Endeavoring To Awaken --A Guide To Rune Fencer

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
Endeavoring to Awaken --A Guide to Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 181 182 183 ... 188 189 190
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2022-06-27 05:19:17
Link | Citer | R

Ty guys saw that, same with dimii - dimi, scourge needs to be quested or added to Magisn trials, thanks fellas
By Nariont 2022-06-27 10:45:04
Link | Citer | R

If its a solo sc youre looking for you could try ambu axe
 Cerberus.Darkvlade
user: Darkvlade
By Cerberus.Darkvlade 2022-06-27 11:33:25
Link | Citer | R

I was thinking of savage blade spam, just wanted a skillchain for the extra dmg, let me look up great axe and axe
By Nariont 2022-06-27 11:41:38
Link | Citer | R

they're not super amazing, gaxe darkness is okay with armor break > SC > upheav > SC, as youll likely be sitting around 350~ tp bonus

axe is very simple dci > smash > deci > deci
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-06-27 21:00:57
Link | Citer | R

Great Axe is worth having if you have any plans to go RUN on Ongo. I use Ambu G.Axe, not sure if there is anything else that you'd want.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
By Hopalong 2022-07-28 21:38:22
Link | Citer | R

So looking at Empyrean Armor +2.

Head: Just gonna be a swap in Enhancing Magic armor for the spell.

Body: Utility for boosting mp. Might tack on something cool but won't really matter without damage reduction and magic evasion.

Hands: Real opportunity to lose in value Turm's Mittens +1. Turms we just use on Battatua or something, hope we get that Lua right. Right now it is pure Great Sword Skill (cool) and Status resistance. They have to add damage resistance and something else to make us want to use em, maybe store tp or damage absorption.

Legs: They will boost Inquartata and hopefully add something to it. It already has damage resistance so they might make it a nice option or even bis.

Feet: Has nice Resist Elements which they will up, but pretty much nothing else besides some damage down.

Conclusion:
They can't just rely on what they did before with Erilaz armor. They are going to need to be more creative and think about why a Rune would use it as a tank. To be honest, they need to rethink that armor set from the ground up, it's all over the place.
By Vaerix 2022-07-29 15:39:34
Link | Citer | R

Hopalong said: »
So looking at Empyrean Armor +2.

Head: Just gonna be a swap in Enhancing Magic armor for the spell.

Body: Utility for boosting mp. Might tack on something cool but won't really matter without damage reduction and magic evasion.

Hands: Real opportunity to lose in value Turm's Mittens +1. Turms we just use on Battatua or something, hope we get that Lua right. Right now it is pure Great Sword Skill (cool) and Status resistance. They have to add damage resistance and something else to make us want to use em, maybe store tp or damage absorption.

Legs: They will boost Inquartata and hopefully add something to it. It already has damage resistance so they might make it a nice option or even bis.

Feet: Has nice Resist Elements which they will up, but pretty much nothing else besides some damage down.

Conclusion:
They can't just rely on what they did before with Erilaz armor. They are going to need to be more creative and think about why a Rune would use it as a tank. To be honest, they need to rethink that armor set from the ground up, it's all over the place.

Just hope they give us some DT/SIR/Enmity stuff that's fairly competitive, in fact, just make the whole set dt/enmity/sir stuff most people would be happy to not have to piece meal stuff from all over the game for the best of garbage stats.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaht
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2022-07-29 19:21:41
Link | Citer | R

The fact that Emet Harness didn't get any +HP as a result of the lustreless augmentations added last year was a big disappointment. I would really like to see the erilaz body get a big chunk of hp and enmity added so that I could drop emet harness out of my enmity set, but I won't hold my breath.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-07-29 19:26:26
Link | Citer | R

Assumedly its going to get a nice overhaul if nothing else though i can see legs/feet/head being very useful. There may be hope for body, hands ill be skeptical on sunce resist+ is almost always a wash, on the whole im kind of hoping run gets a very strong meva spread along with hp/dt, sird would be a great bonus
By Hopalong 2022-07-29 19:44:12
Link | Citer | R

If they revamp it, there's a large chance they might f something up as usual and overpower us then take 8 months to fix it.
 Asura.Geriond
Serveur: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-07-29 20:39:27
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
Assumedly its going to get a nice overhaul if nothing else though i can see legs/feet/head being very useful. There may be hope for body, hands ill be skeptical on sunce resist+ is almost always a wash, on the whole im kind of hoping run gets a very strong meva spread along with hp/dt, sird would be a great bonus
All of the +2s revealed have had +40 MEVA and +20 HP over their +1 versions, and I'm guessing that's going to be consistent for every piece.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-07-29 21:50:03
Link | Citer | R

Hopalong said: »
If they revamp it, there's a large chance they might f something up as usual and overpower us then take 8 months to fix it.

SE is more known for tl errors or some specific augment/enhancement thing not work properly or at all, they seldom nerf gear from memory.

Asura.Geriond said: »
All of the +2s revealed have had +40 MEVA and +20 HP over their +1 versions, and I'm guessing that's going to be consistent for every piece.

Didnt notice it was the same for each piece, only caveat i can say is none of those were tank jobs so theres some potential wiggle room there
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-07-30 07:41:29
Link | Citer | R

I expect this set to be straight bs. You can already use any of the pieces except the head in a specific defensive sets. It's not hard to cap DT with Nyame and Unity Aug'd accessories. After this you need to be putting extra pieces of defense in your sets like the shadow ring, warder's charm/engraved belt, and even things like the set bonuses off this set for extra toughness.

When you nullify/absorb damage you can stop some status effects from being able to land, you don't loose hate from taking the damage, and you put less stress on your supports and healer. I hope they make this set good enough that you don't want to take it off.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-08-21 10:18:07
Link | Citer | R

So I have 3 free slots and 5 BLU points thanks to, I dunno, ML probably.

What would you add to these spells? Which are the ones I'm using right now. I don't remember why I picked them but they were picked carefully either for direct utility or for job traits.

So yeah, what would you add? :x
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2022-08-21 12:03:58
Link | Citer | R

What Master Level? Granted, three slots and five points isn't a lot but was curious.
 Asura.Alseyn
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2022-08-21 13:28:58
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »

Frightful Roar is nice to have, so I threw that in. Didn't think of anything intelligent to do with the other two points though.
Looking at your set, you could also throw in Healing Breeze for situations where a Sleepga goes off and you're the only one awake.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-21 13:41:16
Link | Citer | R

I would add one or more of Frightful Roar, Healing Breeze, and Magic Fruit.

Some other options are Filemented Hold, or spells used to get Killer traits.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2022-08-21 13:43:29
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Iocus said: »
I expect this set to be straight bs. You can already use any of the pieces except the head in a specific defensive sets. It's not hard to cap DT with Nyame and Unity Aug'd accessories. After this you need to be putting extra pieces of defense in your sets like the shadow ring, warder's charm/engraved belt, and even things like the set bonuses off this set for extra toughness.

When you nullify/absorb damage you can stop some status effects from being able to land, you don't loose hate from taking the damage, and you put less stress on your supports and healer. I hope they make this set good enough that you don't want to take it off.
I'm like 90% sure that if you nullify a move you still get hit by the status effect if you don't resist it. Don't know about absorb.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-08-21 14:39:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Alseyn said: »

Frightful Roar is nice to have, so I threw that in. Didn't think of anything intelligent to do with the other two points though.
Looking at your set, you could also throw in Healing Breeze for situations where a Sleepga goes off and you're the only one awake.
Yeah I was thinking about Healing Breeze, sounds nice exactly for those situations.
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2022-08-21 18:15:17
Link | Citer | R

So I've decided to use this as my main engaged Magic Evasion tank set with the introduction of +2 Empyrean. You lose some physical defense over Nyame in certain pieces such as body and legs, however you gain enmity, parry rate and refresh which in my opinion is worth the trade off.

It seems Empyrean feet +2 flat out beat Nyame in terms of magic evasion and legs fall behind by 3 magic evasion.
AF body +3 falls behind by roughly 6

ItemSet 372679
[+]
By Vaerix 2022-08-24 05:28:33
Link | Citer | R

I was messing around trying to see what I could come up with for SIRD/DT with the new Empy+2 and this is what I came up with. (Cape is 10 PDT not SIRD)

ItemSet 386348

Drops Taeon SIRD(-10 SIRD) Aug Feet in Favor of +2 Feet erasing any DT problems and adds +5 SIRD over Agwu Helm with +2 Helm.

Next Step is hoping SE releases a non Waist item with an extra 10 SIRD so we can drop the belt which PDT is wasted on. I'd also like to be able to use the Sroda Belt whenever we get access to Magic Fruit for a 1 slot large Cure Potency boost.

If anyone has any Suggestions I'd love to hear them, but it seems like this is the best we've got access to while maintaining TP and DT levels. I'll hold out hope for +3 helm to get that extra 10% SIRD but I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

EDIT: Also as a side note the new Erilaz Earring works the same as Morgelai +10 regen on all casts received. As if RUN+SCH Regen5 wasn't excessive enough already.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-24 14:34:15
Link | Citer | R

Is it 101% or 102% needed for SIRD? Thought it was the latter but I'm counting 101 in the set above. I like the +2 helm, but don't got it yet.

Also, what is the advantage of Relic+3 body over Nyame? Nyame has better stats everywhere, unless I'm missing something (curious because I just updated my SIRD set last night and verifying if I can make improvements).
By Nariont 2022-08-24 14:42:41
Link | Citer | R

102 last i knew, could easily swap the earring to magnetic and cover that gap as well as removing that -enmity. Seconded on the nyame swap as well, no real gain vs relic body, bar maybe 1 tic of regen
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-08-24 14:47:06
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
could easily swap the earring to magnetic

why Nariont, why do this to me. I chose Static for NIN MB set, my stomach turns tossing it just to make up 1% SIRD. meh
By Nariont 2022-08-24 14:48:48
Link | Citer | R

You got those amazing emp+2 gloves now, doesnt that cut the need for MBB on the earring?
By Vaerix 2022-08-24 15:42:11
Link | Citer | R

Nyame Was an oversight entirely, I've been using the same SIR set since before Bumba because we haven't had any new SIR pieces since before and magnetic wasn't needed with Taeon boots. Guess it's time to redo apocalypse is nigh now. Thanks for the input all.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-08-24 15:45:21
Link | Citer | R

You guys don't like the unity neck for SirD builds?
By Nariont 2022-08-24 15:52:27
Link | Citer | R

You guys don't like the unity neck for SirD builds?

I honestly forgot about behes one if thats what youre referring to. Im not sure where id place it though since ya lose 15 enmity and 10 sird
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-08-24 15:57:31
Link | Citer | R

Yes but you get 6% DT and 60 DEF, last but not least it's an all-jobs and commonly used item shared among multiple jobs.
Granted I'll acknowledge that's probably not an important aspect as it were several months ago before the addition of the new wardrobes.

Back then for someone with over 13 jobs geared and equipped you can imagine building a SirD set around that was a valuable scenario.
[+]
By Nariont 2022-08-24 15:58:48
Link | Citer | R

Nah i get ya, i just cant think off-hand where you can trade that 6 dt for 10 sird, not to mention enmity

Suppose the cape augs the easiest swap
First Page 2 3 ... 181 182 183 ... 188 189 190