Random Politics & Religion #09

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #09
Random Politics & Religion #09
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 53 54 55
By Bloodrose 2016-08-02 19:36:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
that's one of our smaller steaks.

We roast the whole heifer.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-02 19:38:51
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Seoul (CNN)North Korea fired a ballistic missile around 7:50 a.m. Wednesday, according to the South Korean Joint Chiefs of Staff.
The missile was launched from an area in North Korea's South Hwanghae province, in the country's southwest.

It's not yet clear what type of missile was fired.
On July 19, North Korea fired three ballistic missiles off its eastern coast.
Those were believed to be short-range, Scud or Rodong type and flew 300 to 380 miles (500 to 600 kilometers), said Jeon Ha-gyu, spokesman for the South Korean Joint Chiefs of Staff.
North Korean state media said Kim Jong Un, the country's leader, personally "provided field guidance" for that drill.
Last month, South Korea announced it will deploy the advanced U.S THAAD missile defense system in Seongju County, about 155 miles (250 kilometers) southeast of Seoul.
What is THAAD?
When active, the system should be able to defend two-thirds of South Korea from an attack by its northern neighbor.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-02 19:41:56
Link | Citer | R

For those who don't know what THAAD is

Quote:
Hong Kong (CNN)The Terminal High Altitude Area Defense system (THAAD) is designed to shoot down short, medium and intermediate ballistic missiles, just the type of weapons North Korea claims it has.
Each THAAD system is comprised of five major components: interceptors, launchers, a radar, a fire control unit and support equipment, according to Lockheed Martin, the security and aerospace company that serves as the prime contractor for the equipment.

Here's how it works, Lockheed Martin says.
The radar first detects an incoming missile. Those manning the system identify the threat. Then, a launcher mounted to a truck fires a projectile, which Lockheed Martin calls an "interceptor," at the ballistic missile in the hopes of destroying it using kinetic energy -- basically just its sheer speed.

Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-02 19:42:11
Link | Citer | R

Screwed the image up

Phoenix.Xantavia
Serveur: Phoenix
user: xantavia
By Phoenix.Xantavia 2016-08-02 19:50:18
Link | Citer | R

maldini said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
That's some not so interesting ***.
There's more to it than "***".

https://markturrell.wordpress.com/2012/03/18/sex-and-the-brain-how-neuroscience-may-soon-change-all-our-relationships-6/

There was also a study, (can't find it) about the relationship between a female's vagina and her partner's penis. Sexual intercourse renewed neuron pathways in the female's brain. The pathways eroded over time and went dormant after a period of 3 months without sexual intercourse with her partner. The same was not observed for men.
I can't remember how I stumbled upon it but I remember it was a Jewish professor who did the study over 3 decades and more than 200 couples.

Happy hunting.
I believe it was also revealed through the work of Steve Koren, how a lack of sex really affects the brain of a woman.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-02 20:31:58
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Even though my wife has had celiac disease since childhood and can't eat gluten, she has never once tried to push me onto her diet. People who try to enforce their radical diets on others drive me nuts, especially when it's a sudden change. I completely respect vegetarians/vegans/etc. for their convictions, but wow can people be obnoxious about it. Just out of protest, I'm more inclined to buy a hamburger whenever I see a condescending PETA post on Facebook.

I"m a vegetarian and the only thing I force on people is beer.
By fonewear 2016-08-02 20:32:42
Link | Citer | R

Garuda.Chanti said: »
After back reading a bit....

1, Marriage ain't THAT bad. I was married once, we parted friends, indeed we got back together many years later when he had two kids. I got to play wicked stepmother. It was fun. We are still friends.

2, If you can't be faithful find a partner into open relationships. Its so much better than running around behind someone's back.

3, Vegetarian and vegan diets can be healthy diets, even for kids. But you have to work at stuff like balancing proteins. Problem is there are too many bambi principal vegetarians who just find meat icky and know nothing about nutrition. The worst is fruitarian. I don't think its possible to have a balanced fruitarian diet.

There is hope for even me then !
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-08-02 20:46:54
Link | Citer | R

Meanwhile, back on Earth, Nobel Peace Prize winning President Obama announced the start of a "30 Day" US Airstrike Campaign in Libya, a nation in complete chaos after Hillary Clinton woke up one morning and decided to overthrow the government. You wouldn't hear about something this insignificant in the media though.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Day 5 of fake outrage over a Donald Trump comment. You know, the stuff that really matters when selecting a President.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-08-02 20:52:09
Link | Citer | R

lol ok
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-08-02 20:54:32
Link | Citer | R

Let me guess, you didn't even hear about it.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Serveur: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-08-02 20:57:05
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Meanwhile, back on Earth, Nobel Peace Prize winning President Obama announced the start of a "30 Day" US Airstrike Campaign in Libya, a nation in complete chaos after Hillary Clinton woke up one morning and decided to overthrow the government. You wouldn't hear about something this insignificant in the media though.

Now back to your regularly scheduled Day 5 of fake outrage over a Donald Trump comment. You know, the stuff that really matters when selecting a President.

These political parties have a weird definition of what Peace is, now its a 30 day aerial bombardment, it use to be Pre-emptive invasion over lies, before that it was black flag operations on our own soil to create a "new enemy" to push perpetual never ending war for their agenda of making a new definition of Peace.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2016-08-02 20:59:18
Link | Citer | R

And you have to admire the military genius of announcing to the enemy that it will only be 30 Days. Barack "Patton" Obama
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-08-02 21:01:16
Link | Citer | R

First time I have ever heard anyone try to claim Hillary woke up and decided to overthrow the Libyan gov't, but given the source of this conspiracy theory, I shouldn't be surprised.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-02 21:04:58
Link | Citer | R

Face it, Obama got the peace prize just for not being Bush.

Whether you are a liberal or a conservative, or a Martian for that mater, you must admit hid hadn't earned it then and hasn't since.

Some of my friends are classic liberals and they were ALL WTF?

But then again not being Bush was BIG. Just not that big.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-02 21:11:15
Link | Citer | R

Deep article about high end professional trolls.

My night out in Cleveland with the worst men on the internet

At the Republican convention, Laurie Penny was invited to a rally led by alt-right provocateur Milo Yiannopolous and an unholy cast of characters united behind Donald Trump – for whom turning raw rage into political currency is just a game

The Guardian. Article has a left wing bias but that isn't why you should read it.

Openers:
Quote:
his is a story about how trolls took the wheel of the clown car of modern politics. It’s a story about the insider traders of the attention economy. It’s a story about fear and loathing and Donald Trump and you and me. It’s not a story about Milo Yiannopoulos, the professional alt-right provocateur who was last week banned from Twitter for directing racist abuse towards the actor Leslie Jones.

But it does start with Milo. So I should probably explain how we know each other and how, on a hot, weird night in Cleveland, Ohio, I came to be riding in the backseat of his swank black trollmobile to the gayest neo-fascist rally at the Republican national convention.

Milo Yiannopoulos is a charming devil and one of the worst people I know. I have seen the death of political discourse reflected in his designer sunglasses. It chills me. We met four years ago when he was just another floppy-haired rightwing pundit and we were guests on a panel show. Afterwards, we got hammered and ran around the BBC talking about boys.

Since that day, there is absolutely nothing I have been able to say to Milo to persuade him that we are not friends. The more famous he gets off the back of extravagantly abusing women and minorities, the more I tell him I hate him and everything he stands for, the more he laughs and asks when we’re drinking.

“Feminism is cancer” is one of Milo’s slogans, and yet it took him only seconds after learning we would both be at the RNC to offer me a lift to his “Wake Up!” rally. This time – God help me – I said yes.....
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-02 21:14:21
Link | Citer | R

Bloodrose said: »
We roast the whole heifer.
I have seen this in Alberta.

Whole cow on a spit. I was jealous, biggest I ever did was a pig. Wasn't even a big pig.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-02 21:25:24
Link | Citer | R

I should get the Medal of Honor for not nuking the world by now.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-08-02 21:28:35
Link | Citer | R

Let's be honest here.

The only reason you haven't is because you haven't had access to the big red button.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-08-02 21:31:53
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Let's be honest here.

The only reason you haven't is because you haven't had access to the big red button.
If Obama got the peace prize because he isn't somebody else, then I should get the Medal of Honor for not having access to that shiny red button that calls my name out to be pressed....oh so much.
By fonewear 2016-08-02 21:34:47
Link | Citer | R

I was going to read that article about feminism/Trump but I saw what the author looks like...

[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-02 21:36:21
Link | Citer | R

I don't trust any woman with red hair because I think of this:

[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-02 21:49:07
Link | Citer | R

My night out in Cleveland with the worst men on the internet

At the Republican convention, Laurie Penny was invited to a rally led by alt-right provocateur Milo Yiannopolous and an unholy cast of characters united behind Donald Trump – for whom turning raw rage into political currency is just a game

The Guardian. Article has a left wing bias but that isn't why you should read it.

Openers:
Quote:
his is a story about how trolls took the wheel of the clown car of modern politics. It’s a story about the insider traders of the attention economy. It’s a story about fear and loathing and Donald Trump and you and me. It’s not a story about Milo Yiannopoulos, the professional alt-right provocateur who was last week banned from Twitter for directing racist abuse towards the actor Leslie Jones.

But it does start with Milo. So I should probably explain how we know each other and how, on a hot, weird night in Cleveland, Ohio, I came to be riding in the backseat of his swank black trollmobile to the gayest neo-fascist rally at the Republican national convention.

Milo Yiannopoulos is a charming devil and one of the worst people I know. I have seen the death of political discourse reflected in his designer sunglasses. It chills me. We met four years ago when he was just another floppy-haired rightwing pundit and we were guests on a panel show. Afterwards, we got hammered and ran around the BBC talking about boys.

Since that day, there is absolutely nothing I have been able to say to Milo to persuade him that we are not friends. The more famous he gets off the back of extravagantly abusing women and minorities, the more I tell him I hate him and everything he stands for, the more he laughs and asks when we’re drinking.

“Feminism is cancer” is one of Milo’s slogans, and yet it took him only seconds after learning we would both be at the RNC to offer me a lift to his “Wake Up!” rally. This time – God help me – I said yes.....

We should invite this "feminist" to FFXIAH she couldn't stand 30 mins here !
By Blazed1979 2016-08-02 21:56:24
Link | Citer | R

Roosh V - Feminist annihilator. Every time anyone corners the 3rd wave feminists they resort to trying to gag/censor them.

If a male or female, or w/e gender they claim to be, throws any kind of projectile towards me, they're gonna get knocked the f out.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-08-02 21:56:56
Link | Citer | R

fonewear said: »
I don't trust any woman with red hair because I think of this:

[+]
By fonewear 2016-08-02 21:59:43
Link | Citer | R

If these "feminist" want to do any good in this world they should go to Syria and help the women that are sex slaves to ISIS.
By Blazed1979 2016-08-02 22:03:49
Link | Citer | R

[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-02 22:05:32
Link | Citer | R

Random 2nd Amendment-ish thought: If someone tries to mug you and you're stone cold enough to disarm him and drive him away, what happens to the weapon? Can you keep it, risking having criminal evidence, do you turn it in?
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-08-02 22:16:24
Link | Citer | R

Turn it in for sure, who knows what that criminal has done with that weapon. Do you want to risk getting caught with it, however improbably it seems?
By Blazed1979 2016-08-02 22:19:47
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »
Can you keep it, risking having criminal evidence, do you turn it in?
I trust the justice system. turn it in.
I've been in enough fights and had the police involved to know that you just tell the entire truth and they will be more understanding. Its when their "criminal spider-sense" starts tingling that you need to worry about. Don't make their criminal spider sense tingle.. they are no longer human beings once that happens. they're calculating cold machines thinking everything you say is a cover up.

My cousin is a cop. Playing cards with him sucks.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 53 54 55