Bahamut.Demoncard
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Demoncard
By Bahamut.Demoncard 2014-07-02 03:14:34
Link | Citer | R

dragomair said: »
Actually, considering Asura is the official Reddit server
All the more reason to avoid it. Upboated. :^)

The grass is always greener on the other side. Bahamut may be a *&$%hole, but it's a shithole home to me. I don't see much point in moving servers in FFXI.

No, don't +1 me, Soraishin, I'm disagreeing with both of you. There's little merit in moving servers in FFXI, and I can't see why anyone would want to move to Bahamut if they don't already live here and have established connections.
[+]
By dragomair 2014-07-02 03:18:44
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Demoncard said: »

The grass is always greener on the other side. Bahamut may be a *&$%hole, but it's a shithole home to me. I don't see much point in moving servers in FFXI.

Why is that a reason to avoid it?
Reddit is actually a really good place for new players with questions.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2014-07-02 03:22:27
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
The eus from carby transferring makes sense we have barely 600 on during prime on weekdays and the NA numbers do not fair much better. the jap pop of course is carbys strong point always has been though....
Only 600 during prime? O.o

Last night when I logged on after work the pop was 614 at around 8pm gmt.
 Bahamut.Demoncard
By Bahamut.Demoncard 2014-07-02 03:23:48
Link | Citer | R

Reddit is actually a really good place
You are a funny man.

new players
Most of the people you think are new players, are in fact returning players from long ago. There's hardly any genuine new players. By all means, refer me to a thread with a handful of new players who may or may not still be playing.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-02 03:24:41
Link | Citer | R

No, don't +1 me, Soraishin, I'm disagreeing with both of you. There's little merit in moving servers in FFXI, and I can't see why anyone would want to move to Bahamut if they don't already live here and have established connections.

missed that whole segment about makin money it seems, i'm inviting peeps to come to the server who having issues which is alot of peeps if you check the forums regular, at same time i'm lookin to camp some dead servers for few days to bring back the good stuffs for sale. but i hit the like about reddit, idc what else you said :3
By dragomair 2014-07-02 03:31:40
Link | Citer | R

Reddit is actually a really good place
You are a funny man.

new players
Most of the people you think are new players, are in fact returning players from long ago. There's hardly any genuine new players. By all means, refer me to a thread with a handful of new players who may or may not still be playing.

I can't link you to a thread, but I have a few people in my linkshell that genuinely joined a few weeks ago.
 Bahamut.Demoncard
By Bahamut.Demoncard 2014-07-02 03:31:52
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »
missed that whole segment about makin money it seems, i'm inviting peeps to come to the server who having issues which is alot of peeps if you check the forums regular, at same time i'm lookin to camp some dead servers for few days to bring back the good stuffs for sale. but i hit the like about reddit, idc what else you said :3
No, I read it, and that idea's fairly common. I didn't comment on it because I'm not sure how viable it is, given that it's a pain to deal with Square Enix switch servers. But by all means try it.

I can't link you to a thread, but I have a few people in my linkshell that genuinely joined a few weeks ago.
Of those few people, how many will still be playing a month from now? Two months from now? Six?
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-02 03:35:40
Link | Citer | R

easier to transfer now than its ever been, as for being lucrative thats to be determined, like for instance some servers may be charging hella higher prices for stuffs we getting for cheap on our server so atm i'm researching what i'm gonna stock on when i hop over for a few days to do my camping , so at same time i'm bring in gils. then i'm also lookin for the servers who have peeps in need of delve, its my bread and butter so might as well make use of it. but lastly, i will have those gaiters the natural way , one way or the other, i've never gotten em to drop and let alone be on time to claim the pop so thats my goal atm.
By dragomair 2014-07-02 03:42:44
Link | Citer | R

No, I read it, and that idea's fairly common. I didn't comment on it because I'm not sure how viable it is, given that it's a pain to deal with Square Enix switch servers. But by all means try it.

Of those few people, how many will still be playing a month from now? Two months from now? Six?

The one I'm thinking of seems to love the game as much as some older players.
In the two weeks they've been playing, they've 117'd their job, gotten some missions done, and even done some delve/aas.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-02 03:45:29
Link | Citer | R

thats cool tho, sounds like he's off to a pretty good start. Keep him on those missions, half the fun is in the stories.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-02 06:16:53
Link | Citer | R

Makado transferred into bahamut after reading this, we workin on his shark clear now ^^
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2014-07-02 06:22:45
Link | Citer | R

Too bad you couldnt get that Tojil going after shouting for 30 mins :p

Bahamut i just like everywhere else: A sausage fest of DD. If you have mages in your friends you can start anything at any time really quick. But heavens forbid your shout is lacking the mageslots.
[+]
By Fyyvoaa 2014-07-02 06:32:33
Link | Citer | R

I have been toying with the idea of coming back for a few months (at least now...) and transferring to bahamut (my origin) but ... i'm so far behind :/
[+]
 Bahamut.Malothar
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2014-07-02 06:49:46
Link | Citer | R

Fyyvoaa said: »
I have been toying with the idea of coming back for a few months (at least now...) and transferring to bahamut (my origin) but ... i'm so far behind :/

You and whoever else transfers, bring all dem cheap HPBs with you. :O Bahamut might be one of the more popular servers, but it's certainly got a lot of pains that smaller servers are spared, higher costs, more competition, more bads, etc. War/Dnc in Delve is one such thing you just might save yourself from. :3

friend of mine named Protectorchrono went to carby last year and had to wait the full time to transfer back, the second he could transfer back he jumped on it. never did ask him why tho, you guys know him?

Pretty sure he either quit or transferred again after he QQ took over Enigma's merc thread on these boards, haven't seen him in game since he got called out for wanting to merc on another server, but carried on about how terrible and bad it was for 3 pages on Enigma's post. Dunno if he was banned here or not.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-02 07:13:02
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Too bad you couldnt get that Tojil going after shouting for 30 mins :p

Bahamut i just like everywhere else: A sausage fest of DD. If you have mages in your friends you can start anything at any time really quick. But heavens forbid your shout is lacking the mageslots.

we ended up doin shark runs, got thru 1~5 w/ 22 mins to spare but JP whm kept getting 1 shot by shark, both runs, kinda a big letdown from the JP community, they gotta take her back asap
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-02 07:13:40
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Malothar said: »
Fyyvoaa said: »

You and whoever else transfers, bring all dem cheap HPBs with you. :O Bahamut might be one of the more popular servers, but it's certainly got a lot of pains that smaller servers are spared, higher costs, more competition, more bads, etc. War/Dnc in Delve is one such thing you just might save yourself from. :3

friend of mine named Protectorchrono went to carby last year and had to wait the full time to transfer back, the second he could transfer back he jumped on it. never did ask him why tho, you guys know him?

Pretty sure he either quit or transferred again after he QQ took over Enigma's merc thread on these boards, haven't seen him in game since he got called out for wanting to merc on another server, but carried on about how terrible and bad it was for 3 pages on Enigma's post. Dunno if he was banned here or not.

i havn't seen him in a while, i gotta check that post out, i love a good flame war

only thing i'm bring back to bahamut if i do go dead server hunting is them gaiters yo, can't never get the Tiamat claim on bahamut but i'd be willing to be i can nab it on valefor or something
 Bahamut.Shirai
user: Shirai
By Bahamut.Shirai 2014-07-02 07:34:20
Link | Citer | R

i havn't seen him in a while, i gotta check that post out, i love a good flame war

That conversation has been removed.
While the attention and free bumps were nice and it didn't really effect us in a negative manner, our attention is better spent on other things.

we ended up doin shark runs, got thru 1~5 w/ 22 mins to spare but JP whm kept getting 1 shot by shark, both runs, kinda a big letdown from the JP community, they gotta take her back asap

You might not want to blame this on the white mage entirely.
Positioning in this fight is also a very important aspect for your dds.
If even one of them is positioned wrong the white mage has no other choice but to stand in Mayhem range to be able to cure them.

Since you yourself are also saying that the whm was Japanese, maybe just maybe they didn't know how to tell the DD to move his ***.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-02 15:42:10
Link | Citer | R

sounds good in theory cept everyone was in position, and the whm ran directly into marine mayhem not once, not twice, but 3 times in the course of 2 diff shark runs. Thats either a person unfamiliar w/ the content , or intentional sabotage(which does happen on this server btw) idk how often you do PUG but i've seen JP's intentionally ruin runs or d2 peeps for no reason all the time, gives me a chuckle everytime but feel bad for the guys who were there for their clears.
By Jetackuu 2014-07-02 15:52:20
Link | Citer | R

Sora, I'm going to eat then get back on.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-02 15:57:30
Link | Citer | R

sweet, send /tell when you login i'm on right now
 Sylph.Agentblade
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Agentblade 2014-07-02 16:36:02
Link | Citer | R

If you wanna dead server, come to sylph! If you come for tiamat, he is still camped all the time and im sure will still be on all servers. Im not to clear on what other Nms you plan on camping to make gils that is actually worth the time. Between dyna, salvage, and plasm farming, I dont know if there is any other competitive market left. Sylph is usually dead with the exception of shells trying to fill a single spot for a run or just random shouts from peeps bored as hell or not in any shell that can get clears. I cant speak for JP primetime numbers.
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2014-07-02 19:09:47
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Agentblade said: »
If you wanna dead server, come to sylph! If you come for tiamat, he is still camped all the time and im sure will still be on all servers. Im not to clear on what other Nms you plan on camping to make gils that is actually worth the time. Between dyna, salvage, and plasm farming, I dont know if there is any other competitive market left. Sylph is usually dead with the exception of shells trying to fill a single spot for a run or just random shouts from peeps bored as hell or not in any shell that can get clears. I cant speak for JP primetime numbers.

sounds tempting actually, how does WoE's items sell there, gear and ws items wise?
 Shiva.Devrom
Serveur: Shiva
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-07-24 06:59:25
Link | Citer | R

Simple question: is there any EU shell on Bahamut that isn't already flooding with members and can accept an above average but active player like me? Only then I can consider moving. Shiva is like a graveyard of EU linkshells.
 Carbuncle.Cianti
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Cianti
By Carbuncle.Cianti 2014-07-24 20:46:37
Link | Citer | R

Just logged off, my server had 590 people online.
 Valefor.Slore
Serveur: Valefor
user: Slore
By Valefor.Slore 2014-07-24 21:24:09
Link | Citer | R

581 people on Valefor right now, haven't seen it above 800 in forever. Absolutely no EU linkshells. Tons of shouts for simple stuff like AA fights etc. Lots of pug Tojil shouts. I would say truthfully 75-100 mules in Ru Lude at any given time. Mainly 5 EGLS but most only have around 5-10ish players in them. Selling delve wins seems popular along with VW but that's bout it.
By Elazar1 2014-07-24 22:20:38
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Devrom said: »
Simple question: is there any EU shell on Bahamut that isn't already flooding with members and can accept an above average but active player like me? Only then I can consider moving. Shiva is like a graveyard of EU linkshells.
There's only really 1 Eu ls on the sever. Even the NA ls scene is dreadful on baha. Mostly Pug groups and our shouts are dead
 Shiva.Devrom
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2014-07-25 00:55:05
Link | Citer | R

Elazar1 said: »
There's only really 1 Eu ls on the sever. Even the NA ls scene is dreadful on baha. Mostly Pug groups and our shouts are dead

Ouch, and I bet they don't recruit anymore, right? Thanks for the info anyway. It doesn't sound much different than Shiva...
By Jetackuu 2014-07-25 01:38:11
Link | Citer | R

The ls I'm in does stuff about daily, but I mostly goof off or am in dyna. Edit: iirc, they do ADL sunday now, for whatever reason.
 Shiva.Siviard
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2014-07-25 02:05:17
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, Shiva is quite the desolate place during EU Primetime. Lucky to see 600+ online during those times, and maybe 50% of that are mules/afk