Will We Regret Video Games On Our Death Bed?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Will We Regret Video Games on our Death Bed?
Will We Regret Video Games on our Death Bed?
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Odinz 2020-03-25 12:28:46
Link | Citer | R

No. I have some great memories in FFXI, and some great moments of laughter and joy.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-25 16:09:28
Link | Citer | R

Oh, heck yeah. I mean I had some fun but I probably should have done something productive and that will likely be the regret. Youth is wasted on the young as I've heard said before. I do assume that, as long as we don't get arthritis when we're old and in nursing homes, that we'll have some kickass lan parties in our old age.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Serveur: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-03-25 16:20:11
Link | Citer | R

Sorry about your friend. I almost wrote something about how my liver probably would have been healthier if I wouldn't get off of work and crack a pint. I was one of those WHMs that kept everyone alive /while/ drinking. Oh man. The adventures in Tu'Lia we would have.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Serveur: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-03-25 17:33:03
Link | Citer | R

To the OP. I won’t regret video games. Some of the best moments of my life have revolved around my favorite pastime. As kids we’d all go over each other’s friends’ houses and play basketball and video games for hours if we didn’t have homework. Our favorites were Halo and SSBM. Participating and winning local tournaments was such a great rush, we even did road trips to away-state tournaments and MLG. Didn’t make it to the top or anything but it was damn fun.

We weren’t even the “Stereotypical Nerdybois” either, quite the opposite actually, we were all on the basketball or football teams and we all grew into pretty active lifestyles. My friends are mostly active Airforce, one Navy one Army, I went into Union Steamfitting and even though we’re all working obscene hours each week, we’re still experiencing different parts of the Country/world and Videgames are always close by.

If I had to guess what type of situation might make someone regret Video games I think it’d be if you’ve been indoors basically your entire life and only ever actually went anywhere if it wasn’t a week long vacation or something. Only a guess though.
 Shiva.Siviard
Serveur: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-03-25 19:08:26
Link | Citer | R

/em checks to see if this is another Billnes thread.

/em finds out it's a necro bumped thread.

/em is slightly disappointed.
 Titan.Aeterna
Serveur: Titan
user: Eterna
By Titan.Aeterna 2020-03-25 20:44:58
Link | Citer | R

This is coming from someone who has played video games since second grade, and with four digit days in this game - but the regrets that will flash before me on my death bed will be so personal and deep, whatever form of misguided decisions I’ve made involving video games or to have games be a part of my life would be completely insignificant. If it did come up I would smile, pardon myself and move onto the next.
By Felgarr 2020-03-25 23:34:42
Link | Citer | R

No way. I regret (some) people more than anything, even a game.