Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 175 176 177
 Fairy.Trig
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Trig
By Fairy.Trig 2019-11-11 08:50:44
Link | Citer | R

2009 me is super disillusioned
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-11-11 10:18:50
Link | Citer | R

yeah... I hate being a downer... but I'm writhing in disillusionment

looks like the weevil type has highest eva by a large degree.
and another fusion option for skillchain.

I would see a more meaningful silver lining if it was fragmentation instead. but maybe eva tanking might be useful for something... maybe.

it really feels like a bait and switch.
having no beastmaster update would have been better. at least it would be more honest. they wouldn't PRETEND to be giving us something.

I don't suppose there is a status shift between night and day for ladybug / weevils?

since weevils are only out at night and ladybugs only aggressive during the day...
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-11 10:22:22
Link | Citer | R

Looks like I won the bingo.
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Only way you're gonna win that bingo is by filling in the squares that won't happen.
Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-11-11 10:50:56
Link | Citer | R

losing to Eiryl, the dark imp of misfortune, is perhaps the most painful part...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2019-11-11 14:39:49
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
I don't suppose there is a status shift between night and day for ladybug / weevils?

since weevils are only out at night and ladybugs only aggressive during the day...

Just a cosmetic change:
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2019-11-11 14:49:48
Link | Citer | R

How is the Japanese community reacting to this update as a whole?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-11 15:11:27
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Dekar said: »

They largely don't care, no one plays BST. They absolutely love cosmetic ***so they're probably losing their minds over new cutie pets.

Surprisingly VERY little talk on either NA or JP forum, considering what is currently going on

Quote:
Larvas

I tried using a new pet, but I'm disappointed ...
 Shiva.Malthar
Serveur: Shiva
user: Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-11-11 15:23:27
Link | Citer | R

They largely don't care, no one plays BST. They absolutely love cosmetic ***so they're probably losing their minds over new cutie pets.

Surprisingly VERY little talk on either NA or JP forum, considering what is currently going on

Well, most of the NA community that would complain are banned because they complained about the distance nerf.
By Draylo 2019-11-11 15:25:43
Link | Citer | R

I was for the Bst wars, now i cant get that damn vanity hat.
By clearlyamule 2019-11-11 16:24:31
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Malthar said: »

Well, most of the NA community that would complain are banned because they complained about the distance nerf.
Or got banned for pointing out previous bugs/exploits
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2019-11-11 16:59:07
Link | Citer | R

Made some HQ lucani jugs on shiva. Free for anyone wanting to do any testing, just /tell
By clearlyamule 2019-11-11 17:09:30
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flowen said: »
Made some HQ lucani jugs on shiva. Free for anyone wanting to do any testing, just /tell
I'm at work but send me one and I'll do some testing
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-11-11 20:15:23
Link | Citer | R

there are at least 4 new thread on se forums complaining about bst update. and alot of commends on the freshly picked thread complaining about it too.
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2019-11-11 20:20:48
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »

I remember when that happened. You discovered a bug with fishing up a certain fish in Newton Movalpolos and showed them how to fix it.

They went all NANI?!?!? then banned you for knowing more about the game than they did.
By clearlyamule 2019-11-11 20:44:32
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Siviard said: »

I remember when that happened. You discovered a bug with fishing up a certain fish in Newton Movalpolos and showed them how to fix it.

They went all NANI?!?!? then banned you for knowing more about the game than they did.
Naw that was Bryth. He figured out the fishing bug that made people DC by making the game divide by zero. Think they said he was backwards engineering copyrighted material or some garbage lol.

iirc I got banned on the OF because some idiot over there kept spouting completely idiotic ***and would try to pick fights with me when I told him how the game actually worked. He ended up posting a screenshot on the OF of his characters parsing to prove how much he knew better about DDing... and I told him hey bud maybe you don't post screenshots of 3rd party tools on the a forum ran by people who say that's a bannable offense... and they ban us both. Idk what his said but mine said repeated offenses despite never getting a warning and not actually violating the rules unless you count quoting his questionable posts
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-11-11 23:13:23
Link | Citer | R

I started playing with Angelina a little bit in reisenjima.
Damage is rather poor. without any buffs disembowl is only hitting around 1300 ~2500 damage. I'm hoping the tradeoff is that the accuracy down effect should be rather consistent. Extirpating Salvo was only doing around 4k

This is definitely a tank pet.
I let her and Crom Dubh pound on each other for awhile.

Crom was missing alot. I actually kept my pet eva astolfo and pet eva +5 emerald earring, so together w/ ankusa feet +3 vorseals I was looking at 1227 eva.

There does NOT appear to be an eva modifier. gear only caused it to go up 65 eva as marked on the gear.

I also collected a screenshot of Crom Dubh successfully using aspir for 135 mp from Weevil. So secondary job is something with mp.

I'm thinking this new pet would be nice tank for mnk's.. and since its vermin, it should be a good antithesis to Mandragoras.

generally you keep tapping the mob with Disembowel to keep acc down effect up, and maybe open a skillchain for master. Unfortunately, impaction is a poor opener.

Decimation > disembowel > Spinning axe > disembowl > Cloudsplitter
Primal Rend > disembowel > Spinning axe > disembowl > Primal Rend

Extirpating Salvo <> Cloudsplitter for easy light

Ruinator > Extirpating Salvo > Primal Rend

Disembowl > Ruinator

I'll play around a bit w/ apex mandy's and weevil/angelina more tomorrow methinks. but this does appear to be a good tank for mandragora's. if any appear...

on a separate note... We decidely LACK transfixion or compression weaponskils for master... but w/ Kaja Bow / Ullr Empyreal Arrow is fusion / transfixion

you can do something fun like

Empyreal Arrow > Sensila blade > Primal Rend or Mistral axe

or

empyreal Arrow > Claw Cyclone > Primal rend or Mistral Axe

Or

empyreal arrow > Beak Lunge > Mistral Axe > Wing Slap > Ruinator or Cloudsplitter

seemed like some interesting options.. it allows alot of pets (scission) to get you into level 2 skillchains which previously could not.

if you can land Empyreal Arrow anyway. (Malignance set FTW!!)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2019-11-11 23:28:07
Link | Citer | R

Damage is rather poor. without any buffs disembowl is only hitting around 1300 ~2500 damage. I'm hoping the tradeoff is that the accuracy down effect should be rather consistent. Extirpating Salvo was only doing around 4k

Yeah, the damage output is mediocre.
Disembowel has the same fTP as Double Claw (~13k @ 3000 TP).
Extirpating Salvo has the same fTP as Sudden Lunge (which is just the generic Razor Fang fTP anchors), but it costs twice as many charges to use.

Crom was missing alot. I actually kept my pet eva astolfo and pet eva +5 emerald earring, so together w/ ankusa feet +3 vorseals I was looking at 1227 eva.

I'm impressed that you held onto those items. I believe there was an augmented neck w/Pet:Evasion+ from somewhere too...

I also collected a screenshot of Crom Dubh successfully using aspir for 135 mp from Weevil. So secondary job is something with mp.

This is a result of vorseals, they have 0 MP normally.

[+]
By shamgi 2019-11-12 00:25:14
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know the mats for the jug?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-11-12 00:28:32
Link | Citer | R

HQ/NQ Pristine Sap Woodworking
Divine Sap, Holy Water, Holy Water

Theraisie in Upper Jeuno (G-6) will now sell aged humus.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2019-11-12 00:48:09
Link | Citer | R

Parsed the Weevil pets on Fortifications:

Triple Attack II trait (6%), as expected from being THFs.

For Critical Hit Rate, most pets just have the base (5%) and capped dDEX contribution (15%) for 20% total, however the weevil pets have Crit Rate+10% on top of that.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2019-11-12 01:24:29
Link | Citer | R

I can confirm no eva/acc adjustments on HQ bug

And yeah damage seems meh. Slavo does very little damage to itself. Idk never really remember numbers from old lady bug but I remember it actually doing something while spamming this didn't go below 99%. Usually regen seems to more or less keep up so decided to test it. Put on then removed atma of ingenuity so assuming the -35% hp adjustment that 97-98 hp change and took exactly 1 minute to fully recover hp so about 5hp/tick this was during the day. Or about 16 per tock

During the night ***is waaaaaaaaaaay faster. Like immediately goes to 100%. Ended up using atma of the darkblade so I could actually check it and some interesting things. First I'm 99% sure the regen happens on tocks not tics similarly to Helix. 2nd gaining 40% assuming the adjustment is 35% darkblade should've added ~2402 hp and took 103 seconds to get to 99% so I'd guessimate about 240 hp per tock or 1440 per minute. So between this and the evasion yeah I'd say it's a tank... at least at night lol
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2019-11-12 08:54:58
Link | Citer | R

During the night ***is waaaaaaaaaaay faster. Like immediately goes to 100%. Ended up using atma of the darkblade so I could actually check it and some interesting things. First I'm 99% sure the regen happens on tocks not tics similarly to Helix. 2nd gaining 40% assuming the adjustment is 35% darkblade should've added ~2402 hp and took 103 seconds to get to 99% so I'd guessimate about 240 hp per tock or 1440 per minute. So between this and the evasion yeah I'd say it's a tank... at least at night lol

Thanks for testing. It's quite time-intensive to investigate stuff like that...

I tried to replicate this, but the amount of time to naturally regenerate (without Stay) from 49% -> 99% HP was practically identical at day or night (I used Atma of the Dark Blade same as you did, so StalwartAngelina had 6306 Max HP).

Night:

Using <pethpp> text commands to keep track of the Pet's HP % with time stamps.

~10 minutes to recover ~3153 HP.

Day:

~10 minutes to recover ~3153 HP.

My theory on why this happened: since you were manipulating MaxHP at the Atma NPC (and not by engaging in combat), the HP recovered while healing tocks were increasing during the idle time resulting in very large passive regen during your night time test.
By clearlyamule 2019-11-12 10:11:48
Link | Citer | R

You are correct I was not engaged at all. Guess our pets finally get the natural huge regen mobs get when not engaged. Well that's significantly less useful though I guess nice in farming events at night... strange that SE would make something so niche and random wonder if it's actually a bug
[+]
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-11-12 14:55:33
Link | Citer | R

You are correct I was not engaged at all. Guess our pets finally get the natural huge regen mobs get when not engaged. Well that's significantly less useful though I guess nice in farming events at night... strange that SE would make something so niche and random wonder if it's actually a bug
Pun intended?
 Shiva.Malthar
By Shiva.Malthar 2019-11-12 15:02:36
Link | Citer | R

And Falkirk, when are you coming to Shiva to make a pet shell? Note, I didn't say PUP shell. lol
By shamgi 2019-11-12 18:33:53
Link | Citer | R

So, the gimmick I'm looking at is that you can get Evasion, DT, and Subtle Blow on Taeon pieces together.

With 3-5 pieces(depending on if you want to use AF3 body and the helm) with semi solid augments you're looking at around 60 extra evasion, and enough subtle blow to near cap.

This is the plan I had for trying some weird solo kills with the Wasp, since he can also inflict Plague, but the beetle has far superior evasion.

If you decide not to go the subtle blow route, you can get crit chance instead, which might interact well with THFs crit damage bonus trait.

Not sure if it's enough to make the beetle worth it in general, but I'm curious if you could build a dodge tank this way.

Are there any other pet evasion pieces? There's the axe for 40, which can put the pet at around 1230, but I'm curious if one can flex it up to 1300.
By Nariont 2019-11-12 18:47:11
Link | Citer | R

fairly certain all of the +eva stuff for pet would be augmented items, 25 evasion on the alluvion axe, awful augment chances with the add on expansion augmented earrings which give +1~5 evasion, possibly the rings but no data on that since noone wanted to continue trying that thing, that's basically it unless theres an evasion back im not aware of.
By clearlyamule 2019-11-12 19:05:08
Link | Citer | R

shamgi said: »
So, the gimmick I'm looking at is that you can get Evasion, DT, and Subtle Blow on Taeon pieces together.

With 3-5 pieces(depending on if you want to use AF3 body and the helm) with semi solid augments you're looking at around 60 extra evasion, and enough subtle blow to near cap.
While they certainly all haven't been tested I seem to remember some testing on pet subtle blow and it turned out a lot of them already have a lot... like capped already or near it to begin with
[+]
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-11-12 19:05:17
Link | Citer | R

Evasion tanking on BST?

Kidding, kidding. That sounds pretty fun.
By Nariont 2019-11-12 19:07:11
Link | Citer | R

While they certainly all haven't been tested I seem to remember some testing on pet subtle blow and it turned out a lot of them already have a lot

This apply to puppets too or just bst pets? Was actually looking at possibly SB builds on pup but the gear is sorely lacking there short of taeon/herc
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 175 176 177