewed by the researchers said they had been robbed or assaulted by Nauruans, including one man who was hit on the head with a machete.
One woman who has chronic illness which caused her to develop lumps in her breasts, throat and uterus said she could never complete treatment at a offshore hospital before she was forced back to Nauru.

"When I was in Australia, my doctor told immigration that I needed surgery for my breasts, but they still sent me back. My problems deteriorated... they gave me some pills, but they are not working, and I am in constant pain and cannot eat anything," a woman told the not-for-profit workers.
Researchers were told children in Nauru suffered from serious mental health problems such as bed wetting or even completing stopping communication, while most faced regular bullying at school.
Some young asylum seekers told Amnesty International and Humans Rights Watch that they had stopped going to school as a result.

Since 2012, refugees arriving in Australia by boat have been transferred to offshore centers in small pacific nations such as Nauru and Papua New Guinea's Manus Island, to make it clear they would not be settling in Australia.
Successive Australian leaders have defended the policy as humanitarian, to stop people drowning at sea, despite multiple reports of abuses at the country's offshore camps.
Between 2007 and 2013, the Australian government says at least 1,200 people lost their lives trying to make the journey over water.
In February, the Australian High Court upheld the government's right to hold the asylum seekers.
As of the end of June, Australia government records say that 442 people were in detention on Nauru, including a number of children, from Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria, among other places.
The Nauru government operates the detention center with support from Australia and private contractors.
In 2014, Iranian asylum seeker Reza Berati was beaten to death during a protest on Manus Island while in 2016, a man and a woman died in separate incidents after setting themselves on fire at the detention center on Nauru.

In January 2016, CNN spoke to former and current child detainees at the Nauru camp, who said it was "the worst place [they'd] ever seen for children."
Speaking to CNN, Australian director of Human Rights Watch Elaine Pearson said the country's policy towards refugees had been a "horrible human experiment."
"It seems to be a very deliberate policy to maintain a certain level of cruelty... I can't think of many other countries who would go to such lengths to inflict this level of suffering on people," she said.
Broadspectrum, who are the private company responsible for many aspects of refugees' care on Nauru, not including medical, said through a spokesman they had also been unaware of the report until Monday.
"[We] were not given a genuine opportunity to respond to the various unsubstantiated assertions and allegations before the report was published," he said.
The Australian and Nauru governments make it very difficult for journalists to see the detention center firsthand.
The Nauru government charges media an A$8,000 dollar (around US$5,800) nonrefundable visa fee per application.
The Australian Immigration department requires journalists who wish to apply to visit Australian detention centers to first sign a form saying they will not interview any detainees, and that they will submit all their content to the government for screening.
They forbid pictures, video and audio records of detainees. The government says this is in order to protect their privacy.
Nauru's government has been contacted for comment.

White English people who stole land from the native inhabitants across the world through force, refusing refuge to people who are suffering as a result of their centuries of imperialism and oppression. Sounds about right to me.

Anglo Saxons and some europeans understand one thing and one thing alone; Might is right.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-08-03 08:10:33
Link | Citer | R

That History lesson should teach you the value of seriously protecting your border.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-08-03 08:11:18
Link | Citer | R

Blazed1979 said: »
Anglo Saxons and some europeans understand one thing and one thing alone; Might is right.

...and this doesn't apply to any other government or culture out there? Just white guys?

Not just saying the following to Blazed. I'm saying it to everyone.

If you're still stuck in this base, primitive mindset of viewing the problems in the world right now in an "us vs. them" mentality, you're part of the mother *** problem.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-03 08:11:33
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
That History lesson should teach you the value of seriously protecting your border.

I think we should send all the Syrian refugees to live with Hillary if she gets elected.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-08-03 08:15:37
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Don't give a *** what you have to say. The topic introduced was the legitimacy of the current airstrikes. Hint: they are legitimate.

Continue blogging.

The topic introduced was the fact that we are bombing the ***out of Libya now years after Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama overthrew the government for no reason. Fresh in their minds they had the History lesson of the Iraq War and the aftermath of regime change yet they went ahead and did it anyway. They destroyed the Nation of Libya that was of zero threat to the United States or its interests. They had completely disarmed their nuclear program years prior. This story is buried in the media. It shows the absolutely terrible judgement of Obama and Clinton especially when you compile it with their obsession with regime change in Syria and the absolute massacre that occurred in the years that followed to present. Rather than even mention these airstrikes the media moves onto Day 6 of fake outrage over a Trump comment that means absolutely nothing and has zero effect on anyone.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-03 08:22:13
Link | Citer | R

Don't worry people the Summer Olympics will keep you uninformed for most of August.

There could be a nuclear war in the Middle East but you will be watching Michael Phelps swim !
[+]
By Blazed1979 2016-08-03 08:23:33
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
If you're still stuck in this base, primitive mindset of viewing the problems in the world right now in an "us vs. them" mentality, you're part of the mother *** problem.
That's very convenient for the oppressor to tell the oppressed after the damage is done and the current status quo isn't equitable.

Tell that to the Africans who are until this day having their resources and land pillaged, with warlords installed.

such ignorance is appalling.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-03 08:27:46
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Which is the 2016 election cycle...
By fonewear 2016-08-03 08:30:29
Link | Citer | R

Hillary is about bringing people together to vote for her...then dividing them after she gets elected.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 53 54 55