Forum » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » Ballista Tournament
Ballista Tournament
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 19 20 21
 Bismarck.Zirk
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Zirk 2011-11-06 23:40:14
Link | Citer | R

I'm not even sure if I saw the monk counterstance either, they weren't countering all that much.
 Bismarck.Acorn
user: Acorn
By Bismarck.Acorn 2011-11-06 23:42:19
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-11-06 23:45:34
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zirk said: »
I'm not even sure if I saw the monk counterstance either, they weren't countering all that much.
If you block a counter, it cancels it so if the pld had a decent block rate, you wouldn't see very many since counters can only proc when the opponent swings thus can always be blocked.

Edit: Ah, this was mentioned way back in the thread already.
 Bismarck.Zirk
By Bismarck.Zirk 2011-11-07 00:00:08
Link | Citer | R

Don't you still see a message that the counter failed though? I think I saw one of those in there so you'd still be able to see how much the counter rate was proccing which was still low.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-07 00:01:18
Link | Citer | R

Don't you still see a message that the counter failed though? I think I saw one of those in there so you'd still be able to see how much the counter rate was proccing which was still low.
You only get that message with perfect counter.
 Asura.Hit
Serveur: Asura
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2011-11-07 00:02:26
Link | Citer | R

I like angry zirk lol
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-11-07 00:02:39
Link | Citer | R

No. You don't. Get a pld with a k club and an ochain and fight a counterstanced mnk nm. You'll never be countered and normal counters will not proc a message and the pld will keep swinging as normal.
 Bismarck.Acorn
user: Acorn
By Bismarck.Acorn 2011-11-07 00:05:56
Link | Citer | R

last upload for tonight, subscribe!

[+]
By Cliamain 2011-11-07 00:09:10
Link | Citer | R

Didnt really see too much of what was going on with the mnk. Was too busy trying to not get hit behind my shield.
 Bismarck.Zirk
By Bismarck.Zirk 2011-11-07 00:17:18
Link | Citer | R

Yeah the more I think about it I always had trouble countering pld's, I was never fully aware that shield block completely mitigates the counter, I always thought the counter would still go through but for reduced damage due to shield block.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-11-07 00:20:38
Link | Citer | R

Yeah the more I think about it I always had trouble countering pld's, I was never fully aware that shield block completely mitigates the counter, I always thought the counter would still go through but for reduced damage due to shield block.
One would assume that since it would make sense, I can only guess that they were trying to reduce processing time on the counters or something. Who knows.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-11-07 00:33:09
Link | Citer | R

The Counter vs. Shield block interaction was one of my more interesting discoveries.

For that I've played PLD for years, I never noticed that I was getting reduced counter rate till I got Ochain. And then I got No counters. And that VS a MNK NM with Orcish Counterstance up is pretty noticable.

My Counter vs Shield testing, for the few who are interested.

Anyway, enough of my Shield mechanics obsession, on with the fights.
 Bismarck.Zirk
By Bismarck.Zirk 2011-11-07 00:47:06
Link | Citer | R

I've recorded my commentary for four rounds of nin vs mnk (Fencer), I'm not sure if there is a 5th round but Acorn will be uploading those tomorrow.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zirk
By Bismarck.Zirk 2011-11-07 00:48:16
Link | Citer | R

Actually I partially lied I haven't done the 4th round yet I'm still waiting for it to upload so I can see it, I'll know if there's a 5th round or not once I see it (no spoilers plz).
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-07 00:48:32
Link | Citer | R

I've recorded my commentary for four rounds of nin vs mnk (Fencer), I'm not sure if there is a 5th round but Acorn will be uploading those tomorrow.
Aw yeah, my man Fencer. Can't wait to see what you say about that ninja lol.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zirk
By Bismarck.Zirk 2011-11-07 01:05:24
Link | Citer | R

I tore into the nin pretty good lol, as you'll hear in the video mnk vs nin should be an impossible win for the mnk, nin should win hands down every time.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zirk
By Bismarck.Zirk 2011-11-07 01:19:45
Link | Citer | R

One tip I can give to Fencer that didn't make it into the commentary, Monk should be using Howling Fist almost every time for a weapon skill in ballista, especially against a target that is semi evasive like the nin since multi hit weapon skills just suffer so much from poor accuracy. Only time to use Asuran Fists would be if the target has partial shadows up or you want to close a skillchain.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-07 01:38:00
Link | Citer | R

I agree with this. It also ignores some defense, which is about as good as you'll get on PLD or other high defense targets.
 Phoenix.Darkwizardzin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: batboy267
By Phoenix.Darkwizardzin 2011-11-07 01:55:09
Link | Citer | R

Wow... each fight is going to have commentary. This will be interesting.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-07 01:57:34
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Acorn said: »
last upload for tonight, subscribe!

Perfect counter can often do upward of 3 attacks.

Dispelling it is a very good investment. (At least for DRK.)
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-07 02:00:35
Link | Citer | R

Also.

MNK/SCH can defeat a lot of jobs, especially with magian 2-4 fists, dispel etc.

Also the Flash fists from the fairy fights are amazing.
 Bismarck.Zirk
By Bismarck.Zirk 2011-11-07 02:01:14
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I'm just talking for the PLD like, the PLD is virtually invincible anyways just keep meleeing the fight will end faster.
 Bismarck.Zirk
By Bismarck.Zirk 2011-11-07 02:04:01
Link | Citer | R

If you're gonna give the monk fantasy gear then you can give the pld Ochain and the pld will still win. Pld just completely outclasses mnk as stated based on their native skill set and assuming proper play the pld is going to beat the mnk every time.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-11-07 02:06:49
Link | Citer | R

1v1 is very balanced if all players are good and truly put effort into knowing how to augment their jobs. If people don't, easier jobs dominate, well easily.

The jobs:

RDM
BLU
SCH
BLM

Are out of the box good and require little augmentation to defeat most people, however this doesn't discredit good ones etc.

Ochain makes things rough, so without magical damage,you are correct in saying a monk is doomed to die.

***Though with fantasy gear I'd give monk 95 Spharai with insane counter rates and evasion sets and they'd practically never get hit.

So even then with the 3x damage activation at a 20% rate. Monk would be able to hurt the Paladin, dispel them while countering and their DPS would be insane.
 Bismarck.Zirk
By Bismarck.Zirk 2011-11-07 02:16:27
Link | Citer | R

If you read above you'd see that shield blocking 100% negates counters, like all the damage and the mnk won't benefit from their spell not being interupted. PLD/RDM with ice spikes is just too much for any job based on pure melee to handle. PLD with phalanx alone is tough enough to damage, dispel and phalanx share the same recast timer so as soon as a melee/sch tries to dispel the phalanx, it will just be recast immediately and the melee/sch will run out of MP before the PLD does.
 Bismarck.Zirk
By Bismarck.Zirk 2011-11-07 02:19:31
Link | Citer | R

PLD/RDM also just gets guarenteed damage over time from Bio II. The longer the fight goes on its just going to keep favoring the PLD more and more as they have way more sustain, any melee/sch will run out of mana soon enough and the PLD will outlast.

The PLD will get TP eventually, even if they don't land a single swing, just from taking melee damage, or from a Moonshade Earring as I mentioned in the commentary. Atonement won't miss and will deal considerable damage which the melee will have a tough time recovering compared to any damage the PLD takes.
 Carbuncle.Aeonknight
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Aeonknight 2011-11-07 02:25:25
Link | Citer | R

Was definately a fun stream to watch. Seeing heavy use of /SCH makes me think it might be time to retire /RDM and try /SCH for PLD.
 Bismarck.Zirk
By Bismarck.Zirk 2011-11-07 02:28:58
Link | Citer | R

The best most melee based jobs could hope for vs a PLD would be a draw. Extremely evasive DNC/NIN vs PLD/RDM will either result in a draw or the PLD eventually winning from Bio II and Atonement damage, it will depend if the DNC can hit for non-zero's enough to keep enough TP to keep healing themself.

Most melee jobs can't get enough sustain to outlast the PLD though and will eventually lose.

SAM and DRK may be able to complicate things since they have WS that can silence, those type of fights could go either way just depending on fluke things like interrupts etc. DRK falls outside what I said above as a "pure melee" since they do have magic, coupled with enormous zerg potential, which is why I listed them as one of my more powerful jobs in my intro.
By Cliamain 2011-11-07 02:32:29
Link | Citer | R

Dont burn /RDM so fast. Though from sub /SCH you get more things like in light arts you can erase you're stat down effects. But /RDM still offers somethings that /SCH does not, it just depends on your play style and what you do with them.
 Bismarck.Zirk
By Bismarck.Zirk 2011-11-07 02:37:02
Link | Citer | R

I'm going to construct a tier list for 1v1 FFXI PVP with all the jobs in it, with my reasoning, we can discuss afterwards.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 19 20 21