Bismarck.Hisagi
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: junpei87
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2011-11-30 13:48:22
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Upbeat said: »
Lol wut

Times have changed is all I can say, not that gearing strictly for DEF was ever the best way to go even at 75.

With NIN gearing for MaB/INT is the best way to go in almost any fight.
lol nin/blm was only for lv 40, 50 prolly.. doubt it and for 60 and 75 cap was useless u would have been dead before cast all them <.<
Ballista might have changed but not that much as i can see
 Odin.Upbeat
Serveur: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-11-30 13:57:06
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Hisagi said: »
Odin.Upbeat said: »
Lol wut

Times have changed is all I can say, not that gearing strictly for DEF was ever the best way to go even at 75.

With NIN gearing for MaB/INT is the best way to go in almost any fight.
lol nin/blm was only for lv 40, 50 prolly.. doubt it and for 60 and 75 cap was useless u would have been dead before cast all them <.<
Ballista might have changed but not that much as i can see
Watch the first 30 seconds, then tell me nukes aren't the way of going:

Spamming 300~400 damage Ni spells almost instantly plus a 600~1,000 damage futae San every now and then... Come on.
 Bismarck.Hisagi
user: junpei87
By Bismarck.Hisagi 2011-11-30 14:06:58
Link | Citer | R

lol u got a point, Nin spells are great on the "new" level cap of ballista but still if u were fighting a smart SAM he could have /ga ur shadows then gekko ur face and u would have been dead.
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-11-30 14:16:51
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Hisagi said: »
lol u got a point, Nin spells are great on the "new" level cap of ballista but still if u were fighting a smart SAM he could have /ga ur shadows then gekko ur face and u would have been dead.
I've never seen a good/smart SAM outside of lvl 60 cap. I highly doubt just wiping shadows and using Gekko would do anything at all. If silence did actually land, it wouldn't be on for long, and I could just sprint away while silenced.

Or sleep as soon as they started to wipe shadows, get utsu back up, and nuke them to death lol.
 Phoenix.Pugnax
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Pugnax
By Phoenix.Pugnax 2011-11-30 15:30:55
Link | Citer | R

heard BST is pretty nice in PvP
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-30 15:42:59
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said: »
Nice video aside from the wubstep ;;

I really wish PvP in FFXI was more mainstream (and convenient to do)...

Its not that bad, takes about 3 minutes to set up.

As opposed to standing around for hours in Jeuno, or waiting for people to gather etc.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-30 15:44:07
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Pugnax said: »

Can be, I wonder how the new pets will play out especially the turtle.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-11-30 15:54:49
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Urteil said: »

Gooey seems more likely the pet to use. Resists everything. Resisting sleep/bind/grav would make pets pretty nasty.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-30 15:56:07
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Axle said: »

Gooey seems more likely the pet to use. Resists everything. Resisting sleep/bind/grav would make pets pretty nasty.

True. This pet pisses me off lol.
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
user: kivyin
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2011-11-30 16:08:55
Link | Citer | R

From playing BST back in 90 caps on Fenrir, it's really not as effective as one might think. Don't get me wrong, the pets hit for around 100-200 and crits for about 250, but when faced with an evasive job like THF or NIN or w/e, BST tends to do incredibly poorly. And especially with a job that can sleep, pets don't build resistance. Also, BSTs are easy to kill too, even with -50% PDT and they don't have any defensive abilities minus Feral Howl and their defense sucks. Sometimes you'll have people who attack the pets for some reason while you and your pet attacks, but usually people will just go after the BST and ignore the pet. Now, if snarl worked like the PUPs Provoke...

Also, for WS's Primal Rend or Cloudsplitter do a much more constant damage over Rampage.
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-11-30 16:25:19
Link | Citer | R

It's always been a pretty big bummer that Snarl doesn't work how one would expect it to. If Snarl did force the person to target your pet BST would be an amazing job in PvP.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-30 16:27:39
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Stfutaru said: »
From playing BST back in 90 caps on Fenrir, it's really not as effective as one might think. Don't get me wrong, the pets hit for around 100-200 and crits for about 250, but when faced with an evasive job like THF or NIN or w/e, BST tends to do incredibly poorly. And especially with a job that can sleep, pets don't build resistance. Also, BSTs are easy to kill too, even with -50% PDT and they don't have any defensive abilities minus Feral Howl and their defense sucks. Sometimes you'll have people who attack the pets for some reason while you and your pet attacks, but usually people will just go after the BST and ignore the pet. Now, if snarl worked like the PUPs Provoke...

Also, for WS's Primal Rend or Cloudsplitter do a much more constant damage over Rampage.

I wish snarl worked the way provoke does, however if the BST fights near pet forcing the enemy to DoT the pet + them and is /sch, they can use pet as shield vs melee oriented jobs.

Snarl totally needs to voke the target however.
By nyheen 2011-11-30 18:46:23
Link | Citer | R

rageeee! lmao. these guys must not know how to pvp or something. i dont feel like going pass the list of all the things that blu could of done and that whm to better they chance of winning><

but it great seeing a very skilled nin that use /sch so well.

UPBEAT! i challenge you to a dual!(yu-gi-oh quotes) on my pup/sch! if i was on that server><.

anyways good videos:)
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-11-30 19:28:08
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Raenryong said: »
Nice video aside from the wubstep ;;

I really wish PvP in FFXI was more mainstream (and convenient to do)...

Its not that bad, takes about 3 minutes to set up.

As opposed to standing around for hours in Jeuno, or waiting for people to gather etc.

Compared to other games, it's still an inconvenience though. The PvP experience is much more streamlined and better in just about any other MMO out there.
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-12-01 11:44:58
Link | Citer | R

nyheen said: »
rageeee! lmao. these guys must not know how to pvp or something. i dont feel like going pass the list of all the things that blu could of done and that whm to better they chance of winning><

but it great seeing a very skilled nin that use /sch so well.

UPBEAT! i challenge you to a dual!(yu-gi-oh quotes) on my pup/sch! if i was on that server><.

anyways good videos:)
Deal! Challenge Accepted :p

I just uploaded a new video vs that same WHM from the last video. He did extremely well this time, even beat me once! Almost every fight came down to us both in red HP. I haven't had a fight where I was actually jumping up in down in my chair/heart beating out of my chest in a long long time. The video is up on youtube now, but I haven't put any music on it yet.

Thanks for the amazing fights Sawtelle/Runswithfafnirs, THIS is what keeps me searching for people to PvP with. Nothing in FFXI gives quite the same feeling.

I'll post the video later when audioswap is done.
By nyheen 2011-12-01 12:51:11
Link | Citer | R

whm did little better now. seems like he was going for the pdt gear. not sure if he was fully buffed in it. ice spike would of been nice etc.

seems to me you was holding back on 1st, 2nd round hold back alot but started to realize how much a threat he was become with them holys and aoes. 3rd you just rush him down

now for that nin vs sam one, hmmm it kinda tough. not my main but think i would try /sch on that one. the strategy may not work on skilled nin but take perfect timing and alot luck><.

would have to wait for the right time for shadows down, blade bash
and hope to god that Konzen-ittai + Tachi: Fudo one shot before stun wear >.>. or maybe Tachi: Kasha Paralyzes.

anyways that my 3 cents :)
[+]
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-12-01 13:57:48
Link | Citer | R

nyheen said: »
whm did little better now. seems like he was going for the pdt gear. not sure if he was fully buffed in it. ice spike would of been nice etc.

seems to me you was holding back on 1st, 2nd round hold back alot but started to realize how much a threat he was become with them holys and aoes. 3rd you just rush him down

now for that nin vs sam one, hmmm it kinda tough. not my main but think i would try /sch on that one. the strategy may not work on skilled nin but take perfect timing and alot luck><.

would have to wait for the right time for shadows down, blade bash
and hope to god that Konzen-ittai + Tachi: Fudo one shot before stun wear >.>. or maybe Tachi: Kasha Paralyzes.

anyways that my 3 cents :)
He definitely stepped his game up lol. He did use Ice spikes a few times iirc, maybe not in one of the 3 fights in that video, but I'm sure he did in one of our others.

I try to change my play style/set up every fight to keep things interesting.

As for the SAM I have absolutely no idea lol. I'll just have to wait till I see a hardcore SAM.
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-12-01 18:03:45
Link | Citer | R

:D Was a pleasure. We will have to do it again sometime!
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-12-04 08:55:12
Link | Citer | R

I think Electrical Engineering Degree monsters might have devoured Our commentator, and video makers.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-12-04 09:02:45
Link | Citer | R

Taru WHM is a boss by the way, don't give up, the battle system has more depth; through gear selection, sub job synergy and tactics that expand upon these choices, than many people will ever know.

There are jobs that are initially power houses RDM/BLM/SCH/BLU etc, but other jobs with a bit of creativity and holistic knowledge of what is available can quickly become competent and hold their own.

WHM is a job that in my nightmares I fear, the potential in the job for group and solo conflicts is amazing. Especially with the new WS coming out.

And often I have considered leveling it, just to kill, holy, kill people.

Oh, and a very smart well geared with resist setups etc, SAM/SCH is disgusting. Especially with Killer shortbow and capped/merited archery for hitting low evasive jobs (mages mostly rank E/D evasion) with silence arrows, paralyze arrows.

Gets enfeebles, and everything /sch offers for free, and with mp merits easily breaks 350-400mp. With insane damage from Konzen-Ittai and powerful enfeebling WS.

Can silence via instant WS or arrow, forcing jobs to open themselves up to damage and not slot resist gear.
 Lakshmi.Zirkk
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Zirkk 2011-12-04 18:44:45
Link | Citer | R

I think Electrical Engineering Degree monsters might have devoured Our commentator, and video makers.

Mostly Acorn, he still has my SCH vs RDM Round 2 commentary but hasn't had time to get it uploaded yet, I haven't heard from him or seen him online in weeks.
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21