Kaboom! A Guide for Black Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 41 42 43
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-04-06 20:09:02
Link | Citer | R

As /SCH, You can ride Sublimation for 300-400 mp, Parsimony when up for half MP cost, and opt not to swap Main, Offhand, and Ranged/Ammo. Doing this allows you to keep all that TP you get from Occult Acumen, and swap over to a max MP set and use Mryrk for 400+ MP per 1000 TP.
[+]
By camaroz 2015-04-10 10:50:14
Link | Citer | R

I may have missed so I apologize, is there any gearswaps for blm listed or does anyone have one that could share?

Thanks
[+]
 Bismarck.Dubai
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2015-04-12 06:17:14
Link | Citer | R

Is any empy+1 gear useful/more powerful than the helios/hagondes+1 set? If yes which one? I know empy feet+1 is good for Mana Wall, other than that I'm clueless.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-04-12 06:38:08
Link | Citer | R

The body is about the same as Hagondes+1. More MAB than a Macc augment, and massive Macc for 13~18 less MAB on a MAB augment.
So it's better for your wallet when things get more common.

Helios on the other hand matches everything or exceeds it with augments.
Only downside is lack of refresh, so... Meh.

It's a solid piece, but Helios can exceed it.
[+]
 Asura.Vafruvant
Serveur: Asura
user: Vafruvant
By Asura.Vafruvant 2015-04-22 04:32:06
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
As /SCH, You can ride Sublimation for 300-400 mp, Parsimony when up for half MP cost, and opt not to swap Main, Offhand, and Ranged/Ammo. Doing this allows you to keep all that TP you get from Occult Acumen, and swap over to a max MP set and use Mryrk for 400+ MP per 1000 TP.
Just fyi, you can change ammo and keep TP, just not ranged, much like NIN with shurikens.

I have never been a big fan of Myrkr builds, but I certainly see the benefit to them. I am still pretty new to nuking, since SCH was generally just a stun gun. I leveled up BLM recently and have strongly considered a Myrkr build now. I always looked at the 5% Fast Cast and thought that was worth it, but Elemental Celerity changes that a lot. It's still a challenge to hit 50% FC, especially without swapping a staff, but it's doable with max FC available in every slot outside of quick magic.

As for AF Body, I did have a question on that: is there a cap to how much it restores, i.e., can it restore more than the cast cost on a successful Magic Burst? I could easily see a 306 Thunder V (say /RDM) bursting for more than 15,300 (what would restore 306 MP). It seems to be a no-brainer to use AF Body over any other body armor, unless you have max MP support and no chance to burst.
 Bahamut.Mustybadger
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Mustybadger 2015-04-23 03:39:43
Link | Citer | R

Quick question;

Bane Cape (MAB+5 aug) or Toro Cape for max damage? I'm assuming it's relative to mob level and MAB/Magic damage caps?
 Bahamut.Darksouls
Serveur: Bahamut
user: blacksoul
By Bahamut.Darksouls 2015-04-23 04:02:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Mustybadger said: »
Quick question;

Bane Cape (MAB+5 aug) or Toro Cape for max damage? I'm assuming it's relative to mob level and MAB/Magic damage caps?

I think Toro wins with 8 INT but I haven't done any math.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Diablosword
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2015-06-01 10:53:35
Link | Citer | R

So, just returning to the game. When I left Magian and Chatoyant Staff was a respectable option for BLM, Im guessing that's no longer the case?

What's an easy to get option, and what should I be working toward getting?

Thanks
 Asura.Fiv
Serveur: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-06-01 11:07:04
Link | Citer | R

Its all about ilvl staves now, the magic accuracy and magic damage they add and generally some MAB or INT as well.

You can start by checking the AH for an Atinian Staff, its a pretty good starter staff. You'll want to start records of eminence if you haven't, Eminent Staff is purchasable with sparks of eminence and is also a solid starting staff.

From there you'll want to work your way to an augmented Keraunos or Nibiru Staff, as it stands not all augments are known for the Nibiru yet, but Keraunos can get INT, MAB, and magic burst damage, which is really good for the way black mage CAN be played currently. However Keraunos comes with a disclaimer as it can be rather expensive to get the right augments.
 Bismarck.Diablosword
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2015-06-01 13:05:45
Link | Citer | R

Which is better currently: Atinian or Eminent? I have been doing sparks things, Im assuming I can buy from the NPC that sells skill up books?
By Draylo 2015-06-02 21:45:34
Link | Citer | R

Pick up the Emienent for now since its cheap. Then you can make a Kaladanda when you get a D clear on page fights.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Diablosword
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2015-06-03 17:35:05
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
I would move from eminent right to kerakuros from alluvion actually.

Very important to save up as many copper vouchers as you can as well, doing limited time trials that appear and daily 30 kills trials señor. The extra currency will save you countless hours in the future.

Thanks for the tip, Ive been getting random vouchers here and there... glad Ive been saving them
 Lakshmi.Amymy
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-06-08 11:57:23
Link | Citer | R

What's several good waist pieces? Does a othila sash beats the corset from AA battlefield?
By fillerbunny9 2015-06-08 12:49:05
Link | Citer | R

aside from the combined Elemental Obi for weather bonuses, I currently carry around Yamabuki-no-Obi from Skirmish, Tengu-no-Obi from Gessho, and Fucho-no-Obi from Delve. Yamabuki is my general nuking piece, Tengu is to stick a couple more points of M.Acc for sleeps in those rare instances I am casting them, and Fucho is for idling if I am under 50% MP and Drain/Aspirs.
 Lakshmi.Amymy
user: Amymy
By Lakshmi.Amymy 2015-06-08 16:43:03
Link | Citer | R

I'm not going to get the yamabuki from incursion that's why I'm asking for an alternative. Basically othila sash or something little better then that . Thanks
By Dsuza 2015-06-08 19:46:45
Link | Citer | R

Hey everyone,

I just got back from a break and I'm looking to update my Enfeeble and Dark Magic gear sets, it's been a while. Can anyone please give me some suggestions? A couple of options per slot I would really appreciate. Something along the lines as "Best" then "2nd or 3rd best" for that slot etc.

For Enfeebles I am using:

Head: Kaabnax Hat
Neck: Enfeebling Torque
L.ear: Enchanter Earring +1
R.ear: Gwati Earring
Body: Ischemia Chasuble
Hands: Lurid Mitts
L.ring: Irrwisch Ring
R.ring: Sangoma Ring
Back: Ogapepo Cape +1
Waist: Casso Sash
Legs: Mes'yohi Slacks
Feet: Archmage's Sabots +1

For dark Magic skill set I have:

Neck: Dark Torque
Body: Vanir Cotehardie
Hands: Hagondes Cuffs +1 (With Magic Acc. +27 Augment)
L.ring: Angha Ring
Back: Bane Cape (With Dark Magic Skill +10 Augment)
Legs: Spaekona's Tonban +1
Feet: Will upgrade to new Emp+2 at least I know that much

Thank you very much in advance everyone
 Lakshmi.Lenus
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2015-06-08 23:19:13
Link | Citer | R

Dsuza said: »
Hey everyone,

I just got back from a break and I'm looking to update my Enfeeble and Dark Magic gear sets, it's been a while. Can anyone please give me some suggestions? A couple of options per slot I would really appreciate. Something along the lines as "Best" then "2nd or 3rd best" for that slot etc.

For Enfeebles I am using:

Neck: Enfeebling Torque
Body: Ischemia Chasuble
Hands: Lurid Mitts
L.ring: Irrwisch Ring
Back: Ogapepo Cape +1
Legs: Mes'yohi Slacks
Feet: Archmage's Sabots +1

For dark Magic skill set I have:

Neck: Dark Torque
Body: Vanir Cotehardie
Hands: Hagondes Cuffs +1 (With Magic Acc. +27 Augment)
L.ring: Angha Ring
Back: Bane Cape (With Dark Magic Skill +10 Augment)
Legs: Spaekona's Tonban +1
Feet: Will upgrade to new Emp+2 at least I know that much

Thank you very much in advance everyone

Your sets look solid. I'd use your hagondes cuffs in the enfeebling slot, since skill gives .8 or .9 macc. Same deal with irrwisch ring, if you have anything else that gives macc instead, like a weatherspoon ring. Ovate rope would be better for waist in enfeebling. For the head slot, I use befouled crown, but kabnax is fine if you don't have access to it.

Other than that it looks good.

Also another thing, I think Byrth said if the enemies INT is alot greater than yours, every INT you have equals 1acc? Or was that only applied to CHR? I'm not so sure anymore since that fool stopped playing!
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-08 23:24:09
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Lenus said: »
if the enemies INT is alot greater than yours, every INT you have equals 1acc

Specifically, via BG:

Until your INT is 10-15 points higher than the target, every point of INT is a point of MAcc, and after that it slopes down. But for high level targets, INT is quite valuable as it affect both dSTAT and accuracy.
 Fenrir.Reece
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Reece 2015-06-30 23:35:53
Link | Citer | R

What's some alternatives I could use for the empty slots?
Just curious to what else is out there.

ItemSet 336156
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-07-01 00:12:42
Link | Citer | R

Main:
Keraunos
Lehbrailg +2
probably really any ilvl119 staff with MAB etc. on it

Body:
Spaekona's Coat (+1) or ->

Waist:
Eschan Stone
Yamabuki-no-Obi
Aswang Sash
that legion waist with MAB and macc-

Ear2:
Crematio Earring
Novio Earring
Hecate's Earring
probably some other new earring?
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-07-01 00:20:58
Link | Citer | R

Ear, the new Earring from the missions.

Barkaro. Earring :: MP+25 INT+3 Magic Accuracy+8 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+8 Elemental magic casting time -3%
[+]
By geigei 2015-07-01 00:55:02
Link | Citer | R

More info about the quest?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-07-01 01:25:38
Link | Citer | R

Pulled from BG.

Quote:
Anyone has more info on the The Weatherspoon War quest?

- I have completed The Weatherspoon Inquisition Quest and it's marked as completed.
- I have max Adoulin fame and the eminence for it is cleared.
- Was able to get A Thirst before time quest.

When I talk to Zaffeld he just tells me to go to MarjamiRavine but no quest pops up in my log. What am I missing?
Zoning from Dho Gates > Marjami gives a cs and adds "The Weatherspoon War" to current quests.

Check the Seat of Gramk-Droog at I-10 for another CS and once again after to spawn spoiler alert. He used jungle hoodoo and had a 2hr animation several times but nothing showed in log, easy fight with trustos. Check the seat one last time and then W. Adoulin Door: Hospital(I-9) for more cs's. Lastly, return to Zaffeld for your reward, Barkarole Earring.[\quote]
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-07-08 06:51:11
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know which magic burst damage pieces to use?
I currently have
Helios Band (17 MAB,MAcc,6% MB)
Helios Jacket (20 MAB,MAcc, 9% MB)
Helios Gloves (25 MAB, 9% MB)
Helios Boots (19 MAB,Macc, 8% MB)
Mizukage neck (10% MB)
Locus Ring (5% MB)

for a total of 47% MB damage. I read online that the MB cap in gear for BLM is 40% but I'm not sure if that's true. Assuming that it is, and I get Mujin Band to replace locus rings, are there any logical swaps to make for the Helios pieces to maximize my MB damage? I saw archmage gloves have 16% MB but no MAB which make them kind of shitty, but I'm not sure if it'd allow for better MAB swaps elsewhere? I guess I could always throw spaekona's coat back into my magic burst set
By FaeQueenCory 2015-07-08 08:35:57
Link | Citer | R

You can lose the ring since it's doing nothing but giving you wasted MBdmg.
Since, yes, iirc 40% IS the "gear" cap for that effect. (For all jobs, not just BLM too. And it's additive with the Trait, but the Trait isn't subjective to the apparent cap; so you get +53%dmg total.)

Fenrir or Shiva +1s would be better in that slot.
Everything else you're pretty golden on. (Plus you "forgot" the 8MAB on the neck.)
Earrings should be Friomisi and Barkarole, since any MBdmg would be wasted in those slots, and one is free and the other is basically free.
Waist, back, grip, and rings all have various options that depend on taste and what you're doing... But with that helios set and the Mizukage-no-Kubikazari, you're golden on Magic Burst Damage.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-07-08 11:18:42
Link | Citer | R

I actually have Locus Ring losing to all other options (Acumen, Shiva +1, Fenrir NQ and +1, and Strendu Ring). The only one it beats, barely, is NQ Shiva. And thats even counting that it goes over the MB +40% Cap

Never mind. I just checked the spreadsheet, and the 5% bonus to MB was not input into the spreadsheet. After setting it at 5%, it beat all other ring options.

Also, according to the Magic Bursting Thread, Locus Ring does not count to the 40% MB cap.
By geigei 2015-07-08 11:54:47
Link | Citer | R

Archmage gloves 16%? i was thinking doing that but the spreadsheet i use have bad burst formula or mab simply is better then bonus.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2015-07-08 13:23:21
Link | Citer | R

I thought it was Mujin Band that goes past the cap, not Locus Ring. I do also have the option of switching out a 23 MAB Helios Band for a 40 MAB Hagondes Hat for the loss of a bit of Occult Acumen.
By geigei 2015-07-08 13:25:06
Link | Citer | R

Yes mujin breaks it.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 41 42 43