Random Politics & Religion #06

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #06
Random Politics & Religion #06
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 34 35 36
By Ramyrez 2016-06-13 17:44:30
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Jassik said: »
Higher complexity doesn't mean it's not biological.

If you want to distill it down that far, it's organic chemistry.
That is the howdunnit. Biochemistry is the whydunnit.

Strictly speaking, the later is part of the former anyhow.

At least on our little blue planet.

Not a lot of inorganic life around on Earth.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Akson
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2016-06-13 18:00:00
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
It takes a certain conviction to be someone that'll suck ***, and one has to respect that.

And yeah things being squeaky clean makes almost anything doable.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-13 18:05:04
Link | Citer | R

Jassik said: »
Higher complexity doesn't mean it's not biological.

If you want to distill it down that far, it's organic chemistry.
That is the howdunnit. Biochemistry is the whydunnit.

It's the how, the why, the who, chemistry is the everything of organisms if you want to break into semantics. My original point was that thoughts and behaviors and affinities become more complex when you add language. If it were simple biology, we wouldn't have aspirations and art and all the creativity that comes with higher levels of thought.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-06-13 18:12:26
Link | Citer | R

Now I know why he always has that creepy grin.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-06-13 18:13:07
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Silly (rhymes w/ Rabbit), (rhymes w/ Trix) are for Chicks

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2016-06-13 18:26:18
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Akson said: »
It takes a certain conviction to be someone that'll suck ***, and one has to respect that.

I definitely don't judge you regardless of your orientation akson so no worries. but I sincerely don't care what you identify as.
I prefer farm animals. It's all love.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-06-13 18:58:00
Link | Citer | R

I prefer farm animals.

Well you vape, so this...um ..admission... surprises nobody...
[+]
 Shiva.Carrelo
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2016-06-13 19:20:12
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
It is worrying that a lot of people still think sexual orientation is a choice.

More worrying to me is that people still try to relate/equate sexual orientation to pedophilia, rape, and other distasteful things.
Who are you to judge. They were born that way. It's not thier choice whom they're looking at sexually. Others are just Natural Born Killers. Stop hating

Brutalizing children and killing people vs. consensual sex with another adult human. Where the actual *** do you see an equivalence here?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-13 20:32:41
Link | Citer | R

When a Christian doesn't want to bake a gay couple a cake, it's hatred and bigotry. When a Muslim kills 49 people, it's a gun problem.

\_(ツ)_/¯
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-13 20:37:38
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Carrelo said: »

More worrying to me is that people still try to relate/equate sexual orientation to pedophilia, rape, and other distasteful things.
Who are you to judge. They were born that way. It's not thier choice whom they're looking at sexually. Others are just Natural Born Killers. Stop hating

Brutalizing children and killing people vs. consensual sex with another adult human. Where the actual *** do you see an equivalence here?

Wait are you saying an orientation towards children is a choice but towards homosexuality isn't?

I don't think that is very consistent.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-13 20:52:13
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
Do you believe people choose to be straight or gay nausi?
Or do you believe it's not of their choice.
People might have certain inclinations towards homosexuality if hey exist as a blank slate, but there is no doubt in my mind that the prevalence of the cultural acceptance of homosexuality has influenced more people into it.

I'm sure that has quite a few negative effects on society, probably a ton of insignificant effects, and probably a couple positives as well.
VIP
By Jassik 2016-06-13 20:52:26
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Wait are you saying an orientation towards children is a choice but towards homosexuality isn't?

Pedophilia is definitely not a choice. The difference is that one act is between two consenting adults, the other is exploitation of a child that doesn't understand. Stop looking for double edged swords.

Disliking a group for whatever reason is a person's prerogative. Having uncontrollable hatred is another thing it's far too easy for unstable people to legally obtain the means to kill dozens of people. Whether you call that a gun problem, a mental health problem, or a cultural problem, IT'S A PROBLEM. Stop worrying about the genitalia of two consenting adults.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-13 21:18:43
Link | Citer | R

People might have certain inclinations towards homosexuality if hey exist as a blank slate, but there is no doubt in my mind that the prevalence of the cultural acceptance of homosexuality has influenced more people into it.

I'm sure that has quite a few negative effects on society, probably a ton of insignificant effects, and probably a couple positives as well.
I see what you're saying.

The more common it becomes in our society, the easier it is for individuals to start being sexually turned on by their same gender?

No, I wouldn't put it quite like that, more like the less stigma there is around it, the more open and curious people will be toward it and try it.

Christ it seems like every girl in college I know Had her very own lesbian experience. Yet most of them weren't lesbians. I've dated a few former lesbians, oddly enough more than I care to admit. It's usually the same story of I thought I was gay but it was just a phase.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-06-13 21:22:13
Link | Citer | R

When an American doesn't want to bake a gay couple a cake, it's hatred and bigotry. When an American kills 49 people, it's hatred and bigotry.

FTFY.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-13 21:29:44
Link | Citer | R

The more common it becomes in our society, the easier it is for individuals to start being sexually turned on by their same gender?

No, I wouldn't put it quite like that, more like the less stigma there is around it, the more open and curious people will be toward it and try it.
It's called experimentation. Not everyone is absolutely sure about their sexuality. Go figure, people vary from person to person. Who'd have guessed?

And this is can absolutely be attributed to non-hetero sexualities becoming more and more acceptable. Josi had the right of it.
 Shiva.Carrelo
user: Carrelo
By Shiva.Carrelo 2016-06-13 21:36:15
Link | Citer | R

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. Don't be so intentionally obtuse. Also, consistent with what? That was my first post in this thread.

Whether or not pedophiles choose to be pedophiles is immaterial; they hurt people. They hurt children, no less. I feel certain we can all agree why that's an unforgivably bad thing. Who exactly is hurt when two men, two women, or whatever other combination of consenting adults decide to engage each other in romantic or sexual activity? I literally don't even understand how you can pretend that it's the same thing.

Furthermore, it's ridiculous that so much of the conversation at this point still revolves around the question of choice. Just for the record, it's not a *** choice. More importantly, it wouldn't matter if it were a choice--the objects of my attraction and recipients of my attention do not affect you, harm you, or have anything at all to do with you. I am due the same rights and respect whether I "choose" to be gay or not.

But because I'm hella tired of hearing a bunch of straight people talk out of their *** about what it's like to be gay, let me go ahead and describe for you how it goes. Imagine that your pubescent preteen self is hanging out with friends after school. You're passing around nudes of hot girls because, well, that's what you do. You look at these women, you easily recognize every attractive aspect of their faces and their bodies, but you feel nothing. Your body doesn't respond. This ***is boring as ***, can we go play N64 or something? Yup.

Do you remember when you first started to notice girls? It just kind of happened? I'm pretty sure your body didn't ask you to choose before it made you pop that awkward ***. Well, that's pretty much how it goes for everyone. Now you know.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Serveur: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-06-13 21:49:27
Link | Citer | R

Christ it seems like every girl in college I know Had her very own lesbian experience. Yet most of them weren't lesbians. I've dated a few former lesbians, oddly enough more than I care to admit. It's usually the same story of I thought I was gay but it was just a phase.

And?

There have been studies pointing to bi-sexuality and lesbianism being an evolutionary throw-back to the communal reliance in raising and securing offspring.
[+]
 Siren.Lordgrim
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2016-06-13 21:50:32
Link | Citer | R

The view point of the United Nations promotes the agenda of population control through homosexual propaganda to encourage it's practice. I personally do not consider this as a positive, Sodomy is not positive .

I am for strong families between a Man and a Woman and for the future of our specie not the destruction of it.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-06-13 21:52:35
Link | Citer | R

Ah, so that's what a Lordgrim post is.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-06-13 21:53:58
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Lordgrim said: »

The view point of the United Nations promotes the agenda of population control through homosexual propaganda to encourage it's practice. I personally do not consider this as a positive, Sodomy is not positive .

I am for strong families between a Man and a Woman and for the future of our specie not the destruction of it.
Say what you will, but I'd like a piece of Russell Crowe.
[+]
 Bahamut.Omael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2016-06-13 21:55:55
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »

Say what you will, but I'd like a piece of Russell Crowe.

Hell, who wouldn't?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2016-06-13 22:28:44
Link | Citer | R

Sodomy is not positive .
You clearly haven't partaken in the right kind of sodomy then...
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 34 35 36