First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 19 20 21
 Phoenix.Urteil
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-08 04:51:50
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Okay, find a large match, where everyone on your team is always gonna have poison up, lol

I like team matches a lot, I wish there were more of them. I'd like to see how Corsair can be used, and I really miss Meriphtaud matches, that is my favorite area.

I'd make sure key people were /sch especially DNC so they can immediately Divine Waltz etc, most importantly mages, so they just focus on break resistance and can't be immobilized by sleep.

A team of my choosing consists of immaculate duelists, so every link in the chain is robust and strong.
Either way, anyone who doesn't 1v1 and relies on a team of vague others is "lol".

I find it trite.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-11-08 04:53:58
Link | Citer | R

1 v 1'ing on purpose is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Who is going off of pride and not strategy now?

If you're chasing someone down and nobody else is around, sure go get your kill, but going out of your way to 1 v 1 people is dumb. The point of a team match is to function as a team. The guy who runs off loses his 1 v 1 and gives the other team gatebreach is a moron who ruins it for his own team.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-08 04:54:49
Link | Citer | R

1 v 1'ing on purpose is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Who is going off of pride and not strategy now?

If you're chasing someone down and nobody else is around, sure go get your kill, but going out of your way to 1 v 1 people is dumb. The point of a team match is to function as a team. The guy who runs off loses his 1 v 1 and gives the other team gatebreach is a moron who ruins it for his own team.

Why would you ever 1v1 in a team fight, I said nothing of the kind.

I want a team of amazing duelists, so in a team environment they are independent/can be self sufficient and know how to work together, there is no weak link.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-11-08 04:55:25
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Either way, anyone who doesn't 1v1
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-08 04:56:35
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Either way, anyone who doesn't 1v1

To make this work and even have a shred of integrity you'd need to add "in a team fight." to the end of that quote.

Yes if you only do team games and somehow feel that this can allow you to claim that you are individually strong, you're an idiot.

We were talking about two seperate things, team matches and 1v1 I thought.

You're the one who initially made the distinction.

I always got upset and people who ran off in team fights, and consequently got upset when they were 'ganked'. It always seemed to be a situation that was self induced, and they were looking for some invariable reason to place the blame on another.

I would also realize later they got GB'd at the rook away from us, and everyone over there probably just got about 7-15 points.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-11-08 04:59:09
Link | Citer | R

1 v 1 doesn't even match strengths then if you're going into that, as it's totally unbalanced when jobs vs jobs.

If you beat someone of X job w/ Y job, that doesn't mean you're good, that means the other person utterly sucks.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-08 05:00:35
Link | Citer | R

1 v 1 doesn't even match strengths then if you're going into that, as it's totally unbalanced when jobs vs jobs.

If you beat someone of X job w/ Y job, that doesn't mean you're good, that means the other person utterly sucks.

All this means is that you're just an amateur at the system.

I beat RDM's, BLU's, BLM's, PLD's and SCH's - this makes me very good.

There are some snuff matches but many jobs have strengths many don't tap into. On the whole and by that on the average, there are ways for jobs to prevail with gear choices and by using specific counters to their enemy.

Monk which is your pride and joy, does have it exceedingly rough I will concede.

But in that vein of logic all a team fight means is that you're a gang banging pussy.

And now everything is rather pessimistic isn't it?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-08 05:08:02
Link | Citer | R

Sometimes I don't know where Urteil's character ends and where he is serious.
By now I imagine he wears a full armor at home too and now and then comes out of the window yelling at passerbies "WILL YOU DARE TO FIGHT ME?" and some other superevil lines.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-08 05:15:01
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Sometimes I don't know where Urteil's character ends and where he is serious.
By now I imagine he wears a full armor at home too and now and then comes out of the window yelling at passerbies "WILL YOU DARE TO FIGHT ME?" and some other superevil lines.

"I AM PUNCHING YOUR SALAD."
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-11-08 05:45:46
Link | Citer | R

Point still stands, it's not a requirement to be good at pve to be good at pvp
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-08 06:04:49
Link | Citer | R

Point still stands, it's not a requirement to be good at pve to be good at pvp

I still don't see how they'd have the tools to win.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-11-08 06:13:05
Link | Citer | R

They could fish or farm all day and buy gear. People do that all the time, buy a char, merc smaller ***and buy things they can't lowman, etc.

XI has never really required you to be active in an event to receive its rewards
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-08 06:16:14
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Good sportsmanship is good sportsmanship.

Cheers to the response Urteil. I'm curious what you think of non-xml players though.

After dealing with the official forums, as long as gear swapping is going on, happy day.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-08 06:19:24
Link | Citer | R

They could fish or farm all day and buy gear. People do that all the time, buy a char, merc smaller ***and buy things they can't lowman, etc.

XI has never really required you to be active in an event to receive its rewards

I hope he can can PvP me as good as he catches Jelly pheeshes.

Do you know a person like this personally that I can fight, I'd like to see if their ideals in practice conquer mine.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-11-08 06:21:21
Link | Citer | R

No, but that's because Ballista has been dead on my server since before lv 80 came out.

Anyone who was doing that in my day is long gone.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-08 06:36:56
Link | Citer | R

No, but that's because Ballista has been dead on my server since before lv 80 came out.

Anyone who was doing that in my day is long gone.

Well if you find someone, please send them my way.

I also did my best to amend the earlier post, and make it obvious that I did. I am trying to fight a very specific duplicitous methodology, not PvE in general.

So to that effect a very specific type of person, that exists in both groups.

I believe my stance is rather confusing or coming across strange, ultimately it is my wish for everyone to excel at both spheres.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-11-08 06:40:10
Link | Citer | R

lol I'd give it a try myself on the test server, playing with jobs I don't have leveled on my character, but windower doesn't work for it yet (or does it?) and my c key doesn't work, I have it remapped to the \(I have two of them, it's not the one above the enter key, this one is directly below the C key) key, which doesn't do anything in the actual game, but goes as regular in windower. I haven't been able to do anything on the test server at all :(
 Bahamut.Krizz
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-11-08 06:42:03
Link | Citer | R

lol I'd give it a try myself on the test server, playing with jobs I don't have leveled on my character, but windower doesn't work for it yet (or does it?) and my c key doesn't work, I have it remapped to the \(I have two of them, it's not the one above the enter key, this one is directly below the C key) key, which doesn't do anything in the actual game, but goes as regular in windower. I haven't been able to do anything on the test server at all :(
I believe there is a way to get windower to work with the test server. Or at least someone said there is. They didn't have the details in their post, and I don't remember who it was now.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-08 06:43:02
Link | Citer | R

Well either way its a well-known fact, I must have gotten my relic in PvP.

There truly was no other way.

I am not really a huge fan of the test server, I have a hard time considering anything that goes on there as legitimate and it seems ephemeral to me.

However if windower does work and I can make my game not look like ***, I will put serious thought into it.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-11-08 06:43:10
Link | Citer | R

I remember some bootleg roundabout way being talked about but the devs on the windower said it wasn't safe to do and could mess up files/have to do a full reinstall if it goes wrong and to just be patient until they solve the problem themselves.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-08 06:45:03
Link | Citer | R

Thought it is partially fault I hope the topic wasn't derailed to a point of no return, I believe with the next video it should adjust itself.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-11-08 07:07:25
Link | Citer | R

I'm looking forward to the videos
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2011-11-08 07:14:40
Link | Citer | R

You should throw another tournament together this weekend Urteil, after this first one being such a big success i'm sure there would be no problem getting people to participate again. I've been working with smn for when you decide to do another one. :)
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-11-08 07:17:59
Link | Citer | R

Are Diabolos/Fenrir resistant to sleep?
 Phoenix.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Phoenix.Brixy 2011-11-08 07:20:39
Link | Citer | R

dark based sleep yes. also drain and aspirs.
 Fenrir.Curty
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-11-08 08:25:04
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
I like team matches a lot, I wish there were more of them. I'd like to see how Corsair can be used.

No you don't, corsair was what finally dismantled official matches on Fenrir. Even if the cor doesn't participate in attacking, one team with regain roll gains a massive advantage. The thing that tops it off is the presence of a cor makes you want to wear more magic def, so usually you need to sacrifice gear in other areas (phys def or offensive strength) in order to not be easily taken out by one. Fire shotX2> Wildfire takes out any job if cor is geared properly and the other job is not geared to negate it.

The only reasonable counter I found to cors on my blu, was actually an HP build. (even with full mdt, saline coat, and magic shield, they often could take me down with FireshotX2>Wildfire).
 Odin.Upbeat
Serveur: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-11-08 10:56:21
Link | Citer | R

My class got canceled so I decided to play around with resist rates while I wait for my next class.

I only did 50 casts just as a start, and I only used 2 different set ups so this isn't proof of anything really, more so just a starter to get an idea.

After the first test I killed both characters to try to reset the resist rate.

I'll need to do more casts later when I get home after all my classes today, or tomorrow. This was just to get an idea, and I was really bored.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-08 14:43:22
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Curty said: »
Phoenix.Urteil said: »
I like team matches a lot, I wish there were more of them. I'd like to see how Corsair can be used.

No you don't, corsair was what finally dismantled official matches on Fenrir. Even if the cor doesn't participate in attacking, one team with regain roll gains a massive advantage. The thing that tops it off is the presence of a cor makes you want to wear more magic def, so usually you need to sacrifice gear in other areas (phys def or offensive strength) in order to not be easily taken out by one. Fire shotX2> Wildfire takes out any job if cor is geared properly and the other job is not geared to negate it.

The only reasonable counter I found to cors on my blu, was actually an HP build. (even with full mdt, saline coat, and magic shield, they often could take me down with FireshotX2>Wildfire).

With a WHM, two dark rings, twilight torque isn't that like 40+% MDT easily? On three slots.

Either way that's scary/impressive, in a way I'm glad to see Corsair has a shot at killing things, it would be a neat job to see in 1v1 matchups.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 19 20 21