Rules Rewrite (draft)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Rules rewrite (draft)
Rules rewrite (draft)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-08 12:26:00
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
TheManWithTheGoldenHand said:
Don't quote rule-breaking posts.
I understand the intent behind this, but the feasibility is questionable.

Yeah, intent is really the key. If someone purposefully quotes something that is obviously in need of moderation or as a means to bypass moderation. I wouldn't expect to see this net cast as wide as it could be. The goal is to minimize the amount of moderation, not to incriminate everyone.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-08 12:28:54
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Jassik said: »

Yeah, intent is really the key. If someone purposefully quotes something that is obviously in need of moderation or as a means to bypass moderation. I wouldn't expect to see this net cast as wide as it could be. The goal is to minimize the amount of moderation, not to incriminate everyone.

Yes, because when you make a long list of things that need to be moderated it reduces how much moderation needs to be done for that list?

Naw, the list isn't any longer, just more concise. A lot of violations are just honest mistakes.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-08 12:29:39
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
It's only human to let something like Krizz ever happen.
Ssshh shh shh... the bad man can't hurt you, anymore.

Unless the bad man is just the human nature of nerds policing nerds :P
Not really. The moderator role is a rare instance in which experience has a chance to make you worse instead of better(if remaining on the same forum, not when moving to different ones). That is because everytime a mod is called into action, it doesn't matter what happened or who did it, but it's something not good, they only deal with not good things. And there's also a sort of repetitiveness in what people ask and say to them.

This has the tendency to make the mod with time more dismissive and less inclined to dialogue and to care about people, which is obviously a problem for a PR position. And because of that the users become less cooperative too towards them.

Ideally mods would need to be cycled, staying in the role only for set amounts of time to avoid this happening. But that would require having enough trustworthy(and competent) collaborators to cycle through...
[+]
Forum Moderator
Serveur: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-11-08 12:30:18
Link | Citer | R

Yes, because when you make a long list of things that need to be moderated it reduces how much moderation needs to be done for that list?
Goddammit man! The lists only has one rule and you are mad, the list has 16 and you are mad. What is a sufficient number of rules for you? >.>
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-08 12:30:47
Link | Citer | R

Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-11-08 12:31:53
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

#8.5 Thou shalt not-

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-11-08 12:35:56
Link | Citer | R

Anna Ruthven said: »

Goddammit man! The lists only has one rule and you are mad, the list has 16 and you are mad. What is a sufficient number of rules for you? >.>

Who is mad?

And, seriously the question is about the number of rules..?
Earlier, I thought people were mad the list was too short, now I thought you were mad they it was too long.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-11-08 12:38:18
Link | Citer | R

EDIT: P.S. Fricken Niko...

It was PARKER! I'm innocent!
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-11-08 12:39:46
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

I haven't decided on your punishment yet.

On the one hand, you found a bug! Nodes shouldn't be public writable by default. On the other, this led to a bunch of texts and messages and confusion when I was out with my family, sooooo
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-11-08 12:40:36
Link | Citer | R

So...does Niko get a bug badge?
By Ackeron 2015-11-08 12:41:23
Link | Citer | R

Rooks said: »

I haven't decided on your punishment yet.

On the one hand, you found a bug! Nodes shouldn't be public writable by default. On the other, this led to a bunch of texts and messages and confusion when I was out with my family, sooooo
Let me do it! I'm the Mechahitler!
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2015-11-08 12:41:38
Link | Citer | R

"Images or videos containing: - strategically covered nudity, sheer or see-through clothing, lewd or provocative poses, or close-ups of breasts, buttocks, or crotches"

So does this mean that we can post images or videos of non-strategically covered nudity, if it is of a non-sexual manner as seen from a distance? Like a picture of an angelic woman bathed in light? :)
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-08 12:44:14
Link | Citer | R

So...does Niko get a bug badge?

A bug badge and a 3 day ban!
 Bahamut.Milamber
Serveur: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-11-08 12:45:11
Link | Citer | R

The feasibility of us all being Mr. Rogers or the feasibility of people caring they have to police themselves when they didn't do anything in this example?
The latter.
If it is on purpose, they are basically (re)posting content which already breaks the rules; if inadvertent it is essentially to potentially reduce editing/mod activities caused by the original incident. Which, while understandable as to why, could be addressed in different ways without having such a rule necessary.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-11-08 12:46:19
Link | Citer | R

you better think of something before he strikes again
By Ackeron 2015-11-08 12:49:04
Link | Citer | R

The feasibility of us all being Mr. Rogers or the feasibility of people caring they have to police themselves when they didn't do anything in this example?
The latter.
If it is on purpose, they are basically (re)posting content which already breaks the rules; if inadvertent it is essentially to potentially reduce editing/mod activities caused by the original incident. Which, while understandable as to why, could be addressed in different ways without having such a rule necessary.
Honestly the quoting rule breaking posts is mostly just to make it easier to clean up toxic spills. I've never hit anyone for it but I've had to edit/delete a bunch of posts that had rule breaking quotes in them.

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-11-08 12:51:47
Link | Citer | R

I think a good piece of irony with the rules is that we have they were laid down by Google. But if we said the name of a user directly responsible for reporting the site to Google multiple times. Then we I would be banned as per the list of rules :P
If you say "Biggie Smalls" 3 times into your mirror, his spirit will appear behind you and cap your ***.

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-11-08 12:52:30
Link | Citer | R

Finally home, so:

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Addendum: cash shop for potions to restore HP!

You had me at "cash shop"

That's an existing rule. I always took it to mean "don't spread things that are obviously breaking rules and going to be deleted".

Ackeron said: »
Let me do it! I'm the Mechahitler!

No, part of this is to prevent the rise of the MechaHitler. You've been following the rules as written, but I don't think people understand how draconian they really are, as written.

Your node access has been permanently revoked and you're topicbanned from Ni until further notice.
[+]
By Ackeron 2015-11-08 12:55:50
Link | Citer | R

Rooks said: »
Finally home, so:

Your node access has been permanently revoked and you're topicbanned from Ni until further notice.
And people call me evil!

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
Serveur: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2015-11-08 12:56:17
Link | Citer | R

Ackeron said: »

The latter.
Honestly the quoting rule breaking posts is mostly just to make it easier to clean up toxic spills. I've never hit anyone for it but I've had to edit/delete a bunch of posts that had rule breaking quotes in them.
Which goes back to understanding the intent, but the feasibility is questionable.
Is someone really going to be punished for it? Because if they are, it would likely be under the "don't post things that break the rules" item, rather than a "don't repost things that break the rules". Then it becomes tortoises all the way down.

Don't get me wrong, as I say, I can understand *why* you would want to reduce such an incident. Active reporting, marking posts as pending moderation, and active moderation would likely be far more effective than having such a rule.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-11-08 12:58:05
Link | Citer | R

You know, if I'd been at my desk I would have laughed about it, but I got a pretty heavy flood of angry and confused messages while I was out at brunch trying to feed a toddler and enjoy an actual day off.

It won't be permanent, but I haven't decided how long it'll be. It's the only punishment that would actually matter to him anyway, so I didn't have a ton of options.
By Draylo 2015-11-08 13:02:11
Link | Citer | R

What happened, he deleted all the rules?

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-11-08 13:04:11
Link | Citer | R

Draylo said: »
What happened, he deleted all the rules?
15/16, only leaving the player warning rule, yes.