Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 172 173 174 ... 224 225 226
By SimonSes 2020-05-14 13:37:26
Link | Citer | R

Lili said: »
So even when block rate is floored on high level mobs, we still get 40% block (5 floor + 20 from shield + 15 from hands) minimum, otherwise the minimum becomes a meager 25%.
Shiva.Eightball said: »
This is important because in order to get off the floor, you have to "catch up" to that 5% before you can raise block rate above it. This is much like acc/eva mechanics. Frankly, this sucks.
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Just a quick fyi about how block+ interacts with the block floor... Unlike Inquartata for parries, block+ is added before the floor is applied. So if your calculated block rate was -10%, and you have block+20 you'd waste half of that block+ just getting out of the negative values. And would end up at 10% block rate. So in this example, you only gained 5% block rate over the floor with your +20. -.-;

So that 25%(which I'm assuming you were getting from the 5% floor+Adapa's block+20 ) isn't a guaranteed minimum or anything. You could, and probably would have floored(5%) block rate on the really high level content.

For lvl 119 content.. I don't actually have any samples for lvl 119 mobs specifically but after looking at tests that were near in level and accounting for the skill and shield type differences, I'm getting BST at about 16.58% block rate base on 119 mobs. Rough numbers mind you.

Apply reprisal to that and we get 24.87%. Then add in Adapa's block+20 for 44.87%. Which is not completely terribly, actually.

Keep in mind that this will drop quickly as mob level rises though.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2020-05-14 20:30:24
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Eightball said: »
That’s a good point, but the main thing I don’t like about those gloves is the requirement of defender on to get it, although I suppose it’s not that bad as you could do defender and berserk and still do decent dmg while tanking.

Berserk+Defender is more attack and defense than using neither.
[+]
 Asura.Skorn
Serveur: Asura
user: Skorn
By Asura.Skorn 2020-05-19 19:30:15
Link | Citer | R

these good for Upheaval even though no VIT and low Acc Attk?
By Spaitin 2020-05-20 18:45:54
Link | Citer | R

They are good, not unbelievably good, but good.
By Xippy 2020-05-21 13:50:09
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have a TP/Hybrid set for Mont+1? Its my only decent weapon at the moment and I'd like to put something together to start clearing for Chango.

Also, Ive always wanted to build a Bravura, are they really not worth it anymore? I'd prefer to build a Bravura and work on Chango afterwards during the clears if I'm not completely wasting all that gil on Bravura.Thanks all.
 Asura.Luckycharmss
By Asura.Luckycharmss 2020-05-21 15:18:39
Link | Citer | R

Do What makes you happy
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-05-21 15:32:04
Link | Citer | R

Bravura has its niche uses, just don't expect to top the parses with it. Shining One, a dual wield, fencer build, Montante +1, etc will serve you better, and free.
By Xippy 2020-05-21 15:43:59
Link | Citer | R

Ok, I have Mont+1 so I may just go ahead and build around it and shoot straight for Chango once I get my gear good. I don't want to be a REMA WAR in subpar gear.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-05-21 16:09:01
Link | Citer | R

Xippy said: »
Ok, I have Mont+1 so I may just go ahead and build around it and shoot straight for Chango once I get my gear good. I don't want to be a REMA WAR in subpar gear.

If you find yourself needing accuracy, a NQ Raetic Algol will also hold you over.

The Ambuscade Axe, Sword, or Gaxe is pretty solid as well.

Even a Non Pulsed Kaja Axe will put out some nice damage.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2020-05-22 14:31:00
Link | Citer | R

Question for R15 Conqueror owners, is ir worth making it ?
Im actually owning R15 Chango and building Ukon (which i'll finish for sure) and Conq (8k alex spend + 50 assault done, no nyzul/einherjar ki yet), but now im more looking to build Terpischore. So i wanted to know if it could worth more efforts to build a R15 Conqueror and what can i expect from it if any owner see this post
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2020-05-22 14:42:17
Link | Citer | R

High innate double attack devalues Mythic AM3 quite a bit. It does, however, transform King's Justice into a pretty damn good weaponskill.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2020-05-22 15:01:04
Link | Citer | R

I dont really know what to expect from the KJ dmg at r15, never seen one ingame or in videos. Plus its hard to ask for numbers. I think it can have an higher white dmg than Chango with the hidden crit rate bonus to berserk, but even here im not sure
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-05-22 18:49:44
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 373280

this would be around 18.7K at 1000 TP and around 35K at 3000 TP
By Spaitin 2020-05-22 18:52:38
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Yiazmat said: »
I dont really know what to expect from the KJ dmg at r15, never seen one ingame or in videos. Plus its hard to ask for numbers. I think it can have an higher white dmg than Chango with the hidden crit rate bonus to berserk, but even here im not sure
It is kinda meh. Similar to reso builds. Just way more expensive.
By Xippy 2020-05-24 12:57:23
Link | Citer | R

Any Bravura TP/Hybrid/MT sets? Front page is blank. About to finish it up pretty soon and excited (first REMA in 15 years of playing).
By Crossbones 2020-05-25 10:37:57
Link | Citer | R

There's really zero reason to use bravura. War can already achieve very high / capped pdt with little sacrifice to tp gain. At R15 it has a pretty good ws at 1k tp but for everything else your paying the penalty of not using chango (tp bonus, enhanced SC properties). Whatever gil you are gonna put into the relic would be better spent elsewhere, it's just an inferior weapon at the end of the day, especially if not RP'd. If it makes you happy then alright but a bravura in less hybrid / turtle gear will not beat a better weapon in more hybrid / turtle gear and probably won't even be close.
[+]
By Xippy 2020-05-25 10:51:38
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, that's fine. It's something I've always wanted. I'm getting Chango next but I've wanted a Bravura since I started playing 15 years ago. Because of the -20% DT on the AM, I wasn't sure how a hybrid build would look on a WAR with Bravura.

I've got enough gil to merc a Chango right now and I know they are the best damage, but I don't play WAR just to see how high I can push damage. To me, Bravura has always been the perfect GA for WAR. IMO, WARs are not only about pushing damage, but also about hitting that provoke button if the tank drops, or grabbing that add. It's the flexibility of WAR that Ive always loved so much, so, for that (and nostalgic reasons), I decided to build Bravura first. Chango is easy, it's just pay 200 Mil and here's your weapon.
By Spaitin 2020-05-25 10:55:57
Link | Citer | R

Bravura at r15 is behind most options, even in hybrid mode, it just doesnt do anything well.

The set for hybrid on bravura is just your regular TP set basically.
[+]
By Crossbones 2020-05-25 10:56:31
Link | Citer | R

You have a lot of options. Ambu cape can have 10 pdt, two moon rings puts you at 40 total, Odin body overcaps a little. Or put dt on back for more breath protection. Also have AF legs (or is it feet) and sulevia hands which are already in optimal tp a sets and have defensive bonuses. With bravura you basically don't have to add anything but one or two pieces.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2020-05-25 11:36:17
Link | Citer | R

for what its worth, you can use chango and hit 100% DA, 26% haste, and -30dt easily enough. War is a really tanky job with a lot of options for damage mitigation in their standard tp setups
[+]
By ashcrow 2020-05-27 20:16:13
Link | Citer | R

am thinking of making Conqueror but all the Arguements Suggest that Chango is way better, is it still worth it to play with CONQ*?
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2020-05-27 20:57:35
Link | Citer | R

ashcrow said: »
am thinking of making Conqueror but all the Arguements Suggest that Chango is way better, is it still worth it to play with CONQ*?
Asura.Veikur said: »
High innate double attack devalues Mythic AM3 quite a bit. It does, however, transform King's Justice into a pretty damn good weaponskill.
Spaitin said: »
It is kinda meh. Similar to reso builds. Just way more expensive.

Same question was asked 11 posts up

Question for R15 Conqueror owners, is ir worth making it ?
Im actually owning R15 Chango and building Ukon (which i'll finish for sure) and Conq (8k alex spend + 50 assault done, no nyzul/einherjar ki yet), but now im more looking to build Terpischore. So i wanted to know if it could worth more efforts to build a R15 Conqueror and what can i expect from it if any owner see this post
[+]
By zixxer 2020-05-29 21:07:02
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone use ynglinga sallet (+20 wsacc) for any of their war gearset?

Got the drop from trove, and I'm wondering if it's worth the +1 inventory.
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2020-05-29 22:45:38
Link | Citer | R

Decent piece for a hybrid pdt/ws set, but useless outside of that.

Edit: I was thinking for sam whoops, its useless.
[+]
 Asura.Snore
user: snore
By Asura.Snore 2020-06-04 09:23:00
Link | Citer | R

How does Fencer Warrior compare to other sets when paired with a Dancer with 10% Haste Samba and /Drg for the WSD bonus / Acc bonus. Was just something I was theory crafting. If Dnc Haste Samba gives 10 JA haste then it works the same as /sam for JA haste basically getting you like 1% away from cap. I feel like this fixes its weakness and should allow it to compete. Thoughts?
[+]
By malakef 2020-06-04 09:52:52
Link | Citer | R

I believe it’s our strongest non 1 hour WS spam potential. I already beat out just about every DD I come across using Fencer with /DRG and not dnc in party. If I get near haste cape with a dnc in party it would be no contest.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2020-06-04 11:43:25
Link | Citer | R

Savage Blade spam or even Mistral Axe are potent with Fencer. The down side is that you lose the skillchain damage that you'd get from Chango/Upheaval even if you fix the delay issue.
 Shiva.Eightball
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-06-04 12:15:02
Link | Citer | R

Yea, the WSs themself do very good dmg but as stated you lose out on any skill chain dmg as none of the good 1h sword or axe WSs SC with themself (unless there is an axe SC with mistral, cala and deci that I am missing)so for them to be better you would need to be in a position where skillchains are not going to happen anyways and then it can be competitive with savage blade, calamity, mistral axe, or possible even Decimation with ambu axe, but once you can add in skillchain dmg from a chango depending on the target will most certainly do more.
By malakef 2020-06-04 12:24:27
Link | Citer | R

How much damage do you think the SB fencer WS are doing and how often are you getting SC in a spam situation (with other jobs spamming) as I described? I still contend in this case where it’s nothing but spamming WS it’s likely to be the best set up.
First Page 2 3 ... 172 173 174 ... 224 225 226