First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-09-15 10:29:05
Link | Citer | R

Zeyphr said: »
Oops mis read haidate lol, im not one to use ace's feet tho, i just dont like them but thats me.

The Byakko's + Usukane combo isn't a valid option until/unless they get some bitchin' augments on salvage gear.

Edit: Also, Bustle Dirs really aren't worth the stat loss either. Both adjustments also lose out on the Hasso boost to the Unkai pants.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-09-15 10:43:51
Link | Citer | R

I thought the hasso boost on af3+2 legs counted towards gear haste?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-09-15 10:46:45
Link | Citer | R

Magic haste
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-09-15 11:55:10
Link | Citer | R

I thought I read they changed it, not sure what to though.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-09-15 11:59:12
Link | Citer | R

It appears that it was, in fact, changed. But to what is unclear, whether it's gear haste or ability haste. Ability would be appropriate. But Altana knows SE doesn't always think in a coherent fashion.
By oncura 2011-09-15 11:59:55
Link | Citer | R

i just wonder when people are gonna remember that SAM's main dmg was by fast tp and sc'ing with a MB back up. Then again, when will SE realize they made content that doesnt require that anymore. Hmm.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-09-15 12:05:52
Link | Citer | R

oncura said: »
i just wonder when people are gonna remember that SAM's main dmg was by fast tp and sc'ing with a MB back up. Then again, when will SE realize they made content that doesnt require that anymore. Hmm.

That's why I played the job in the first place. But the job and game have evolved and I can't see them actually figuring out a way to make this relevant again. Voidwatch is about the closest we'll get to it. (My ls does do SC+MB on Hahava. It may not be necessary, but it is fun.)
 Fenrir.Uzugami
Serveur: Fenrir
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-09-15 12:11:10
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Ithorien said: »
Leviathan.Dodu said: »
6-hit and 5-hit are virtually indiscernible, which 6-hit leaving a significant amount of breathing room for additional accuracy.

Edit: Derp, you have an Amano. That's different.

If you use the same WS damage and the same hit average in both builds, a 5hit 22% haste will return higher DoT than 6hit 25/6% haste. You just have to make sure you dump TP asap, and that doesn't work everywhere.

Using spreadsheet (Atleast as far as Masamune goes) My 6hit set > 5hit set in terms of DPS.
By oncura 2011-09-15 12:11:24
Link | Citer | R

I've been praying for new outside abyssea content myself other then voidwatch, some new kings or something. seems unlikely to me but it would give alot jobs back their former glory, including sam.
 Bismarck.Recaldy
user: Recaldy
By Bismarck.Recaldy 2011-09-15 12:15:11
Link | Citer | R

It'd be nice.

...minus the Kings. Avoided those like the plague. Einherjar was fun though...still is.
 Shiva.Ithorien
Serveur: Shiva
user: ithorien
By Shiva.Ithorien 2011-09-15 12:24:37
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Uzugami said: »
Shiva.Ithorien said: »
Leviathan.Dodu said: »
6-hit and 5-hit are virtually indiscernible, which 6-hit leaving a significant amount of breathing room for additional accuracy.

Edit: Derp, you have an Amano. That's different.

If you use the same WS damage and the same hit average in both builds, a 5hit 22% haste will return higher DoT than 6hit 25/6% haste. You just have to make sure you dump TP asap, and that doesn't work everywhere.

Using spreadsheet (Atleast as far as Masamune goes) My 6hit set > 5hit set in terms of DPS.

Just checked spreadsheet, and my sets are still according to my original statement. Are you accounting for the extra required STP on a Masa build for a 5 hit? Either way the difference is quite small, but it edges out full haste.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-09-15 12:28:13
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
some new kings

Penance for this statement includes stabbing yourself in the eye with a used Heroin needle.

But seriously. Never say this again.
By BorealisV2 2011-09-15 12:33:19
Link | Citer | R

Ithorien.

Sucks ***.

That is all.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-09-15 12:36:58
Link | Citer | R

I've been praying for new outside abyssea content myself other then voidwatch, some new kings or something. seems unlikely to me but it would give alot jobs back their former glory, including sam.
sam had the glory for a very long time, now it's drg mnk war bst powa all theh wayzzz!
 Shiva.Ithorien
By Shiva.Ithorien 2011-09-15 12:37:06
Link | Citer | R

BorealisV2 said: »
Ithorien.

Sucks ***.

That is all.

8=====D O:

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said: »
sam had the glory for a very long time, now it's drg mnk war bst powa all theh wayzzz!

It's all going around in circles. All during CoP it was NIN/WAR/MNK/BRD parties only.
By BorealisV2 2011-09-15 12:38:11
Link | Citer | R

HA!

lol'd at the DRG and BST in there.

Funny stuff, Emanuelle.
[+]
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-09-15 12:40:06
Link | Citer | R

Can you explain the glory part for me please?
By Deemos 2011-09-15 13:03:27
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Dirtyfinger said: »

Can you explain the glory part for me please?

Tomoe/Hagun sam
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-09-15 13:12:43
Link | Citer | R

Properly geared/buffed WAR would outdo that. To play WAR decently required knowledge of game mechanics.. Gekko is just retard proof so anyone could pick up SAM and do considerable damage.

And Colibri doesn't really contribute imo, they were just merit fodder.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-09-15 13:17:59
Link | Citer | R

HA!

Funny stuff, Emanuelle.
>.> since when drg is lol now? have you ever seen/parse one? drg can out dd sam very easy 2-5k jumps tp gain on top of that, 5-6k drakes plus wyvern with sam sub (sam hardly reaches 4k w/fudo), oh plzzz you still live on the toa era :p
 Fenrir.Camaroz
Serveur: Fenrir
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-09-15 13:21:46
Link | Citer | R

HA!

Funny stuff, Emanuelle.
>.> since when drg is lol now? have you ever seen/parse one? drg can out dd sam very easy 2-5k jumps tp gain on top of that, 5-6k drakes plus wyvern with sam sub (sam hardly reaches 4k w/fudo), oh plzzz you still live on the toa era :p

Hardly ever??? my fudo's do that consistently
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-09-15 13:26:08
Link | Citer | R

idk but i seen so many low fudos, 3-4k and sometimes 5k ... everyone know emp gk is dull compared to other emps, it's like kannagi and almace ws's need hard work to pass 4.5k+
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-09-15 13:28:37
Link | Citer | R

drg is my most recent 90 its poorly geared but hey I have drakesbane and I can outdamage a fudo sam consistently...sad.
 Shiva.Paulu
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2011-09-15 13:28:45
Link | Citer | R

idk but i seen so many low fudos, 3-4k and sometimes 5k ... everyone know emp gk is dull compared to other emps, it's like kannagi and almace ws's need hard work to pass 4.5k+

Weaponskill frequency is very high compared to Almace and Kannagi.
By BorealisV2 2011-09-15 13:39:44
Link | Citer | R

HA!

Funny stuff, Emanuelle.

Just loling at you putting DRG and BST up there with MNK and WAR.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-09-15 13:43:38
Link | Citer | R

Who's this Ithorien jokah?

I don't remember him
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-09-15 13:48:46
Link | Citer | R

@ orealisV2 just generalizing, i did put bst there because it's a bandwagon job now like sam at tog expan
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-09-15 13:50:37
Link | Citer | R

@ orealisV2 just generalizing, i did put bst there because it's a bandwagon job now like sam at tog expan

?
 Shiva.Ithorien
By Shiva.Ithorien 2011-09-15 14:02:27
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Flionheart said: »
Who's this Ithorien jokah?

I don't remember him

Been playing since 2004, active during the glorious Samurai Union era on KI (2005-2006). Quit at the end of '06 and came back/quit a few more times since then.

Oh, and I'm an elitist ***.
 Gilgamesh.Hunewearl
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Yuffy
By Gilgamesh.Hunewearl 2011-09-15 14:28:36
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Dirtyfinger said: »
Properly geared/buffed WAR would outdo that. To play WAR decently required knowledge of game mechanics.. Gekko is just retard proof so anyone could pick up SAM and do considerable damage.

And Colibri doesn't really contribute imo, they were just merit fodder.
Average players are the ones making trends and well, seeing as most of the people here (bar a few "notorious" names who posted) never really did anything with SAM pre-Abyssea (and/or WAR, actually), it doesn't surprise me that they thought that it was SAM era just because of Colibris. It was pretty clear back then for anyone with half a brain that WAR was slightly over SAM or, in the worst case, equal.

Ramyrez's opinion is pretty much the most realistic and acceptable, though. While numbers are useful to grasp the whole job concept and utility, it is wrong to follow them blindly. Thinking that it will apply to actual situation in game, and even more wrong, any of them, is a proof that you haven't done much if anything in this game.