Fondest Memories Of FFXI!

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » Fondest Memories of FFXI!
Fondest Memories of FFXI!
First Page 2 3 4
 Phoenix.Atlas
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Atlas
By Phoenix.Atlas 2011-09-19 00:49:56
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys, let's take a stroll down memory lane. Name one of your best memories of FFXI Online.

Mine is nuking the ***out of mobs whilst BLM with a NIN/WAR as a tank. I was the tank. It was amazing. Another moment was mocking the loldrg, lolnin, lolpup, and all the other horrible notions that ended up working well in the end. Here's to sitting in Jeuno and waiting for a party in Bibiki Bay or King Ranperre's Tomb, or any of the other zones we used to party in prior to ToAU.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-19 00:53:30
Link | Citer | R

Anything at 75 that had DNC. Meripos, Dyna, Ein. Loved it all. :(
[+]
 Asura.Xenophire
Serveur: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-09-19 00:56:18
Link | Citer | R

I'm gonna be cliché and say meeting all of my wonderful friends!
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Serveur: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-09-19 00:59:38
Link | Citer | R

I'd say going into best buy to purchase chains of promathia and booting it up with some friends for the first time.

CoP was epic hard back then... and the payoff was amazing when you won along the way.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-19 00:59:55
Link | Citer | R

Dynamis in the old days, waking up at 10 am for good old Dyna on SAT lol.

Learning BLU spells/leveling it with someone a longgg time ago.

Doing end-game with my very first sky LS! Ortas!lol
By Artemicion 2011-09-19 01:00:03
Link | Citer | R

Getting CoP done with friends and doing sky with the most funny and chill LS ever.

Good times. Wouldn't trade it for the world.
 Phoenix.Atlas
user: Atlas
By Phoenix.Atlas 2011-09-19 01:00:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Xenophire said: »
I'm gonna be cliché and say meeting all of my wonderful friends!

Not cliche at all, Xenophire. Truth be told? I miss even the players I've come to dislike over the years, and the friends I've had bitter arguments with. Everything wasn't perfect back in the day, and still isn't, but it's what we have and have had, so why not celebrate the good and bad times? We're still here to enjoy them!
 Odin.Minefield
Serveur: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2011-09-19 01:00:56
Link | Citer | R

Probably when I first started. Was pretty fun back then when I was a newb and grinding up in those Dunes/Qufim/Yuh. Jungle/Garl. Cit. parties. Fun times, fun times :3

Oh, and I can't forget the trains of death inside GC and CN, oh man the excitement, I miss that;;!
 Alexander.Delerium
Serveur: Alexander
user: Dzone
By Alexander.Delerium 2011-09-19 01:09:22
Link | Citer | R

I miss the all nighter xp parties, and those 2 months camping Simerge with my LS buddies.

And that time going around in circles trying to climb to the top of some mountain that was involved in the CoP mission's i think it was. A very narrow trail around that thing.
 Bismarck.Eburo
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-09-19 01:18:42
Link | Citer | R

I kinda joined the game after all the really good things had become "Old sh**", but my fondest memory of FFXI was completing CoP also. Then waking up the next morning with only 30 minutes 'til I had to leave for work, and taking 25 minutes to get CS's and watch the ending through teary eyes, lol.

I guess completing my Masamune mostly by myself was kinda exciting/memorable too, mostly just a relief though. Took months without asking a Linkshell to hand it to me.
 Leviathan.Assane
user: Assane
By Leviathan.Assane 2011-09-19 01:27:28
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Dynamis in the old days, waking up at 10 am for good old Dyna on SAT lol.
And wait 30min~1hr for everyone to gather :/, have like 5+ ppl always show up 1hr+ late.

The fun times when someone would afk with /follow on and the person they were following would gear swap, cancelling the /follow command and the afk person running into a swarm of Statues in Dyna. lol
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-09-19 01:27:32
Link | Citer | R

CoP was one of the most traumatizing things that's ever happened to me.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-09-19 01:29:51
Link | Citer | R

I'll always remember XPing with my static exp group, Millioncorn. But the inspiration still lives on- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmMT0ZbNOHY

I'll always remember doing Sky in a Sky LS called BrokenTH, with friends in my social shells back then, and when kiting Kirin on RDM/NIN always felt like a good rush of adrenaline.

I'll always remember doing CoP with peeps from my then-to-be Dynamis LS Moirai. Then, managing drops for said LS in place of one of my LS mentors. Even if I was loud as hell on the TeamSpeak server. XD

I'll always remember low-manning ZNMs and Limbus in my first "perma-shell" Shinsengumi. Soujiokita/Kuroneko, Aroin, Keylos, Lingus, Magdelena, Aabraham, Nalcarya, Lingus, Trinder, etc...you all were great.

I'll always remember the hilarious convos doing Limbus with TheJusticeLeague, long before I joined my current LS.

For the most part, I'll always remember the friends I've made in my 6-7 years in the game, and the linkshells I haven't thrown out (or were broken beyond my power) that are currently stocked in my storage. Long live Leviathan.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-19 01:33:32
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said: »
I'll always remember XPing with my static exp group, Millioncorn. But the inspiration still lives on- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmMT0ZbNOHY

I'll always remember doing Sky in a Sky LS called BrokenTH, with friends in my social shells back then, and when kiting Kirin on RDM/NIN always felt like a good rush of adrenaline.

I'll always remember doing CoP with peeps from my then-to-be Dynamis LS Moirai. Then, managing drops for said LS in place of one of my LS mentors. Even if I was loud as hell on the TeamSpeak server. XD

I'll always remember low-manning ZNMs and Limbus in my first "perma-shell" Shinsengumi. Soujiokita/Kuroneko, Aroin, Keylos, Lingus, Magdelena, Aabraham, Nalcarya, Lingus, Trinder, etc...you all were great.

I'll always remember the hilarious convos doing Limbus with TheJusticeLeague, long before I joined my current LS.

For the most part, I'll always remember the friends I've made in my 6-7 years in the game, and the linkshells I haven't thrown out (or were broken beyond my power) that are currently stocked in my storage. Long live Leviathan.

I'll always remember you Quetz!
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-09-19 01:34:32
Link | Citer | R

Haha, I don't know why, but that just made me laugh out loud.

You too, Dray.
By Starkzz 2011-09-19 01:52:42
Link | Citer | R

DA drama, or any HNM scene drama for the most part. I miss fighting a notible mob w/o the need for any sort of procs.
[+]
 Phoenix.Ragmar
user: Ragmar
By Phoenix.Ragmar 2011-09-19 01:58:30
Link | Citer | R

CoP static (even the leveling jobs to 60 to make our group work part), dinging 75 for the first time, first of each HNM kill, Nyzul static hitting floor 100. And my first time in the dunes ... was on my buddies account before I even had the game. I remember being in awe of how big the game was.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-09-19 02:14:38
Link | Citer | R

I also remember the day aht urghan came out.

That NPC and boat was hella-busy lol. I love expansion releases... the rush of new sights and sounds :3 Shame we may never get a full boxed expansion again :( That feeling may be lost forever.
By Starkzz 2011-09-19 02:18:12
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Clinpachi said: »
I also remember the day aht urghan came out. That NPC and boat was hella-busy lol. I love expansion releases... the rush of new sights and sounds :3 Shame we may never get a full boxed expansion again :( That feeling may be lost forever.

surprised the body your rdm is wearing isn't errant, tho that's not much better ;x but seriously, AF1Hat+Errant body RDM full time were eveywhere, good ol' classic that
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2011-09-19 02:18:49
Link | Citer | R

That's.... not my screenshot lol...... wtf errant? lol!
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-09-19 02:25:33
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Atlas said: »
Hey guys, let's take a stroll down memory lane. Name one of your best memories of FFXI Online.

Mine is nuking the ***out of mobs whilst BLM with a NIN/WAR as a tank. I was the tank. It was amazing. Another moment was mocking the loldrg, lolnin, lolpup, and all the other horrible notions that ended up working well in the end. Here's to sitting in Jeuno and waiting for a party in Bibiki Bay or King Ranperre's Tomb, or any of the other zones we used to party in prior to ToAU.

First time in Dunes:

First time to experience a party setup in a MMORPG with tank/DD/healer/death etc, it was a very memorable experience.
Also I remember when I got there I had only 200 gil(I didn't even know how to use AH back then, all the $$ came from NPC stuff from lv 1~10 mobs), I can't even afford a map of dunes. Someone in the pt gave me 1k for me to buy it, and I can't forgot how I feel on that time when I got help from a complete stranger.

CoP:

Was such a headache to gather ppl, and missions were *** long. But when I finally beat it with my static, I feel like I've overcome the hardest obstacle in this game. And it was amazing.

Also, I still remembered who I beat CoP with, some ppl already quit but I still miss them.

Nyzul static was pretty memorable too, but my F80~100 was climbed after lv cap increase to 80, so it doesn't feel the same as CoP. It got a lot easier after lv cap increase to 80.

Beating ToAU and 3 mini expansion was pretty memorable too, but not WoTG since it's much easier than previous ones due to lv cap increase.

Pretty funny that none of the memorable moment are gear grind moment, most of them are beating missions(before lv cap increase).

EDIT:
Forgot to add my first ding 75, and my first merit pt.....I made my first merit pt without knowing how merit pt works(since I'm a BLU and never got any pt invite, so always make my own), after I bring my pt to camp I was like wtf merit pt is so different than old EXP pts. Now that I think about it it was a bit reckless >.>
 Bismarck.Eburo
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-09-19 02:42:19
Link | Citer | R

Lol, I remember my first time in Valkurm Dunes I made some enemies because I was casting lots on the crystals, I didn't understand how the lotting system worked, and they told me I was being greedy and threatened to kick me from the party.

Also the first time I saw a Bogy... I started playing the game because my mother was a 6-year veteran, so I believed anything she said. She basically made Bogys out to be like a terrifying sight to anyone, so I completely ditched my party when one popped nearby. The party broke up after that.

Couple months later I had PLD leveled and thought I was really good, because a friend taught me to play it. The first time someone told me I was really good at it was Valkurm, and I pretty much swore from then on I'd try to keep it that way. From then I became a try-hard Paladin. Yet today, I won't even touch the job again.

Valkurm holds quite a significant place in my heart!
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-09-19 03:41:23
Link | Citer | R

buying the 2007 collector's package, installing everything, signing up and being smacked with a 5 hour patch.
 Sylph.Feary
Serveur: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2011-09-19 04:19:37
Link | Citer | R

late 2003 early 2004~ when the average NA player was below 30.

that is when the game was really awesome because no one was a ***.

and we used <call> in macros. lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Necrids
user: Necrids
By Fenrir.Necrids 2011-09-19 04:30:59
Link | Citer | R

i remember leveling my first job, whm, in garl. citadel for the first time and seeing huge trains of bats pass my party by as they were zoned back before they made them despawn. good times.
 Bismarck.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Bismarck.Anjisnu 2011-09-19 04:34:45
Link | Citer | R

the first time i used drakesbane
 Asura.Ohomin
Serveur: Asura
user: Ohomin
By Asura.Ohomin 2011-09-19 06:15:19
Link | Citer | R

PUP fight to increase level limit to 75 was so happy to pass that and on a job i liked too
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-09-19 06:23:43
Link | Citer | R

Exploring the world as a lv 14 blm with no maps and no forms of sneak/inv.
Soloing whm till lv 40ish.
Every mission done with friends. Those have always been the best time we've had.
 Sylph.Lylin
user: Khohana
By Sylph.Lylin 2011-09-19 06:24:57
Link | Citer | R

Buying my first "expensive" item as a newb. I had no idea how to work the ah or what was good to farm and spent weeks npcing everything to make the 35k to buy a Republic Subligar.
It's been almost 3 years and a couple servers but I've never sold it back :3
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-09-19 06:26:25
Link | Citer | R

Sky and Sea was cool but learning the ins and outs of Salvage I'd put at the top of my list.
First Page 2 3 4