Game: FFXI
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-06-26 14:03:53
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Mattyc said: »
Cerberus.Weissberv said: »
Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
Aw some Masa user is completely wrong.

How exactly am I wrong? You're probably going to pull out the "on paper" stuff, right? I've seen all three REMs and Tsurumaru very frequently used in a large amount of situations and non of which Koga has appeared to completely dominated any of those. I did say Koga is better for damage, however you're making out that Masamune is completely useless... which it isn't because it has trumped every Tsurumaru user I've seen and have yet to be proven wrong that Tsurumaru is indeed the better weapon.

whoever was using that Koga was a tool.

Stop we'll get nerfed if you guys continue, koga is bad, masamune is on par with koga, nothing to see here move on :(
[+]
 Cerberus.Weissberv
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Weissberv
By Cerberus.Weissberv 2014-06-26 14:07:02
Link | Citer | R

Mhmm, I wonder why Koga is still apparently the better weapon even if you're lacking accuracy. Sure you can get that bonus 2-3 times but if you're whiffing it then it's completely pointless. Amano has more accuracy AND it has the damage bonus on it through normal hits and both of these don't require any sort of aftermath. I guess it must be the "Koga club"!!!!!!!!!!!!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-26 14:07:53
Link | Citer | R

You know you have 16 slots right? And a food slot and various buff slots?
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Ccl 2014-06-26 14:08:05
Link | Citer | R

Mhmm, I wonder why Koga is still apparently the better weapon even if you're lacking accuracy. Sure you can get that bonus 2-3 times but if you're whiffing it then it's completely pointless. Amano has more accuracy AND it has the damage bonus on it through normal hits and both of these don't require any sort of aftermath. I guess it must be the "Koga club"!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah those guys are butthurt they made koga when amano is clearly better for 6 man stuff, they also don't consider feeling in their maths
 Fenrir.Nitenichi
Serveur: Fenrir
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Nitenichi 2014-06-26 14:15:03
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Cerberus.Weissberv
By Cerberus.Weissberv 2014-06-26 14:15:08
Link | Citer | R

I never said Masamune is on par with Koga, and I did say I'm not biased because I have one. I'm just saying it's no-where near as bad as people make it out to be out of personal experiences from parses with various mythics, relics and tsurumaru SAM users since the REM revival.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-06-26 14:15:13
Link | Citer | R

koga is way better though. and theres no butthurt here.
 Cerberus.Weissberv
By Cerberus.Weissberv 2014-06-26 14:16:10
Link | Citer | R

P.S. MNKs don't catch up either. :P
 Cerberus.Weissberv
By Cerberus.Weissberv 2014-06-26 14:21:27
Link | Citer | R

So yes, to the OP. Make a Koga for damage if you want to make a REM, don't bother with Masamune and Amano is far to situational to make at the moment. Anything other than Koga: Tsurumaru!
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-06-26 14:36:49
Link | Citer | R

How exactly am I wrong? You're probably going to pull out the "on paper" stuff, right? I've seen all three REMs and Tsurumaru very frequently used in a large amount of situations and non of which Koga has appeared to completely dominated any of those. I did say Koga is better for damage, however you're making out that Masamune is completely useless... which it isn't because it has trumped every Tsurumaru user I've seen and have yet to be proven wrong that Tsurumaru is indeed the better weapon.

We're on the same Server you bring your Masamune and I shall use Tsurumaru, and even if you win, all it proves it that you might hit your keyboard faster than I.

A;though I have looked at Masamune and it might be better thana Tsurumaru, but again its hard to judge on content requiring it.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2014-06-26 14:38:56
Link | Citer | R

I support this challenge. Tonight, yorcia delve... I'll bring the cor or whm! :D
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-06-26 14:39:56
Link | Citer | R

this thread unexpectedly (though maybe not unsurprisingly) delivers
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-06-26 14:46:22
Link | Citer | R

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
this thread unexpectedly (though maybe not unsurprisingly) delivers

Sweeping commments about whats better than what is Nonsense, EPeen contests and bragging rights it where a thread should be!
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-06-26 14:59:58
Link | Citer | R

Avoid Masamune like the plague.

Inferior to a direct drop weapon from a weak boss.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-26 15:07:41
Link | Citer | R

Murasame best great katana p much. Fire resistance makes you resist Amnesia 100% of the time and increases your Koki affinity. Ignore all these plebs talking about Koga and Fudo.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-26 15:10:02
Link | Citer | R

Sam with Ryunohige is pretty strong. Especially if you spam King's Justice.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-06-26 15:11:45
Link | Citer | R

Someone should ask SE to give koga 35 save tp, it's not fair we're barely better than a weapon weaker than a boss drop :/
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Serveur: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-06-26 15:13:07
Link | Citer | R

This thread needs more discussion of possible monk nerfs. Need more balance!
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-06-26 15:17:18
Link | Citer | R

Square Enix know we don't like nerf, and should just buff us, maybe make Hakagure a job trait ? TP bonus as a job trait would only be fair for sam.
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-06-26 15:18:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ccl said: »
Square Enix know we don't like nerf, and should just buff us, maybe make Hakagure a job trait ? TP bonus as a job trait would only be fair for sam.

TP Bonus Trait 9000 at all times?

I approve.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-26 15:18:20
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

We're on the same Server you bring your Masamune and I shall use Tsurumaru, and even if you win, all it proves it that you might hit your keyboard faster than I.

A;though I have looked at Masamune and it might be better thana Tsurumaru, but again its hard to judge on content requiring it.

Outside of Ionis, Masamune > Tsuru on most targets, but not by enough to justify making one over the other options.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-06-26 15:24:40
Link | Citer | R

Not sure what all these amano is better if high acc is needed business is about... if we ignore the crazy eva battle that only rngs really get to play on (aka AA VD MR), the only crazy eva mob i can think of is T4 yorcia, and the sam i play with still manages to cap hit rate with a koga, with double marcato-ed non SV madrigals being the only acc buffs he gets.

I guess with amano you don't have to stack as much acc to cap hit rate, but does that make you outparse a koga in that situation?
By Pantafernando 2014-06-26 15:28:31
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Spirachub said: »
Not sure what all these amano is better if high acc is needed business is about... if we ignore the crazy eva battle that only rngs really get to play on (aka AA VD MR), the only crazy eva mob i can think of is T4 yorcia, and the sam i play with still manages to cap hit rate with a koga, with double marcato-ed non SV madrigals being the only acc buffs he gets.

I guess with amano you don't have to stack as much acc to cap hit rate, but does that make you outparse a koga in that situation?

Do you use random deal to do double marcato?
By ScaevolaBahamut 2014-06-26 15:35:23
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Sam with Ryunohige is pretty strong. Especially if you spam King's Justice.

i prefer jishnu's for the defense down

Quote:
This thread needs more discussion of possible monk nerfs. Need more balance!

seriously, the idea of giving SAM (and eventually others) sweeping damage buffs because they think everybody likes MNK's damage output is pretty hilarious
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-06-26 15:37:02
Link | Citer | R

when it makes the difference between eating pizza or meat, or when you can skip a madrigal and get a minuet, that's when Amano is worth using over other options, but Koga is still ahead on anything you really bring sam to. The point being, it's just not as far ahead as spreadsheets lead you do believe, and it's by far the least forgiving.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-26 15:37:42
Link | Citer | R

ew pizza, rockfin soup or bust!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-06-26 15:37:52
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Killkenny said: »
I know someone who has all three and is a complete idiot, we should wait for his opinion before making a decision.

DENNN

DENNNHASSSSS
masamune is blue so it is best
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-26 15:43:16
Link | Citer | R

You sure have to consider that Masa is the thickest, which makes it very good.
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-06-26 15:43:20
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
when it makes the difference between eating pizza or meat, or when you can skip a madrigal and get a minuet, that's when Amano is worth using over other options, but Koga is still ahead on anything you really bring sam to. The point being, it's just not as far ahead as spreadsheets lead you do believe, and it's by far the least forgiving.

Nope uncapped attack/capped accuracy amano using rcb is weaker than the same setup using sushi+koga.