That's it for tonight
[+]
 Ramuh.Scizor
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2011-11-07 18:42:25
Link | Citer | R

I'm no expert on Ninja but that performance was terrible...
[+]
 Phoenix.Sphinxx
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Sphinxx
By Phoenix.Sphinxx 2011-11-07 18:54:05
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Scizor said: »
I'm no expert on Ninja but that performance was terrible...
I think a lot of people are forgetting that many of the participants haven't done, or have very little experience, with Ballista overall. It's easy to sit back and say "this, this, and this should have been done, and why the hell would he use that gear?". I know I found that not only do you have to play in a way that's completely different to what you're used to with PvE, but it can also be a very nervewracking and exciting experience, enough to make you freeze up and not think things through very well at all. This is especially true with an audience of around 70 the entire time!
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-11-07 18:58:51
Link | Citer | R

PvP gear takes up a lot of space too. I can imagine forgetting the simple things you take for granted.
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-11-07 19:12:02
Link | Citer | R

Those were painful to watch.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-11-07 19:13:43
Link | Citer | R

I bet DRG is a lot better in PvP now with their adjustments to wyvern PDT.

1. Wyvern to help take away enemy shadows and deal extra damage.
2. Wyvern can cure you for crazy amounts of health. Even when silenced, you can trigger a healing breeze once a minute as long as you kite.
3. Jump and High Jump can quickly deal some damage and get you some TP when enemy shadows are down.
4. Super Jump if you really need to escape a nasty spell or force a DD to unlock with you long enough to get away.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-11-07 19:19:02
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
I bet DRG is a lot better in PvP now with their adjustments to wyvern PDT.

1. Wyvern to help take away enemy shadows and deal extra damage.
2. Wyvern can cure you for crazy amounts of health. Even when silenced, you can trigger a healing breeze once a minute as long as you kite.
3. Jump and High Jump can quickly deal some damage and get you some TP when enemy shadows are down.
4. Super Jump if you really need to escape a nasty spell or force a DD to unlock with you long enough to get away.
Wyvern's can be easily dealt with by anyone with a sleep. They can also be killed just as easy by sleeping the owner first and just destroy it, even if it takes a little longer with the pdt.
 Odin.Upbeat
Serveur: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-11-07 19:32:12
Link | Citer | R

Mage sub on DRG is something a lot of people think would be good in PvP, but in all actuality it really isn't great. I haven't really seen DRG used much in 1v1s since I was in a group of people that did 1v1s on a daily basis back at lvl 75.

From what I've seen DRG is kinda like DRK(excluding a few that excel) in PvP; they can zerg like crazy at the begging and hope to break the other person down before they can do anything, but as far as outlasting it really can't go that far.
[+]
 Phoenix.Chainsawdomy
By Phoenix.Chainsawdomy 2011-11-07 19:35:57
Link | Citer | R

Awwwww yeah, I never PvP'd on NIN, ever in my life! HAHA
Too bad you guys weren't there to help me embarrass myself^^
It's no joke, PvE is super simple on NIN. Shadows, evasion, throw in some subtle blow, try like hell to keep hate from Urt.
PvP on a job you've never PvP'd is hard as hell. I was unprepared & didn't know what to expect. Just had a great time with my nerves and mind going one way or the other.
I know I did bad & I knew I was I was going to get torn a new one on the commentary. I was actually looking forward to that part. Entertainment at my expense. Hope you enjoyed.
Oh, don't be pussies & go to the next tournament. Until then, shhhhh.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2011-11-07 19:36:35
Link | Citer | R

I really like watching the videos with the added commentary because it brings to my attention a lot of things I wouldn't have thought of, like gear choices, strengths and weaknesses etc. Having talked to Urteil in game even I have learned about a lot of gear that I never even thought to use for a PvP event. This is all pretty interesting stuff and maybe someday if I am more confident I will try it again (plus also not when someone in doing commentary cuz I don't want my horrible performance broadcasted on the internets ; ;)
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-07 20:00:14
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Just to note Urteil, I disagree on one point. Though Ballista is in fact a fun system, just because one can't ballista doesn't mean they aren't good players. I've ballista'd enough in my time to know I know very little. Perhaps it was my job choices from the start, or the climate of ballista when I started doing it, what have you, but that doesn't mean I'm a bad player. I certainly won't claim to be anywhere near the best, especially in ballista, but I know that if my server had the right amount of people and I had the interest, I could get back into the swing of things easily. Ballista is a whole new system that people have to learn. Going into it and thinking PvE is equivocal to PvP is silly, and people do it thinking they're awesome, but Ballista really isn't a standard for anything but Ballista. It's a system within a system, and it needs to be learned.

1)People who only do PvP suck, they won't have the tools to do anything of importance, even in the thing they enjoy. Chances are if you aren't TP'ing in haste, and stacking the right mods, you're going to do everything else in the game wrong.

These people are worthless, unable to realize the nature of the game the play and that without mastering their role and ability in the community they will forever be fated to lose, and lose often to people with inferior skill.

These people are truly the most pathetic of all, a paradox of determination and laziness, and blind to the only the method that will give them the tools they need to succeed.

2)People who only do PvE suck, (edit)

People who only do PvE never PvP and flaunt their ego, or lord over others in any way while hiding from opposition: they are little more than walking coward trophy cases with an over-exalted sense of mastery and ability, locked in an never ending quest to stand still.

Having mastered the simplicity of .xml files, spellcast, and auto attack -> WS -> auto attack WS, often these people feel that they have truly reached the pinnacle of existence.

Shying away from the ultimate enemy, they often '***-talk' and live vicariously through imagined events, just as pathetic as their counterpart they doom themselves as well to the fated slot of loser. You miss 100% of the shots you never take.

However if we remove this fallacy and this habit of vicarious substantiation of their ego is not present . . .

Then I at heart have no problem with a person who abstains from PvP, and simply endeavors in PvP who honestly cares?

However when this vicarious-living enters the equation, we then have the classic problem of what I like to call, vanilla-ice-wannabe-phantom-pvpers.

With great items comes a sense of eminence an expectation to be powerful, we certainly wouldn't expect them to lose to an even match monster.

=================
So to this effect they are reliant on the other, if you can't master PvE, you're never going to get PvP, and never be able to take that final step to fight the ultimate enemy.

It is a battle of job mastery, not simply items and time spent and this mastery includes:

Execution,
Gear procurement,
Gear selection,
Knowledge of the total capacities and gear selection of every job in the game, on the fly, in relation to your chosen profession.

I am simply asking people to not resign to being inferior, especially to not resign themselves to it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2011-11-07 20:21:18
Link | Citer | R

One question I have (noobin it up) is that I heard the commentator mention something along the lines of a well geared ninja with eva setup can push another player down to 20% accuracy which if I remember correctly he mentioned as being a cap. I was under the impression that evasion had a 95% cap, but if acc has a minimum of 20% wouldn't that make the eva cap not accurate? Or is this only in PvP?
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-07 20:24:39
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Acorn said: »

*** RIGHT, ONLY LEVEL 91, STILL GOIN' FOR IT.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-07 20:25:17
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
One question I have (noobin it up) is that I heard the commentator mention something along the lines of a well geared ninja with eva setup can push another player down to 20% accuracy which if I remember correctly he mentioned as being a cap. I was under the impression that evasion had a 95% cap, but if acc has a minimum of 20% wouldn't that make the eva cap not accurate? Or is this only in PvP?

I always heard evasion was capped at 80%.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-07 20:31:44
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darkwizardzin said: »
..........................he had no shihei.

Wow that guy really did suck... that's like a mage not bringing echo drops but worse.

Its not that he didn't have Shihei I think he just ran out, since it was set to disallow item use in combat he couldn't use the bag in the match.

Which I suppose that just means as a ninja which relies on tools, just be super duper prepared, a tenant of the job.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-07 20:32:11
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
95% cap is familiar for weaponskills and the acc boost single hits get lillica

I might be remembering this wrong but in that case, it's near impossible to floor any persons weaponskill acc at 20%, they just get too high a boost

This has some truth, because in a match where person is missing like crazy, often WS will land.
 Bismarck.Zirk
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Zirk 2011-11-07 20:36:41
Link | Citer | R

Yeah as far as my knowledge of general FFXI goes the accuracy floor is 20% hit rate (no matter how evasive the target you will always hit 1/5th of your attacks), this is equivalent to saying evasion caps at 80%.

Accuracy caps at 95%, which implies that the lowest your evasion can go, the evasion floor, is 5%.

As far as my personal ballista experience goes, even if you are eating sushi, you still have no hope in hitting a full evasion ninja who has you blinded, slow and paralyze just make your life even more miserable.

In my opinion gearing defensively tends to be better than gearing offensively, unless of course you are trying to run some super zerg strategy. All out magic damage geared nin might defeat the monk in a faster time, but gearing evasively is a far safer play, you have way more room for error and can just take your time with nukes that do less damage.
 Phoenix.Chainsawdomy
By Phoenix.Chainsawdomy 2011-11-07 20:43:22
Link | Citer | R

Items were not allowed, I did run out if that stack of Shihei. Couldn't use a toolbag. In turn Zin, I actually dealt damage to Fencer. Let's see how your match with Jack goes.
 Phoenix.Darkwizardzin
user: batboy267
By Phoenix.Darkwizardzin 2011-11-07 20:46:36
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
Phoenix.Darkwizardzin said: »
..........................he had no shihei.

Wow that guy really did suck... that's like a mage not bringing echo drops but worse.

Its not that he didn't have Shihei I think he just ran out, since it was set to disallow item use in combat he couldn't use the bag in the match.

Which I suppose that just means as a ninja which relies on tools, just be super duper prepared, a tenant of the job.
Ah... that makes much more sense.
 Phoenix.Darkwizardzin
By Phoenix.Darkwizardzin 2011-11-07 20:50:49
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Chainsawdomy said: »
Items were not allowed, I did run out if that stack of Shihei. Couldn't use a toolbag. In turn Zin, I actually dealt damage to Fencer. Let's see how your match with Jack goes.
Point of order I did do damage in one of the rounds... and for the record I'll take back my comment about you sucking because of lack of shihei (it was an honest mistake anyone could have made) because I didn't realize you forgot/couldn't use your tool bag.
 Phoenix.Chainsawdomy
By Phoenix.Chainsawdomy 2011-11-07 20:52:45
Link | Citer | R

Kk Zin, I retract my statement as well^^
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-07 21:03:54
Link | Citer | R

AWWWWW MAAAAAN.
 Phoenix.Darkwizardzin
By Phoenix.Darkwizardzin 2011-11-07 21:08:10
Link | Citer | R

AWWWWW MAAAAAN.
lol what did you expect? a big trolling war?
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-07 21:14:11
Link | Citer | R

Epic showdown.
[+]
 Phoenix.Chainsawdomy
By Phoenix.Chainsawdomy 2011-11-07 21:15:08
Link | Citer | R

I'm down. Going SAM/RNG this time. Mainly for the lawlz XD

I don't even know if it's as epic as it was at 75 cap ;;
 Phoenix.Darkwizardzin
By Phoenix.Darkwizardzin 2011-11-07 21:18:15
Link | Citer | R

Epic showdown.
Phoenix.Chainsawdomy said: »
I'm down. Going SAM/RNG this time. Mainly for the lawlz XD

I don't even know if it's as epic as it was at 75 cap ;;
VERY WELL LET US DUEL IN 3 DAYS AT SUNDOWN!!!!

lol jk
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-11-07 21:18:49
Link | Citer | R

Good sportsmanship is good sportsmanship.

Cheers to the response Urteil. I'm curious what you think of non-xml players though.
[+]
By Jackaverted 2011-11-07 21:24:20
Link | Citer | R

pew pew

Edit: Zin, you can fight me again with /SCH if you want, see if it helps?
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 19 20 21