Does SE Rly Listen?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Does SE rly listen?
Does SE rly listen?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-06 10:56:11
Link | Citer | R

Spoken like a true spokesman Enternius
 Leviathan.Alyssiah
Serveur: Leviathan
user:
By Leviathan.Alyssiah 2009-07-06 11:04:26
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Enternius said:

If you don't like the JAs, don't use them.

<3 I love you. XD
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-06 11:07:26
Link | Citer | R

I don't see how people can play jobs that they do nothing but *** about. =/
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-06 11:09:15
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:
I don't see how people can play jobs that they do nothing but *** about. =/

this is why I don't play NIN or THF
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-07-06 11:10:22
Link | Citer | R

As far as the NIN JAs go...know what else gives enmity? Spells. OH ***NINJAS HAVE THOSE! If you have ACC issues, eat sushi and spell spam. If you don't have the gil for tools, you're doing NIN (and RNG/COR) wrong.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-07-06 11:11:46
Link | Citer | R

Eternaltriumph said:
As far as the NIN JAs go...know what else gives enmity? Spells. OH ***NINJAS HAVE THOSE! If you have ACC issues, eat sushi and spell spam. If you don't have the gil for tools, you're doing NIN (and RNG/COR) wrong.

^ right on! stop being cheap and spam those spells XD
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-07-06 11:13:27
Link | Citer | R

If you're short on gil, Kurayami (Blind) gives the most enmity, and since it's blind, you lose less shadows, which means less enmity loss, AND you save a bit of money on Shihei.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-07-06 11:17:03
Link | Citer | R

Enternius said:
If you're short on gil, Kurayami (Blind) gives the most enmity, and since it's blind, you lose less shadows, which means less enmity loss, AND you save a bit of money on Shihei.

Exactly, it generates similar enmity that flash on PLD does, and like flash even if the mob doesn't get blinded the enmity generated is the same.

Other ninjitsu like poison/slow also create enmity making you not a great deal worse off than PLD for enmity generating stuff when /war, only thing you're missing is sentinel really.
 Pandemonium.Isiolia
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Isiolia
By Pandemonium.Isiolia 2009-07-06 12:56:29
Link | Citer | R

Eternaltriumph said:

Quote:

Quote:
Exactly, it generates similar enmity that flash on PLD does, and like flash even if the mob doesn't get blinded the enmity generated is the same.

Lets evaluate that, shall we?

NIN spells that don't do direct damage produce 80 CE and 240 VE in terms of enmity, except Utsusemi spells, which do 300 VE and have the 1 point of CE that any action produces (at least). source

Flash, on the other hand, produces 180 CE and 1280 VE, as does Stun. Incidentally, these spells are on the same 45-second base recast that Ni spells are. Kurayami does not produce -nearly- the hate that Flash does.

Most other spells that are spammed for hate from /DRK or /RDM or whatever are used because they produce a good amount of both CE and VE on a shorter timer. IE, Dispel for RDM or /RDM works nicely because it's 320CE and 320VE with a recast time of 3 seconds.

Non-damage NIN spells really aren't great to use for hate. They produce a relatively low amount of enmity. Factor in that VE fades at 60/sec, and you're left with very little enmity after only a few seconds.

On the other hand, we can consider damage. Now, this does depend on the level of the target, so lets say something "average" for a lower level event, say a level 82 or so mob (high end for Greater Colibri).
For that, you get damage x 1.429 in CE, and damage x 4.29 in VE. Now, say you do an average of around 45 damage per Katana swing (reasonably average), non-crit. So around 64 CE and 193 VE *per hit*. 128 CE and 386 VE per attack round. So you'd actually produce -less- enmity by casting the Ninjitsu, in addition to not getting TP for the round or contributing to the mob dying faster.

The wheel is a different beast, of course, but in order for that to produce much enmity you need to do damage with it, which isn't exactly common post-50.

Harping on Ninjitsu as a hate tool only really shows how much you don't know about the job.
[+]
 Asura.Yondaimesama
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Yondaimesama 2009-07-06 14:25:15
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
.if you're a SAM and put your flag up, tell me you won't get an invite in minutes...I won't believe it anyways.

Go level SAM on Asura, then. Unless it's just my luck, I've sat around LFP in Whitegate as a 75SAM for... oh, 2-3 hours+, day in and day out. The problem with that frame of mind is thinking that "Oh, you're a SAM, SAMs get instant invites, you'll get instant invites." Not taking into account that 190837490183274901 other people have leveled SAM and are competing for those same invites. Don't even get me started on some the "invites" I've gotten for SAM, either... "If you don't have ***, don't bother answering" Replace *** with one of: Hagun, Askar, Byakko's Haidate, Usukane, etc.
 Fenrir.Summon
Serveur: Fenrir
user: summon
By Fenrir.Summon 2009-07-06 14:33:11
Link | Citer | R

I completely agree with Nightfyre here, As a 75 WHM I would "like" WHMs to have an MP boost, but at the same time we don't need it. I do not sub SCH and I myself can keep my PT going for hours without resting. I sub SMN for MP boost + Refresh. But inbetween fights, I am smart, I rest right before the mob dies and when people don't really need healing. The most recent update just made our jobs a ***TON EASIER. I'm not used to the update yet, but from how i've been using the new JAs the SS from using Cure is just insane though it may not be powerful SS, it saves lives, time, and MP
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-07-06 14:55:15
Link | Citer | R

Yondaimesama said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
.if you're a SAM and put your flag up, tell me you won't get an invite in minutes...I won't believe it anyways.

Go level SAM on Asura, then. Unless it's just my luck, I've sat around LFP in Whitegate as a 75SAM for... oh, 2-3 hours+, day in and day out. The problem with that frame of mind is thinking that "Oh, you're a SAM, SAMs get instant invites, you'll get instant invites." Not taking into account that 190837490183274901 other people have leveled SAM and are competing for those same invites. Don't even get me started on some the "invites" I've gotten for SAM, either... "If you don't have ***, don't bother answering" Replace *** with one of: Hagun, Askar, Byakko's Haidate, Usukane, etc.

Same on Bahamut every time im lfp theres at least 5+ other sams lfp generally up near 10
 Fairy.Tbest
Serveur: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-06 15:09:47
Link | Citer | R

<.< I get invites w/i 10 minutes on Samurai. But... I also dualbox a Brd with me. >.>
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Darwena
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Darwena
By Gilgamesh.Darwena 2009-07-06 15:14:55
Link | Citer | R

About counter, Idea, yes its a good idea, yes I'm lazy and just to remeber ppl here... FFXI is a game, not a freackin job otherwise send me a check evry time I play instead of I have to pay to play. :p

Seriously, so tired about "do your F... job" thing...
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-07-06 15:18:32
Link | Citer | R

Rumaha said:
Yondaimesama said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

Same on Bahamut every time im lfp theres at least 5+ other sams lfp generally up near 10

Pro tip: Add a "meow" or something in your seacom that makes everyone think your a girl.
 Lakshmi.Deemos
Serveur: Lakshmi
user:
By Lakshmi.Deemos 2009-07-06 16:12:19

Awezomeos said:
I demand a patch so my XBOX wont Freeze every besieged ,, and yes i have tourned ALL filters on

its your xbox, not there programming moron.

i play on xbox so do 4 of my friends, no one has this problem.

thus. its your xbox
[+]
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-06 16:20:06
Link | Citer | R

There's way too many people that freeze up in besieged for it to purely be a hardware issue. There's gotta be some bad code or something...
 Asura.Msmissy
user: msmissy
By Asura.Msmissy 2009-07-06 16:23:25
Link | Citer | R

Kungfuhustle said:
MNK DOESN'T NEED AN UPDATE.. we're perfectly fine the way we are, no extra Haste required... Give the extra Haste to DRK or something

I'm a career MNK with BB and all other haste gear possible. Leave MNK alone, all they will do is mess it up if they play with it now.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-06 16:24:51
Link | Citer | R

Msmissy said:
Kungfuhustle said:
MNK DOESN'T NEED AN UPDATE.. we're perfectly fine the way we are, no extra Haste required... Give the extra Haste to DRK or something

I'm a career MNK with BB and all haste gear possible. Leave MNK alone, all they will do is mess it up if they play with it now.

thats... what... I said o.o

Yeah, my 360 freezes during Besieged now, which sucks. Too many idiots are in Al Zahbi during that event.
 Asura.Msmissy
user: msmissy
By Asura.Msmissy 2009-07-06 16:32:51
Link | Citer | R

hmmmmm

RDM- yeah um, careful guys, they will mess it up royally. Be happy with what ya got (yes, I am a 75 rdm also with all necessary subs). RDM is by far the most well rounded job in the game when played by the right person with the right subs.

Whm- Hello, just got updated, what more do u want?

BLM- well overdue for an ability or 2. what those should be? not a clue, I like my job but they could throw it a bone or 2.

NIN- about time!!!!!

SAM- ffs, SE has proven their hard on for SAM.

**done with my very random and rare post**
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-07-06 16:37:39
Link | Citer | R

Naah. Sam needs more updates.

Like giving us the TP bonus on Hagun while using Sekkanoki.

Another JA like Overwhelm where the Sam gets an Accuracy Bonus when in front of the mob would work too.

Let's see... What else...
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-07-06 16:40:44
Link | Citer | R

Deemos said:
Awezomeos said:
I demand a patch so my XBOX wont Freeze every besieged ,, and yes i have tourned ALL filters on

its your xbox, not there programming moron.

i play on xbox so do 4 of my friends, no one has this problem.

thus. its your xbox

No, it's a huge Xbox issue. I even have a more recent Elite and I freeze as well. I know tons of other Xbox users that freeze, too.
And what's with the name calling?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-06 16:44:53
Link | Citer | R

OH YEAH, WELL YOU'RE A PEEPEE HEAD!

/sticks tongue out
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-06 16:47:09
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:
And what's with the name calling?

Some people never learned how to debate without devolving into the "You're a poopyhead" ***...
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-06 16:52:00
Link | Citer | R

maybe he's not at the age yet where debating like an adult is expected, you know how these kids are...
 Shiva.Artemicion
Serveur: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-07-06 16:53:56

Msmissy said:
Kungfuhustle said:

I'm a career MNK with BB and all other haste gear possible. Leave MNK alone, all they will do is mess it up if they play with it now.

Making it so Counter gives us TP would be nice. After all it gives the mob TP >.>
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-06 16:54:16
Link | Citer | R

Kungfuhustle said:
maybe he's not at the age yet where debating like an adult is expected, you know how these kids are...

I blame MTV and the Emo music >.>
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-07-06 16:56:59
Link | Citer | R

I BLAME VIDEO GAMES!!!
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-07-06 16:58:35
Link | Citer | R