[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-08 17:20:39
Link | Citer | R

Someone tell Camate to run before Urteil pk him!
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-11-08 17:26:33
Link | Citer | R

Totally just went to the official forums for the first time to see that post.
[+]
 Odin.Upbeat
Serveur: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-11-08 17:34:11
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
**rdm90 casting silence on nin95
"31 misses in a row"

sounds painful lol
I really figured it would be resisted 100% after seeing it miss like 20 times in a row. Shocking to see it actually start landing more after the 25+ misses, of course it instantly wore off by that point, it's just not something I expected.
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-08 19:25:11
Link | Citer | R

The official forum is the only place where you'll see BLU's and PUP's insist they are not amazing at PvP.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-08 19:32:07
Link | Citer | R

WAHH YOU GOTTA LIMIT ALL THIS ***, BUT I NEVER DO PVP, AND DON'T HAVE ANY RESISTANCE GEAR BUT ENFEEBLES ALWAYYYYS OWWWWN MEEEEEE.

yyyyyyyyyyyy!

:(

On that note where are the videos!
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2011-11-08 20:29:59
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Urteil said: »

I'm going to be torn a new *** :/

But IT'S OKAY, I CAN TAKE IT LIKE A MAN
 Bismarck.Zirk
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Zirk 2011-11-08 21:22:27
Link | Citer | R

To the person doing the resist testing, based on my personal ballista experience, dying does not reset your accumulated resistance. I'm pretty sure you have to die and choose the Return to Camp option, which forces you to zone, and I'm pretty sure its the zoning that resets the resistances. I'm not even 100% sure if returning to camp resets resistances.

Acorn hasn't been on AIM the last couple of days, I assume he got really busy with stuff. It takes a lot of his time to encode the videos, then he uploads them to youtube privately so I can watch them and record the commentary, then he has to edit my recording into the video, and for the first round fights (sometimes others) when I'm doing more thorough analysis, he has to pause the video at certain frames and make sure the audio commentary stays properly synced with the rest of the video, then he has to upload it to youtube again.

All of the fights should make it onto his channel sooner or later, may just need more patience.
 Lakshmi.Evviva
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2011-11-08 21:41:04
Link | Citer | R

Hello from Lakshmi~

While people are on the topic of ballista, just thought I'd let those who are interested know that 60 cap has been going steady for years on certain servers.

For more information:
http://www.youtube.com/user/vyiv
http://www.youtube.com/user/deshi0
http://www.youtube.com/user/Evviva3980

Wonderful videos and commentary(I died), hope to see more!

Cheers~
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-08 21:46:26
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Phoenix.Urteil said: »

I'm going to be torn a new *** :/

But IT'S OKAY, I CAN TAKE IT LIKE A MAN

Or a woman~
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-08 21:46:56
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zirk said: »
To the person doing the resist testing, based on my personal ballista experience, dying does not reset your accumulated resistance. I'm pretty sure you have to die and choose the Return to Camp option, which forces you to zone, and I'm pretty sure its the zoning that resets the resistances. I'm not even 100% sure if returning to camp resets resistances.

Acorn hasn't been on AIM the last couple of days, I assume he got really busy with stuff. It takes a lot of his time to encode the videos, then he uploads them to youtube privately so I can watch them and record the commentary, then he has to edit my recording into the video, and for the first round fights (sometimes others) when I'm doing more thorough analysis, he has to pause the video at certain frames and make sure the audio commentary stays properly synced with the rest of the video, then he has to upload it to youtube again.

All of the fights should make it onto his channel sooner or later, may just need more patience.

It seems to correlate to either of the people zoning.
 Bismarck.Zirk
By Bismarck.Zirk 2011-11-08 22:44:03
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Evviva said: »
Hello from Lakshmi~

While people are on the topic of ballista, just thought I'd let those who are interested know that 60 cap has been going steady for years on certain servers.

For more information:

Cheers~

I always wished to become a full time Ballista player. I probably only got less than 100 60 cap matches in, then eventually I think Seraph's JP 60 cap crew decided to switch servers. One JP player I always looked up to was an elvaan named Loyd, who I felt had mastered every job I ever saw him on, by any chance is that the Moyd in deshi0's most recently uploaded video (Meri Mountains 60 cap)?

I don't think any of our matches had the level of team coordination as yours, and there was never any hako matches that I saw. Even if I reactivated my account and transferred servers, I don't think I could play at your level.
 Bismarck.Zirk
By Bismarck.Zirk 2011-11-08 22:48:45
Link | Citer | R

Holy ***Drekien has a semi-recent post on vyiv's blog, I used to play with him way back on Seraph.
 Bismarck.Acorn
user: Acorn
By Bismarck.Acorn 2011-11-08 23:32:19
Link | Citer | R

I've been a little busy with school crap. More vids will probly be up tomorrow
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2011-11-08 23:33:54
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Evviva said: »
Hello from Lakshmi~

For more information:

Cheers~

I always wished to become a full time Ballista player. I probably only got less than 100 60 cap matches in, then eventually I think Seraph's JP 60 cap crew decided to switch servers. One JP player I always looked up to was an elvaan named Loyd, who I felt had mastered every job I ever saw him on, by any chance is that the Moyd in deshi0's most recently uploaded video (Meri Mountains 60 cap)?

I don't think any of our matches had the level of team coordination as yours, and there was never any hako matches that I saw. Even if I reactivated my account and transferred servers, I don't think I could play at your level.

Moyd is indeed Loyd from Seraph~
 Bismarck.Zirk
By Bismarck.Zirk 2011-11-09 00:00:04
Link | Citer | R

Do you guys have any way I could talk to you more conveniently so I can ask tons of Ballista questions?
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2011-11-09 00:14:12
Link | Citer | R

Do you guys have any way I could talk to you more conveniently so I can ask tons of Ballista questions?

Hey Zirk~
We can take this to ffxiah PM's, or youtube PM's - feel free to contact any of us =)
 Lakshmi.Drekien
user: Drekien
By Lakshmi.Drekien 2011-11-09 01:41:47
Link | Citer | R

nah man we dont want it, its tainted lolz
 Lakshmi.Evviva
By Lakshmi.Evviva 2011-11-09 01:44:33
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Drekien said: »
nah man we dont want it, its tainted lolz
I plead the fif
 Lakshmi.Drekien
user: Drekien
By Lakshmi.Drekien 2011-11-09 01:54:19
Link | Citer | R

I'm God's Warrior!

lmfao
[+]
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2011-11-09 10:58:52
Link | Citer | R

Ive been working on a list on how well/not so well I think SMN would do in brenner. Only had a chance to test a few matches so far, so anyone on Phoenix up for a 1v1 shoot me a /tell.

Wall of Text:

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Brixy 2011-11-09 11:17:08
Link | Citer | R

yes I agree a good dnc could just spam steps on avatar and reverse flourish to keep tp thats why I added Shiva with spikes after the inital Chaotic strike so either way it goes if they do melee the avatar they would get paralyzed, and if they run after me I could keep my distance, I have movement+ gear on smn so a dncs tandava crackows would not be doing much.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Brixy 2011-11-09 11:24:32
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh's Shock Squall is instant cast aoe stun that lasts as long as if not longer than regular stun that would knock off chocobo jig from the dnc, then chaotic strike would stun them again its a 3 hit move, each hit that lands causes a longer stun, it can last upwards 15 seconds if all 3 hits land. plenty of time for me to get plenty of room.
Shock Squall is unique as its the only instant bloodpact move smn has.
By jettu 2011-11-09 14:11:35
Link | Citer | R

moar
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-09 21:18:52
Link | Citer | R

Summoner will have to choose sub jobs based on their main enemy, augment their physical ability with staff melee, PDT gear and fight in tandem with their avatar.

The problem is that most avatar pacts can easily be zoned, by moving about 15' away, so you'll need to give incentive for the enemy to be near the avatar by you baiting them, as the real trick is to killing the SMN.

Instead of treating the two bodies seperatly you both need to be together to play off of sleep resistance via diabolos etc. and your own sleep resistance. Trying to make sure that if something like Diaga is cast etc, you both get hit by the spell. The summoner shouldn't stray very far from their avatar, if the enemy wants to play ranged know when to retreat or retaliate with drain/aspir and use your massive mp pool to keep up stoneskin and blinks. Using the avatar as your shield and sword means doing the obvious, but also the spacing required.

SMN is hard to play.

Its the same problem as PUP where you see the spacing between avatar and summoner too spread out. When the pet is bound/broken/slept etc. The summoner like the master should focus on making their character itself a force to bet reckoned with instead of relying soley on the summon and vice versa.

**I don't know much about the new pacts introduced, but perhaps they offer a strong amount of promise.

Summoner lacks native enfeebles, but the new blood pacts combined with the summoner actually fighting jobs without ice spikes, may prove to be useful.

However in many cases you can sub /rdm and keep max distance from an enemy trying to -ga you with sleep, while your avatar punishes them.
 Fenrir.Unaisis
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Sansui
By Fenrir.Unaisis 2011-11-09 21:45:14
Link | Citer | R

Would be awesome to see Ballista get a breath of life~ .____.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-09 21:50:58
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Unaisis said: »
Would be awesome to see Ballista get a breath of life~ .____.

Workin' on it.
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-11-09 21:56:43
Link | Citer | R

tried to stir up people for jugner uncapped last night on asura, got 3, one w/o licence :<
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21