Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » Samurai Ultimate Weapon
Samurai Ultimate Weapon
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-06-27 00:16:02
Link | Citer | R

the EVA down is particularly nice considering firefly spam, also kinda nice for mandy
 Asura.Ccl
Serveur: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2014-06-27 06:09:00
Link | Citer | R

This skillchain buff is a secret tactic from SE to make us farm job point for meikyo then nerf it all again
By SakimaAsura 2014-07-04 14:03:57
Link | Citer | R

With how much tp dmg scales after update, I just don’t see how anyone could even say that Masamune is the weakest of all the notable weapons. I guess a Masamune sam must not have the same abilities as a Koga/Tsu/Amano Samurai. In no way am I saying Masamune is better then Koga I know better, im very familiar with the mechanic of AM3. What i am saying, is that Masamune is very formidable weapon after the update.
Not sure why anyone would only maintain am1 after the update when Sam practically starts off with AM2 in every situation, not to mention you could build Aftermath in the scale of 1>2>3. Hope this can stay civil but if not my heart is ready.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-07-04 14:51:13
Link | Citer | R

They'd want your a** ready, not your heart.

On a more serious note, Koga asap.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2014-07-04 14:57:48
Link | Citer | R

masa is bad
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Serveur: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-07-06 23:40:08
Link | Citer | R

SakimaAsura said: »
With how much tp dmg scales after update, I just don’t see how anyone could even say that Masamune is the weakest of all the notable weapons. I guess a Masamune sam must not have the same abilities as a Koga/Tsu/Amano Samurai. In no way am I saying Masamune is better then Koga I know better, im very familiar with the mechanic of AM3. What i am saying, is that Masamune is very formidable weapon after the update.
Not sure why anyone would only maintain am1 after the update when Sam practically starts off with AM2 in every situation, not to mention you could build Aftermath in the scale of 1>2>3. Hope this can stay civil but if not my heart is ready.

What does Masa have to recommend it? I'm being serious. At least Amano has 40 ACC, so it's not bad in non-Ionis situations where you need a lot of accuracy.
By Ajerian 2014-07-07 00:31:11
Link | Citer | R

SAM is a secondary DD job for me, currently I'm using Sam JSE GK until I get Anahera Blade or Tsu. Does anyone else use JSE? Getting koga or masa would be nice but I'm not willing to put the time in after building 3 relics for other jobs.

Just curious to see what people are using in place of RME and delve weapons.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-07-07 00:59:52
Link | Citer | R

Last I checked, the GKT from Tchakka augmented with OAT(and probably accuracy, depending on what you do) was just barely worse than Tsuru
By Ajerian 2014-07-07 01:11:29
Link | Citer | R

I just got that this weekend, I'll look into the augments. Thank you.
 Ragnarok.Saintsfan
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Saintsfan
By Ragnarok.Saintsfan 2014-07-07 02:36:32
Link | Citer | R

To the original poster.

If you love Samurai and have the time and Gil to throw at Koga then by all means do so. It's a fantastic weapon in every way. If you're looking for very very good alternatives for little to no effort pick up the aforementioned Tsurumaru. It can do formidable damage especially in Ionis zones. Anahera Blade is also very good, especially for zerg situations like Stellar Fulcrum BC or just in general outside Ionis. If you already have Amano or Masa they too can do well. You'll want access to Tachi Fudo no matter your weapon of choice.
Hope that helps.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-07-07 04:41:11
Link | Citer | R

Duh here guys

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-07-07 06:18:47
Link | Citer | R

You chose this version of Masamune?

Terrible.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Serveur: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2014-07-07 10:33:59
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
Last I checked, the GKT from Tchakka augmented with OAT(and probably accuracy, depending on what you do) was just barely worse than Tsuru

For stuff like T4/T5/MB Yorcia, it seems like the 115 ilvl and lower accuracy would hurt Azukinagamitsu quite a bit. I'll have to play with the samurai spreadsheet and see.
 Asura.Fondue
Serveur: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2014-07-07 11:31:35
Link | Citer | R

no wai