Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Mercy Stroke
Mercy Stroke
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Untamedheart 2011-09-16 19:40:12
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Laphine said: »
well, you didn't place a fstr cap (13), and didn't use mandau's base damage as well. You can't really compare stacking dex vs str like that. Your conclusion (100 str = 300 dex) is certainly wrong then. Also, although dex is only accounted once, it's accounted where it matters more (the crit).

The best way to compare dex and str is to unlazy it out. Even using a pdif or cratio value to account the crit power. Oh, and crit attack bonus too. Very important.

You are correct about the fStr capping which I have neglected. That does devalue STR somewhat when fStr is capped.

fStr capped:

(100STR * 0.6) * 0.85 = 51 (WSC only)
51 * 4.0 = 204

Closer to a 1:2 ratio when fStr is capped.
 Sylph.Gredival
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-09-17 07:46:47
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kiaru said: »

OMG that subligar has a use?

It's always been the best DE/EV leg piece. I spent years and 3 servers chasing it :/
 Bahamut.Atoreis
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-09-17 09:25:11
Link | Citer | R

For Trick Attack with Thief main, the calculation is WD = ( D + fSTR + WSC) * fTP + AGI

WD = ( 49 + 13 + WSC) * 3.0 + AGI
WD = 186 + WSC*3.0 + AGI

WSC= STR*0.85*0.6
1STR=0.51WSC

1STR adds 1.5 to TRUE base damage of the weaponskill

Saying AGI adds to base damage of the weapon is ONLY VALID FOR TA NOT TA WEAPONSKILL which confuse a lot of ppl.

Weapon base damage in WS is D in "( D + fSTR + WSC)". IF AGI WOULD BE ADDED TO THAT D it would change everything in favor of AGI but it isn't. You can only say it adds to weapon base damage when non stacked with WS because it is simple (D+AGI)*pDIF then.

Some facts:
*outside Loki beats Heca body+1 unless you have augment with att and agi/str then they are pretty much equal (inside heca+1 is better)
*Heca+1 gloves destroys every other option especially with dagger skill+4 on top of 4% crit damage (inside and outside)
*Crudelis is obviously better than Warwolf for TAMercy and Beir belt+1 is obviously better than both even with low accuracy
*Ire torque+1 is also better obviously and even with low accuracy
*Might be a surprise but +4str earring actually beats brutal
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-09-17 09:45:46
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Atoreis said: »
For Trick Attack with Thief main, the calculation is WD = ( D + fSTR + WSC) * fTP + AGI

WD = 186 + WSC*3.0 + AGI

WSC= STR*0.85*0.6
1STR=0.51WSC

Saying AGI adds to base damage of the weapon is ONLY VALID FOR TA NOT TA WEAPONSKILL which confuse a lot of ppl.

Weapon base damage in WS is D in "( D + fSTR + WSC)". IF AGI WOULD BE ADDED TO THAT D it would change everything in favor of AGI but it isn't. You can only say it adds to weapon base damage when non stacked with WS because it is simple (D+AGI)*pDIF then.

Some facts:
*outside Loki beats Heca body+1 unless you have augment with att and agi/str then they are pretty much equal (inside heca+1 is better)
*Heca+1 gloves destroys every other option especially with dagger skill+4 on top of 4% crit damage (inside and outside)
*Crudelis is obviously better than Warwolf for TAMercy and Beir belt+1 is obviously better than both even with low accuracy

heca gloves only for TA?

edit: derp, guess thats what you were saying
 Bahamut.Atoreis
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-09-17 10:14:41
Link | Citer | R

Yes all above is only valid for TA Mercy.
By Untamedheart 2011-09-17 14:17:29
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Atoreis said: »

WD = 186 + WSC*3.0 + AGI

WSC= STR*0.85*0.6
1STR=0.51WSC

Some facts:

Thanks for the math!
 Sylph.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-09-17 15:35:24
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Gredival said: »

It's always been the best DE/EV leg piece. I spent years and 3 servers chasing it :/
I meant to link the 8 str subligar, for me the item set I quoted has the 8 str -10 acc subligar off carabosse. When I quote it it has hecatomb +1 though..idk.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-09-17 15:50:27
Link | Citer | R

I meant to link the 8 str subligar, for me the item set I quoted has the 8 str -10 acc subligar off carabosse. When I quote it it has hecatomb +1 though..idk.

If somebody posts a set originally their post will remain the same w/ that set unless they edit the post.

If they happen to change the set at any given time and somebody quotes it then it changes.
 Sylph.Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-09-17 17:35:43
Link | Citer | R

The Carabosse panties kinda got replaced by the Calmecac Subligar, but before that they were the best STR pants you could get on THF. I switched mine out once I got STR augment on my Heca+1
 Sylph.Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-09-20 17:48:09
Link | Citer | R

Some new STR gear out of the update:

Ocelomeh Harness (11 STR, 11 DEX, 2% 2A), it's HQ (12 STR, 12 DEX, 3% 2A), and what I presume is the HQ2 Toci's Harness (13 STR, 13 DEX, 10 Accuracy, 10 Attack, 3% 2A) make augmented Hecatomb Harness +1 obsolete.

Whirlwind Dirs (12 STR, 3% 2A) displaces Calmecac. Augmented Hct. Subligar +1 with STR probably still situational on flat Mercy, and of course great for Sneak Stack.

Justiciar Torque (4 STR, 15 Attack) may push with Ire Torque +1

Aife's Ring (5 STR, 5 Dagger Skill) may beat a Pyrosoul, not sure. Also generally a good ring for TP on high EVA mobs.

Tjukurrpa Belt (5 STR, 3% 2A) may push with Beir +1, but probably not.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-10-28 03:06:45
Link | Citer | R

Some new STR gear out of the update:

Ocelomeh Harness (11 STR, 11 DEX, 2% 2A), it's HQ (12 STR, 12 DEX, 3% 2A), and what I presume is the HQ2 Toci's Harness (13 STR, 13 DEX, 10 Accuracy, 10 Attack, 3% 2A) make augmented Hecatomb Harness +1 obsolete.

Whirlwind Dirs (12 STR, 3% 2A) displaces Calmecac. Augmented Hct. Subligar +1 with STR probably still situational on flat Mercy, and of course great for Sneak Stack.

Justiciar Torque (4 STR, 15 Attack) may push with Ire Torque +1

Aife's Ring (5 STR, 5 Dagger Skill) may beat a Pyrosoul, not sure. Also generally a good ring for TP on high EVA mobs.

Tjukurrpa Belt (5 STR, 3% 2A) may push with Beir +1, but probably not.

anyone maf out these new items yet?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-11-30 15:14:36
Link | Citer | R

Significant DAT mining results:

Lv98 Belt: STR+9 Attack+25 Double Attack -5% (All jobs)
Denali Kecks +5: DEF47 STR+9 AGI +9 ATK+14 EVA+14 Haste+6
 Asura.Ludoggy
Serveur: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-11-30 15:19:24
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
belt
[+]
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2011-12-19 19:29:22
Link | Citer | R

Hi all, this is what im currently looking at stacked for a WS set

Would the Cuau. Headpiece be a better option? I know it has 2 STR less but it does have the Dagger Skill +5. I know Heca Cap is the way to go but its being a pain in dropping.

Finally the nexk and belt. Im getting lots of contrasting views on this. Some swear by the gorget and the belt combo, Some say ele neck Beir +1 for waiste. And some out right disregard the ele gorget/belt and go Juusticier's Torque with Beir +1.

As for the Hands, would Heafoc Mitts be a better choice?

Unstacked Im considering replacing Loki's with Ocelomeh Harness. How does the Ocelomeh Harness compare to Heca Boday? Would any other piece need changing?

Any thoughts? upgrades? constructive criticism?

Thanks in advance!
 Asura.Sanaki
Serveur: Asura
user: Tethys
By Asura.Sanaki 2011-12-19 21:40:45
Link | Citer | R

Use Heafoc for TAWS and use raider's on saws. The "increases sneak attack damage" really is hard to beat in addition to the other stats. Keep aias until heca. I can't comment on neck and waist since ive only ever used ele neck/belt. Ocelm. is either equal or slightly better than heca harness. You can get attack, stp, dex augments on heca, but ocelm has more dex. For legs, I know heca subligar is problematic to get. There's also whirlwind dirs from VW (+12 str) and the upgraded denali legs if you are thinking about the future.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2011-12-20 06:34:15
Link | Citer | R

and im guessing if i get my hands on the AF+1 to use them instead of the Heafoc for TA?
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2011-12-20 16:21:38
Link | Citer | R

Currently im going to be using:

Teutates Subligar
[Legs] All Races
DEF:34 STR+8 Accuracy-10 Evasion-10

How does the following compare to the above?

Asn. Culottes +2
[Legs] All Races
DEF:44 STR+5 DEX+5 Accuracy+10 Enmity+6 Enhances "Gilfinder" effect
LV 90 THF

And in saying with that how does the Pulines compare with Heca legs?
 Sylph.Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-12-20 17:44:34
Link | Citer | R

Mercy Stroke should only be used stacked so the -acc isn't really significant. In that respect, the 3 STR is far more important than 10 acc. 5 DEX could help when stacking, but I think that 3 STR probably helps more.

I'm assuming you are asking Poulaines compared to Leggings not legs as in Subligar. With augments especially, I can't imagine the Leggings losing.
[+]
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2011-12-20 17:50:55
Link | Citer | R

yeah the leggings, thanks for input, guess i wont be upgrading thf legs after all. Hmmm almost upgraded them today lol

Then again i dont have Heca Legs yet heh but do want them
 Sylph.Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2011-12-20 23:29:06
Link | Citer | R

The AF2+2 legs look like an Evisceration piece, but N. Legs are far better at that. As mentioned previously, Denali Kecks +5 or Whirlwind Dirs are the next upgrades for Mercy pants.

Also looking at your set, I'd use Warwolf when stacking with Sneak Attack; the -7 DEX on Beir is pretty harsh and negates a lot of the gain from the 4 STR. Beir still probably wins, but ditching Beir probably gives you enough cash for Prosilio Belt, which is by far the top choice I think.

I'd use Ire Torque +1 or Justiciar Torque over Gorget as well.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-30 14:34:51
Link | Citer | R

Finishing my Mandau on New Years Eve it looks like, so I've got a question about WS choices.

SA: Mercy Stroke
SATA: Mercy Stroke
TA: Exenterator
Unstacked: Evis or Exen (I haven't maxed Exen and played with it unstacked yet.)

Look about right?
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2011-12-30 21:20:56
Link | Citer | R

Should Mercy every chance you get.

Also, Athos legs will do better than Whirlwind Dirs if you go with a Prosilio belt. For back, you can use Vigilance mantle+1. That'll pretty much eliminate DA from your WS gear set besides any augments on the heca cap+1, so the penalty of the Prosilio belt would be eliminated, leaving you with a stupidly strong belt to WS in.

From there, pop RCB/Stalwarts/berserk against anything serious and you won't miss the atheling mantle at all.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2012-01-09 19:29:31
Link | Citer | R

OK speaking to some people that have mandau's they say Loki's is best for MS when stacked (with Sneak Atack).

So thought i ask here, how does the following stack from best to worst:

Toci, Ocelomeh (HQ/NQ), Heca Harness, Loki's.

And if possible if you could give a reason as to why ones better than the other even if brief would be much appreciated :)

Thanks
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2012-01-09 20:06:56
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Should Mercy every chance you get.

Also, Athos legs will do better than Whirlwind Dirs if you go with a Prosilio belt. For back, you can use Vigilance mantle+1. That'll pretty much eliminate DA from your WS gear set besides any augments on the heca cap+1, so the penalty of the Prosilio belt would be eliminated, leaving you with a stupidly strong belt to WS in.

Having looked at Athos Legs, Raider's Cullottes +2 doesnt fall behind by much as an alternative for those that dont have it. From the stats it seems its losing 1% Crit hit rate but has the extra bit of dex as a trade off so they wuldnt be bad from face value. If im wrong please correct me (only way to learn right :P)

As for the Penalty tho a wasted slot simply keeping Brutal equipped would also nullify the -5DA.

As for the Vigilance mantle+1, would this be better than Cerb Mantle +1? Is 1STR and 5DEX better than ATK+15? (this be in or out of abyssea)
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-09 20:59:51
Link | Citer | R

Athos legs have +4 crit damage on them also, which is why they're better.

As for as Mercy goes, according to my calculations anyways, +1str will increase your WS average about the same as +1DA. That said, I would care more for DA if we didn't already have naturally Triple Attack at an 11% rate, and the Assassin's Charge JA. When Triple Attack goes off, DA does absolutely nothing.

Lastly, to be honest, I go back and forth on the two backs all the time. Of course, Cerberus Mantle+1 will do better vs the strongest mobs, ie Tier6 VWNM, but Vigilance Mantle+1 will do better when you don't need the attack; and that's true more often than you think. With RCB/Stalwarts/Berserk up, my WS damage on most VWNMs matches, or comes close to matching, my WS numbers on Too Weak mobs. Really can't go wrong no matter which you decide to go with.

Also, according to my calculations, Loki > Ocelo HQ > Ocelo NQ > Heca Harness w/6dex

Toci and Athos body beats them all though, and which one comes out on top is highly situational. Athos will give more raw damage, but Toci has the +10atk/acc and +3DA and +3TA if you're using Ocelo head.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-09 21:30:35
Link | Citer | R

With RCB/Stalwarts/Berserk up, my WS damage on most VWNMs matches, or comes close to matching, my WS numbers on Too Weak mobs.

This should be more or less true. For once something on which we agree!

With Building Flourish added into the mix on DNC using Rudra's, I don't really see much difference between my max/min vs. TW/EPs and VWNMS at all.

Also, according to my calculations, Loki > Ocelo HQ > Ocelo NQ > Heca Harness w/6dex

Toci and Athos body beats them all though, and which one comes out on top is highly situational. Athos will give more raw damage, but Toci has the +10atk/acc and +3DA and +3TA if you're using Ocelo head.

Seconded.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2012-01-09 21:45:03
Link | Citer | R

Ya no doubt Toci or Athos would be supreme, but that's all dependant on how many logs wanna drop :P

As for the crit damage I must of missed that so my bad.

I'm really liking the belt tho so will look into picking one up. My main concern with MS is that unstacked it just doesn't hold up to exenterator outside aby or Evis inside aby.

Outside unstacked my MS do about 850-1100. Stacked they do much better. Would Ocelomeh be the way to go unstacked? Or should one stick to Exenterator for unstacked WS's?
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-09 21:50:20
Link | Citer | R

Exenterator, or in Voidwatch, if you're forced to use an unstacked WS on THF, Evisceration should win out if you have Champion's Tonic's Potency effect active.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-01-09 21:54:03
Link | Citer | R

Never do MS unstacked.

Exenterator when your pdif is high, Evisceration otherwise.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-01-09 22:16:18
Link | Citer | R

Never do MS unstacked.

You'd think this would be common sense, but apparently Mercy Stroke is a terrible weapon skill because it only does 2k unstacked while under the effects of a brew.

This message brought to you straight from the Official Forums.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8