Rhongomiant Gear Sets

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Rhongomiant gear sets
Rhongomiant gear sets
By Dakotacj 2011-08-04 18:35:39
Link | Citer | R

This is the Camlann's set I've been using for months now (replace the 80 with a 90 of course). Outside Abyssea, CT does about 2k average. Inside, about 2.5k-3k average. Obviously Drakesbane is better inside, CT is just for Aftermath and skillchains. But outside Abyssea, it's a pretty good WS. Still needs some work. Not quite perfect yet.
 Ragnarok.Returner
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-08-05 09:26:38
Link | Citer | R

Your best gears should go to Ryunohige instead of an emp. thf. A mythic is a billion times harder to get than an emp. and Ryunohige is likely the best mythics weapon out there too.

With that said, regain moonshade wouldn't help you all that much with 60% OAT, you will be WSing close to nonestop with semi decent haste. I use OAT magian polearm and WS nonstop so I can only image 60% OAT... You will likely only get 1 or 2 tics per round out of that earring.

Tho you should consider using the tp bonus 25 on drakesbane to solve all your dilemma. The 25 bonus is likely going to up your base critical hit rate by a little. It is known that the critical hit rate is different between 100% tp, 200% tp, and 300% tp, but it is not known yet that if 125% tp makes a difference over 100% tp. In theory it should make a difference since the damage base TP WS work like that, so it is up to you.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-05 09:58:59
Link | Citer | R

You have listed the main reasons its a little dicey for me. The atk4/TP25 earring would probably be used on drakes as well and be well rounded for both jobs. The regain would probably be drg only (brutal/suppa is hardcore on thf :P). Every other WS scales the TP effect linearly between the 100TP anchor points, i cant imagine the crit rate ones are any different.

I have also been a thf 'main' for all my FFXI career, but probably about 55/45 split between my thf and drg. (Prob more like 40%thf, 35%drg, 15%rng, 5%brd, 5%Pld :P)I also run the OAT corsesca right now so I am not really sure what to do about the earring conundrum. But, I dont have either the earring or the mythic yet, so Ill cross that bridge when i get to it. (But i did just hit the 10k alex mark yesterday! WHOOOO!)

But I will be redoing my merits when i get mythic to full str, so i guess that says something about what i think about Mythic vs my thf :P (5str/3dex now)
By Ophannus 2011-08-10 19:29:05
Link | Citer | R

Question: Is Love Torque better than Agasaya Torque for TP? Seems like Agasaya has better stats(marginally).
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-10 22:37:32
Link | Citer | R

Agasaya: 8acc/8atk.

Love:7atk/8-10acc depending on rounding for dex and combat skill and 5Ddex for crit rate.

The acc is 6.3acc from the 7dagger skill so it can round up to 7 or down to 6 depending on total dagger skill. The 5dex is 2.5 acc so 50/50 of being either 2 or 3 acc on top of the combat skill, thus the 8-10 range.

I lean with love. -1atk in exchange for, at worst, the same 8acc on agasaya+5Ddex, or at best 2acc+5Ddex.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-11 01:02:56
Link | Citer | R

Provided you're in abyssea acc means nothing and I can only assume ddex would be capped right? In that case the subtle blow would be a nice bonus. Anything that matters though... Isn't in abyssea.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-11 09:01:58
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Anything that matters though... Isn't in abyssea.

^ This. Im so over abyssea it isnt even funny. I havent set foot in there to do anything but fish in about 2 weeks. Soon as we hit 95 in a few weeks all of abyssea will be so lulz. Its going to just become a side event like limbus/salvage/einherjar/dynamis etc. You go in to get your job outfitted with +2s and maybe an empy and gtfo. I prefer to plan my gear for the rest of the game personally.
 Quetzalcoatl.Darsha
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: StanDarsh
By Quetzalcoatl.Darsha 2011-08-12 18:57:38
Link | Citer | R

xenomasterkenshin said:
This thread is funny lol.

Not long ago, maybe midjuly (18th or so), i was in a sisy frag/KI farm pt with me BLU, a drg + war friends and my mule on brd, and for kicks, once the lights were build up, i just buffed em to see who killed faster (i know this without a parser has 0 value [hello eyeballing] but as of now, i still can count).

War had virtually the best gear, af3+2, twilight gear and ukon 90, drg had the empousa lance (sorry for not knowing the name) and the corcesca you guys are talking (i call it the joyeuse polearm lol).

Buffs were double march full time and haste, both /sam going all out and ukon vs the empousa lance, war won by a small margin (and the war is really good at killing crap lol) but it was switch to the corcesca, and it got ridiculous.

The drg was raping stuff left and right, all thing i could see was the drakesbane lights in the screen and the drg moving from mob to mob (tigers in ule) on a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE speed lol.

War was 6-hit (i think?) and drg was doing 5-hit.

With this i basically wanted to say, 5-hit corcesca is a beast (and i dont have drg lvld on my char so im not biased) able to outparse even the most devastating empyreans, now tell me your "whatever build" is gonna outparse and ukon90 user.

From here, the answer is obvious, 5-hit corsesca >> Gungnir by a long shot.

P.S.: DRG > DRK ash, raiden cries from his corner :<

Do you still have this parse between the Ukon War and Corseca Drg? I would very much like to see this. Not that I don't believe you. But I'm interested in making this polearm.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-08-13 21:55:57
Link | Citer | R

What do Rhonogomiant 5hit builds look like?
 Phoenix.Mogue
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2011-08-13 21:57:32
Link | Citer | R

like ***
 Gilgamesh.Shadowreapper
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: MrReapper
By Gilgamesh.Shadowreapper 2011-08-16 07:49:56
Link | Citer | R

No af3 head, no aetheling mantle.
Need 50+ stp (52 i think, idr).
Basicly, that's rose strap, stp+6 mantle, ace feet (in fact i'm keeping af3 to stay at capped haste), rajah + the stp ring, zelus tiara, any haste +4 pants, goading belt...
It will look like this.

I did the math myself, so maybe it's not 52, but I double checked and it seemed correct.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-16 07:58:08
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Shadowreapper said: »
No af3 head, no aetheling mantle. Need 50+ stp (52 i think, idr). Basicly, that's rose strap, stp+6 mantle, ace feet, rajah + the stp ring, zelus tiara, any haste +4 pants, goading belt... It will look like this. I did the math myself, so maybe it's not 52, but I double checked and it seemed correct.

ace's feet are 3 haste.

edit: also, your build brings you to exactly 20 tp a swing. You would have to either ws in the gear you tp in for proper returns to meet your build, hope you land the max hits to achieve the tp to support tp phase, or use amador math.
Either way the build is still 2 haste short from what I can tell and it's going to struggle for keeping up with consistantly 5-hitting.
 Gilgamesh.Shadowreapper
By Gilgamesh.Shadowreapper 2011-08-16 08:03:32
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, i'm using af3 feet in this setup actually, I'd lack haste with aces.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-16 10:28:03
Link | Citer | R

Or you could use white tathlum for +2 and use a second earring and neck that dont suck. And use aces instead of AF feet for -2haste, then swap zelus for af head for +23 atk, wyvern boost and a -9 acc we dont need anyway among other changes.

But ultimately a rongo 5hit with cam blows because you not only have to TP in all that crappy gear. Stp mantle is -35atk and -3DA over atheling alone. Toss in all the other hits and its painful. But you have to WS in all that crap too for cam (which is already mediocre for a ws)

Its not pretty. Drg/Sam is already on the shortest end of the atk stick of ALL 2handed jobs by a lot (good job/job combos anyway). Sam/war, Drk/anything, War/anything. We, of all 2hands, cant afford those types of hits to our atk, and we sure as hell cant gimp an already bad WS and expect to be near the top of the pile.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-16 10:31:20
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aanalaty said: »
Or you could use white tathlum for +2 and use a second earring and neck that dont suck. And use aces instead of AF feet for -2haste, then swap zelus for af head for +23 atk, wyvern boost and a -9 acc we dont need anyway among other changes. But ultimately a rongo 5hit with cam blows because you not only have to TP in all that crappy gear. Stp mantle is -35atk and -3DA over atheling alone. Toss in all the other hits and its painful. But you have to WS in all that crap too for cam (which is already mediocre for a ws) Its not pretty. Drg/Sam is already on the shortest end of the atk stick of ALL 2handed jobs by a lot (good job/job combos anyway). Sam/war, Drk/anything, War/anything. We, of all 2hands, cant afford those types of hits to our atk, and we sure as hell cant gimp an already bad WS and expect to be near the top of the pile.

wouldn't those changes put him at 22% haste? :x
 Gilgamesh.Shadowreapper
By Gilgamesh.Shadowreapper 2011-08-16 11:16:33
Link | Citer | R

Anyway, i was just answering to Gunit.
Like Aanality pointed out, we have a crappy attack, can't rly afford to lose more by doing a 5 hit. Just the af3 piece and aetheling mantle is about 60 attack. Not to mention the 3DA and the af3 set effect.

5 Hit is a good option for higher weapon delay (corsesca by example), but not rly worth for 492 polearms.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-08-16 11:29:38
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
wouldn't those changes put him at 22% haste? :x
Yeah...dont mind me and my amazing mathmatical prowess mixing up + and -
>_>
<_<
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [51 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Fiasko
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2011-10-06 16:46:55
Link | Citer | R

Dakotacj said: »

This is the Camlann's set I've been using for months now (replace the 80 with a 90 of course). Outside Abyssea, CT does about 2k average. Inside, about 2.5k-3k average. Obviously Drakesbane is better inside, CT is just for Aftermath and skillchains. But outside Abyssea, it's a pretty good WS. Still needs some work. Not quite perfect yet.

What atmas are you using? CT is doing 1.5k-1.7k for me without DA or TA
I use Apoc RR and SS generally.

necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Gilgamesh.Dsf
user: Dsf1
By Gilgamesh.Dsf 2011-11-22 06:34:39
Link | Citer | R

Answering OP, If youre going to "plan" on any weapon for DRG go mythic or go home. DRG is one of my fav jobs especially solo, but even I know going for emp is a waste of potential =/. Just go for Vere if you're going to waste your time with that trial.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-11-22 07:30:25
Link | Citer | R

Hey Dom! Congrats on finishing your Rhongomiant way back in August!