Does SE Rly Listen?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Does SE rly listen?
Does SE rly listen?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Asura.Msmissy
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: msmissy
By Asura.Msmissy 2009-07-06 17:07:35
Link | Citer | R

Kungfuhustle said:
God damn pirates!
User submitted image

THIS IS WHY KIDS GO EMO!!!
User submitted image

You sir have way too much time on your hands.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-06 17:08:37
Link | Citer | R

Damn I want to play Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door all over again...
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-06 17:09:57
Link | Citer | R

no, I just know where to find my stuff...
 Shiva.Dwyte
Serveur: Shiva
user: dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2009-07-06 17:52:29
Link | Citer | R

For DRG I think they should do to the wyverns what they do for PUPs puppets, n let us put armor on them, to increase acc or str or breath acc or just multiple slots to mix the stats up
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-06 17:58:50
Link | Citer | R

Puppetmasters depend on their puppets. When I say depend I mean a Puppetmaster is literally powerless without one. The job is basically controlling the puppet.

I'm sure some Drgs will attack me with "omg when soloing I need my w-" soloing is totally different. Even then, all you depend on is healing breath. When in a fight in a party or any thing else, the power of your wyvern is not even cared for, since the Dragoon him/herself is the real power.
 Fairy.Lethewaters
Serveur: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-07-06 18:55:41
Link | Citer | R

Awezomeos said:
Jennypoo said:
Also I wanted to just add that they are not done with the job adjustments for this version update, as noted by the news topic being labeled "Job Adjustments and Additions Part I"

Lets see where they go with this ^^ im excited about it

Lets pray for something for THF and RDM again

RDM-No.. THF got some new stuff pretty recently. WAR still hasn't had anythign new out of the orginal 6.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-06 19:14:37
Link | Citer | R

Lethewaters said:
Awezomeos said:
Jennypoo said:
Also I wanted to just add that they are not done with the job adjustments for this version update, as noted by the news topic being labeled "Job Adjustments and Additions Part I"

Lets see where they go with this ^^ im excited about it

Lets pray for something for THF and RDM again

RDM-No.. THF got some new stuff pretty recently. WAR still hasn't had anythign new out of the orginal 6.

Retaliation. Granted, we only get to use it for three hits before we die. Still, SE says it's something.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-06 19:17:25
Link | Citer | R

Try an ability that lets you live after three swings, maybe an enhanced version of Berserk, not dropping DEF so damn much, or even a WAR-type Counter
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-06 19:21:05
Link | Citer | R

SE literally DID describe Retaliation as a WAR version of counter. Word for word. xD We hit back at a 50%~ rate, but the ***actually needs to hit us, and with Berserk our DEF is 200ish. We get hit retardedly.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-06 19:21:26
Link | Citer | R

Kungfuhustle said:
Try an ability that lets you live after three swings, maybe an enhanced version of Berserk, not dropping DEF so damn much, or even a WAR-type Counter

I know. All Sam JAs have like, no downsides, and their recast timers allow them to keep it up at all times.

Nothing like eating Pecking Fury after using Berserk.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-06 19:22:04
Link | Citer | R

WAR could have Cover like PLD...
 Shiva.Dwyte
Serveur: Shiva
user: dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2009-07-06 20:38:32
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:
Puppetmasters depend on their puppets. When I say depend I mean a Puppetmaster is literally powerless without one. The job is basically controlling the puppet.

I'm sure some Drgs will attack me with "omg when soloing I need my w-" soloing is totally different. Even then, all you depend on is healing breath. When in a fight in a party or any thing else, the power of your wyvern is not even cared for, since the Dragoon him/herself is the real power.

i agree totally, just thought it would be fun putting armor on the wyvern and seeing them change in apearance a bit :P
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-06 20:52:03
Link | Citer | R

unless you want the wyvern's armor to be solely cosmetic.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Serveur: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-06 20:56:20
Link | Citer | R

Kungfuhustle said:
unless you want the wyvern's armor to be solely cosmetic.

Pretty sure they have .Dats
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-06 21:07:40
Link | Citer | R

well, for those of us who have 360's friend
 Bahamut.Bojack
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-07-06 23:13:15
Link | Citer | R

PLD should get Hexa Strike lol. It doesn't make sense for a job to have the highest skill in a certain weapon and not have access to it's highest WS. ^^
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-06 23:23:11
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:
Kungfuhustle said:

I know. All Sam JAs have like, no downsides, and their recast timers allow them to keep it up at all times.

Nothing like eating Pecking Fury after using Berserk.

Retaliation = Counter that gives you TP too.

Recast time+ and cast time+ is a pretty decent penalty, though i do agree 1min recast 5min duration is kinda weird.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-07 02:23:16
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:

People tend to underestimate the wyvern's effect on a DRG's DoT, especially on meripo level mobs and anything below HNM status. I've seen well geared DRGs with wyverns parsing 5-10% of their combined damage in bird meripo. Keep in mind wyverns deal blunt damage versus the DRG's piercing bonus.
 Alexander.Tonythetaru
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Tonythetaru 2009-07-07 08:11:07
Link | Citer | R

Bojack said:
PLD should get Hexa Strike lol. It doesn't make sense for a job to have the highest skill in a certain weapon and not have access to it's highest WS. ^^

Take away Martyr, give us a Chivarly, and you have yourself a deal. Couple that with a scholar subjob, and red mages are goners in meripos.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-07 08:51:12
Link | Citer | R

Nightfyre said:
Haseyo said:

People tend to underestimate the wyvern's effect on a DRG's DoT, especially on meripo level mobs and anything below HNM status. I've seen well geared DRGs with wyverns parsing 5-10% of their combined damage in bird meripo. Keep in mind wyverns deal blunt damage versus the DRG's piercing bonus.

To be honest, I've never really seen a wyvern in a merit party, or never noticed. =/
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-07 09:05:41
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:
Nightfyre said:
Haseyo said:

To be honest, I've never really seen a wyvern in a merit party, or never noticed. =/

Wyverns are worthless as DDs. He's just trying to make them sound useful.
My THF hits harder per-hit and 5x as often on Colibri. And 1500 DE > 200 Frost Breath. >.>
Even with Deep Breathing meritted, that's only 400 max.
 Fairy.Pavfeira
user: pavfeira
By Fairy.Pavfeira 2009-07-07 09:54:38
Link | Citer | R

Enternius said:
Haseyo said:
Nightfyre said:
Haseyo said:

Wyverns are worthless as DDs. He's just trying to make them sound useful.
My THF hits harder per-hit and 5x as often on Colibri. And 1500 DE > 200 Frost Breath. >.>
Even with Deep Breathing meritted, that's only 400 max.

It's worthless because it's not outdamaging a PC? >_> Those 200 Frost Breaths come free with every WS, it supplements the DRG main's damage. No, it's not a huge % of a DRG's total damage, but if a wyvern is useless, so is +att/+STR gear... What, would you be happier if it was 1.5k Drakesbane => 2k Fang Rush => 4k Darkness => 1.1k Frost Breath MB?

Honestly... some people's BNS makes me feel like we're back in 2004.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-07 09:57:28
Link | Citer | R

I was pt'ing on Colibri last night with Sam/War and had a Drg/War in my pt as well. I parsed the pt and with my 15 minute afk, by the end of the pt (I believe it lasted ~90 minutes or so) I had out-DD'd the Dragoon+Wyvern with my Samurai by ~10k dmg using Seigan the entire time and tanking a good portion of the time.
 Lakshmi.Deemos
Serveur: Lakshmi
user:
By Lakshmi.Deemos 2009-07-07 11:21:57
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Its an xbox hardware issue with elites, read there forums on xboxlive.com

get a normal xbox360 and its fine.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-07 11:27:25
Link | Citer | R

Deemos said:

If you are talking about Beseiged, I froze on my normal 360 too.
I'm not buying an entire xbox for the sake of not freezing in something that I'm only using for skillups anyway. I get full exp in the 15mins that I return, so it barely bothers me.
 Gilgamesh.Darwena
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Darwena
By Gilgamesh.Darwena 2009-07-07 12:46:45
Link | Citer | R

Deemos said:

I have both normal, and elite one here... I had a old version also and 3 of them freeze during long time besieged.

To be honest, I'm only doing skill-up during Besieged now, soon I died, I HP to WG, and come back to be abble to skill up more w/o waiting for raise effect wear off.

I usualy stay after the Mega-Boss show up (big dragon and such) and be able to get a lil 1500-2000 xp... If I compare to other I lost some for sure (maybe 500xp so screw that) and loooot of skill point maded.

Btw if you rely on besieged to get XP, do Campaign or FoV... You can get better xp in less time spended there.

Sorry about the off-topic.
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-07 13:01:42
Link | Citer | R

Darwena said:
Deemos said:

I have both normal, and elite one here... I had a old version also and 3 of them freeze during long time besieged.

To be honest, I'm only doing skill-up during Besieged now, soon I died, I HP to WG, and come back to be abble to skill up more w/o waiting for raise effect wear off.

I usualy stay after the Mega-Boss show up (big dragon and such) and be able to get a lil 1500-2000 xp... If I compare to other I lost some for sure (maybe 500xp so screw that) and loooot of skill point maded.

Btw if you rely on besieged to get XP, do Campaign or FoV... You can get better xp in less time spended there.

Sorry about the off-topic.

To make this on topic, SE doesn't listen. And if it does, it makes *** excuses. Like how being dead at the end of besieged granting no EXP isn't fixable. Sure SE. Blame it on an issue of zoning. Suuuuure.
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-07-07 13:02:29
Link | Citer | R

Tonythetaru said:
Bojack said:

Take away Martyr, give us a Chivarly, and you have yourself a deal. Couple that with a scholar subjob, and red mages are goners in meripos.

Giving whm refresh and convert would be the only way to totally get rdms out of meripo. Besides, with a brd and/or cor you REALLY shouldn't need something like chivalry to keep your mp up in a good meripo. Either way, it still doesn't make sense for PLD to have a much much higher club skill than WHM and not get Hexa Strike. For every weapon type (except club), the job that has the highest skill rating gets access to every weaponskill for that weapon (except certain mythic WS). They should either increase WHMs club skill to A-/+ or give PLD Hexa also :P.

Ninja Edit: I actually said 'Highest WS' in my first post which was untrue since pld does get Black Halo. What I meant to say was 'all of it's WS'
 Gilgamesh.Gabvanstronger
Serveur: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Gabvanstronger 2009-07-07 16:52:51
Link | Citer | R

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RDM need a *** Staff skill ~.~ so stupid we dont have it >.<;

Im as angry as the baby on my photo tho i would yell "STAFF"
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-07 16:56:31
Link | Citer | R

Gabvanstronger said:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RDM need a *** Staff skill ~.~ so stupid we dont have it >.<;

Im as angry as the baby on my photo tho i would yell "STAFF"

Okay, yes, it's kinda annoying that RDM doesn't have Staff skill, but come on. Think about it. Would you really even use Staff? Like Capricorn Staff (Haste+5%) is the best staff RDM would be able to use, and it doesn't even come close to the worst swords RDM can use, let alone Joyeuse.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8