Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Rhongomiant gear sets
Rhongomiant gear sets
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-22 17:48:20
Link | Citer | R

gotcha folks, and much obliged..looks like I'll have to buy a zahak's the minute I return for both drg and war hehe
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-22 19:06:35
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Amador said:
Yeah, you started to once those script macros came along...

Interesting :) yet, you were beat with a Cletine for giggles sake before you even touched those script macros. Such skill Martel. You truly are the Scirpt Macro master.

It really deserves a clap. If anything it shows how nice Script macros are when they simplify the game to such degree. But in anycase, cool story broskies.

Funny how times change though, It's funny how you even defended the idea of winning simply due to your macros.

And no, Apathy does not beat it out. Math it out, it's quite simple you can view Wiki for the damage formulas, then you can multiply that .094 ftp increase to find that +9, and +10 vit still wouldn't beat out a gorget.

Oscar, I'd been using script macros since shortly after I hit 75, when I got my current PC and could finally play FFXI on PC.

I started to win at times when I got my Homam legs, and my askar korazin. At which point I gained access to a 6 hit build with decent haste. Back when you were insisting that TP'ing in Ares cuirass was better than a 6-hit cause of the additional atk.

I can't really address the cletine comment, as I don't recall the specific incident. But hey, it's not like I never lost. I'm not omnipotent, just very very good.

Regarding my skill. It should be noted that none of the LS's other script using DD's could reliably outparse me either.

As for the defense of winning due to scripts that would be because there's some truth to it. It's one of the many factors that will determine the outcome of a parse. Gear, playstyle, circumstance, player skill, support, effective macros(and yes, scripts), and largely Luck. We've had some close parses over the years and no doubt the use of script macros has tipped some of those in my favor.

But to accredit everything to the use of scripts is willful blindness. Because this is to claim that they outweigh all the other factors involved. Seeing as you already had the initial advantage. Superior gear, guaranteed ideal support, (and judging by your mockery of mine, at least in your eyes) superior skill as a player.

But really, If you believe that my ability to win at all comes purely from the use of script macros, then you are making a conscious decision to lose by not using them. If by doing so you're standing up for your convictions, then /salute. But don't attack or mock me for making a completely factual statement, when you've effectively chosen to lose. Basically, quit yer whining.

To the rest of the thread, my apologies for the massive text wall and its lack of any relevant info. I wouldn't have said anything at all if the V. fork parse bit hadn't been so clearly about me, and so misleading. Where'd that come up anyway? I didn't see ash say it...
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-07-22 19:08:42
Link | Citer | R

Relax, folks.
 Ragnarok.Amador
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-07-22 20:37:15
Link | Citer | R

Alrighty.

So I'll admit I was lazy to care about Askar Body. That's mainly due to me actually focusing on getting an Aurum Body, which is what I started to use after a bit.

The Cletine comment, came a while later, a lot more a while later. It was when you didn't even have your V. Fork, so I'll give you that. Regardless, pointless. I don't care to get into it.

It's not a blind statement though, you willingly admitted to it. Since then I was told I should use script macros, by you.

So no, sorry. Yes, my convictions. I simply choose to play FF11 without the need for third party tools. It's how I've always played, and will continue to do so. I'm definitely not whining.

As for the mention of what I told Ashman, it was due to a previous post he had made, which the entire thread was removed due to administrative choice. If I wanted to point a finger at you directly I would have named you, I didn't though did I? Instead you chose to up and readjust a few words yourself.

And yeah, for the record, the LS's other scripts didn't come into play till you all started collaborating regarding them, and perfecting them. Which brought about more wins, and a lot of people from 3%-4% to what? 8-9%? Thumbs up.

But yeah, good thing I was always able to keep together the BRD rotation, sometimes pull, lead us to clear victories against Odin. Otherwise, gee, you'd never of gotten quite a few toys hmm?
 Asura.Kaisuko
Serveur: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-07-29 12:20:16
Link | Citer | R

Hey, my friend is about to get Rhongomiant and decided I'd check out what was the best gear set for it. Was messing around with my own sets and was wondering if this would be good:
TP:

WS:

Didn't check math on STP, but if anything, White Tath or Dusk+1 can be swapped in. My friend doesn't have access to it all, but just want to know the optimal set so I can help 'em out. Thanks ^^
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-07-29 12:30:42
Link | Citer | R

drg can't use tiercel, i'm not even sure that's 7 hit (kidding) and i would get timarli and camelcac/aces pants as opposed to the setup youre using. Timarli are easier in my opinion to get than aces hands so theres really no reason to use aces on drg.

I'd also recommend tping in snow belt and pole grip to give you a "semi-4hit".
 Asura.Kaisuko
Serveur: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-07-29 12:38:27
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
drg can't use tiercel, i'm not even sure that's 7 hit (kidding) and i would get timarli and camelcac/aces pants as opposed to the setup youre using. Timarli are easier in my opinion to get than aces hands so theres really no reason to use aces on drg.

Ahah, I forgot they couldn't, threw this together in just a couple minutes.
But I was trying to find a way to utilize the crit dmg on the legs(especially when aftermath is up). Even without Tiercel though, could swap that out for lancer mantle. And like I said, can swap out Ace's, just don't have either Timarli or Dusk+1 atm.

~This is all assume /sam as well, so I'm almost 100% sure its at least a 7hit lol (which I know isn't even reasonable anyways, but like I said, I was just trying to get use out of the +2 legs :/)
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-03 09:41:32
Link | Citer | R

You actually can get a ghetto 5hit if you use drakes and maintain 24% haste and not using that terribad stp/-atk mantle or junking your food to carbonara. (Ghetto meaning after a full landing drakes, not some conserve TP unreliable business.) You can also get 25% if you use lancers mantle but im not dropping atheling for that crap.

Impossible to do without back/food using single hit camlanns though.

It is what I will eventually use once i get my mythic lance done. Till then ill just continue my current design:

Quote:
OAT polearm, 5 hit it, be better than any Rhongo DRG that has ever existed.

:P

Its sad but true. OAT is sooooo awesome you have no idea xD It is also the reason why I couldnt bring myself to do a gugnir or rhongo. It would have just made me sad so i sucked it up and working on mythic as its the only one that really has an edge over OAT from everything I can figure.
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-08-04 14:01:42
Link | Citer | R

People still fail to comprehend how any occasional builds work.

I'll take my 134 D Gungnir, 40 damage over OAT. That occasionally 5 hits, with our beautiful 20-30% activation conserve TP trait anyday.

(The same works for Rhongomiant, but you know, they get to crit for 1.7-2.5k once that ODD is up.

You guys should really just go on a limb and get the OAT-4 Corsesca, damage is so negligible after all right? What's another 44 gonna mean to a Corsesca Dragoon?

Could just, WS -> Hit -> WS with that crazyness.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-08-04 14:11:10
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ashman said:

Dusk+1.
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-08-04 14:16:07
Link | Citer | R

The decreased movement speed would be annoying, has always been annoying running from mob to mob.

Timarli Dastanas, are the real only way to go.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-08-04 14:21:05
Link | Citer | R

Cause changing to idle gear is hard? lol.
Both are fine to use but Dusk+1 would be easy to get and slightly better.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-08-04 14:23:03
Link | Citer | R

Obvious troll is obvious.
I can see Gungnir being useful for Voidwatch, though.
edit: @Amador
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-04 14:23:20
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Amador said:
People still fail to comprehend how any occasional builds work. I am now going to try and explain myself around the fact that parses show I'm wrong. If you continue to tell me that I am wrong and that I have been proven wrong multiple times, I will get belligerent and try to convey that SOMEHOW it's different for me. If you show me parses proving I'm wrong I'll mumble something about "cheating" and "windower" before I crawl back into my hole for another week before pulling my next amadorism out of my rear-end.

I don't get how you can say "people fail to comprehend how this works" and then proceed to spew half a paragraph proving you have no idea how it works. You act like the "beautiful conserve tp trait" and double attack, and elemental belts only work for you and not for the people who actually worked out a hit build. OAT magically loses the ability to make use of conserve tp because you don't use it and it only somehow benefits your build.
Damage is NOT negligible enough to disregard, although i appreciate your hyperbole. When someone has a 5-hit gear set with a 50+% chance of attacking twice, and macros in the appropriate amount of stp in jumps and ws.... while you are by dumb luck 6-hitting a lance and jumping in whatever you think is prettiest because "ugh, oscar think math hard derp" it tends to negate a bit of that damage difference. When an OAT goes off on a jump you get bonus tp. Same with during auto-attack. That is a distinct bonus that doesn't also work for the 492 lances.

Seriously, I would be happy to get 4-5 dragoons with OAT, gungnir, rhongo, and whatever else you would like (why not the empousa one for kicks) and parse it all day. I would LOVE to hear your soon to follow this post excuses for why somehow the game would magically make you look bad. Feel free to find someone who knows how to use DRG with gungnir so we have a "base group" for this scientific method.

<<< Patiently waiting your passionate reply littered with red-faced excuses and the same bull pucky that litters ever single other thing you've ever said.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-08-04 14:24:49
Link | Citer | R

edit: derp
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-08-04 14:29:01
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Amador said:

I'll take my 134 D Gungnir, 40 damage over OAT. That occasionally 5 hits, with our beautiful 20-30% activation conserve TP trait anyday.

(The same works for Rhongomiant, but you know, they get to crit for 1.7-2.5k once that ODD is up.

You guys should really just go on a limb and get the OAT-4 Corsesca, damage is so negligible after all right? What's another 44 gonna mean to a Corsesca Dragoon?

Could just, WS -> Hit -> WS with that crazyness.

Just for the heck of it:
The difference between 54 & 94 damage (OA4 Corsesca and OAT corsesca) is far greater than that of 94 & 133 (OAT corsesca and gungnir)
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-04 14:30:15
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
also, jeez, don't mention parses... someone is going to say parses are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and you should only do math, when really, math is as skewed as parses. edit: math is skewed when it comes to weapons like mythics.

parses and math beat the crap out of stringing together a paragraph of "i dont know what im talking about, ad-hominem, hyperbole, derp derp". Even if they're skewed it's worth it to see him stop spamming his opinions as if they're fact when it's not. Even if x lance beat y lance hands down 24/7 he wouldn't hear it if he had y because he refuses to listen to reason.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-08-04 14:32:19
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
also, jeez, don't mention parses... someone is going to say parses are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and you should only do math, when really, math is as skewed as parses. edit: math is skewed when it comes to weapons like mythics.

parses and math beat the crap out of stringing together a paragraph of "i dont know what im talking about, ad-hominem, hyperbole, derp derp". Even if they're skewed it's worth it to see him stop spamming his opinions as if they're fact when it's not. Even if x lance beat y lance hands down 24/7 he wouldn't hear it if he had y because he refuses to listen to reason.

Pretty much.
Theoretically, Gungnir would be useful for VWNM, but I don't see it being too useful for anything else.
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-08-04 14:43:08
Link | Citer | R

I'm belligerent? Did you read your post?

My paragraph wasn't about going into detail as to how it works.

What elemental belts are you even talking about? I don't even incorporate that into my build, thanks for assuming though!

You keep going on that, "pretty" tangent as if it was something substantial, sadly it isn't drop it's old.

You want to a attack a build simply because it isn't your build revolving around your lance. My build is a general build for 492 Polearms. It's not just Gungnir based.

You mainly fail to realize how it works, and you make crazy statements like oh: Because you have dbl atk here and there it's a 4 hit, i smart.

You sound like a moron. It's not even witty, it's a sad attempt.

1: It's a 6 hit build
2: When, and if your Conserve TP Procs, it's a 5 hit. (Meaning no sacrifices to obtain this)(Meaning a more powerful TP phase)(Meaning the ability delay would pretty much become negligible)(This does not apply to OAT lance!)(Never has!)(It applies to 492 due to the sacrifices required to obtain a 5 hit)(Hell, it even applies to Warrior who use Ukkon and choose to NOT use a 5 hit!)

Difficult? How can you make half the assumptions, and comments you make?

50+% OAT, where are you even getting this number from? Just your base assumption and you're here saying I'm the one posting this and that without knowing? You're silly.

I have no issues discussing game tactics, but half the crap you come at me are personal attacks. So grow up, get over it. I don't care if I told you to FO when you were a level 50 Dragoon. Get over it, be an adult.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-04 14:56:13
Link | Citer | R

Theres a little confusion between people saying "OAT lance 5hit PWNS FACE" and the response that "5hit isnt THAT big a deal when conserve tp/etc is added in"

The 5hit OAT build is more powerful because of the...occ atks twice part. The 5hit is a bonus because it has 507 delay so you dont hang yourself trying to pull it off.

Its not the 5hit that makes OAT rival relic/empy. Its the OAT part. The rest is not having to finagle with saving TP and aftermaths using crappy WS (cam). The 5hit just pushes it over the edge because you can TP spam the hell outta things.

Sure you get ODD on rhongo. After saving 300TP (thats 3 drakes) and using a crappy cam to kick it off (ok 2.5 drakes now). And you have to repeat this junky proces every 90 seconds. 300tp out of every 90sec cycle has to be saved and used on ONE crappy Cam. Do you know how many drakes an OAT lance pumps out in 90 seconds? (because OAT gets TP at least 2x as fast as a rhongo/gugnir so that 300tp you save is 5-6 drakes in OAT world lost). Not to mention how many more drakes OAT spams than rhongo when it FINALLY has aftermath up anyway.

This is before you add in the extra WS spam due to having a 5hit.

Its not the 5hit thats broken about OAT. Its the redonculous amount of TP you get from double attacking constantly turned into redonculous amounts of drakesbanes that all synergizes with a nice 5hit.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-08-04 15:09:51
Link | Citer | R

Aanalaty you know I've always loved your math responses and the other information you've posted on ZAM.

I know this about OAT, I understand it. The only thing I'm defending is his attack on the entire idea of using Conserve TP to proc a 5 hit, while maintaining a 6 hit build. That's pretty redonculous itself.

The way Rhong is used, is specifically dependent on situation.

IE: Starting the fight with 300% TP.

Same tactic that would be applied to your to be Ryunohige.
If this is done, it'd be fairly practical correct?

That aside, 90 seconds. I doubt anything can live 90 seconds with a few Empyreans right now.

Obviously the tactic will however change. The ODD will still be there, just at a lower activation/duration whichever it maybe.

Outside of Abyssea, it's completely understandable that the TP generation of a Corsesca +2, will be indeed nice. In Abyssea, it won't matter much for the simple reason that Corsesca +2, just doesn't benefit as much from the DBL ATK, TRPL ATK Atmas others do.

New content, such as VWVNM. High AGI, High VIT, High DEF. Old content, Low AGI, Low DEF, Low VIT. It's situational as always. Which lance performs best under which conditions is always situational.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-04 15:32:22
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Amador said:
The only thing I'm defending is his attack on the entire idea of using Conserve TP to proc a 5 hit, while maintaining a 6 hit build.

But you attack me for my comments about how stupid it is to account for double attack in a build. It's a variable that IS applicable to another build. You cannot say "don't worry if you don't have a 5-hit because believe it or not, you have a semi 5-hit already!"....

hey buddy, don't be sad that you drive a focus. when you find a nice stretch of downhill your car is like a semi-vette!

Sadly, I have been the main red/blue proc for my set since abyssea came out. I haven't been on my drg more than a dozen times in 2011 and I'm not married to corsesca so much that I feel the need to "defend the lance i use". I just hate the fact that you're spitting your biased and incorrect opinions to a new generation as if they were still fact. The only reason I called you out in the first place is so that the OP wouldn't think "you know what, he's right!!! I can convince myself this is a semi 5-hit and sleep at night!".

On a side note: I did get personal satisfaction and you ignoring the "put up" half of my "put up or shut up" post. If i had to be honest, even knowing that you would, it's still funny to me.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-04 15:42:29
Link | Citer | R

/blush
Im famous! It still kinda wierds me out when people mention "im a fan of your work" xD Guess theres a little more 'community' than i realize sometimes :P

True, it is very situational. If you are just doing a 1mob zerg type thing and you start with 300TP, aftermath weapons (Rynohige/Rhongo) are definately putting on their best performance. If its an extended grindfest, OAT is in its element. Somewhere in the middle is an avg day in the game. If we pick only ONE situation, then we can pick winners and loosers, but for general play involving everything, i vote OAT as the all-rounder. (dont forget in those short zergs, getting 2xTP from your jumps is a big deal too)

The 6hit with 'occasional' 5hit thing is just a big semantic debate over what you call the phenomenon. The real issue is how do you GEAR for optimal TP use and does conserve TP factor into that. Do you 'plan' to get a random conserve TP proc and adjust your gear? Or is it better to gear as if it didnt exist for a consistent weather proof build (works anytime, all the time).

To me it seems as though it is being suggested that you should NOT focus on a 5hit BECAUSE of the conserve TP trait (correct me if im wrong). That i cant agree with. Just because you 'sometimes' can get a 5hit wearing 6hit gear doesnt make it better than a stable 5hit (that can still get proc and become a rare 4hit. I love my 40tp return drakes :P)
 Ragnarok.Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-08-04 16:03:57
Link | Citer | R

Ashman, you are truly a dummy. Who knows what you're even talking about at this point. It's never really mattered though. Get over it though, see a psychiatrist.

Nice car reference though, I actually drive a 350Z Pearl White 2008 Nissan.

Anyways

Aanalaty, the build revolves purely around a 6 hit. Using ideal TP for the most part of a 6 hit 492 delay weapon.

Lancer's +2 Head, Body, Feet.
Blitz/Rajas/Brutal/Moonshade(Regain)/Thew Bomblet
Claymore Grip/Love Torque/Goading Belt/Atheling/4% Haste Pants(Can be replaced with Calmecac)

So it's pretty practical. In WS Gear, the only thing with Conserve TP on it, will be my Aesir Ear Pendant for +3.

It follows the same principal as a Warrior Job with a delay lower than 500. The only difference is, we can actually 5 hit occasionally due to that off chance we get conserve TP active.

It's not as rare as you may think, just hard to detect. Conserve TP gives varrying levels of TP back. It's not always a flat #, as I am sure you've seen. It can be anywhere from 27-38 for me. I can't say I've seen any 40%'s.

A 5 hit, is not practical for DRG with all the sacrifices that need to be made to obtain one with a 492. The losses are drastic, and falls under the very issue war falls under, but even more so due to not having an ability like Berserk.

The reason why it doesn't work for a 507 Delay, is because the sacrifices to gain a 5 hit are minimal, and can be accomplished easily. I'm not saying get a Corsesca +2 and try my build, I'm saying get a 492 if you feel like it/if it's your option and try it.

On the quick zerg reference, they don't even happen anymore. Only like, AV. On him with SV March + Haste you attack so fast your TP sky rockets regardless and realistically you're only jumping twice, which more than likely depending on how you gear your jumps you'll double attack anyways enough to get a WS off again.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-04 17:10:34
Link | Citer | R

It's not practical for you because you put the work into getting a gungnir. What "i'm talking about" is discouraging a player from getting a polearm that can(read: not always) outperform the one they are striving for, and takes less effort to make. If anyone else would have made the same type of post you did, I would have played devil's advocate as well (albeit with less vitriol). I'm not trying to convince you to make a corsesca, nor would i waste the effort to try to convince you of anything anymore.

I just wanted to point out that your post came off as "discourage any other line of thought because your build is equal to it because of a variable that may or may not choose to benefit you".

I would like to have said it in a calm and "agreeable" tone but i really don't like you. I can admit that whether it hurts the value of the point i'm making or not, because it's the truth.

I just would hate to have this new dragoon, or any other one who is new to the job, to take your opinion on anything (just being honest). If this new dragoon went ahead and assumed that what you said is the best course of action, they could have regretted it later and resented you for it. We have enough of those on our server alone.

That being said: thank you for only calling me a dummy. It made me laugh, and you could have said much worse.
By xenomasterkenshin 2011-08-04 17:44:35
Link | Citer | R

This thread is funny lol.

Not long ago, maybe midjuly (18th or so), i was in a sisy frag/KI farm pt with me BLU, a drg + war friends and my mule on brd, and for kicks, once the lights were build up, i just buffed em to see who killed faster (i know this without a parser has 0 value [hello eyeballing] but as of now, i still can count).

War had virtually the best gear, af3+2, twilight gear and ukon 90, drg had the empousa lance (sorry for not knowing the name) and the corcesca you guys are talking (i call it the joyeuse polearm lol).

Buffs were double march full time and haste, both /sam going all out and ukon vs the empousa lance, war won by a small margin (and the war is really good at killing crap lol) but it was switch to the corcesca, and it got ridiculous.

The drg was raping stuff left and right, all thing i could see was the drakesbane lights in the screen and the drg moving from mob to mob (tigers in ule) on a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE speed lol.

War was 6-hit (i think?) and drg was doing 5-hit.

With this i basically wanted to say, 5-hit corcesca is a beast (and i dont have drg lvld on my char so im not biased) able to outparse even the most devastating empyreans, now tell me your "whatever build" is gonna outparse and ukon90 user.

From here, the answer is obvious, 5-hit corsesca >> Gungnir by a long shot.

P.S.: DRG > DRK ash, raiden cries from his corner :<
 Sylph.Derekroy
Serveur: Sylph
user: Derekroy
By Sylph.Derekroy 2011-08-04 18:15:06
Link | Citer | R

This is the Camlann's set I've had as an idea for myself with some tweaking still needed. Belt obviously can be switched but I left it in for a possible parse item to test.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-04 18:15:28
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
It can be anywhere from 27-38 for me. I can't say I've seen any 40%'s.

I get them since i have higher TP return on my WS with corsesca (in theory, you would too with 492 with more STP on ws, not that that is something to strive for :P). Its just tacked on to the normal TP return. My TP return is just higher. Your 38s are my 40s.

Quote:
Lancer's +2 Head, Body, Feet.
Blitz/Rajas/Brutal/Moonshade(Regain)/Thew Bomblet
Claymore Grip/Love Torque/Goading Belt/Atheling/4% Haste Pants(Can be replaced with Calmecac)

So it's pretty practical.

You left gloves out but I assume timarli for a 25% haste build with that.

I think you are overestimating the pain of getting a 5hit.
TP

WS

This will land you a 5hit after a full drakesbane. Obviously you do take hits over a 6hit (duh). Im not sure if the 2% haste on zelus beats the 6-7 acc, 27atk, set bonus procs and (non DD) bonus of wyvern absorbs, but that could bump you to 26% haste. Alternatively, can sac atheling for lancers mantle and hit 25% haste, but im loathe to do that either.

However, if you get a moonshade regain earring, you could EASILY bump this set into overdrive with capped haste by dropping STP on belt and/or ring slot for more haste. Could also prob drop goading from WS with regain earring for sure.

But really, the big hits we take are: (compared to your above build)
*WS in goading belt (NA if use of regain earring)
*Rose Strap (Crit rate 3%)
*Hoard ring (-4str/dex and 0-1% haste from Blitz. 0 if we both use regain earring)
*White tath (2str, 8atk)
As you have the moonshade, we can assume the same for this which really means just white tath and rose strap to pull off a 5hit.

Its really not quite as severe as we might think. A 24% haste 5hit build with a 492 doesnt take that much (Following a 4/4 drakes).

a TRUE 5hit is VERY painful as you need 51stp fulltime. That is when you get into taht -15atk mantle and carbonara which DOES really suck.

To be fair, this is the build i plan to use when i finish Ryunohige which will give me (with aftermath) somewhere near 60% DA rate before gear (recent BG testing by kirschy shows ninja buff to lv 90 attack and OAT aftermath on scythe tests appraching 60%). Because that OAT procs on WS for mythics and the 1st 2 hits of 2hander WS can DA, the chance of me landing at LEAST 4/4 (i will avg 5.X based on gear+aftermath before accuracy considered) is virtually assured. But 4/4 requirement might make a joe smoe drg a little nervous to depend on.

A side note: I keep mentioning "if" moonshade because i WANT to use it for my twash thf with 25 tp bonus mod 1st. But i am very torn between using it for Thf (with TP bonus magian dagger, 100TP rudras storm would be a 225 which is HAWT). But I am not sure if they earring will go for thf or drg when i get it. If it goes to drg, i will get a LOT of flexibility in my build.