First Page 2 3 4 5
 Garuda.Antipika
Serveur: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-15 21:13:12
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

80 is the max, and will always be the max due to memory limitations of the PS2, more then 80 would be too much for the PS2 to handle...which is why everything tops out at 80, and to get add more storage they just add different "types" (locker, safe, satchel, gobbiebag) rather then increasing the total of one of the others.

That's BS, PS2 can address it, sure it would be a bit slower (like when you zone, it takes usually few seconds for your whole inventory/equip to load up). Now SE just said what you said with inventory @60. Then again @70. Now we're at 80. My guess is that we'll have up to 100 items in the future.

---

Quote:
Something about not being able to address it, just like 32-bit OS can't use more then 3.5ish GB's of RAM.

Also 32 bits OS can address more than 4GB of RAM. Because Microsoft won't let you on "consumer versions" of Windows doesn't mean they're not capable of doing it. Something called PAE exists, and it's working fine with Windows 2003. Enterprise and Datacenter edition could respectively support 32GB and 64GB. While Server Standard only support 4GB :]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283037/en

(Oh yeah also PAE was also working on your old Windows 2000...).

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/platform/server/PAE/PAEdrv.mspx

Well this kinda show how "consumers" myths are completely stupid. 32bits OS blabla. BS. Just like SE BS with inventory and PS2 limitation. Was the same with windowed mode also, at first SE said they couldn't do it, now we have one (poor one I admit, but still).

/off topic :d
 Asura.Celene
Serveur: Asura
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-04-15 21:16:24
Link | Citer | R

I say, add more space. If it really bothers PS2 users that badly, I'm sure they will switch platforms. I know I did.
 Bahamut.Kimbot
Serveur: Bahamut
user: kimbot
By Bahamut.Kimbot 2009-04-15 21:30:13
Link | Citer | R

im just waiting for my ps2 to die before i switch to pc (>.>)
 Caitsith.Dwon
Serveur: Caitsith
user: dwon
By Caitsith.Dwon 2009-04-15 22:02:08
Link | Citer | R

Ludoggy said:
Frobeus said:
Ludoggy said:
lol...you bought 3 when you could of just bought one?

No, he/she said that he/she has 3 accounts. You cannot use one device on more than one account. Each device will support up to 10 content ID's per account.

yeah...didnt think about mules.

Q If I have multiple PlayOnline IDs, will I need a different security token for each of these IDs?

A No, up to 10 PlayOnline IDs can be linked to a single Square Enix account.
If you set up a security token for your Square Enix account, you will be able to use it for all of the PlayOnline IDs linked to that account.
Serveur: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-15 22:32:39
Link | Citer | R

Antipika said:
That's BS, PS2 can address it, sure it would be a bit slower (like when you zone, it takes usually few seconds for your whole inventory/equip to load up). Now SE just said what you said with inventory @60. Then again @70. Now we're at 80. My guess is that we'll have up to 100 items in the future.

If that's true, why does every storage medium top out at 80? Even the Gobbiebag, which was limited to 70 slots until now (and yes, was 50, then 60, and is going up to 80 now) why would the satchel, as well as Storage, and the Mog House be 80 slots max? Seems like a big pain in the *** for S-E to program an entirely new storage system if they could just increase the upper limit..but I'm not a programmer so who knows? Just seems odd that they would ALL be 80 if it wasn't for that reason, since the PS2 is the "oldest" piece of hardware that's supported.

---

Antipika said:
Also 32 bits OS can address more than 4GB of RAM. Because Microsoft won't let you on "consumer versions" of Windows doesn't mean they're not capable of doing it. Something called PAE exists, and it's working fine with Windows 2003. Enterprise and Datacenter edition could respectively support 32GB and 64GB. While Server Standard only support 4GB :]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283037/en

(Oh yeah also PAE was also working on your old Windows 2000...).

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/platform/server/PAE/PAEdrv.mspx

Well this kinda show how "consumers" myths are completely stupid. 32bits OS blabla. BS. Just like SE BS with inventory and PS2 limitation. Was the same with windowed mode also, at first SE said they couldn't do it, now we have one (poor one I admit, but still).

/off topic :d

You sure that isn't using the hard drive as a swap between the actual physical memory and the "extra" memory the programs are using?

Cut and pasted from Wikipedia:

By 2002, it was obvious that the 32-bit address space of the x86 architecture was limiting its performance in applications requiring large data sets. A 32-bit address space would allow the processor to directly address only 4 GB of data, a size surpassed by applications such as video processing and database engines, while using the 64-bit address, one can directly address 16777216 TB (more than 17 billion GB) of data, although most 64-bit architectures don't support access to the full 64-bit address space (AMD64, for example, supports only 48 bits, split into 4 paging levels, from a 64-bit address).

Here's the link to the whole article.

Not trying to start an argument, but I've been told this by techs for years and years, not salesmen trying to sell me stuff. Generic Windows XP actually topped out at 2GB if I recall correctly, but that was a built in limitation. All Windows OS's are limited in this way...makes you have to go out and buy the next version when you need more memory. Shitty, but that's life when using MS...
 Valefor.Neokenesis
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2009-04-15 22:32:42
Link | Citer | R

i have to say you got it abit late. i have been using mog satchel since last saturday :P JP mail FTW..congrats btw. that extra space really does make things easier with job changes and farming.. not to mention a place to store food and ninjitsu tools. For those of you who still have to wait i dont think you will be disappointed when u get it.
 Diabolos.Tupacshakur
Serveur: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Tupacshakur 2009-04-15 22:50:51
Link | Citer | R

i live in east tx so hopefully i get mine tomorrow or in a day or two and Dalls isnt west tx >.> thats north east tx or am i reading what you said wrong lol, HOUSTON TX FTW btw =P lol
 Garuda.Antipika
Serveur: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-04-16 00:39:44
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

You sure that isn't using the hard drive as a swap between the actual physical memory and the "extra" memory the programs are using?

Cut and pasted from Wikipedia:

By 2002, .

Nope, that's the swap (virtual memory) and it's completely different. Also I stopped reading the wikipedia quote right after 2002. Why ? PAE been existing since Pentium Pro era, and that was in 1995 (even if OS started to support it way later). Don't worry nobody waited for individuals like you and me to own 4GB+ of ram in order to run Crysis for enabling 32 bits OS to support 4GB of RAM lol. As I said, even Windows 2000 had it.

Quote:
If that's true, why does every storage medium top out at 80? Even the Gobbiebag, which was limited to 70 slots until now (and yes, was 50, then 60, and is going up to 80 now) why would the satchel, as well as Storage, and the Mog House be 80 slots max? Seems like a big pain in the *** for S-E to program an entirely new storage system if they could just increase the upper limit..but I'm not a programmer so who knows? Just seems odd that they would ALL be 80 if it wasn't for that reason, since the PS2 is the "oldest" piece of hardware that's supported.

SE DEVs are just lazy imo that's it :/ Just like they were with windowed mode. 5 year to develop that ? Come on... We cannot seriously speak about hardware limitation when it comes to SE, seeing how their DEV team is *** up. Ever seen a major update without 3-4 emergency maintenance right after ? They don't even beta test properly what they code for us, we're testing for them :x If SE wanna fix inventory so we can have 100 items, they can.
 Titan.Ferret
Serveur: Titan
user: ferret
By Titan.Ferret 2009-04-16 01:03:41
Link | Citer | R

Dwon said:
Ludoggy said:
Frobeus said:
Ludoggy said:
lol...you bought 3 when you could of just bought one?

No, he/she said that he/she has 3 accounts. You cannot use one device on more than one account. Each device will support up to 10 content ID's per account.

yeah...didnt think about mules.

Q If I have multiple PlayOnline IDs, will I need a different security token for each of these IDs?

A No, up to 10 PlayOnline IDs can be linked to a single Square Enix account.
If you set up a security token for your Square Enix account, you will be able to use it for all of the PlayOnline IDs linked to that account.

Damn, beat me to it!
 Siren.Bungie
Serveur: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-04-16 02:24:59
Link | Citer | R

my ***better come tomorrow >.>
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Serveur: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-16 02:32:08
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Tupacshakur said:
i live in east tx so hopefully i get mine tomorrow or in a day or two and Dalls isnt west tx >.> thats north east tx or am i reading what you said wrong lol, HOUSTON TX FTW btw =P lol

omg I was completely forgot what I wanted to write when I looked at your avatar >.>
 Ifrit.Kalix
user: Tokitung
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-04-16 09:20:05
Link | Citer | R

Tupacshakur said:

>.> I stared at your avatar for 10 min before I was knocked out of my zone.
 Asura.Endelig
user: endelig
By Asura.Endelig 2009-04-16 09:32:37
Link | Citer | R

Not being able to check mail until 6 hours after it comes = lame.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-16 09:35:47
Link | Citer | R

I want my token today!!! I needa finish crafting damn it!! got to 64 cooking and I ant more spaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccceeeeeee, had to mule a ton of stuff and sell off old stuff to get room :/
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-04-16 10:47:41
Link | Citer | R

Allright got mine today!

Gonna link it in a few minutes :)
 Ifrit.Jamesglogan
By Ifrit.Jamesglogan 2009-04-16 11:35:09
Link | Citer | R

Tupacshakur said:

Best Avatar EVER.
 Diabolos.Tupacshakur
By Diabolos.Tupacshakur 2009-04-16 12:20:49
Link | Citer | R

bah wth i live in tx and everyone i know BESIDES ME HAS GOTTEN THEIRS ALREADY FUK SE I SWEAR TO GOT THEY FKN HATE ME!oh btw i also have more gifs if you guys wanna see em =P

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Diabolos.Tupacshakur
By Diabolos.Tupacshakur 2009-04-16 12:58:12
Link | Citer | R

so! he loves boobs! and what man doesnt love some nice big milk sacks =P lol
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-16 12:59:42
Link | Citer | R

i know a few men that like handfuls more than huge ones. and tupac is dead lol
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-16 13:01:46
Link | Citer | R

Tupacshakur said:

Houston << holla
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-16 13:11:09
Link | Citer | R

Got mine yesterday also, living in San Antonio, TX, sooooooo glad i got an assignment to Panama City, *** this state.
 Diabolos.Tupacshakur
By Diabolos.Tupacshakur 2009-04-16 13:20:21
Link | Citer | R

FUX YOU ALL THAT HAVE GOTTEN IT ALREADY!! i want to just fly to japan and slap all the people that worked on sending the token out ;; course ive also heard that they didnt make enough but thats a load of crap, since they knew they would get thousands of people wanting to buy it since they said they would double your inventory space
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-04-16 13:25:58
Link | Citer | R

Got mine and I love it! This is hax!
 Asura.Phyckett
user: Phyckett
By Asura.Phyckett 2009-04-16 15:05:26
Link | Citer | R

Wife called and said I got mine in today.
 Ifrit.Jamesglogan
By Ifrit.Jamesglogan 2009-04-16 15:26:35
Link | Citer | R

Post what state you live in so we have a way to see how they are reaching the United States and other countries. TX people were first, I seen a OK person now wondering where the rest are. I want to know when I can be like the kid in the candy store and rushing home to open up the old box for something cool!
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-16 15:31:30
Link | Citer | R

N.Y. suburbs...
STILL DONT HAVE!
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
Serveur: Ramuh
user: kiriyu