users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Rudra's Storm Update
Rudra's Storm Update
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Pantafernando 2014-12-16 09:21:20
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Valli said: »
Shiva.Ladyofhonor said: »
BG is saying a top SAM still beats THF, and I hope that's true. You never want to be #1.

BLU > SAM > 19jobs > Trust > NPC > AFK > Adventuring Fellow > THF. If you're looking for the new bandwagon, you should totally give BLU a shot. They're the best.

Rudra's update miniscule at best.

This is bull.

Obviously AFK > adventuring fellow > NPC as normally, if the npc dies, its game over.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-12-16 09:51:11
Link | Citer | R

Meh if THF is the new bandwagon, w/e, I was primarily using THF as a solo farming job, the Rudra's boost has been very welcome though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-16 11:55:39
Link | Citer | R

THF bandwagon is not acceptable. People looking to bangwagon ***hop on BLU, I hear the BLU thread loves new and upcoming BLUs, DNC too.

DNC and BRD Rudra are the way to go, THF just doesn't cut it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-16 12:30:49
Link | Citer | R

ok bro we get it
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-16 12:40:24
Link | Citer | R

I hope so. It's one thing to legitimately be amped that your favorite job finally got something nice. it's a completely different thing to suddenly go, well I guess I need to hop on the bandwagon.

There's a big difference between having to be on a job, not because it's an amazing DD, but because it's survivability. This can be the argument for the MNK bandwagon and SAM bandwagon.

Inevitably a few people are going to do it, that's their sole purpose in playing an mmo, to bandwagon.

But we can chop this *** head off the snake RIGHT NOW.

I'd take a complete Rudra's reversal over a sudden THF bandwagon. No ***.
 Odin.Terren
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Terren 2014-12-16 12:41:01
Link | Citer | R

Just curious (I am barely a thief), anyone tested Rudras in higher-difficulty stuff? D-VD battles/avatars, Delves where thf used to struggle, etc...? We did D Titan and Shiva last night with a fairly bs setup and it seemed to be a little all over the place, but they have that fun random damage reduction. Breaks the hell out of incursion though lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-16 12:44:01
Link | Citer | R

Melted Leviathan VD in 2 minutes last night. 2 THFs. (2 minute actual fight time, entrance gather, buffs etc).
 Odin.Terren
By Odin.Terren 2014-12-16 12:44:34
Link | Citer | R

Lol sweet.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Serveur: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-12-16 17:47:38
Link | Citer | R

What was the setup? Valid for all avatars?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-16 18:08:45
Link | Citer | R

We took. Thf/Run x2 Mnk/Run (our TA victim) He died though. WHM SMN BRD (Carol March Minuet). Outside COR Chaos/Hunter.

Now, I don't want to get into some massive damn debate about you should take this, you should do this, this is what you should've done etc.

I "recommend" DD/NIN for Shiva (rush) Garuda (Pclaws) Titan (he hits surprisingly hard...)

DD/RUN for Levi since he has no multi-hit pact

Hadn't done Ramuh/Ifrit Likely DD/RUN

(NIN/RUN a very good option)
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-12-16 18:30:40
Link | Citer | R

i recommend stronk thf
 Siren.Kiyara
Serveur: Siren
user: Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2014-12-16 18:39:02
Link | Citer | R

Man sounds like they broke/ruined thf >.>. Seriously SE learn how to balance. Thf needed a boost not something to break the job and make it the next monk....Sigh. Career thf here is very disappointed. It's just as bad as when they made rdm (top tier) and nerfed it to the point where it was near useless.
[+]
By Heimdel 2014-12-16 18:39:56
Link | Citer | R

How has dnc been doing with rudra storm?
By mortontony1 2014-12-16 19:01:54
Link | Citer | R

Heimdel said: »

According to dnc thread amazing, according to thf thread not nearly as good. Take your pick lol
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-12-16 19:02:00
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kiyara said: »
Man sounds like they broke/ruined thf >.>. Seriously SE learn how to balance. Thf needed a boost not something to break the job and make it the next monk....Sigh. Career thf here is very disappointed. It's just as bad as when they made rdm (top tier) and nerfed it to the point where it was near useless.

SE is like a blind kid doing stage lighting... They can rarely keep the lights pointed on the right places and some of the lights aren't even on the stage... I'm just surprised they haven't burned the theater down yet.
[+]
By Chyula 2014-12-16 20:33:54
Link | Citer | R

Now SE need to drop SATA recast timer to 30 seconds base.
[+]
By Wordspoken 2014-12-17 07:50:41
Link | Citer | R

Something about climatic flourish? Store tp to 3000 for maximum lolz.
 Leviathan.Syagin
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-12-17 08:51:44
Link | Citer | R

No way in the hell your a career THF saying this ish... I say break it MORE! as much BS we have had to deal w/ over the year "your not a DD" "bring your TH knife ONLY" etc... reduce recast on sa/ta to 10 sec please and thank you SE.
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-12-17 09:18:40
Link | Citer | R

We took. Thf/Run x2 Mnk/Run (our TA victim) He died though. WHM SMN BRD (Carol March Minuet). Outside COR Chaos/Hunter.

Now, I don't want to get into some massive damn debate about you should take this, you should do this, this is what you should've done etc.

I "recommend" DD/NIN for Shiva (rush) Garuda (Pclaws) Titan (he hits surprisingly hard...)

DD/RUN for Levi since he has no multi-hit pact

Hadn't done Ramuh/Ifrit Likely DD/RUN

(NIN/RUN a very good option)

Since I have failed the avatar runs more than I have won on level D and UP. Help me understand the reason for /RUN? I'd like to try it but would like to understand it first.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 09:24:51
Link | Citer | R

Resistance, helps lower the damage on magical BP (combined with MDT MDB MEVA sets).

Lunge/Swipe proc = stop the TP move (dnc is really good for this too).

Flash @ avatar 2hour to get hate back, as it resets hate.

It's more of a safety net. You can /war and just zerg it too.
[+]
By Giaden 2014-12-17 09:45:32
Link | Citer | R

It's all about the Resistance as Valli pointed out. Multi attack Avatars, such as Shiva, requires /nin. Other wise you can be one shotted by the multi attack tp moves. With those fights, we tend to use a Geo for Magic evasion bubble on the DDs, for more of a resistance build. These fights are very similar to the old Ouryu fights back in the day, where the pld needed a high resistance build.
Long as you can survive the 2 hours and high magic attacks, typically you'll be fine. It'll just be a matter of killing it before it wears out your whm.
Edit: We don't use pld on these fights btw.
Standard set up we use has been;
Whm/sch(or rdm sub) ~ done it /run as well for added resistance
Brd/whm
Geo(or extra DD) Depending on which avatar
DD/run or /nin ^
Thf after the recent update with Rudra just melts these nms pretty quickly as well and if you have a good mnk with mdt/pdt set, makes them a great SA/TA victim.
Save flash for when it two hours, use lunges and other tp moves when it uses either a heavy magic move or tp move to proc and basically stun it. Make sure the whm is far enough away to not get hit by magic attacks
[+]
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2014-12-17 09:58:36
Link | Citer | R

Resistance, helps lower the damage on magical BP (combined with MDT MDB MEVA sets).

Lunge/Swipe proc = stop the TP move (dnc is really good for this too).

Flash @ avatar 2hour to get hate back, as it resets hate.

It's more of a safety net. You can /war and just zerg it too.

Thank you.

Giaden said: »
It's all about the Resistance as Valli pointed out. Multi attack Avatars, such as Shiva, requires /nin. Other wise you can be one shotted by the multi attack tp moves. With those fights, we tend to use a Geo for Magic evasion bubble on the DDs, for more of a resistance build. These fights are very similar to the old Ouryu fights back in the day, where the pld needed a high resistance build.
Long as you can survive the 2 hours and high magic attacks, typically you'll be fine. It'll just be a matter of killing it before it wears out your whm.
Edit: We don't use pld on these fights btw.
Standard set up we use has been;
Whm/sch(or rdm sub) ~ done it /run as well for added resistance
Brd/whm
Geo(or extra DD) Depending on which avatar
DD/run or /nin ^
Thf after the recent update with Rudra just melts these nms pretty quickly as well and if you have a good mnk with mdt/pdt set, makes them a great SA/TA victim.
Save flash for when it two hours, use lunges and other tp moves when it uses either a heavy magic move or tp move to proc and basically stun it. Make sure the whm is far enough away to not get hit by magic attacks

Thank you.
 Siren.Kiyara
Serveur: Siren
user: Kiyara
By Siren.Kiyara 2014-12-17 18:47:34
Link | Citer | R

The way I see it is breaking us is just putting us on the same level as monks are. It doesn't justify nor satisfy. And yes, I am a career thf. I've been playing for 10 years and thf has been my main for 5-6 years. I have a Mandau to show my commitment to the job (this was during Abyssea era). I know the toil and blood we have suffered for this but it doesn't make it right to just break the job. Now you got the whole server bandwagon hopping. Job doesn't feel special anymore that's for sure. It's like milk gone sour.
[+]
 Odin.Hirokei
user: Kaisuko
By Odin.Hirokei 2014-12-17 18:56:23
Link | Citer | R

Better start playing pup so you can feel like a unique snowflake again.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 19:01:31
Link | Citer | R

The way I see it is breaking us is just putting us on the same level as monks are. It doesn't justify nor satisfy. And yes, I am a career thf. I've been playing for 10 years and thf has been my main for 5-6 years. I have a Mandau to show my commitment to the job (this was during Abyssea era). I know the toil and blood we have suffered for this but it doesn't make it right to just break the job. Now you got the whole server bandwagon hopping. Job doesn't feel special anymore that's for sure. It's like milk gone sour.

It really is disheartening to see your favorite job become infested with bandwagon filth. Never thought it would happen to THF. There was a scare for a bit with abyssea, and how broken evisceration was, but mnk still held firm.

I said it before, I'd give back the rudras "fix" to stem the flood of lolthfs... and the inevitable "backlash" that follows.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Serveur: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2014-12-17 19:11:07
Link | Citer | R

For a guy who doesn't want people to think THF is the new hot thing, you sure post a lot of Rudra's damage screenshots.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-12-17 19:16:56
Link | Citer | R

Wordspoken said: »
Something about climatic flourish? Store tp to 3000 for maximum lolz.

There are a few options, but Climactic is a semi-awkward flourish to use in a skillchain.

PK's actually stronger than RS at 1000 TP, but it's eclipsed pretty quickly since DNC's gameplay favors holding TP a little bit and PK's damage doesn't scale with it.

I'm rather liking saving TP, then Wild > Climactic > RS.
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-12-17 19:17:27
Link | Citer | R

I wanna brag, obviously. I put up just as much anti-thf and pro-blu pro-dnc as possible.

And you haven't seen anything yet, you call that A LOT? I can show you a lot. lol. I have not yet begun to post screenshots.

I have THOUSANDS just from this week.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2014-12-17 19:22:10
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
For a guy who doesn't want people to think THF is the new hot thing, you sure post a lot of Rudra's damage screenshots.

block feature is your friend in times like these jean

<3
[+]
 Odin.Hirokei
user: Kaisuko
By Odin.Hirokei 2014-12-17 19:37:51
Link | Citer | R

Show those thousands of screenshots. I'm looking for a reason to main thief. You can be my inspiration.