Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 182 183 184 ... 188 189 190
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-24 17:00:43
Link | Citer | R

I tried to fit Loricate+1 in and I could not make it work. Kept needing to occupy either the earring or ring slot, in addition to the back slot, since I don't have the additional 5% from +2 head. If you can show me a set that works utilizing Loricate, i'll entertain it and see about getting my money for Moonlight back
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2022-08-24 17:09:29
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I tried to fit Loricate+1 in and I could not make it work. Kept needing to occupy either the earring or ring slot, in addition to the back slot, since I don't have the additional 5% from +2 head. If you can show me a set that works utilizing Loricate, i'll entertain it and see about getting my money for Moonlight back
I sent you a PM
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-24 17:21:42
Link | Citer | R

thanks, missed that
By Vaerix 2022-08-24 17:25:02
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
Yes but you get 6% DT and 60 DEF, last but not least it's an all-jobs and commonly used item shared among multiple jobs.
Granted I'll acknowledge that's probably not an important aspect as it were several months ago before the addition of the new wardrobes.

Back then for someone with over 13 jobs geared and equipped you can imagine building a SirD set around that was a valuable scenario.

So this is what I'm looking at in my set after the suggestions
SIRD: 104
PDT: 56

And to a lesser extent
Enmity: 55

Swapping Neck to Sovereign neck(-10 SIRD, +6DT, -15 Enmity), we have a few options with the base 94 SIRD 62 PDT 40 Enmity:

We could switch Back Aug to SIRD(1 more inv slot for extra cloak)104/52/40,
or
We could swap taeon boots in(1 more inv slot if you arent using them for phalanx anymore)104/50/33.

The 2 above keep you at SIRD/DT Cap(taeon would be close but might not be hard cap).

I think the boots are valuable enough to build around to try and keep with 12% DT and 177 effective MEVA at +2. but back is definitely the easiest swap.
By gargurty 2022-08-25 08:17:03
Link | Citer | R

anyone got an up to date fell cleave ga ws set for me?
Just for some casual sortie farm when i go in alone.
 Odin.Aurelius
Serveur: Odin
user: Aure9700
By Odin.Aurelius 2022-08-25 13:53:56
Link | Citer | R

This is what I currently use:
{
ammo="Knobkierrie",
head={ name="Nyame Helm", augments={'Path: B',}},
body={ name="Nyame Mail", augments={'Path: B',}},
legs={ name="Nyame Gauntlets", augments={'Path: B',}},
legs={ name="Nyame Flanchard", augments={'Path: B',}},
feet={ name="Nyame Sollerets", augments={'Path: B',}},
neck="Rep. Plat. Medal",
waist={ name="Sailfi Belt +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
left_ear="Ishvara Earring",
right_ear="Sherida Earring",
left_ring="Epaminondas's Ring",
right_ring="Regal Ring",
back={ name="Ogma's Cape", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20
Attack+20','STR+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
}
By gargurty 2022-08-25 15:14:18
Link | Citer | R

tyvm
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-25 15:17:49
Link | Citer | R

I'd personally use Moonshade over Sherida, as FC's range is pretty poor at low TP.
By Vaerix 2022-08-27 19:53:18
Link | Citer | R

So at what point should you give up on an "Accepted Bug" ever being fixed by SE. I'm at 1 year today about Morgelai and Tenebrae not enhancing MP return. Just wondering when is the "All hope is lost" time frame, 10 years when they disconnect the servers?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-02 17:18:35
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Sterk
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2022-09-02 17:22:44
Link | Citer | R

Works for me. Make sure you're equipping it in your right ear.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-02 17:30:09
Link | Citer | R

I'm such a dork. Thanks, I'm blind.
By Flatliner 2022-09-08 19:41:16
Link | Citer | R

Could anybody elaborate on the AF+3 body vs Nyame v0 body? I feel like I see all the sets online still suggesting AF+3 and I feel like Nyame is just better but I am also really new to endgame and trying to build out my gearsets for the first time. I saw a similar ask a few pages back but couldn't find an answer.
By fillerbunny9 2022-09-08 19:57:52
Link | Citer | R

Flatliner said: »
Could anybody elaborate on the AF+3 body vs Nyame v0 body? I feel like I see all the sets online still suggesting AF+3 and I feel like Nyame is just better but I am also really new to endgame and trying to build out my gearsets for the first time. I saw a similar ask a few pages back but couldn't find an answer.
the Resist All Elements +39 is what is making Runeist +3 get slotted. you should be capping -DT without the body slot, so that makes it highly desirable where applicable.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-09-08 20:26:26
Link | Citer | R

Nyame has more MEVA than Runeist +3 even counting the elemental resist, so AF+3 body would only be better for resisting things if you need a little bit of elemental resistance to unlock the last resist tier, and can't fit in resistance on any other slots.

I personally use engraved belt for my elemental resistance, so I don't need the AF+3 body.
By Ranoutofspace 2022-09-08 21:33:10
Link | Citer | R

Keepin' it for the all resistance and most importantly, Refresh +3.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2022-09-08 22:26:27
Link | Citer | R

Maximum HP can still be a bit of a factor. Runeist Coat is 218 HP vs Nyame Mail 136 HP. The importance of said HP in your idle set depends on how much HP you are ping-ponging between in your FC/midcast sets.

But with the addition of Erilaz Greaves +2 (which also has all elemental resist+) being the best non-engaged idle piece, Runeist Coat drops off slightly. Part of me says that the 80 HP difference doesn't matter quite so much anymore at ML40. I hadn't looked at the sets in a while, but the extra m.eva from idling in Nyame body is nice.

But at the end of the day, I'm sure it's a wash. You want more idle HP and 3 refresh or a smidge more m.eva?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-08 23:18:10
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
But with the addition of Erilaz Greaves +2 (which also has all elemental resist+) being the best non-engaged idle piece, Runeist Coat drops off slightly.

Not slightly. Erilaz Greaves +2 practically replaces the body as a resist tier unlock swap for magic evasion.. Also frees up Engraved in the waist slot. I suppose you could make a build to use all 3 pieces, but the body is practically a Valiance/Vallation swap since empy+2 feet came out.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-09-09 06:52:13
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
But at the end of the day, I'm sure it's a wash. You want more idle HP and 3 refresh or a smidge more m.eva?
Don't forget that Nyame has noticeably more def/vit.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-09-21 07:57:01
Link | Citer | R

revamping some RUN sets..

Seeing what people are using for SIRD now with agwu head or emp+2? like to get this Taeon out of the mix

I have a couple sets I use full SIRD down in, most notably aquaveil, but also a couple blu hate spells
By Nariont 2022-09-21 10:15:47
Link | Citer | R

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/37086/endeavoring-to-awaken-a-guide-to-rune-fencer/182/#3637120

was a short discussion on it last page
By Vaerix 2022-09-21 13:22:22
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Toralin said: »
revamping some RUN sets..

Seeing what people are using for SIRD now with agwu head or emp+2? like to get this Taeon out of the mix

I have a couple sets I use full SIRD down in, most notably aquaveil, but also a couple blu hate spells

I'd wait till next month to see how much they add to empy+3 head, could really open up some space for SIRD.

My hope is they double SIRD on head so we can drop ear and waist for stuff like magic fruit, and would make Taeon stuff unessential.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-21 14:10:12
Link | Citer | R

Don't think you need Taeon at all for SIRD anymore. The weak link in the set is really the Rawhide gloves. Getting 15 more SIRD allows you to completely drop those in favor of something more tanky. Though, I doubt that hat goes from 15->30

Edit: you mentioned magic fruit so maybe there was cure potency in the set, so Taeon can be useful if that's the reason.
By Vaerix 2022-09-21 14:34:33
Link | Citer | R

Don't think you need Taeon at all for SIRD anymore. The weak link in the set is really the Rawhide gloves. Getting 15 more SIRD allows you to completely drop those in favor of something more tanky. Though, I doubt that hat goes from 15->30

Edit: you mentioned magic fruit so maybe there was cure potency in the set, so Taeon can be useful if that's the reason.

The mention of magic fruit is about freeing up the belt for sroda, since it doesn't negatively effect blue magic costs for 35% cure pot.

Edit: I also agree that double is very much wishful thinking though, never hurts to dream, just don't have expectations.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-09-21 15:28:25
Link | Citer | R

How about the regal gauntlets over the rawhide?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-09-21 16:00:47
Link | Citer | R

Vaerix said: »

The mention of magic fruit is about freeing up the belt for sroda, since it doesn't negatively effect blue magic costs for 35% cure pot.

Edit: I also agree that double is very much wishful thinking though, never hurts to dream, just don't have expectations.

Very good call on Sroda Belt. That's a really good application I didn't consider the that kind of set.
By RiggityWrekd 2022-10-03 09:11:15
Link | Citer | R

since neither this guide nor the community guide mention augmented nyame for Dimidiation set, what are you guys using nowadays?

Also, what do you think of caro necklace (str+6 dex+6 atk 10) vs republic platinum medal (str+10 atk +30)?
 Shiva.Liam
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2022-10-03 12:26:48
Link | Citer | R

This is what i am using (all nyame r25) I think you would still use meghanada hands +2 until nyame are 20+ though?

epam ring would most likely replace ilabrat for proper "bis".
Neck is an interesting one, my gut tells me Caro would win but I'm sure someone has a spreadsheet to give solid proof :)
Code
ammo="Knobkierrie",
    head={ name="Nyame Helm", augments={'Path: B',}},
    body="Nyame Mail",
    hands={ name="Nyame Gauntlets", augments={'Path: B',}},
    legs={ name="Nyame Flanchard", augments={'Path: B',}},
    feet={ name="Nyame Sollerets", augments={'Path: B',}},
    neck="Fotia Gorget",
    waist="Fotia Belt",
    left_ear="Sherida Earring",
    right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Attack+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
    left_ring="Ilabrat Ring",
    right_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
    back={ name="Ogma's Cape", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','DEX+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}},
By RiggityWrekd 2022-10-05 10:25:26
Link | Citer | R

thanks for sharing your set.

Not sure about Nyame legs since it has no DEX. Seems like most leg pieces have no DEX except for Lustratio Subligar).

When do you use Fotia instead of grunfeld rope and Caro Necklace/Rep. Plat. Medal?
First Page 2 3 ... 182 183 184 ... 188 189 190