Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
Killer Instinct: The Beastmaster Compendium
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 175 176 177
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-01-17 14:22:11
Link | Citer | R

I was counting on a triple proc on first hit of Chomp rush, moving it up to the 7 hit category, but i suppose the more hits you have the lower your odds of TA or DA proccing all of them.

Probably easiest to max up mutli hit w/ atma in abyssea if can find an NM to survive. prolly have to do Rani or Shinryu when curing just to lay w/ it long enough.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-17 14:26:12
Link | Citer | R

Me too. OA3 + DA is only 3 extra hits. If it gave 4 man you'd be seeing 60k+ pigs on fire. I guess it's possible to DA on the 3rd hit but all the ws testing only showed 2 chances to proc for multihits
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-01-17 14:51:34
Link | Citer | R

clearlyamule said: »
Me too. OA3 + DA is only 3 extra hits. If it gave 4 man you'd be seeing 60k+ pigs on fire. I guess it's possible to DA on the 3rd hit but all the ws testing only showed 2 chances to proc for multihits

Yes I was counting on DA on the 3rd hit as well. I'd like to see the testing. but I think its rather rare to get, and it would never be clear which hit got the DA unless you really can see it on all of them.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-17 15:19:36
Link | Citer | R

That's what I mean. I haven't heard of any testing that suggests ready moves get more procs than player ws. And players have always been 2 outside of weird jailor weapon shenanigans

As far as player idk that stuff is pretty old. But you'd probably notice getting 8 hits on a 4 ws. And you can see it on the automaton ws bonecrusher even with pretty much 100% DA rate you aren't going to get a 6 hitter without AM3

Edit: found player da ws proc testing
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2018-01-20 09:22:26
Link | Citer | R

Relevant note for this multi-hit Ready move discussion:
while Ready Effect job points affect every hit of these attacks, Unleash Effect job points act like WS Damage+ and only impact the first hit.

It's simple enough to test in Abyssea-Misareaux, building up Azure light until you get an infinite supply of JA reset chests for constant Run Wild/Unleash. Atrociraptors at Conflux 7 only have ~6k HP @ level 95, and you'll have Favorable Correlation bonus against them so Pet:Attack is way over cap. It's a guaranteed kill with a single hit of Sweeping Gouge.

3000 TP Sweeping Gouge was doing an average of 10745 damage, which almost exactly matches the average against level -1 Wild Rabbits.

Unleash Sweeping Gouge
Minimum: 14697
Maximum: 15403
Average: 15050

The average Unleash Gouge is ~1.4x the non-Unleash average, so the numbers are as expected. The only tricky part here is that the chance of the first hit missing is 1%, so it took a while before I saw enough samples to be satisfied.

Some examples of Sweeping Gouge hits with Unleash (where the primary hit deals the killing blow).

And here's one instance where Unleash was active but the first hit missed and the second hit connected (so no Damage+ bonus from Job Points).

With that in mind, I think the theoretical maximum for Sweeping Gouge is just shy of 60k with Unleash and AM3 (or ~70k when you have Unleash and a source of Triple Attack like Atma/cites).

This is the highest one I've gotten so far (with extremely poor pDIF rolls):
[+]
By Birkie 2018-01-22 08:59:48
Link | Citer | R

Has the page one guide been relocated? All I get when I click the "node" link on page 1 is the FFXIAH main page.
By zaxtiss 2018-01-22 09:17:35
Link | Citer | R

weird i does it for me too.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-22 10:23:57
Link | Citer | R

It's still there but you should be seeing a pop up now whenever you load a page that's related to why you can't see well several things right now depending on your settings. See unsafe scripts thread
By Birkie 2018-01-22 11:06:47
Link | Citer | R

It's still there but you should be seeing a pop up now whenever you load a page that's related to why you can't see well several things right now depending on your settings. See unsafe scripts thread
I am able to click and view the nodes for some of the other job guides. For some reason only Falkirk's node 227 isn't loading, just getting redirected to main FFXIAH page.
 Shiva.Larrymc
Serveur: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2018-01-22 11:14:54
Link | Citer | R

You are clicking too fast, it takes a while to load, just be patient.
By Birkie 2018-01-22 11:38:00
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Larrymc said: »
You are clicking too fast, it takes a while to load, just be patient.
Not sure what you mean by this. Waiting several minutes on page one changes nothing -the page is fully loaded and there is a clickable link that says "node 227"

Clicking that link takes me instantly to the home page of FFXIAH. There isn't a way to click too quickly - I am not taken to something else that I am clicking out of, it is an instant redirect.

I can click other "node XXX" on FFXIAH from other guides without any problem.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-22 11:42:13
Link | Citer | R

Why even click the node? It will load on it's own. And again I direct you to the same thread. It's an issue with the site. For now until it's fixed do whatever it takes for your browser to enable seeing mixed content
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-01-22 12:36:37
Link | Citer | R

If you open the node, it is easy to print to PDF and have a nicely setup offline copy of the guide. I'm sure there are other reasons.

I haven't been able to get it to load that way for along time.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-22 12:48:14
Link | Citer | R

Fair enough. Though those reasons kind of lend themselves to not needing it here lol. Regardless while you might not be able to open node right now it can be viewed
By Birkie 2018-01-22 13:17:18
Link | Citer | R

Why even click the node? It will load on it's own. And again I direct you to the same thread. It's an issue with the site. For now until it's fixed do whatever it takes for your browser to enable seeing mixed content
It does not load - it used to, it no longer does. Just to be certain, I waited long enough to go downstairs, brew coffee, and return and nothing changed. Clicking the node was the only available option.

And as I have said previously, the problem is only with the guide for the beastmaster section. I can view other FFXIAH job guides just fine, none of them are failing to load or redirecting me if I click node. If I needed to redo browser settings, then the other guides containing mixed content would also not function.

Anyway, I'll just post a message in the bugs section rather than continue this here.

Thanks for trying to help. /passes out pet biscuits
By clearlyamule 2018-01-22 14:19:26
Link | Citer | R

I know what you said. I know the other guides are working fine with it and yeah your idea might make sense but that's not what's happening so forget them. I'm not theory crafting here I'm actually seeing the same thing you saw and then making it work. At least on comp. No idea how to fiddle with the mobile settings.

Note have tried on IE as well but not firefox. Note it's always possible other extensions and such can be blocking stuff as well. This is pretty stripped down chrome
By zaxtiss 2018-01-22 14:42:35
Link | Citer | R

i got it to work for me, there is a shield with a red mark in the top right corner that says the site is trying to load unsafe stuff just tell it to load it. and then the guides will work.
By Birkie 2018-01-22 15:23:29
Link | Citer | R

It has been couple of hours since I last checked. I did nothing different at all on my end and the guide appears within 1-2 seconds (no link to node 227 even appears now), so whatever the issue was seesm to have now been resolved.
By clearlyamule 2018-01-22 15:48:23
Link | Citer | R

Yeah rooks flipped some switches or something. Yay no more annoying pop ups
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-02-09 23:52:19
Link | Citer | R

@Falkirk: Can you please repost the non-ilvl pet data? I don't remember how old it is, and if it's on pg48 here, something on that page (think related to youtube) is locking up and crashing the page for me. ._.;;

Separately, has anyone done any testing on pet macc as far as variances in base values and how it affects added effects? While testing this month's V1E, I noticed that Randy landed Roar every single time I used it, while Patrick's AEs failed to land (as per usual T_T). Roar didn't seem to trigger the gimmick though, which got me to wondering about pets like Waluis for disease and Arthur for MaxHP Down. Do we know what the macc differences are between direct debuffs vs added effects, and are there further differences for AEs between physical vs magical?
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2018-02-10 17:35:08
Link | Citer | R

Nyarlko said: »
@Falkirk: Can you please repost the non-ilvl pet data? I don't remember how old it is, and if it's on pg48 here, something on that page (think related to youtube) is locking up and crashing the page for me. ._.;;

The node is here.

Separately, has anyone done any testing on pet macc as far as variances in base values and how it affects added effects? While testing this month's V1E, I noticed that Randy landed Roar every single time I used it, while Patrick's AEs failed to land (as per usual T_T). Roar didn't seem to trigger the gimmick though, which got me to wondering about pets like Waluis for disease and Arthur for MaxHP Down. Do we know what the macc differences are between direct debuffs vs added effects, and are there further differences for AEs between physical vs magical?

No in-depth testing on this subject, but I know the MaxHP-10% effect from GenerousArthur can land on stuff like Ultima/Omega Master Trial (maybe their Magic evasion isn't very high?).

By comparison, I don't think Brain Crush's Silence effect lands reliably on anything above iLvl 119 monsters (only seen it proc a handful of times on Gestalt, for example). Seems likely that there's a large discrepancy between these two sources of enfeebles.
By Nyarlko 2018-02-10 17:53:13
Link | Citer | R

Thank you kindly for the link. ^^

For the AE thing:
* Is there a better way to determine if one proc'd other than watching the chat log for a "wears off" message?

* I kinda figured that the low accuracy for AEs on physical Readys was due to gear equipped at the time they are used being fully focused on physical accuracy. Do you think it's worthwhile to make a hybrid acc/macc set for trying to land the AE portions? Or do you think it's likely that base macc is just set too low for certain pets (or even penalties for certain moves themselves) to possibly land them?

* Do we know the base stats for jugpets like INT or MAB? Is it possible that lizards are macc floored because they are just dumb as rocks w/ no INT to speak of? XD (ie: negative dINT)
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2018-02-10 19:32:58
Link | Citer | R

If you (or anyone) wanted to conduct some tests, maybe try a Ready move with additional effect: paralysis (Snow Cloud, Numbshroom).
By Nyarlko 2018-02-10 20:00:52
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
If you (or anyone) wanted to conduct some tests, maybe try a Ready move with additional effect: paralysis (Snow Cloud, Numbshroom).

The thing with those are they are magic based ready moves so I'd already be using my macc/mab set for them. ^^;;

I'm willing to give it a shot, but not sure what good targets would be for this.. Full Tali'ah plus accessories should give enough macc to be testable, but no pet:INT augs to speak of. Assume that I would need 120+ targets that don't have resist traits or related elemental resistances.

Would Stun effects show up in the chat log when they wear? Even if they landed, stun is normally a low enough duration that it should still be efficient. There are also lots of pets w/ physical stun AEs, so I'd be able to check for obvious differences between versions.

If we can figure out a way to get our AEs to reliably land, I can see this opening up our toolbox, possibly even beyond straight DPS concerns.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2018-02-11 12:11:15
Link | Citer | R

Would Stun effects show up in the chat log when they wear?

There's no notification in the chat log when pet debuffs wear off.

* I kinda figured that the low accuracy for AEs on physical Readys was due to gear equipped at the time they are used being fully focused on physical accuracy. Do you think it's worthwhile to make a hybrid acc/macc set for trying to land the AE portions?

This is the case, yes.

To illustrate, a simple quick'n'dirty test on Sweeping Gouge's Defense Down additional effect...

Method: Use the /check message to determine if the Defense-25% effect procs.

Results:
Sweeping Gouge's AELandMiss
No M.Acc+/INT+7327
Tali'ah M.Acc+1000
Familiar INT+60964

Only 100 samples per test condition, but it's immediately evident that if you want to assist your pet in landing additional effects, you want to increase their M.Acc and INT. Pretty much as expected.
By Nyarlko 2018-02-11 16:46:45
Link | Citer | R

Didn't remember ever seeing wearing messages, but don't trust my memory very much. ^^;; Thanks for running the tests already. Wow, those numbers are rather interesting. Given how Roar never failed to land on V1E (since it uses pure macc set), do you think it might be numerically worthwhile to sacrifice damage stats to ensure landing certain AE debuffs?

Doesn't that mean that Pet:INT+60 is roughly equal to ~Pet:Macc+180? O_o;;
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2018-02-11 17:12:21
Link | Citer | R

do you think it might be numerically worthwhile to sacrifice damage stats to ensure landing certain AE debuffs?

Depends on how critical the debuff is, I suppose. For some things like Corrosive/Purulent Ooze, absolutely. At the very least you could make a toggle (or separate macro) for its first usage in a fight, and then switch back to full damage sets until you need the debuff again.

Doesn't that mean that Pet:INT+60 is roughly equal to ~Pet:Macc+180? O_o;;

It doesn't.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-02-11 18:25:53
Link | Citer | R

The extra macros are what I was thinking of doing for things like Brain Crush when silence would be helpful to have.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-02-12 11:18:46
Link | Citer | R

Yeah pet debuffs are pretty annoying. When going to get the durations had to actually have them reflected back onto master. As far as the accuracy... anything super concrete is going to basically be like normal macc testing annoyingness squared. Can get some roundabout ideas on how well some land and clear macc helps but might be a bit before we get harder stuff
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-02-12 14:08:44
Link | Citer | R

Get 2 friends, 1 of which is named Brenner.
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 175 176 177