police sex offender dies while raping elderly woman
Is it me, or that is more random fail than anything? lol
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-06-15 19:30:30
Link | Citer | R

Oh yeah forgot about all the crazy stories too.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-06-15 19:31:34
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, Texas has some really bad stories, and they make people /facepalm. lol
California also has some bad stories, too - legalizing marijuana and penalizing that circum thingy - which is just fail.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-06-15 19:45:05
Link | Citer | R

Pros and Cons of California and Texas::

Pros for Texas:
Second biggest state, no state income tax, can drink legally with parents permission if under 21. Mavericks beat the heat. Silicon Hills, housing is cheaper here, lots of job openings. Live music (in Austin)

Cons for Texas:
The heat, lots of traffic fatalities/bad drivers, really bad city council in austin. Not much to do in terms of entertainment compared to other states.

Pros for California:
epic weather, scenery, E3 and Comicon. Silicon Valley, places to actually surf unlike Texas.

Cons for California:
everything govt. related
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-06-15 19:54:13
Link | Citer | R

Texas also has a $27 billion budget shortfall at the moment. Larger than California's.

I note the OP's report delicately left this out.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-06-15 19:58:29
Link | Citer | R

Everything's bigger in Texas, including the lies.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By zahrah 2011-06-15 20:13:33
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said:

Thanks, Flavin. Sometimes I forget just how similar California and Texas actually are.

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
I was mainly referring to the whole text book dilemma.

Yeah.../facepalm

Anyhow, I predict I will be fighting tooth and nail to get kid(s) into private or Montessori schools when I'm eventually all domestified to avoid a "Why you crap all over my kiddo's education Texas public schools?" scenario. LOL!
By zahrah 2011-06-15 20:16:54
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:

Pros for Texas:
Second biggest state, no state income tax, can drink legally with parents permission if under 21. Mavericks beat the heat. Silicon Hills, housing is cheaper here, lots of job openings. Live music (in Austin)

Cons for Texas:
The heat, lots of traffic fatalities/bad drivers, really bad city council in austin. Not much to do in terms of entertainment compared to other states.

Pros for California:
epic weather, scenery, E3 and Comicon. Silicon Valley, places to actually surf unlike Texas.

Cons for California:
everything govt. related

Try Mustand Island and/or Padre! Sure, it's not like California beaches, but take into consideration it's in the Gulf...

/cries

And damn it! We TRY!

EDIT: This just ran through my head when thinking of beaches in TX and CA...

Yes, I'm just being silly now.
 Siren.Inuyushi
Serveur: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-16 08:36:54
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Chrisstreb said:
Texas: Letting illegals in since 19XX.... but seriously, is there a real difference aside from the views of people in both states? Yes, Texas is mostly republican and they gave us 'great' people like Herbert Walker and 'W', and Cali gave us people like Reagen and is mostly democratic. See way too many 'illegals' in this country now, and both places (more a less Texas) are to blame

Fun fact: When getting my Driver's License in MD I was told that MD had to impose new laws because MD was the state that gave out the most Driver's Licenses to Illegal immigrants!

zahrah said:
Thanks, Flavin. Sometimes I forget just how similar California and Texas actually are.

Hence the reason the two were compared to each other.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-06-16 08:44:51
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Chrisstreb said:
Texas: Letting illegals in since 19XX.... but seriously, is there a real difference aside from the views of people in both states? Yes, Texas is mostly republican and they gave us 'great' people like Herbert Walker and 'W', and Cali gave us people like Reagen and is mostly democratic. See way too many 'illegals' in this country now, and both places (more a less Texas) are to blame

If you call W "great" I hate to see what you consider mediocre or average.. That's setting the bar pretty low for greatness. I hate and resent the fact that he's associated with my state.
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-16 08:54:49
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Sylph.Chrisstreb said:

If you call W "great" I hate to see what you consider mediocre or average.. That's setting the bar pretty low for greatness. I hate and resent the fact that he's associated with my state.

I'll take W over Hussein Obama.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-06-16 08:58:52
Link | Citer | R

Obama is no better or worse than Bush was, he's just different. I want Clinton back.. He's the only president that's been in office during my lifetime that I actually liked.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Serveur: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-06-16 09:01:05
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Texas also has a $27 billion budget shortfall at the moment. Larger than California's.

Figures. No real surprise when partisanship is involved.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-06-16 09:05:36
Link | Citer | R

zahrah said:

Pros for Texas:

Cons for Texas:

Pros for California:

Cons for California:
everything govt. related

Try Mustand Island and/or Padre! Sure, it's not like California beaches, but take into consideration it's in the Gulf...

/cries

And damn it! We TRY!

EDIT: This just ran through my head when thinking of beaches in TX and CA...

Yes, I'm just being silly now.

I've been to galveston, corpus, padre lots of times lol. its just ...those waves you can't even surf on. boogie board ftw though. oh and having someone on a jet-ski pull you on a boogie board = win

Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-06-16 10:28:12
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Daemun said:
Shiva.Nikolce said:
So I found myself hitchiking with a friend through texas during the drought in 1988. Though hitchhiking is probably not the proper term since no one picked us up. I think we walked the entire way from Oklahoma City to north of Dallas through miles of dead vegatation and nary a building to be seen. And the sun beat down on us and we quickly ran out of water as the sun climbed in the sky and I kept saying don't worry, we're almost to the lake up ahead, but he couldn't see it and we just kept on walking. Hours and hours later it turned out to be an abandoned barn of some kind and when I finally realized I was trying to walk towards a mirage for too many hours I gave up and laid on the side the road to die. As the heat of the asphalt started cooking my back my friend swayed back and forth unable to continue on and still refusing to collapse on the ground and it was at the moment the only nice person in Texas pulled over and started yelling at us for being so stupid then drove us to a Denny's so we could get some water...
???

Yes, sorry I just noticed the question marks at the end there, it's true, alot of stories from my youth end with me almost dying from my own stupidity... Though I concede there is probably more than one nice person in Texas.

One of the main problems with our trip was that it accidently coincided with the 88 breakout from Eddyville state penitentiary of eight dangerous fugitives traveling in pairs. One pair seemed to be everywhere we went and the constant radio warnings to avoid picking up hitchhikers proved difficult to overcome, so we walked most of the way from Kentucky to Texas. One such announcement came over the radio as we were riding in an old man's car. I wasn't really paying attention, the pair had killed an elderly couple and left their bodies at the morgue... But then I noticed the driver's face was beet red and he was sweating provusly. At first I thought he was having a heart attack but his eyes were filled with terror. "Please don't kill me" he suddenly began begging, "here, take all my money" and "you can have my car". He was difficult man to reach in this condition and though we continually reassured him we were not the desperate murderous fugitives in the report, he wouldn't stop begging us not to kill him and his wife.

Finally I ordered him to pull over and let us out before he killed us all with his reckless driving. He gave us all his money even though we protested and thanked us for sparing his life. He promised never to tell anyone about the encounter...I wonder if he took the story of how he managed to convince two maniacs to spare his life with him to the grave.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-06-16 10:41:14
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said:
Ifrit.Daemun said:
Shiva.Nikolce said:
So I found myself hitchiking with a friend through texas during the drought in 1988. Though hitchhiking is probably not the proper term since no one picked us up. I think we walked the entire way from Oklahoma City to north of Dallas through miles of dead vegatation and nary a building to be seen. And the sun beat down on us and we quickly ran out of water as the sun climbed in the sky and I kept saying don't worry, we're almost to the lake up ahead, but he couldn't see it and we just kept on walking. Hours and hours later it turned out to be an abandoned barn of some kind and when I finally realized I was trying to walk towards a mirage for too many hours I gave up and laid on the side the road to die. As the heat of the asphalt started cooking my back my friend swayed back and forth unable to continue on and still refusing to collapse on the ground and it was at the moment the only nice person in Texas pulled over and started yelling at us for being so stupid then drove us to a Denny's so we could get some water...
???

Yes, sorry I just noticed the question marks at the end there, it's true, alot of stories from my youth end with me almost dying from my own stupidity... Though I concede there is probably more than one nice person in Texas.

One of the main problems with our trip was that it accidently coincided with the 88 breakout from Eddyville state penitentiary of eight dangerous fugitives traveling in pairs. One pair seemed to be everywhere we went and the constant radio warnings to avoid picking up hitchhikers proved difficult to overcome, so we walked most of the way from Kentucky to Texas. One such announcement came over the radio as we were riding in an old man's car. I wasn't really paying attention, the pair had killed an elderly couple and left their bodies at the morgue... But then I noticed the driver's face was beet red and he was sweating provusly. At first I thought he was having a heart attack but his eyes were filled with terror. "Please don't kill me" he suddenly began begging, "here, take all my money" and "you can have my car". He was difficult man to reach in this condition and though we continually reassured him we were not the desperate murderous fugitives in the report, he wouldn't stop begging us not to kill him and his wife.

Finally I ordered him to pull over and let us out before he killed us all with his reckless driving. He gave us all his money even though we protested and thanked us for sparing his life. He promised never to tell anyone about the encounter...I wonder if he took the story of how he managed to convince two maniacs to spare his life with him to the grave.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Serveur: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-06-16 11:08:17
Link | Citer | R

Eddysville state pen is in kentucky and two of the escaped fugitives seemed to follow our exact route at the same time on their way to (presumably) mexico (through texas) "walked the whole way" is an exageration to make a point, despite the constant radio warnings we caught exactly 20 rides of varrying distance between kent ohio and angelina state park in texas. Including the brief encounter with the old man described above.

Strangely, we were never questioned by the police/highway patrol, though we walked in full view of the public along the side of major highways with our thumbs sticking out and we looked like excaped convicts.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-06-16 11:40:33
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Nikolce said:

Eddysville state pen is in kentucky and two of the escaped fugitives seemed to follow our exact route at the same time on their way to (presumably) mexico (through texas) "walked the whole way" is an exageration to make a point, despite the constant radio warnings we caught exactly 20 rides of varrying distance between kent ohio and angelina state park in texas. Including the brief encounter with the old man described above.

Strangely, we were never questioned by the police/highway patrol, though we walked in full view of the public along the side of major highways with our thumbs sticking out and we looked like excaped convicts.
was pointing out the fact you said you walked from oklahoma to texas
then said you walked from kentucky to texas
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-06-16 12:02:34
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Obama is no better or worse than Bush was, he's just different. I want Clinton back.. He's the only president that's been in office during my lifetime that I actually liked.

It's so weird thinking back to how many people disliked Clinton at the time - at least in my memory. Lots of both parties. But after the last 12ish years (of our gov't in general) I can take a little bit of Monica (so long as Hillary can) in exchange for a balanced budget. And, intelligent, half-assed military action seems better to me now than our current Full-speed-ahead idiocy.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-06-16 12:11:12
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

I just wonder why the OP or any of the other supporter's of the "Texas is the future" have yet to comment on this...
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-16 12:36:42
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

I just wonder why the OP or any of the other supporter's of the "Texas is the future" have yet to comment on this...

Fine, I'll bite. But I figured the thread was done so that's why I didn't bother to respond. I also dont care for the guy with the nifty red bar because he just likes to play Devil's Advocate so I don't care to follow what he says. He'll always find a way to grow his e-peen and say "No you're wrong." Note:I don't know much about the details behind alot of things, but you asked for it so here we go!

1) This is for the 2012-13 Budget, that's in the future. Enough said.

2) Check the quote below:
Quote:
In an interview, McCown said those who question the shortfall "are not being honest. They’re trying to confuse the public . . . We’re short $27 billion to do what we’re doing. Obviously, if you don’t want to do what we’re doing, then we’re not short."

According to the Statesman, state leaders including GOP Gov. Rick Perry are dismissive of needing to cover $27 billion in additional spending. Perry said in a Jan. 10 interview with the newspaper: "I'll let somebody else talk about that, because that's not reality."

I don't know much about shortfalls, but there's still a chance to change things around before everything happens.

3) California has more previous debt carrying over than Texas (tried to find the numbers without luck).

But honestly I just love TX more than any other state I've lived in and was just sharing the article. Don't get all QQ on me because we're doing something that is being perceived as right.
By zahrah 2011-06-16 12:43:31
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

I'm not denying our state's downfalls. A couple of posters supporting TX made me /facepalm, but I'm just sick of the Bush-loving, gun-toting, cowboy stereotypes.

EDIT: I can't stress this enough...This state is NOT a desolate desert!
 Sylph.Spency
Serveur: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2011-06-16 12:48:00
Link | Citer | R

zahrah said:

Just most of it
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-16 12:48:34
Link | Citer | R

zahrah said:
I'm not denying our state's downfalls. A couple of posters supporting TX made me /facepalm, but I'm just sick of the Bush-loving, gun-toting, cowboy stereotypes.

What's wrong with a Bush loving, Gun carrying Cowboy? o.o
By zahrah 2011-06-16 12:49:15
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Spency said:
zahrah said:

Just most of it

Just be happy I like you, Spence! :)
 Ramuh.Urial
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-06-16 12:52:05
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Inuyushi said:
zahrah said:

Isn't that what the 5% that isn't desert is like?
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-16 12:54:36
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Urial said:
Siren.Inuyushi said:
zahrah said:

Isn't that what the 5% that isn't desert is like?

Not really. The true Cowboys who actually know how to throw a rope and respect a woman are either in nursing homes or wear too small baseball caps with polo shorts and a plad button up. The cowboys you see on TV only know how to ride a horse. Most people you see that wear anything cowboy related (hat/boots) wear them because they're farmers

Edit: As for the true gun carries, those are getting fewer and fewer also (I'm talking about people who know gun safety and can shoot a Buck at 250 yards or a Dove at 40 with a 12 Gauge....not some kid in the city with a revolver)

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Spency
Serveur: Sylph
user: Spencyono
By Sylph.Spency 2011-06-16 12:59:32
Link | Citer | R

zahrah said:

Just be happy I like you, Spence! :)

Or what? You'd shoot me?
[+]