First Page 2 3 ... 151 152 153 ... 180 181 182
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2019-04-18 09:11:36
Link | Citer | R

RebornedHero said: »
I have just returned to the game this week and am trying to get the hand of gearswap again. Last night I was having some issues and I believe the issue is gearswap related. I have noticed the issue so far is on at least Blue Mage and I think Dark Knight and could be on all jobs. After playing for a little while my character becomes unable to cast any spells, or do any abilities unless I disable gearswap, change to a different job or exit FFXI (reloading gearswap doesnt fix the problem). If I change my job back to Blue Mage it still doesn't work either. Does anyone have any idea what the issue is? Could my BLU.lua, gearswap or windower be out of date? I had put quite a bit of time into gearswap for BLU when I last played.

I did just install DGvoodoo which is the only new feature I have introduced to my PC. Maybe I should reinstall windower or FFXI?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Next time you notice this problem, open up the windower console. If you posted what you found there, it may be possible to help you out. Otherwise, if you narrow down which job's lua is the cause, you could pastebin the contents.
By RebornedHero 2019-04-18 14:33:29
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
I have just returned to the game this week and am trying to get the hand of gearswap again. Last night I was having some issues and I believe the issue is gearswap related. I have noticed the issue so far is on at least Blue Mage and I think Dark Knight and could be on all jobs. After playing for a little while my character becomes unable to cast any spells, or do any abilities unless I disable gearswap, change to a different job or exit FFXI (reloading gearswap doesnt fix the problem). If I change my job back to Blue Mage it still doesn't work either. Does anyone have any idea what the issue is? Could my BLU.lua, gearswap or windower be out of date? I had put quite a bit of time into gearswap for BLU when I last played.

I did just install DGvoodoo which is the only new feature I have introduced to my PC. Maybe I should reinstall windower or FFXI?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Next time you notice this problem, open up the windower console. If you posted what you found there, it may be possible to help you out. Otherwise, if you narrow down which job's lua is the cause, you could pastebin the contents.

Unfortunately the console doesn't state anything. It just stops me from being able to activate abilities or cast magic.
 Bismarck.Xurion
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-04-18 15:33:55
Link | Citer | R

You'll need to post your lua code. Please do so in code tags :)
 Asura.Uzugami
Serveur: Asura
user: SSJAV
By Asura.Uzugami 2019-05-01 01:53:37
Link | Citer | R

Trying to edit/add a spell into my WHM's lua; debugmode says it's trying to equip the set but it's equipping gear that I don't have tied to the set in question.

Gear I'm trying to use is:
I literally just added sets.midcast.Haste to the lua and it's being picked up...but nowhere near the gear i've set for it. Any clue as to why it's doing that?
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-05-03 14:22:42
Link | Citer | R

on a Mote 2 lua, Is it possible to have the Lua read current OffenseMode because atm all my Lua's, if in a OffenseMode other than 'Normal' , HybridMode's wont work until I return to OffenseMode 'Normal'. Which is annoying if Im in Midacc sets or such.
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2019-05-03 15:15:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
on a Mote 2 lua, Is it possible to have the Lua read current OffenseMode because atm all my Lua's, if in a OffenseMode other than 'Normal' , HybridMode's wont work until I return to OffenseMode 'Normal'. Which is annoying if Im in Midacc sets or such.

The following sets allow HybridMode = 'PDT' to account for OffenseModes 'Mid' and 'Acc'.
Code
sets.engaged.PDT
sets.engaged.Mid.PDT
sets.engaged.Acc.PDT 
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-05-03 16:52:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Uzugami said: »
Trying to edit/add a spell into my WHM's lua; debugmode says it's trying to equip the set but it's equipping gear that I don't have tied to the set in question.

Gear I'm trying to use is:
I literally just added sets.midcast.Haste to the lua and it's being picked up...but nowhere near the gear i've set for it. Any clue as to why it's doing that?
Can you post full Lua?
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2019-05-03 17:26:10
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
Can you post full Lua?
 Bahamut.Ayasha
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ayasha
By Bahamut.Ayasha 2019-05-03 18:47:22
Link | Citer | R

With the exception of the eye-twitching amounts of curly braces you have in that line, the lua looks ok. Your problem, so far as I can tell, is 'Haste' spells are not mapped in Mote's includes, so you will need to either specifically tell GS what spell that gear set is referencing:
Code
sets.midcast['Haste'] = {main={ name="Grioavolr", augments={'Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +9','Mag. Acc.+18',}},legs={ name="Telchine Braconi", augments={'"Cure" potency +8%','Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +9',}}}
sets.midcast['Haste II'] = {main={ name="Grioavolr", augments={'Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +9','Mag. Acc.+18',}},legs={ name="Telchine Braconi", augments={'"Cure" potency +8%','Enh. Mag. eff. dur. +9',}}}

Or make a rule in your job_post_midcast set.
Code
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    -- Apply Divine Caress boosting items as highest priority over other gear, if applicable.
    if spellMap == 'StatusRemoval' and buffactive['Divine Caress'] then
        equip(sets.buff['Divine Caress'])
    end
if spell.english:startswith('Haste') then
        equip (sets.midcast.Haste)
    end
end

I'm sure there's another method, but these should work. Haven't tested them, but I'm sure some permutation of the above letters will have some effect.

Hope this helps!
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2019-05-03 19:27:01
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ayasha said: »
With the exception of the eye-twitching amounts of curly braces you have in that line, the lua looks ok.
I ended up just copying them from the export, even though she only has 1 of each they refused to equip otherwise(For Protect/shell anyway.) I'll give the ['Haste'] a try!
Code
if spell.english:startswith('Haste') then
        equip (sets.midcast.Haste)
    end
end

Interesting, I'm bad at understanding lua stuff but if that line should work, would this also work with something like, BLU spells while subbing BLU?
 Bahamut.Ayasha
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ayasha
By Bahamut.Ayasha 2019-05-03 20:44:03
Link | Citer | R

If you aren't using Mote's libraries in your RUN lua then it may not work properly as vanilla GearSwap doesn't automatically handle that. Or you may have something that is overriding your swapping. Hard to diagnose without seeing the lua, but those are common errors... as well as spelling errors. Troubleshooting your own code is a great way to learn the language. Keep it up!
 Asura.Iamarealgirl
user: Latravant
By Asura.Iamarealgirl 2019-05-09 15:50:48
Link | Citer | R

anyone know why my mote thf file isnt working when i tried to change treasure hunter modes?
i've copied and pasted the files (both the mote-treasure hunter file and the THF.lua) directly from the github page, but its still not working, it switches all my gear when i ws or enter idle mode. but when i try to switch treasure hunter modes i get a "mote-libs: cycle: unknown field {targetmode} error.
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-05-10 02:10:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Iamarealgirl said: »
anyone know why my mote thf file isnt working when i tried to change treasure hunter modes?
i've copied and pasted the files (both the mote-treasure hunter file and the THF.lua) directly from the github page, but its still not working, it switches all my gear when i ws or enter idle mode. but when i try to switch treasure hunter modes i get a "mote-libs: cycle: unknown field {targetmode} error.
Without seeing your Lua, it's impossible to say.

The logic to handle TH gear is placed throughout the Lua file, as seen here: https://github.com/Kinematics/GearSwap-Jobs/blob/master/THF.lua
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-10 02:13:02
Link | Citer | R

The update is causing an error on line 461 packet_parsing

Possibly due to the new icon from emporox
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-05-10 02:31:47
Link | Citer | R

Should be fixed once the new resource files for Windower are published and downloaded.

Edit: Resources are now updated.
https://github.com/Windower/Resources/commit/1112fedf07d4f3ed00aaccab66737abdd994753d
 Asura.Aillas
By Asura.Aillas 2019-05-27 01:20:44
Link | Citer | R

Hi, I experienced a strange issue trying to load gearswap today. It reported error about not fining targerts.lua/.dll, or something. Why has this file randomly disappeared? GS was working fine a few hours earlier on my previous login.
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-05-27 02:47:14
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aillas said: »
Hi, I experienced a strange issue trying to load gearswap today. It reported error about not fining targerts.lua/.dll, or something. Why has this file randomly disappeared? GS was working fine a few hours earlier on my previous login.
addons\GearSwap\targets.lua is a file that comes with Gearswap. There could be a hundred different reasons why it's no longer there.

You can obtain another copy of the file from https://github.com/Windower/Lua/blob/dev/addons/GearSwap/targets.lua
[+]
 Asura.Aillas
By Asura.Aillas 2019-05-27 03:09:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aillas said: »
addons\GearSwap\targets.lua is a file that comes with Gearswap. There could be a hundred different reasons why it's no longer there.

You can obtain another copy of the file from https://github.com/Windower/Lua/blob/dev/addons/GearSwap/targets.lua

Ty
[+]
 Odin.Medicat
Serveur: Odin
user: Rassius
By Odin.Medicat 2019-06-02 00:37:02
Link | Citer | R

I'm trying to create a toggle for my gearswap to change between two specific sets depending on whether I am currently in one or the other, however I'm getting an error.

User file problem: C:FFXI Windower/addons/gearswap/data/Medicat/COR.lua:565 'then' expected near '='

I'm not exactly sure what the proper way to form this argument is. This is how it's currently written. Full lua paste below. Can anyone help me with this? The argument is from 563-574. Thanks!

elseif command == 'toggle standard' then
if player.sub_job == 'NIN' or player.sub_job == 'DNC' then
if engaged_ind = 1
send_command('gs c equipset acc')
else
send_command('gs c equipset standard')
else
if swengaged_ind = 1
else
end

https://pastebin.com/g5xDEts8
 Cerberus.Dougg
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Dougg
By Cerberus.Dougg 2019-06-02 07:53:11
Link | Citer | R

Missing a "then" and a second "=". = is for assign, == is for comparison.

if engaged_ind == 1 then
if swengaged_ind == 1 then

Formatting aside, it looks like you'd be better off modifying your status_change function to actually handle the equipping and just have this toggle change a variable.
 Phoenix.Garaku
user: Garaku
By Phoenix.Garaku 2019-06-02 10:54:30
Link | Citer | R

So something started happening to my luas last night where my ambu capes stopped swapping. I decided to do an export to see if there was an issue and it seems like all of my Resin augments on my ambu capes have:

back={ name="Intarabus's Cape", augments={'CHR+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','Mag. Acc.+10','"Fast Cast"+10','System: 1 ID: 1155 Val: 4',}},

If I change it in my lua to what it says here, it still doesn't work though.. Nobody else I know is having this problem however.
 Bismarck.Tesiex
user: Tesiex
By Bismarck.Tesiex 2019-06-02 11:30:08
Link | Citer | R

After playing for a little while my character becomes unable to cast any spells, or do any abilities unless I disable gearswap, ... or exit FFXI (reloading gearswap doesnt fix the problem).

Doesn't look like this ever got a LUA posted against it or resolved and I'm having the exact same problem. When this happens it's like GearSwap isn't getting any input at all. Nothing shows in debug mode or for "showswaps" or the console. When I unload GearSwap and load it again it loads the LUA just fine but still can't cast anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated. ^_^/
 Odin.Medicat
Serveur: Odin
user: Rassius
By Odin.Medicat 2019-06-02 23:41:58
Link | Citer | R

That was definitely the syntax error. The lua loads without error now, but it doesn't actually function as intended. This is what I currently have...

elseif command == 'toggle standard' then
if player.sub_job == 'NIN' or player.sub_job == 'DNC' then
if #sets.engaged.index >= 2 then
else
end

It will always equip my standard set, but when I input the toggle if my index is currently one, it won't detect it and use the equipset acc command to set my index to 2. Am I making this more complicated than it needs to be?
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-06-03 03:27:57
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Tesiex said: »
After playing for a little while my character becomes unable to cast any spells, or do any abilities unless I disable gearswap, ... or exit FFXI (reloading gearswap doesnt fix the problem).

Doesn't look like this ever got a LUA posted against it or resolved and I'm having the exact same problem. When this happens it's like GearSwap isn't getting any input at all. Nothing shows in debug mode or for "showswaps" or the console. When I unload GearSwap and load it again it loads the LUA just fine but still can't cast anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated. ^_^/
Does this happen even when you select a spell from the menu?

When you see the issue, try unloading Gearswap completely, then casting a spell, then reloading it, and casting another spell.
[+]
 Bismarck.Tesiex
user: Tesiex
By Bismarck.Tesiex 2019-06-03 07:34:05
Link | Citer | R

When you see the issue, try unloading Gearswap completely, then casting a spell, then reloading it, and casting another spell.

Yes, can't cast/ability from the menu at all.

When this happens the only way I've found to get any kind of control back is to do "lua unload gearswap" in the console. This lets me use the menu and macros again (though obviously no gearswap functionality).

Reloading gear swap (lua load gearswap) from this state results in being stuck again.

Tried engaging/disengaging in this state and I could but saw nothing from gearswap (no debug in chat window or swaps).
 Bismarck.Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2019-06-03 17:01:49
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Tesiex said: »

Yes, can't cast/ability from the menu at all.

When this happens the only way I've found to get any kind of control back is to do "lua unload gearswap" in the console. This lets me use the menu and macros again (though obviously no gearswap functionality).

Reloading gear swap (lua load gearswap) from this state results in being stuck again.

Tried engaging/disengaging in this state and I could but saw nothing from gearswap (no debug in chat window or swaps).
I tested your Lua with no issue. I cycled through the different modes with the keybinds, engaged and killed some mobs, cast buffs and debuffs no problem.

Only suggestion I can give is to make sure your Windower console doesn't have any errors. Nowhere in your Lua does it prevent you from casting a spell under any circumstances :/
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-06-05 22:40:11
Link | Citer | R

Quick question.

I set up my brd to be able to auto-sing one song after another. For example:

//mar3min543

...will do exactly what you think it will do.

//mar32min5sentd

...will also do exactly what you think it will do

The issue is, since everything is dynamic, I have to go into my script folder and do

alias mar3min543 gs c mar3min543
alias mar3min543d gs c mar3min543d
alias mar3min54sent gs c mar3min54sent
alias mar3min54sentd gs c mar3min54sentd
alias mar32min54 gs c mar32min54
alias mar32min54d gs c mar32min54d

...and on and on it goes in order to pass it to gearswap. When/if I add other types of songs (mads, etudes, etc), that'll just multiple the alias' needed several times over. Is there a way to send everything after '//' automatically to gearswap's self_command without needing to alias literally everything?
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-06-05 22:47:09
Link | Citer | R

Not that I know of, since "gs c" is what gearswap picks up to know that what follows is the command.

But if you are going to go through the trouble of typing out

//mar3min543

why not just type out:

//gs c mar3min543

an extra 5 key presses I know, but it'll save you the aliases.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-06-06 04:57:04
Link | Citer | R

Because you always want to offload as much work as possible and let the machine handle it.

Is there a way to hide/ignore those soul pyre/mining points? They're getting in the way of my /targetnpc. I'm not sure but I think they won't appear if you delete their .dat file. I don't know how to find which one it belongs to though.
First Page 2 3 ... 151 152 153 ... 180 181 182