Uguisumaru
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Ccl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-29 05:16:19
Link | Citer | R

Ok I redid it, with rcb(marchX2/min/fighter/chaos) I have my set winning when aggressor up, your win when it's down, making the swap to Tojil head made my set win with aggressor down too.

Using ele belt/gorget/rajas/tenryu hakama for accuracy on ws with aggressor, using tojil head when aggressor down.
 Valefor.Esdain
Serveur: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-05-29 06:57:10
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Amphion said: »
I just really hope they wake up and make some smart decisions in the next few updates.

Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-05-29 12:57:51
Link | Citer | R

Would Mikinaak Gauntlets (which path/rank if so?) be a decent downgrade from Tenryu +1? As in, when do they get better than Karieyh?
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-05-29 13:19:13
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Taint you realize Duplus Grip is 40~80 million gil depending on server. I tend to leave items like that and augmented legion +1 abjurations out of consideration due to rarity and cost vs actual improvement. Phos belt +1 is in the same category. Nice to have but shouldn't be considered when doing standardized sets. AH / NNI / Tier I~V Delve gear / Salvage +1 gear is all fair game though.

Duplus didn't cost me a single penny. (and I went 1/1 on it :p) Any average group can kill farm Mul now, esp the first 2 tiers.

Phos+1 isn't needed in the sets, it takes me to 27% haste.
 Phoenix.Sonoske
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Sonoske
By Phoenix.Sonoske 2013-05-29 14:30:06
Link | Citer | R

What was the Shoha set for the 5-Hit you posted on the previous page Taint? Curious for older content.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-05-30 05:17:24
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Taint you realize Duplus Grip is 40~80 million gil depending on server. I tend to leave items like that and augmented legion +1 abjurations out of consideration due to rarity and cost vs actual improvement. Phos belt +1 is in the same category. Nice to have but shouldn't be considered when doing standardized sets. AH / NNI / Tier I~V Delve gear / Salvage +1 gear is all fair game though.

Duplus didn't cost me a single penny. (and I went 1/1 on it :p) Any average group can kill farm Mul now, esp the first 2 tiers.

Phos+1 isn't needed in the sets, it takes me to 27% haste.

If this was remotely true then Duplus wouldn't be 40~80 mil from merc groups. Legion is still the domain of individuals who have entirely too much free time on their hands. As evidenced by the participation rates.

In any case Duplus is DA +3% and 40~80 mil, Pole is DA +2% and 300K, Danger Grip (5 Acc / Atk) is 10K and about equal (possibly slightly weaker depending on WS) to Duplus if your acc isn't capped. I just used that as an example of how ridiculous it is to start assuming Duplus in everything, it's more a status symbol then anything else and not even much of that seeing as you can buy one from a merc group.

SoA is tossed the notion of "instantly capped acc / atk" on it's head. Even after being super buffed by with 6~8 songs and two roles your still not hitting acc cap on some of these NMs. We need another base evasion metric to judge by, Ig'Alima isn't going to cut it anymore.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-30 06:35:07
Link | Citer | R

We can't start removing duplus from set, or soon it will be "let's remove tenryu tekko+1, they are too hard to get now" and so on.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-05-30 10:20:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ccl said: »
We can't start removing duplus from set, or soon it will be "let's remove tenryu tekko+1, they are too hard to get now" and so on.

Their both trophy pieces that serve no purpose other then to announced how much money you have.

And it's nothing about difficulty rather then pure rarity. Any set built with them is functionally useless to the community and anyone who really wants one bad enough can just throw down a few hundred USD and acquire them from a merc. It's not even a proper status symbol. Their not even that big of stat differences, 1% DA and a small amount of attack. It's kinda become an icon of wasted time / effort.

Hell Mikinaak Gauntlets can beat Tenryu +1 after augmentation depending on target. DA +1~2 can't really compete against +22 accuracy unless your fighting trash.

Anyhow my point is that due to rarity any set that assumes their presence is kinda useless for actual comparisons and build sets for players. Maybe fun to math out against Voidwatch NMs but not practical.

-edit-

How much DA are you guys packing here? Cause playing with numbers I get +5 acc pretty much equaling +3% DA @80% acc and 22% DA. DA suffers diminishing return the more MA you get while acc is fairly linear until you hit cap.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-05-30 11:02:12
Link | Citer | R

Their both trophy pieces that serve no purpose other then to announced how much money you have.

And it's nothing about difficulty rather then pure rarity. Any set built with them is functionally useless to the community and anyone who really wants one bad enough can just throw down a few hundred USD and acquire them from a merc. It's not even a proper status symbol. Their not even that big of stat differences, 1% DA and a small amount of attack. It's kinda become an icon of wasted time / effort.

Hell Mikinaak Gauntlets can beat Tenryu +1 after augmentation depending on target. DA +1~2 can't really compete against +22 accuracy unless your fighting trash.

Anyhow my point is that due to rarity any set that assumes their presence is kinda useless for actual comparisons and build sets for players. Maybe fun to math out against Voidwatch NMs but not practical.

-edit-

How much DA are you guys packing here? Cause playing with numbers I get +5 acc pretty much equaling +3% DA @80% acc and 22% DA. DA suffers diminishing return the more MA you get while acc is fairly linear until you hit cap.

There are very few mobs you'll ever be at 80% acc with proper buffs and builds.

ACC has greater dimishing returns since you'll be over cap on everything but a select few NMs. Your idea of ACC seems like the problem. Probably the result of poor buffs and too much Ceizk plasma farming.

Your arguements are terrible. Sure alternatives can be used. But saying Duplus or Tekko+1 are hard or exspensive is just dumb. I made gil getting my Tekko+1, bought 13 synths and HQed 2. If you rely on bazaars to get gear sure stuff is expensive, you are helping to fund the mythics from people that actually farm/make the gear.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-05-31 05:20:04
Link | Citer | R

Bullsh!t (on the acc issue). I do tons of parsing and data recording, your not gonna bluff / insult your way past this point. Above I referenced Morimar not Ceizek, you wouldn't know that because you didn't actually attempt to read the posts, just skimmed to hit the quote button. 89~92% as DRK/SAM is what I commonly parse, and only after some slight tweaks to my PT set. That is what allows me to eat RCB's in there, though may other DD's have to eat sushi or pizza. Buffs typically include double March (extra Min if we get lucky on which BRD I get) and Chaos + Fighters. There is a reason the price of Sushi / Pizza +1 has gone up (sushi keeps ping-ponging as the market is starting to get flooded).

Primarily I'm concerned about accuracy on NMs. With March x 2 Min x 2 Mad x 2 (one of our BRD's is Evylin, nuff said) with Chaos + Fighters on the cricket I'm still not hitting caped acc. This situation repeats with the most of the other NMs.

SoA has invalidated the old Abyssea concept of auto-capping accuracy and focusing on everything else. The actual evasion of the delve monsters and NM's needs to be figured out so we can pin-point a new standard build accuracy instead of living in fantasy land where we fight an Ig'Alima with infinite HP for hours on end.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-31 05:31:18
Link | Citer | R

with 0 accuracy buff and rcb, I cap accuracy in morimar plasm farm, with propper buff/debuff, I cap accuracy on every NM, only boss need a "big" gear change.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-05-31 06:07:46
Link | Citer | R

with 0 accuracy buff and rcb, I cap accuracy in morimar plasm farm, with propper buff/debuff, I cap accuracy on every NM, only boss need a "big" gear change.

Provide parse information about that. I'm running with more acc then what the gear sets here contain and I'm at 88~92%. That's with stuff like Bomblet / Mars Ring on DRK/SAM with GS merits and rank 7 Bereaver. NM's have hella more evasion then mobs, with double Madrigal's I wasn't capping on the cricket (most recent one that I remember). The only thing that could of been done differently was Hunters over either Chaos or Fighters which is kind of the exact argument here (acc vs DA).

I expect your hitting about the same as me, right at 90% and just calling it "capped".

Regardless my point stands that people seriously need to start considering acc a viable stat rather then blatantly ignoring it for fashion accessories.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-05-31 07:06:55
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 302402

I have no accuracy issue with this set when aggressor is down. Could even tweak it a lil to improve it, but with tsurumaru right around the corner, it's not worth it.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-06-01 23:21:54
Link | Citer | R

Did delve earlier and actually noted gear accuracy and stuff. 583 in acc got me approx 91% average acc. Efts got slightly more evasion then the other mobs it seems so 590~600 acc should be a good baseline to go with for builds. On another note, I noticed my acc in WS set was a good chunk less then my TP set, so have since switched from Phorcy's to Minkin (Rank 9) for Reso. SAM's shouldn't have this issue though.
By mattyc 2013-06-02 00:08:09
Link | Citer | R

why are you even talking about drk when this is obviously a GK forum? just sayin.................
[+]
By mattyc 2013-06-02 00:15:48
Link | Citer | R

and on topic for your acc issues on "DRK" it looks like you tp in atheling which u could use Letalis Mantle, also your tp'n in tyrants ring when you could use mars's ring or even a toredors ring, your using AF3+2 head and hands....where you could be using bayld hands or mikinaak, and also could use phorcys salade which has same stp as the goading belt your using.....theres alot of faults, probably reason your not capping acc on certain things. if your aiming for an X hit build without proper gear to support it, your doing it wrong.
By mattyc 2013-06-02 00:17:45
Link | Citer | R

also Taint seems to be one of the most knowledgeable people i have ran across reading these forums, i would rethink flaming him when he's in most every case correct. that is all. good night :)
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-06-02 04:45:34
Link | Citer | R

mattyc said: »
and on topic for your acc issues on "DRK" it looks like you tp in atheling which u could use Letalis Mantle, also your tp'n in tyrants ring when you could use mars's ring or even a toredors ring, your using AF3+2 head and hands....where you could be using bayld hands or mikinaak, and also could use phorcys salade which has same stp as the goading belt your using.....theres alot of faults, probably reason your not capping acc on certain things. if your aiming for an X hit build without proper gear to support it, your doing it wrong.

Incorrect on all the above except atheling (meebles static fell apart after SoA). Emp +2 hands vs Karieyh depends on your set haste as Karieyh only have 4%. You have no idea what my set is as I didn't post it and are just flaming away.

Anyways the point, which I stated multiple times, is to be more aware of actual accuracy requirements rather then setting it equal to 95% and calling it a day. As I pretty much always go DRK to Delve stuff I only had data for that for accuracy comparisons, but accuracy is accuracy regardless of job. Taint is knowledgeable yet makes the mistake of assuming everyone has everything imaginable or will have it soon. If someone was making a shopping list of upgrades those two I specifically mentioned would be near the bottom due to effort vs reward vs effectiveness.
 Sylph.Mirvana
Serveur: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-06-02 04:59:15
Link | Citer | R

btsrsly: Yeah, Duplus/Tekko+1 are low on the priority list. Pole/Kariyeh will work for anyone that doesn't lose sleep over that tiny bit of dps they're missing out on.
They're good, but should never be considered a standard or baseline.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-06-02 05:16:28
Link | Citer | R

With proper buffs you should be capping magic haste. Usukane Gote +1 will cap your delay as long as you have Hasso up. 25% (gear) 12.5% (Hasso) 43.75% magic. Even if your BRD has 95Ghorn or Langeleik you'll still be hitting 43.4% haste with the spell haste. I know you get more ACC from Karieyh but I like my 3% DA >.>; I personally use this set and I don't have any acc issues
ItemSet 299966

Miki Helm: DEX path
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2013-06-02 06:13:34
Link | Citer | R

You have no idea what my set is as I didn't post it and are just flaming away.

Not agreeing with the other guy, but the DRK set he is referring to is currently up on your FFXIAH page, which is where I assume he saw it lol.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-06-02 10:49:17
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said: »
You have no idea what my set is as I didn't post it and are just flaming away.

Not agreeing with the other guy, but the DRK set he is referring to is currently up on your FFXIAH page, which is where I assume he saw it lol.

Yeah think long and hard for a moment. That's updated via guildwork plugin, so your seeing what I was wearing while dicking around with gear in town after doing double Salvage zones.

Quote:
They're good, but should never be considered a standard or baseline.

This is kinda what I've been getting at. I originally came here as I'm thinking about dragging my SAM out of storage (I never got a 99 RME for it) and wanted to see good sets I could use. Most of what these guys are posting is functionally useless as it's making too many assumptions that are out of the players direct control. All the baselines were established back during abyssea or voidwatch with a little big of legion sprinkled in for flavor. It was heresy to suggest your gear could possibly impact your accuracy which which is no longer the case. People can strut and posture while ensuring the stick is stuck even deeper up their a$$ but there is no denying that accuracy is now factor of game-play again. It just needs to be taken into account with a nice number established as a "be this tall to ride" mark. I figure it's around ~590, then adjust gear / food / buffs from there.
By Latifah 2013-06-02 11:33:02
Link | Citer | R

i have a hard time reading Saevel posts :o tltr
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-06-02 14:15:19
Link | Citer | R

Latifah said: »
i have a hard time reading Saevel posts :o tltr

Lucky you. His babble is borderline hilarious.

Getting gear is hard hitting a mob is even harder.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-06-02 14:34:33
Link | Citer | R

im getting the best results with this? any ideas?
ItemSet 303014
ItemSet 303015
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-06-02 14:42:23
Link | Citer | R

For delve fodder I use something close to that except I ws in letalis/ sea gorget/belt and tp in letalis too wich allow for rcb and cap accuracy.

I believe this should be the new base set for samurai, nothing really hard to get.
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-06-02 14:48:47
Link | Citer | R

For delve fodder I use something close to that except I ws in letalis/ sea gorget/belt and tp in letalis too wich allow for rcb and cap accuracy.

I believe this should be the new base set for samurai, nothing really hard to get.

Didn't you say the delve naakual head was included? Isn't that still pretty darn hard to get?
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-06-02 14:50:40
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »

Didn't you say the delve naakual head was included? Isn't that still pretty darn hard to get?
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-06-02 14:52:17
Link | Citer | R

More and more people are killing it, and just need 1 kill to have it. Will def become standard soon enough.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-06-02 14:53:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Fondue said: »
Odin.Eikechi said: »

grats on getting it, but that surely doesn't make it standard I don't think. Not until they lower the level of that content anyways. PUGs are definitely not using 5 beads to get to the boss.