Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » ~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
~First and Final Line of Defense v2.0~
First Page 2 3 ... 83 84 85 ... 137 138 139
By SimonSes 2020-07-01 16:25:17
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Seraphpdh said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Maybe the lack of a message for that should be reported to SE as a bug? lol
I'm trying to think of any other case where an additional effect does not appear in the log, and currently cannot think of one...

80% (I am being safe here, it might be all of them) of BLU spells that does damage and have additional effect. Problem reported to SE many times (at least I think it was). Its technically not a bug. It's probably intended like that, but its super stupid.

Especially on debuffs like def down. You totally dont know if you applied it unless you want to eyeball change in damage.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-07-01 16:51:18
Link | Citer | R

You know, they should totally make Shield bash(And WS for that matter) report the results of the add effect, like Violent flourish.
Quote:
Martel uses Violent Flourish.Transcended Fly takes 174 points of damage and is stunned.
And so on. I'd love to know when shield bash is actually stunning immediately. Then just add a separate line that says what got dispelled or reports a resist/nothing to dispel. Doo eeet SE.
[+]
 Asura.Highwynn
Serveur: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2020-07-01 18:02:19
Link | Citer | R

The Dispel Couse has a dispel enchantment and says it removes an effect. Heh...used to carry that thing with me in case my group or pt needed to dispel some kind of effect and we didnt have a RDM or BRD.
 Asura.Jormundr
user: Jormundr
By Asura.Jormundr 2020-07-04 00:41:01
Link | Citer | R

I would personally like to see the SC properties of Atonement removed. Let us spam it like Sanguine Blade. Its a hate tool afterall. Any thoughts?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-07-04 01:48:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jormundr said: »
I would personally like to see the SC properties of Atonement removed. Let us spam it like Sanguine Blade. Its a hate tool afterall. Any thoughts?
I'm a bit torn on this one. Atonement is one of only two fusion ws available to PLD, and the other is locked to a specific sword.

That said as it stands using Atonement in a SC or multi step is pretty crap dmg. You're basically writing off an entire WS to start or continue the SC. (there are times when this is still worth it overall, but yeah, Atonement dmg is... )

Personally, I'd rather they made Atonement do enough dmg to be competitive with other WS options, and thus be a valid part of an SC... But as it currently stands it would probably be more beneficial if it just didn't SC. I ran into this issue earlier today even, doing Dullahan Ambu with a MNK multistepping and me tanking. I was getting TP but couldn't WS cause I'd interrupt.

If SE's not gonna ever let Atonement do decent dmg... Then I'd say unlock Knights of the Round from Excal, so we still have a Fusion WS, then make Atonement have no SC properties.
[+]
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2020-07-04 10:30:27
Link | Citer | R

I'm all for removing all skillchain properties from Atonement, plenty of other jobs have to deal with their only skillchain being locked behind a relic (looking at you Yoichinoyumi)
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-07-04 12:03:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Gotenn said: »
I'm all for removing all skillchain properties from Atonement, plenty of other jobs have to deal with their only skillchain being locked behind a relic (looking at you Yoichinoyumi)
Sure, plentty of other jobs do. But we aren't one of them right now. We would be removing functionality from PLD for this. Not something I generally want SE to do. Thus I suggested a change to maintain PLDs current skillchain capacity, while making Atonement usable when others are skillchaining.

Personally, I'd like to see SE just unlock all the relic WS from relics. I can't imagine it would be terribly broken in most cases, as they tend to suck without the relic weapon dmg bonus(and sometimes suck even with it.)
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-07-04 15:26:56
Link | Citer | R

I can't imagine it would be terribly broken in most cases

Annihilator and Apocalypse would be rendered useless.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-04 15:27:54
Link | Citer | R

Just like every other weapon relic!
By FaeQueenCory 2020-07-04 18:30:16
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

I don't think so. Much of the relic WS's power is from the hidden +40% damage on them.
Without that, they're mostly ***.

Which is probably why SE doesn't want to unlock them.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-07-04 18:51:24
Link | Citer | R

FaeQueenCory said: »
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

I don't think so. Much of the relic WS's power is from the hidden +40% damage on them.
Without that, they're mostly ***.

Which is probably why SE doesn't want to unlock them.

Apoc, while not bad on damage is meant for survival. all you need is a 3K weaponskill and your HP is full.

That change may not make annihilator useless, but it definitely would Apoc.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-07-04 21:19:08
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Botosi said: »
Apoc, while not bad on damage is meant for survival. all you need is a 3K weaponskill and your HP is full.

Well since we're on the topic for a moment, what other WSs would be harmed by a Relic WS quest? I agree with you on Apoc, a case can be argued for it's aftermath but I'm not sure how stable that ground is. Are there any other Relic WSs that would render the parent Weapon useless?

Seeing as a great many Relic Weapons are already useless, I'm having trouble seeing any damage here other than Apoc unless there's something I'm missing.
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2020-07-04 21:57:58
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Asura.Botosi said: »

Well since we're on the topic for a moment, what other WSs would be harmed by a Relic WS quest? I agree with you on Apoc, a case can be argued for it's aftermath but I'm not sure how stable that ground is. Are there any other Relic WSs that would render the parent Weapon useless?

Seeing as a great many Relic Weapons are already useless, I'm having trouble seeing any damage here other than Apoc unless there's something I'm missing.

Namas with Gandiva, Blade: Metsu with Heishi, Scourge with Calad to 3 step light.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-04 23:15:33
Link | Citer | R

DRK wouldn't ever use Scourge to 3 step light (unless maybe doing somwthing weird like Kei) just because Scourge and Resolution are weak enough in comparison to Torcleaver that just doing Torc spam does more.
By Ruaumoko 2020-07-05 00:16:32
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
Well since we're on the topic for a moment, what other WSs would be harmed by a Relic WS quest? I agree with you on Apoc, a case can be argued for it's aftermath but I'm not sure how stable that ground is.
DRK getting Catastrophe on any Scythe would be beyond broken, to the point this thing becomes an absolute monster for the 1:00 Souleater is active.

Oh, then we have to remember Souleater can be reset up to three more times with Random Deal and Wild Card uses.
[+]
 Sylph.Ticktick
Serveur: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2020-07-05 02:29:33
Link | Citer | R

Would it be better than caladbolg w/ AM up? assuming they get healed back to full between every attack round, it's only adding max ~3k dmg per attack round (souleater adds to final dmg, not weapon dmg, right?). If they're drain IIIed to 9999 hp, then it can add a lot more, but requires a lot more healing to support. If they aren't getting healing besides catastrophe, then it's basically just +3k or +10k dmg per WS cycle for one of drk's weaker WS.
By SimonSes 2020-07-05 05:56:11
Link | Citer | R

People thinking souleater can be broken havent actually calculated this once I guess. Its more of a impression from 75 era. Dacnomania with Cata and Souleater wouldnt even be close to being broken. I doubt it would even beat Apocalypse, not to even mention stuff like MNK.

With capped pdif and 9999 hp Dacnomania would do like 6000 per hit. I guess you could achieve maybe 2 hits per round? So maybe 12k per rounds. Thats pretty ok. Maybe even 7000 melee dps, but your WS would do like 19k damage including souleater proc. Total dps would be maybe around 8000-8500 top.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-07-05 06:57:17
Link | Citer | R

I literally don’t even use Souleater anymore. It barely adds to damage and that 1 second it takes to put on I could be doing another whole attack/ws round.
 Asura.Jinbe
By Asura.Jinbe 2020-07-07 07:37:37
Link | Citer | R

would someone share his sets, since there is no real guide for PLD
Tanking/FC/Midcast/SIRD etc.
i only play pld as /blu and its kinda annoying sometime to figure our what the best to use.
By SimonSes 2020-07-07 07:47:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jinbe said: »
i only play pld as /blu and its kinda annoying sometime to figure our what the best to use.

Martel posted sets in several posts at last 10-20 pages.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 08:50:09
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Jinbe said: »
There's different sets for SIRD tbh.

You got your cure potency SIRD, your Enmity SIRD, your enhancing SIRD....

Although, to be honest, most of them overlap, and only a couple of pieces change...
 Asura.Akivatoo
user: Akivatoo
By Asura.Akivatoo 2020-07-07 08:51:10
Link | Citer | R

Feel free to post your set and I update the guide.

I keep the spellcast updated and all set are inside that is why I did not update the guide anymore.
(DD's PLD, feel free to share your best setup for DD as PLD !)
[+]
By Shichishito 2020-07-07 15:34:39
Link | Citer | R

so, are the changes to PLD going to make it rise in demand?
guess since RUN is the magic tank they trying to make PLD the physical tank with the reprisal buff and enhanced protectra but will it make a difference?
By SimonSes 2020-07-07 16:16:40
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
so, are the changes to PLD going to make it rise in demand?
guess since RUN is the magic tank they trying to make PLD the physical tank with the reprisal buff and enhanced protectra but will it make a difference?

I mean we are 6 hours before update. We dont really know details. So maybe just wait with such questions lol
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-07-07 16:19:39
Link | Citer | R

Don't worry I'm from the future. The answer is probably not since RUN still has Invincible Batutta on a 5min CD and better AoE hate tools and can actually do damage :)
By SimonSes 2020-07-07 16:45:57
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Zeto said: »
Don't worry I'm from the future. The answer is probably not since RUN still has Invincible Batutta on a 5min CD and better AoE hate tools and can actually do damage :)

I can see that being valid for bigger groups with specialized jobs. PLD sounds more and more like a tank for hybrid lowman group.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-07-07 17:24:24
Link | Citer | R

Ugh. I had this mostly done this morning.. went to work, and couldn't get remoted in to my home PC to post. And work blocks FFXIAH... Anyway.

So, the freshly picked vana'diel stream aired this morning.

Images of the PLD adjustments. In JP of course...

If anyone wants to do a real translation, please do.

Disclaimer: The below "translation" was done by OCR'ing the JP images then running them through google translate. Take with a huge grain of salt.

So. I'm pretty sure the OCR is *** some of this up, cause well, it's a mess , but....
Quote:
Added the "shield barrier" feature
Grants a defensive power bonus to Protests that were cast during shield
Adds the defense power of the shield equipped by the loyal master
And ability "Majesty" adjustment
Added the ranged effect of NP Protes
Shield barrier would be the trait that enhances protect.
I think it's saying that it adds the defense of the equipped shield to protect.
Majesty part appears to just be the AoE protect effect.
Quote:
"React"(Reprisal) adjustment
Added the effect of increasing shield skill
Increased the defense power of some shields
Up to double the defense power of shields with IL 100 or more
Apparently.. Reprisal will increase shield skill? This is a bit different from what we already heard. Actual skill+ will increase block rate against everything, not just even match+ mobs...

And they are apparently adjusting the DEF of ilvl shields. Which is an extra eff you to Aegis/ochain. Might make for an actual use for Srivatsa though, combined with the extra def thing for protect.

May also have implications for Priwen, combined with the reprisal change.

More DEF on a shield means more block dmg-. Unless SE does something to change this, a number of iLVL shield are going to hit
100% dmg reduction on block after this change. I have to wonder if they'll be adjusting the block dmg reduction formulas, or a just willing to have 100% dmg reduction on block.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2020-07-07 17:52:12
Link | Citer | R

Priwen is also our best MEva shield too. Guess it might be time to just start using that.

Svalinn(A.Skirmish shield) is our best Defense shield at 80 with a perfect snow aug.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-07 18:05:09
Link | Citer | R

Eww
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2020-07-07 18:23:42
Link | Citer | R

Unless they're planning on another PLD update and/or giving REMA shields a huge boost, this seems super underwhelming.
First Page 2 3 ... 83 84 85 ... 137 138 139