Random Politics & Religion #06

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #06
Random Politics & Religion #06
First Page 2 3 ... 28 29 30 ... 34 35 36
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-14 14:10:50
Link | Citer | R

I admit that I am only voting for trump because I want to see him fire lois lerner...

and there hasn't been any good protest coverage outside the white house in seven and a half years.....
By Ramyrez 2016-06-14 14:11:49
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
I would bet serious money that you get his policy stances only from heavily biased sources that have no interest in fair coverage.

I bet that's where he gets his policy stances too. ^^;
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-14 14:13:36
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
in all fairness, trump blatantly lies about his own positions.

BUT KILLERY.

Oh good, someone else brought it up so I didn't have to.

That's the rub, though.

Most of Trumps support when you burn away the proud crazies is that he isn't Hillary. Wonderful, he's not Hillary Clinton. Ok.

His policies are still incomplete sentences and his sales pitch boils down to vote for me, I'm not a politician, I'm a businessman. Let's not pretend like Trump has any actual plans when his own GOP guys are only supporting him because they have to. And even that proves to be difficult on a daily basis.

Get on message is being harped over and over for a reason.

I would bet serious money that you get his policy stances only from heavily biased sources that have no interest in fair coverage.

Trump's policies are up on his website. Front and center is the wall plan.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-14 14:14:25
Link | Citer | R

in all fairness, trump blatantly lies about his own positions.

BUT KILLERY.

Oh good, someone else brought it up so I didn't have to.

That's the rub, though.

Most of Trumps support when you burn away the proud crazies is that he isn't Hillary. Wonderful, he's not Hillary Clinton. Ok.

His policies are still incomplete sentences and his sales pitch boils down to vote for me, I'm not a politician, I'm a businessman. Let's not pretend like Trump has any actual plans when his own GOP guys are only supporting him because they have to. And even that proves to be difficult on a daily basis.

Get on message is being harped over and over for a reason.

The more I dig trying to find out what his policies actually are, the more contradictions and gaps I run into. I can't find a coherent set of policies he's ever put forth, let alone ones he hasn't revoked within hours
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-14 14:16:32
Link | Citer | R

yeah, but the policies he has, omg, they are the best policies. really, really, ya know? the best policies anyone has ever had. his policies are so good, the democrats are shaking. that's why the media is attacking. bad guy, they're bad guys attacking him, and they know his policies are good, and that's why they are scared. he should build a wall around the democrats, and make them fund it through death panels. their death panels are sympathetic to islamic terrorists you know?
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-14 14:18:13
Link | Citer | R

Trump's policies are up on his website. Front and center is the wall plan.

your sources are biased!!!! you media hack!!!

you left out the whole "making america great again" part which is the cornerstone of any nutritious plan
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-14 14:55:16
Link | Citer | R

"I love policies. I know a lot of very good policies. Policies are great."
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-14 14:58:35
Link | Citer | R

Jassik said: »
The more I dig trying to find out what his policies actually are, the more contradictions and gaps I run into. I can't find a coherent set of policies he's ever put forth, let alone ones he hasn't revoked within hours

you never dug...quit lying!

there's nothing in the rules that say our policies have to be coherent!....you're making that up!!

make america great
build a huge wall
negotiate better deals

the end
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-14 14:59:33
Link | Citer | R

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-14 15:49:57
Link | Citer | R

So what's big liberal idea on gun control?

The idea that law-abiding Americans should learn to do without “assault weapons” in the interest of limiting terrorists’ access to them too?

if we apply that to the second amendment, what would limit them from doing it to the first?

Serious question.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-14 15:58:12
Link | Citer | R

second amendment isn't even this issue anymore. there are seriously an incalculable number of guns just floating around the country. there's no way we're going to get rid of it. i honestly wish i had a good solution to this. i think we have to change the way people think and try to make a country where people don't have the desire to commit acts like this tragedy. that's a little idealistic, and the rare crazy will still get through. however, i still think it's more likely than getting grandpa crazies gun stock hidden in the shed behind his house.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-06-14 16:28:56
Link | Citer | R

When I say people need to be educated I get Saevel&co. going all paranoid on me and calling me a soviet!
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2016-06-14 16:54:48
Link | Citer | R

second amendment isn't even this issue anymore. there are seriously an incalculable number of guns just floating around the country. there's no way we're going to get rid of it. i honestly wish i had a good solution to this. i think we have to change the way people think and try to make a country where people don't have the desire to commit acts like this tragedy. that's a little idealistic, and the rare crazy will still get through. however, i still think it's more likely than getting grandpa crazies gun stock hidden in the shed behind his house.

Pretty much. A gun ban will just feed a black market but thinking that continuing down the path of failing to address the issues of disenfranchised young folk, deciding to take their problems with violence amidst a background of perpetual terrorism funded by us, the taxpayer and perpetuated by our would-be allies is going to somehow avoid these bi-monthly massacres then yeah.

See you in August.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-14 16:56:16
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

you never dug...quit lying!

there's nothing in the rules that say our policies have to be coherent!....you're making that up!!

make america great
build a huge wall
negotiate better deals

the end

I have, actually. I tend to like to know what presidential nominees propose to do.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-14 17:08:12
Link | Citer | R

I have, actually. I tend to like to know what presidential nominees propose to do.

I don't believe you! Show us your time sheets!

let's get real...MAYBE you went to his website or read a couple articles on the internet ...

but you never DUG in the tradition journalistic sense of deep research spending hours in a research library and interviewing people close to trump to unveil his true motives.

so stop lying and exaggerating.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-14 17:34:38
Link | Citer | R

The idea that law-abiding Americans should learn to do without “assault weapons” in the interest of limiting terrorists’ access to them too?

if we apply that to the second amendment, what would limit them from doing it to the first?

Serious question.
No one really has a great solution. However, I don't see the reason civilians need access to semi-automatic rifles with 30 round mags and a built in silencer.

I, admittedly, don't care for guns in the slightest though. So I don't get the appeal.

Well, except for finding revolvers aesthetically pleasing.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-14 17:57:30
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

I don't believe you! Show us your time sheets!

let's get real...MAYBE you went to his website or read a couple articles on the internet ...

but you never DUG in the tradition journalistic sense of deep research spending hours in a research library and interviewing people close to trump to unveil his true motives.

so stop lying and exaggerating.

I have a day job, so I definitely didn't put in as much time as a professional journalist. Although, they don't seem to be putting in much time these days either.
By Zululu 2016-06-14 18:01:23
Link | Citer | R

Long delay, psychological test, and background checks before someone can get a gun.

This shooter obviously had issues. It's been told that he was a regular visitor to that gay club. During 911 calls, he stated allegiance to several (and some contradictory) organizations including Isis. He issues should have been addressed before he got a gun.

There is a ton of blame to go around.
1. The shooter for not resolving his issues.
2. Muslim religion hates homosexuality (it's still a crime in many countries)
3. The gun lobby allowing it to be far too easy to get an AR-15 or AK-47.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-14 20:01:45
Link | Citer | R

Serious question.

How about starting with banning people on the terror watch list from buying assault weapons? Whats the problem with that?
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-14 20:32:04
Link | Citer | R

My idea on gun control is incremental. Like the pro life has done to abortions.

It starts with full background checks as in WA. A current goal should be psych evaluations for CC permits.

Every state should refuse to accept CC permits from other states. Really. There are classes in a LOT of states on how to get an Idaho CC permit.

And where it all should end in Chanti's ideal world is with all semi automatic long guns and all double action handguns restricted from civilian ownership.

This is SO not going to happen.
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-06-14 20:36:18
Link | Citer | R

Pope Returns Donation, Noting It Had 666 in It
There's no love lost between him and Argentina's president

Quote:
(Newser) – When Pope Francis first met with the newly elected president of his native Argentina in February, the Buenos Aires Herald termed their 22 minutes together as "frosty." Relations don't seem to have improved much since, with the Guardian reporting that a donation President Mauricio Macri made to an educational foundation promoted by the pope—an organization featuring ambassadors like George Clooney, Salma Hayek, and Richard Gere —was turned down, with a fairly icy postscript. Macri earlier this month donated 16,666,000 pesos, or nearly $1.2 million, to Scholas Occurentes; Francis reportedly instructed the charity's branch in Argentina to give it back, with the Guardian reporting that the pope was perturbed at the donation being painted by the media as proof of warming relations between the two.

The Herald reports that Francis instructed Scholas' directors to return the money, writing in a letter, "the Argentine government needs to address so many needs you shouldn’t be demanding a single penny from it." And so last Thursday they did, specifying that in returning it they were "taking into account that some may try to distort this gesture ... with the aim of creating confusion and sowing division among Argentines." The Guardian has one more detail from Francis' letter, by way of local media. It reports Francis added in a postscript to the directors, "I don't like the 666." Macri and Francis' relationship stretches back to a time when one was Buenos Aires' mayor, the other its archbishop. The Herald notes relations began to deteriorate in 2009 when Macri declined to appeal a court ruling that allowed a gay couple to marry in the city.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Serveur: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-14 21:05:11
Link | Citer | R

The history of Islam in Europe and how it effects us to this day. This is a history based on numbers and facts that you may not see anywhere else and explains why we may be afraid to see Islam for what it is based on its own doctrine and practice.

Why We Are Afraid, A 1400 Year Secret, by Dr Bill Warner
YouTube Video Placeholder

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-14 21:29:03
Link | Citer | R

I rather enjoyed the long stretch in P&R where we didn't discuss religion much. Not because I have a problem discussing the topic, but rather because:

1. Pretty much everyone is set on their stance to such a degree that discussion is meaningless (even more so than most P&R topics).
2. Practically nobody has a clue what they're talking about anyway.
[+]
Administrator
Serveur: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Drama Torama 2016-06-14 21:33:41
Link | Citer | R

I rather enjoyed the long stretch in P&R where we didn't discuss religion much. Not because I have a problem discussing the topic, but rather because:

1. Pretty much everyone is set on their stance to such a degree that discussion is meaningless (even more so than most P&R topics).
2. Practically nobody has a clue what they're talking about anyway.

I honestly thought about dropping the "Religion" part during the revamp for pretty much these exact reasons.

Decided it wasn't worth the hassle to deal with the fallout bringing attention to it would bring, since it comes up so rarely, but I guess I should have expected radicalized Islam to rear its ugly head sooner or later
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-06-14 21:43:35
Link | Citer | R

I afraid to ask, but what is your religious background, Lordgrim? What denomination(s)?
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-06-14 21:44:58
Link | Citer | R

I'm*
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-06-14 21:53:07