Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Mercy Stroke
Mercy Stroke
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Smurfite 2012-05-22 20:41:24
Link | Citer | R

Wish greedy *** aello would give me whirlwind dirs, mandau longs for those....
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-05-22 20:51:02
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Decimus said: »
Honestly, don't use it unstacked. You should use a STR thokcha off hand, but I'm lazy. My spreadsheet tells me Atheling, but I see a lot of Cerb +1.

w/ Sneak Attack:

swap in augmented Hecatomb Mittens +1 (crit dmg) for TA

The other Double Attack is still worth using even with the addition of Prosilio Belt?
 Phoenix.Takuun
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Korimoto
By Phoenix.Takuun 2012-05-22 21:49:51
Link | Citer | R

Are THF AF+1 gloves not worth using for TA+WS? Or does the effect not work on WS? I see EVERYONE using augmented Heca+1, and nobody suggests AF+1.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-05-23 06:43:18
Link | Citer | R

It works, just that +crit damage, with the str and dex, works better.

Only reason you use AF3+2 hands for SAMercy is because it already has insane stats, and the +20% dex to SA on top of it.

And Athos legs work about as well as whirlwind dires, and I believe they're a tad easier to get. I was lucky went 1/1.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-05-24 08:48:34
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
And Athos legs work about as well as whirlwind dires, and I believe they're a tad easier to get. I was lucky went 1/1.

How do you think Khepri Kecks would hold up vs Athos's Tights or Whirlwind Dirs?

I have a pair of T. Legs I've been holding on to, and currently 104 Bonecraft. I was thinking about skilling on that synth next in hopes to get an HQ, assuming I could actually get my hands on some Staghorn Corals.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-05-24 08:55:32
Link | Citer | R

Should win for SAMercy by a decent margin.

Pretty much the only thing left in the game I wanna get, but I haven't pursued it very much due to my decreasing interest in the game.
 Cerberus.Blackpain
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Rogue
By Cerberus.Blackpain 2012-06-14 12:08:13
Link | Citer | R

I think Decimus's Mandau setup is really good. The only upgrades I could suggest would be khepri head and legs. But that is also looking at it as best of the best.

My only question is would Prosilio belt be better or Wanion belt? And yes I'm talking about a SA+Mercy.
 Odin.Calipso
Serveur: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-06-14 12:19:14
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Blackpain said: »
I think Decimus's Mandau setup is really good. The only upgrades I could suggest would be khepri head and legs. But that is also looking at it as best of the best.

My only question is would Prosilio belt be better or Wanion belt? And yes I'm talking about a SA+Mercy.

In my sets, wanion pulls ahead for sa mercy.
 Sylph.Decimus
Serveur: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-06-14 12:42:22
Link | Citer | R

Thank you, I'll have to change that up - Wanion should win for SA+Mercy. Keep Prosilio in for TA.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-06-14 17:47:18
Link | Citer | R

This is the set I use for SA Mercy (at least for inside dynamis):

My head is augmented with 5Att and 3Da. Feet are augmented with +2 str and +6 att. Hands have crit hit dmg+3% and dagger skill +4. I'm actually currently using Thaumas legs instead of Whirlwind, cause Aello is a cheap *** that only gives legs to non-gear swapping ninjas :(

Ta Mercy:

SA mercy usually does 3300-3500 with peaks of up to 4600. TA mercy usually sits at around 2900-3300, with peaks of up to 3800. (Again, talking dyna DC mobs).
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [45 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Stani
By Bismarck.Stani 2012-07-29 06:33:31
Link | Citer | R

Just now realizing how totally gay flooring is. Looking at you, no WSC increase when going from 200 to 203 STR!

May as well illustrate:

Without flooring:
200*.6 = 120*.85 = 102
201*.6 = 120.6*.85 = 102.51
202*.6 = 121.2*.85 = 103.02
203*.6 = 121.8*.85 = 103.53
204*.6 = 122.4*.85 = 104.04

With flooring:
200*.6 = 120*.85 = 102
201*.6 = 120*.85 = 102
202*.6 = 121*.85 = 102
203*.6 = 121*.85 = 102
204*.6 = 122*.85 = 103

I get that you have to chose how far many figures to take your calculations to, but when I can put on 3 STR on a 60% STR mod WS and get bupkis... you should have went a few digits further. IMO.
 Ragnarok.Evihime
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2012-08-09 06:40:40
Link | Citer | R

Using this one atm:

Should I use Thaumas Kecks?
 Shiva.Brunwulf
Serveur: Shiva
user: Brunwulf
By Shiva.Brunwulf 2012-08-25 10:39:45
Link | Citer | R

I'm having a hard time figuring out which is better overall. Atheling/Eponas or Rajas/Cerberus mantle+1 or if Rajas/Eponas/Atheling mantle would be better. Seems everyone has a different combination of the two.
 Bismarck.Stani
By Bismarck.Stani 2012-08-26 06:53:29
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Brunwulf said: »
I'm having a hard time figuring out which is better overall. Atheling/Eponas or Rajas/Cerberus mantle+1 or if Rajas/Eponas/Atheling mantle would be better. Seems everyone has a different combination of the two.

It's largely down to preference. Atheling/Epona's if you like to roll the dice for a DA/TA proc, and Cerb+1/Pyrosoul if you want the guranteed damage. The Cerb+1/Pyrosoul set has the added bonus of being a better AC set as well as having the highest possible spikes.

Flooring is also a consideration, in that it will ruin your carefully chosen gear selections because SE cut corners. Sometimes, when you add 4 STR, your WSC will be unchanged. Other times, you can add 3 STR and get 3 entire WSC. The best you can do is to calculate your most frequent STR total and build around that.

It should be noted that if attack is capped regardless of your back slot, Cavaros and Vigilance Mantle +1 become the front runners. I go with Cavaros because it's also useful in Abyssea and for TA, whereas Vigilance +1 is SAMS outside only.
 Shiva.Brunwulf
Serveur: Shiva
user: Brunwulf
By Shiva.Brunwulf 2012-08-26 11:22:45
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Stani said: »
Shiva.Brunwulf said: »

It's largely down to preference. Atheling/Epona's if you like to roll the dice for a DA/TA proc, and Cerb+1/Pyrosoul if you want the guranteed damage. The Cerb+1/Pyrosoul set has the added bonus of being a better AC set as well as having the highest possible spikes.

Flooring is also a consideration, in that it will ruin your carefully chosen gear selections because SE cut corners. Sometimes, when you add 4 STR, your WSC will be unchanged. Other times, you can add 3 STR and get 3 entire WSC. The best you can do is to calculate your most frequent STR total and build around that.

It should be noted that if attack is capped regardless of your back slot, Cavaros and Vigilance Mantle +1 become the front runners. I go with Cavaros because it's also useful in Abyssea and for TA, whereas Vigilance +1 is SAMS outside only.

Thanks
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Headache
By Quetzalcoatl.Headache 2012-09-26 07:50:22
Link | Citer | R

How about this set for TA mercy outside aby? inside id use athos body. Too stingy to get prosilio and another str earring atm. Other than that looks decent?

necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2012-11-09 11:48:14
Link | Citer | R

Curious what are people's experience with MS in dyna. Assuming 99 mandau how much better is it then extenerator?
 Siren.Mcclane
Serveur: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-11-09 11:53:07
Link | Citer | R

It's not. It's pretty close, but exent still comes ahead
 Sylph.Decimus
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-09 12:12:19
Link | Citer | R

If I wasn't stacking it with a JA I wasn't using it. With a 99 Mandau it might be fine, but at 95 it wasn't pulling ahead.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-11-09 12:28:11
Link | Citer | R

Maybe my exen set is bad, but 99 mercy stroke beats the crap out of exen. I don't think I've broke 4k on exen, whereas I've broken 6k with MS. Even unstacked (ms) is 1700-2200~ assuming no missed hits, with spikes to 3500 if some multihits, which is about what I get with unstacked exen.
 Sylph.Decimus
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-09 12:37:00
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, you should always use Mercy when you can stack unless I suppose you desperately needed the status effect from Exenterator for some reason. But for the most part, I was averaging better unstacked Exenterators than unstacked Mercy Strokes. I don't think Tyleron was asking about stacked situations.
 Siren.Mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-11-09 12:59:15
Link | Citer | R

I guess I should have mentioned in my post that I was assuming he was wondering about unstacked. Using Motenten's Spreadsheet and DC Dyna mobs, unstacked MS was always 100-200 damage behind exent
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2012-11-09 13:03:36
Link | Citer | R

Thanks, exactly was not really thinking about stacked. Which is just poor wording on my part (on iPhone).

I guess my real question is, if you have 99 mandau do you need extenerator? Looks like you still do.
 Siren.Mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-11-09 13:19:23
Link | Citer | R

Since it's better, I'd say yes. But if you were more often on jobs that rely on the other merit weaponskills, it wouldn't be that huge of a loss.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-12-03 08:24:19
Link | Citer | R

Just picked up Mandau last night, and threw a WS set together for it with stuff I had lying around. What swaps should I look into for optimization? Would Thaumas kecks or Athos's tights Work better than whirlwind dirs?

Cerberus.Mindi
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-12-05 03:58:52
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Tyleron said: »
Thanks, exactly was not really thinking about stacked. Which is just poor wording on my part (on iPhone).

I guess my real question is, if you have 99 mandau do you need extenerator? Looks like you still do.

I have 99 Mandau aswell, and just started to delevel my Exenterator. For me its not really worth it to keep the WS. Most WS i do are stacked, and those that arent Mercy isnt really much worse. My Exent sets arent perfect, but mercy isnt much behind or it is actually even with ex for me. I randomly use Ex Evis and Mercy unstacked sometimes.. and tbh i am not impressed anymore with ex when you have 99 Mandau. Evis and Mercy can do equal dmg. (I dont play in abyssea) If you dont need any other Merit WS's go for ex, but if you play other Jobs and need those WS's can just ignore Ex

ok it probably depends what you are fighting and how, like allways :x
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-12-05 04:20:58
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »
Just picked up Mandau last night, and threw a WS set together for it with stuff I had lying around. What swaps should I look into for optimization? Would Thaumas kecks or Athos's tights Work better than whirlwind dirs?

Here's my set

My heca cap+1 should be better than my khepri bonnet because it has some str/da augment on it. For TA, change the khepri kecks to thaumas kecks, change the af3+2 hands to heca mits+1 w/crit augments and change the rajas to a second pyrosoul ring.

Brutal earring is pretty meh for Mercy and Rudra.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2012-12-05 08:20:16
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget said: »

Here's my set

My heca cap+1 should be better than my khepri bonnet because it has some str/da augment on it. For TA, change the khepri kecks to thaumas kecks, change the af3+2 hands to heca mits+1 w/crit augments and change the rajas to a second pyrosoul ring.

Brutal earring is pretty meh for Mercy and Rudra.

I do have a second Vulcan's pearl I could put in there, I just thought I read something about brutal earring being better.

Also, I was looking at prosilio belt versus wanion belt. How would it compare on something your capped attack on? Would Wanion Belt pull ahead?

Also, to reiterate from my previous post. Should I keep using whirlwind dirs, or would Athos's tights work better?

Thank you for the great advice. :)
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-12-05 09:12:20
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Mindi said: »
Carbuncle.Tyleron said: »

I have 99 Mandau aswell, and just started to delevel my Exenterator. For me its not really worth it to keep the WS. Most WS i do are stacked, and those that arent Mercy isnt really much worse. My Exent sets arent perfect, but mercy isnt much behind or it is actually even with ex for me. I randomly use Ex Evis and Mercy unstacked sometimes.. and tbh i am not impressed anymore with ex when you have 99 Mandau. Evis and Mercy can do equal dmg. (I dont play in abyssea) If you dont need any other Merit WS's go for ex, but if you play other Jobs and need those WS's can just ignore Ex

ok it probably depends what you are fighting and how, like allways :x
I don't have Mandau, but I know that Exent will outperform Evis given equivalent gear (obviously talking outside abyssea for any herpaderps out there). However, the difference is actually not as big as I thought it would be until I tested it with my own gear (feel free to check my sets to compare). Whether you *need* Exent or not is obviously subjective. There are other merited weaponskills that will make a MUCH larger difference to their respective jobs (Resolution, Ruinator, etc) especially if those jobs do not have a Relic/Emp weaponskill.

As for comparing items, are you unable to use the dps spreadsheets or unaware of them? If your capped attack, Wanion is an obvious choice. Whirlwind Dirs seems like an obvious choice to me too. I'm out of time to verify atm.
 Sylph.Decimus
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-12-05 09:21:01
Link | Citer | R

Mote's Spreadsheets - Just teaching you to fish. I'll probably still end up looking at all the ***you asked about, but this will be helpful for you in the future. If you're capped attack you'd want to maximize your number of attacks, so Wanion would win hands down over Prosilio.

Using DC Nightmare Mobs -

Brutal wins
Whirlwind wins (until Khepri for SA), outright for TA
Wanion wins for SA
Crudelis wins for TA
Athos's Tabard for TA until Khepri (by the slimmest of margins over Tessera)

I think those were the only slots called into question.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8