Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-06-15 12:26:07
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Asura.Shylaa said:
Whats the "Becky" mentality?
It can be a series of variables and does not always yield the same name, but as such- they are:

1) OWE MA GAWD!!
2) a like-disorder ("like" used after every verb)
3) skinny and not chunky
4) walks in groups, preferably the same mentality for the most part
5) usually rich or someone in the group is
6) too extravagant
7) not married and lives with her parents
8) age 20+

That's really all I feel like making about that, there is more traits I'm sure lol >_>
In summation: pompous
 Asura.Shylaa
Serveur: Asura
user: Shylaa
By Asura.Shylaa 2011-06-15 12:26:22
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Asura.Shylaa said:
Whats the "Becky" mentality?
It can be a series of variables and does not always yield the same name, but as such- they are:

1) OWE MA GAWD!!
2) a like-disorder ("like" used after every verb)
3) skinny and not chunky
4) walks in groups, preferably the same mentality for the most part
5) usually rich or someone in the group is
6) too extravagant
7) not married and lives with her parents
8) age 20+

That's really all I feel like making about that, there is more traits I'm sure lol >_>

GF's sister is everything but the skinny part lol. And thats her name, it makes sense.

Undelete | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-06-15 12:28:55
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Ifrit.Daemun said:
In summation: pompous
Thanks, I couldn't stop :x
I hate when I can't think of a good summation word, and proceed to explain myself for 5 min just to get the same point across that one word would.

Post deleted by User.
By zahrah 2011-06-15 12:29:38
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shylaa said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Texas has hick girls with 1-5 teeth missing so it costs less to live there.

California has the hotties so it costs more to live there.

Which is better D=

I guess you've never actually been to California? Or only the "tourist" spots?

I could ask you the same question about Texas.

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Texas' economy (by itself) would be unsustainable long-term. Oil is a finite natural resource and the Texas' land possesses little else for natural resources. The climate is not conducive to agriculture. The social and educational culture is not conducive to scientific advances.

Are you serious? I just said that there will be a natural gas pipeline running through this state that will be the biggest in the nation.

The climate is conducive to agriculture. We have fertile coastal plains, forests, and plains in the panhandle that are exclusively known for crops.

Have you heard of Texas Instruments, Dell, maybe even Bell Helicopter? We almost had a particle accelerator built in Waxahachie!
 Ifrit.Arawn
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2011-06-15 12:32:11
Link | Citer | R

Oh look. State Cheer leading. Look at all those fluffy mounds of importance being inflated.
[+]
 Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-06-15 12:32:33
Link | Citer | R

zahrah said:
Asura.Shylaa said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:

Which is better D=

Texas' economy (by itself) would be unsustainable long-term. Oil is a finite natural resource and the Texas' land possesses little else for natural resources. The climate is not conducive to agriculture. The social and educational culture is not conducive to scientific advances.

Are you serious? I just said that there will be a natural gas pipeline running through this state that will be the biggest in the nation.

The climate is conducive to agriculture. We have fertile coastal plains, forests, and plains in the panhandle that are exclusively known for crops.

Have you heard of Texas Instruments, Dell, maybe even Bell Helicopter? We almost had a particle accelerator built in Waxahachie!
We're soon to have the first Coal fired power plant online in 20years put just 20miles from here. Talk about a boost to the economy and progress (victory) over the greenies.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-06-15 12:32:38
Link | Citer | R

Daemun:

If you make $75k annually and have a $250k value residential property, and a $250k value business property in Texas, you're going to pay roughly $9000 in State property taxes.

If you make the same salary and own the same value of properties in California, you're going to pay roughly $6800 in State income taxes, and roughly an additional $2400 in State property taxes. That totals $9200 total in State taxes. It's really not a big difference.

Now if you make a higher salary, or own less-expensive property, then yes, the "scales" tip towards the Texas resident spending less of his/her income on State taxes.

Listen, I do not hate or despise Texas. I just think it's comical how blindly many Texans embrace hyperbole and upchuck bravado about their own state's over-exaggerated economic fortitude.
You're a living, breathing example of just that.
 Siren.Inuyushi
Serveur: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-15 12:38:50
Link | Citer | R

Daemun:

If you make $75k annually and have a $250k value residential property, and a $250k value business property in Texas, you're going to pay roughly $9000 in State property taxes.

If you make the same salary and own the same value of properties in California, you're going to pay roughly $6800 in State income taxes, and roughly an additional $2400 in State property taxes. That totals $9200 total in State taxes. It's really not a big difference.

Now if you make a higher salary, or own less-expensive property, then yes, the "scales" tip towards the Texas resident spending less of his/her income on State taxes.

Listen, I do not hate or despise Texas. I just think it's comical how blindly many Texans embrace hyperbole and upchuck bravado about their own state's over-exaggerated economic fortitude.
You're a living, breathing example of just that.

This is fine and all because sure equal salaries, equal valued homes but....

What you get in Texas for your Money

Compared to Cali for the same!

Ok, big overestimate, but you get my point no?
 Asura.Shylaa
By Asura.Shylaa 2011-06-15 12:40:05
Link | Citer | R

zahrah said:
Asura.Shylaa said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:

Which is better D=

I only said this because you said it as though California has no such thing as hick towns or girls. They do, trust me I live in a hick town with very hick girls.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-06-15 12:42:06
Link | Citer | R

So let me get this straight...

1. Texas does some pretty cool things that maybe could help out some other states.

2. Nah, that's not entirely true, look at this evidence.

3. California girls are hot and Texans are not.

4. Not true! Texas girls are also hot!

5. Nu-uhhhhh!!!

6. Yes-huhhhhh!!

Am I following the thread right?

Seriously, though, things like finite resources are a problem for both California and Texas. In addition to concerns about the longevity of oil production, don't forget things like electricity and fresh water. If California is so awesome, why can't the power always be on? Then again, there's been some power issues in Texas as well.

At the same time, where I live, water and the concern over it is kind of part of our culture - but, it's a lot of our water that gets sold to other states. As everyone's population is growing, water is becoming more and more expensive, and, I don't expect it to be too long before it get "serious." (If small communities near me going WITHOUT running water because rights to the reservoir were sold to CA isn't serious...)

I don't know*, these are just my feelings about it. I am sure both California and Texas do plenty right, and plenty wrong. Overall, everyone is screwed, though.

*I do know that both Texas and Cali have hot girls
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-15 12:46:00
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Siren.Inuyushi said:
The 2nd house you can move without much effort tho.

I lol'd

@Term - Yea, you're following this right. I mean the article is just one perspective. We are two different states. But two things here get me:

1) California has all that income from Movies...how can you screw it up with that much cash?

2) One thing that helps Texas alot is a Balanced Budget. Taxes don't go towards previous debt.
By zahrah 2011-06-15 12:50:46
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Inuyushi said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Siren.Inuyushi said:
The 2nd house you can move without much effort tho.

I lol'd

That makes two of us!

The real estate prices there are absolutely ridiculous! One of my buddies from college and her husband moved to San Fran and paid nearly $500k for something I could buy here for $160.

Despite the increase in pay both of them received, that's still so steep.
 Phoenix.Mogue
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2011-06-15 12:55:15
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shylaa
By Asura.Shylaa 2011-06-15 12:56:58
Link | Citer | R

500k for a house in San Francisco? Damn thats a good deal! Try my brothers GF paying over 2m.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chuuuuu
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2011-06-15 12:59:50
Link | Citer | R

dont move to cali there is no room and too expensive :| id probably move to arizona first cuz its closer and houses are like mansions compared to what we got here for the same price x3
 Bahamut.Milamber
Serveur: Bahamut
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2011-06-15 12:59:54
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Inuyushi said:

Also, iirc the highest efficiency that a Solar Panel could put out under the power of 100 suns was (overestimating) 5% no? I just don't have much faith in that.
Er..... it is a lot higher than that.
Standard commercial panels (nonconcentrated) should be somewhere around 5-20%, with R&D units sitting somewhere between 20-40%. Theoretical maximum is somewhere around 80%, if I recall correctly.

There has been a lot of playing around both with fabrication processes and materials (in isolation and combination) in recent years, partially as a result of taking advantage of concepts used in advanced IC design and manufacturing.
 Asura.Shylaa
By Asura.Shylaa 2011-06-15 13:00:41
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
I think the main problem in Cali is the fact that they build a street/highway into itself 200 times, not sure tho.

Definitely. There is a stretch of highway south of town from me they have been working on for over 20 years. Talk about job security.
 Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-06-15 13:28:36
Link | Citer | R

zahrah said:

That makes two of us!

The real estate prices there are absolutely ridiculous! One of my buddies from college and her husband moved to San Fran and paid nearly $500k for something I could buy here for $160.

Despite the increase in pay both of them received, that's still so steep.
THIS IS FOR ELANA!!!

This was the point I made (it was obvious in my post), that the same house doesn't cost the same thing here vs. there. People buy a house that they need (and to an extent want), they don't buy a house strictly on it's value. If someone here makes $75k and has 2 children, they may buy a $250k house in Texas. If they so decide to move to California and retain that $75k income, they won't be able to buy the 4bdr home they need for $250k. They would be looking closer to $450k-700k. This is where your methodology is flawed. Of course, due to the market structure of California, the family probably would bring home considerably more there than $75k, but I'm just utilizing your example. Home purchases are based on many variants, not solely that of income.

I am not blinded in any way. I live in a place that has been near recession proof. I know quite a few people in other states and/or have family in other states that haven't been so lucky. I'm basing my opinion of our economy on a real-time observation of its state, as well as a thorough SWOT analysis.
 Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-06-15 13:30:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Shylaa said:
500k for a house in San Francisco? Damn thats a good deal! Try my brothers GF paying over 2m.
My dad's house and 200 acres is worth approx. a mil here in a small rural town. If it was 15 acres on the right hill in Cali it would be 25 mil

Bahamut.Milamber said:
Siren.Inuyushi said:

Also, iirc the highest efficiency that a Solar Panel could put out under the power of 100 suns was (overestimating) 5% no? I just don't have much faith in that.
Er..... it is a lot higher than that.
Standard commercial panels (nonconcentrated) should be somewhere around 5-20%, with R&D units sitting somewhere between 20-40%. Theoretical maximum is somewhere around 80%, if I recall correctly.

There has been a lot of playing around both with fabrication processes and materials (in isolation and combination) in recent years, partially as a result of taking advantage of concepts used in advanced IC design and manufacturing.

Thanks for this, I was so busy in my other statements I forgot to mention the improvements ongoing in solar due to R & D, rather, I focused more on operating costs and ROI
By zahrah 2011-06-15 14:10:54
Link | Citer | R

Back from lunch! I had a half a ribeye, baked potato, salad and some nice Texas sweet tea to wash it down! YUM!

Asura.Shylaa said:

I need to correct myself. It was a suburb of San Francisco, just to clarify.
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-15 14:16:35
Link | Citer | R

zahrah said:
Back from lunch! I had a half a ribeye, baked potato, salad and some nice Texas sweet tea to wash it down! YUM!

Asura.Shylaa said:

I need to correct myself. It was a suburb of San Francisco, just to clarify.

Yum, Sweet Tea! Boo Diet...
 Bismarck.Recaldy
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Recaldy
By Bismarck.Recaldy 2011-06-15 14:21:31
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, we get people from Cali and other high-maint. states that buy for-sale homes and sell for higher. that's what people say about the northside where the expensive homes are. Particularly because the cost for homes here is much lower than farther west as somebody psoted earlier. Good to see alot of development on the south side of town though, unrelated maybe. =x
By zahrah 2011-06-15 14:37:16
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Recaldy said:
Yeah, we get people from Cali and other high-maint. states that buy for-sale homes and sell for higher. that's what people say about the northside where the expensive homes are. Particularly because the cost for homes here is much lower than farther west as somebody psoted earlier. Good to see alot of development on the south side of town though, unrelated maybe. =x

Are you in ATX too? I forgot.

One of the worst things about the Californian interest in Texas is that they buy up multiple homes around here then put them up for lease. The Californian owners don't necessarily care about their investments or the tenets they allow to lease their properties. Thus, whole neighborhoods go to ***, and brings the property value down.

/rage

EDIT: Same for those turds from Nevada!
 Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-06-15 14:56:34
Link | Citer | R

zahrah said:

Are you in ATX too?
Yes

trollface.jpg

EDIT: Why with the avatar swapping ><
By zahrah 2011-06-15 15:06:25
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Daemun said:
zahrah said:

Are you in ATX too?
Yes

trollface.jpg

EDIT: Why with the avatar swapping ><

Meh...Just felt like it. You no like Me Gusta face?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8